Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
It's not the best writing...I give the writers a lot of credit, but if the story they want to go for is that --despite the episodes and weeks of MoNa development we had--it takes Mohsin to make a colossal mistake to "finally" understand Aina...well, I feel like that's just prolonging the drama for the sake of prolonging the drama. I'll reserve my judgment until I see how this story unfolds, but for lack of a better word, it's just silly. Then again, at least these writers are trying to show reasonable character development, even if it's a bit disjointed. That's more than a lot of writers do.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
I actually have not talked a lot about Mohsin's "confession" scene because I didn't like it at first. In fact, I hated it because he didn't confess despite us watching him fall for her for weeks. (I will admit I found him calling her "Aini" cute and how he appeared right when Aina asked Allah to show her the way...ok that was cute...)

But I was just driving home from an assignment, and it literally just occurred to me while I was driving: The "Good" Mohsin said to "Our" Mohsin you could love her. He was telling "Our" Mohsin that the potential for love was there. We have been watching Mohsin fall for Aina, yes, but I always thought he wasn't quite in love, not yet. I think at the point of the confession, he had very strong feelings for her, and I 100% believe he fell in love with her during these 18 years, but during the confession his feelings were just not strong enough yet to convey a love declaration. I wonder if there'll be a big moment post-leap where Mohsin admits that he does love her. Or maybe Aina is already aware of this, since she told Tabi and Raania that Mohsin shows his love in unusual ways. That doesn't sound like something Aina would ever have said before the leap. Who knows. Food for thought.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh oh oh ! Wow, I have so many beautiful posts to read but just by getting through the pages, I saw the bunch of gif sets and I just wanted to comment on them.

Thank you so much for posting these beautiful gifs on those beautiful scenes. Some of the rain sequence finally on the gifs. AHH thank you ! I again want to watch that scene.

And RD, yaaar kia capture hai is k expressions ka ! So soo love him when he does these signature expressions 😆❤️
From which epi or which moment did you take it by the way ? I can't remember the scene.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hivi

Sorry to intrude in your thread but I ve become a huge fan of KNK and joined this forum coz I wanted to share this drama with someone who appreciates it.I am completely smitten with this show. It has become one of my all time favorites surpassing my expectations. I ve not seen another drama which is so close to reality after Zindagi Gulzar Hai and what to say about Naveen and Emmad! They are absolutely fantabulous. By the way, You have written a great review of this episode. Great going!

LOL my first drama review! It was a review of episode 24 :D

Thanks for your feedback! I've actually been rewatching all the episodes and when I rewatched 24, I noticed something about MoNa's getting ready for dinner scene: When Mohsin fixes Aina's necklace, he looks at her eyes in the reflection of the mirror. While he's doing this, Aina is looking down. The second Mohsin moves his eyes away from her eyes, Aina looks up at Mohsin's eyes through the mirror. This was so subtle...I'm not sure if the actors coordinated this, the producers told them to do this or it was not intentional at all in any way and I'm simply reading too much into it (probably the most likely reason), but it was such a cute foreshadowing of their relationship: they could never seem to express themselves to each other at the right time. There was always a disconnect.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
We will have to see what the writers are intending to do, but I believe that Moshin loves Ayna for a long time but that love was hidden and unconscious. He never realise or understood the depth of his feeling toward Ayna. He was always attached to her, even when he was loyal to Nadia, Ayna was always his main priority. It was clear from the moment and in the scene where he referred her as Meri Ayna. The two Moshins scene had also hinted that too.

Now I am unsure if the writers are going to continue keeping the story in its true content and character modes/development. I hope they will. But it will become an issue if they don't or pretend it never happen as loyal viewers or people who have watched the show for its story and characters such as me will not be able to connect with that. I have said it before and will say it again - MoNa must be kept in or progressed from their original character development and that too within realistic boundaries/change. However I will not accept or forgive the writers/makers if they force MoNa to undergo a complete new personality change just for adjustment and suitability with current post leap storyline. As this is completely unnecessary.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

We will have to see what the writers are intending to do, but I believe that Moshin loves Ayna for a long time but that love was hidden and unconscious. He never realise or understood the depth of his feeling toward Ayna. He was always attached to her, even when he was loyal to Nadia, Ayna was always his main priority. It was clear from the moment and in the scene where he referred her as Meri Ayna. The two Moshins scene had also hinted that too.[/quote]

I agree, Charm, that he always had a pull towards her, subconscious or not. It may have always been romantic; it may not have. But the pull was always there. I don't believe he was in love with her at the time of the confession. I interpreted the two Mohsin as he was in the process, and he would be in love if he just stopped fighting it.

[quote]Now I am unsure if the writers are going to continue keeping the story in its true content and character modes/development. I hope they will. But it will become an issue if they don't or pretend it never happen as loyal viewers or people who have watched the show for its story and characters such as me will not be able to connect with that. I have said it before and will say it again - MoNa must be kept in or progressed from their original character development and that too within realistic boundaries/change. However I will not accept or forgive the writers/makers if they force MoNa to undergo a complete new personality change just for adjustment and suitability with current post leap storyline. As this is completely unnecessary.

Couldn't agree more. The writers wrote brilliant development. When you write such great development, the problem is, people start expecting the results of that development. The writers have to tread carefully here. I admit, it's really hard to write to please the masses. You simply cannot please everyone, especially with such high expectations. However, when you have proven yourself to be able to make even the most routine situations between a married couple an amazing scene, we know you have the ability to follow through on MoNa's development.

We've been able to justify a lot of episode 29, but I think all of us frequent posters have acknowledged that it's possible that our justifications are simply us trying to pull sense out of a situation that doesn't actually make sense because of our love for the drama/EmNa/MoNa. As I said earlier, I'm actually really nervous to watch episode 30. God I hope they don't let us down again. Just gotta remember that Mohsin is still a gray character and they're giving him this (hopefully temporarily) negative role. As long as we can get glimpses of the Mohsin we saw prior to episode 29, all hope is not lost!
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Actually, I want to re-watch the last epi to understand it better again 😆
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Fobby

Just to clarify, from your second last post even I don't want the makers to go for the plot that only involves in Moshin to understand Ayna better but I think it is likely that they will. Even though I felt that Moshin understood Ayna already in the pre- leap. But for some reasons and to avoid disappointment - I have a low expectations from now on. I had mentioned that I expect and think the makers can offer much more in their show/story than just an understanding from the husband and wife. I didn't want to post leap to happen but it did and ep 29 had been okay but am not completely satisfied so I don't know what is going to happen in the forthcoming episodes other than wait and see. I will give the writers and makers a chance but do have low expectations...
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Actually, I want to re-watch the last epi to understand it better again 😆

Then go back and read our analysis/old posts on ep 29 again 😆 😆 😊
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Last week I couldn't wait for ep 28 to begin on Monday and now I am nervous and dreading for ep 30 - for the fear that I might not connect or like it.

Wonder if it is normal to be worried about what consequences ep 30 will bring for us? 🤔