If we continue our discussion the same way, 30 is just a number 😛😆
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
The till last week, we were on what, page 70 or something 😆
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Haan.. and the best part is that there actually a discussion going on, on the show. Bht sare pages ek hi scene discuss karne lag gaye 😆 and I still want to discuss some parts. Lol
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
I want to watch some vms on them to satisfy the MoNa fan in me 😳
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I was wondering abt the title of the show being Kuch Na Kaho pre leap this was apt for Aina since she was asked to not say anything (ref to her Maaz truth) but post leap who will be the title be aptly justified for ? Aina again may b from the pt of view that Mohsin doesnt give her the chance to justify her hiding the truth and there is a sad end on offer or is it the fact that Mohsin will probably make a blunder with Tabi's wedding and thus when Maaz's truth will be out he will understand Aina's mistake better having made one himself and will ask her for no explanations and it will be like kuch na kaho cause i understand ( this is like the ultimate of wishful positive thinking 😆 )and we have a happy MoNa end or is the title already justified even post leap assuming Mohsin knows the truth and thus wants Aina to keep hearing reminders of it but not say anything in return pretty much like what happened in epi 29 or anyother justification which may have crossed my mind but i cant remember now 😆

Kuch na Kaho with Mohsin keeping quite and listening ro Aina all the time could have been alien possibility as well 😆

Apologies god knows what i wrote ^^ there 😆
Edited by -RD- - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I was smiling all day because Navin and Emmad know how much this drama is loved and appreciated. I know I said this before but just SO SO happy that they got this acknowledgment.
KnK obviously has a smaller budget than a show like SEDBN, and I'd say it's budget is lower than other 9:10 dramas like Nazr e Bad. I'm pretty sure EmNa were asked to do this drama because the production house saw their chemistry from SEDBN, and for some reason I feel like they believed this drama was not going to be a "super hit", like they knew it wasn't going to get the promos and advertisements that things like MM, Sammi, etc., got. Hell, it doesn't even get the same promotions that SEDBN gets.

But man, just look at this drama now. This little low-budget, twice weekly drama is getting them all this acclaim and love, and I'm just over the moon for them. They deserve all the great feedback, and I seriously smile reading their instagram comments at how loved they are.

It just proves you don't need the biggest celebrities. You don't need beautiful, various sets (EmNa made weeks worth of some of the series's highest quality episodes with just the two of them in the same house that's used in multiple dramas). You don't need a huge budget. You don't need the female leads to wear seven different designer kurtas in each episode.

Good writing, good acting. That's all it takes. In KnK, we got spoiled because we got phenomenal writing and just the very, very best cast we could've hoped for (EmNa + Shazia Naz as Sajjal and Mirza Zain as Faraz, and even Asad Zaman Khan and Hira Hussain do so much justice to the characters of Imran and Annie). Then we got super spoiled with production teams giving us beautiful rain scenes and editors that knew how to make even the precaps a huge topic of conversation.

I love this drama. Even if the next few episodes are not what I expected, I will always love the first 28 episodes as some of the best episodes from a drama I've ever seen. This may be one of my top shows of all time, including British/American/Australian shows.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

I was wondering abt the title of the show being Kuch Na Kaho pre leap this was apt for Aina since she was asked to not say anything (ref to her Maaz truth) but post leap who will be the title be aptly justified for ? Aina again may b from the pt of view that Mohsin doesnt give her the chance to justify her hiding the truth and there is a sad end on offer or is it the fact that Mohsin will probably make a blunder with Tabi's wedding and thus when Maaz's truth will be out he will understand Aina's mistake better having made one himself and will ask her for no explanations and it will be like kuch na kaho cause i understand ( this is like the ultimate of wishful positive thinking 😆 )and we have a happy MoNa end or is the title already justified even post leap assuming Mohsin knows the truth and thus wants Aina to keep hearing reminders of it but not say anything in return pretty much like what happened in epi 29 or anyother justification which may have crossed my mind but i cant remember now 😆

Kuch na Kaho with Mohsin keeping quite and listening ro Aina all the time could have been alien possibility as well 😆

Apologies god knows what i wrote ^^ there 😆

I like your thoughts RD! I enjoyed reading them...but I honestly have never given much thought to the names of Pakistani dramas. For the most part, the names are very generic and the name of any one drama can very easily be applied to any other drama. An example is SEDBN and Kuch na Kaho. Shehla and Aina each go through very many hardships in their life. At one point in her life, Aina felt so alone and thought the entire world turned on her; KnK could've therefore easily have been titled "Saya e Dewar Bhi Nahi" and Shehla was essentially told to shut up by her father, by Maalik Mansoor, by Peter...literally everyone never let her speak her mind or get her way, so in that case SEDBN could just as easily have been called "Kuch na Kaho". LOL Pakistani drama writers and novelists need to find names that aren't so generic. Urdu is such a poetic language. Surely something more unique can be used...?
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Kuch Na Kaho bas chup kar k Mohsin babu ki batein sunte raho 😆
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I like your thoughts RD! I enjoyed reading them...but I honestly have never given much thought to the names of Pakistani dramas. For the most part, the names are very generic and the name of any one drama can very easily be applied to any other drama. An example is SEDBN and Kuch na Kaho. Shehla and Aina each go through very many hardships in their life. At one point in her life, Aina felt so alone and thought the entire world turned on her; KnK could've therefore easily have been titled "Saya e Dewar Bhi Nahi" and Shehla was essentially told to shut up by her father, by Maalik Mansoor, by Peter...literally everyone never let her speak her mind or get her way, so in that case SEDBN could just as easily have been called "Kuch na Kaho". LOL Pakistani drama writers and novelists need to find names that aren't so generic. Urdu is such a poetic language. Surely something more unique can be used...?

Really? I always thought the titles of most shows in Urdu were quite poetic, at times too much so. For example, Dumpukht Atish E Ishq (I mean I had to scratch my head to figure out what it could mean), or Saya E Dewar Bhi Nahin, or Ek Tamanna La Hasil Thi, or Kankar or Udaari (still don't know what it means), or Sang-E-Marmar Ka Dil. But yes, others can have generic names like Humsafar, or Bhai, or Zindagi Gulzar Hai.
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

I was smiling all day because Navin and Emmad know how much this drama is loved and appreciated. I know I said this before but just SO SO happy that they got this acknowledgment.

KnK obviously has a smaller budget than a show like SEDBN, and I'd say it's budget is lower than other 9:10 dramas like Nazr e Bad. I'm pretty sure EmNa were asked to do this drama because the production house saw their chemistry from SEDBN, and for some reason I feel like they believed this drama was not going to be a "super hit", like they knew it wasn't going to get the promos and advertisements that things like MM, Sammi, etc., got. Hell, it doesn't even get the same promotions that SEDBN gets.

But man, just look at this drama now. This little low-budget, twice weekly drama is getting them all this acclaim and love, and I'm just over the moon for them. They deserve all the great feedback, and I seriously smile reading their instagram comments at how loved they are.

It just proves you don't need the biggest celebrities. You don't need beautiful, various sets (EmNa made weeks worth of some of the series's highest quality episodes with just the two of them in the same house that's used in multiple dramas). You don't need a huge budget. You don't need the female leads to wear seven different designer kurtas in each episode.

Good writing, good acting. That's all it takes. In KnK, we got spoiled because we got phenomenal writing and just the very, very best cast we could've hoped for (EmNa + Shazia Naz as Sajjal and Mirza Zain as Faraz, and even Asad Zaman Khan and Hira Hussain do so much justice to the characters of Imran and Annie). Then we got super spoiled with production teams giving us beautiful rain scenes and editors that knew how to make even the precaps a huge topic of conversation.

I love this drama. Even if the next few episodes are not what I expected, I will always love the first 28 episodes as some of the best episodes from a drama I've ever seen. This may be one of my top shows of all time, including British/American/Australian shows.

Yes, good writing (which takes time and effort; writers need patrons to spot and foster their talents), good execution, and good casting (again, I think this takes time and the knack for spotting right talent for the right role). I mean I cannot imagine someone else in Mohsin or Aina's role. Change either, and the magic is lost because all the visual appeal is lost. In all, I think money is needed but not to spend on expensive actors, directors or expensive sets or advertisements, but most importantly, on spotting the right talent (writing, direction, acting), nurturing that talent (like not holding writers to a clock, and forcing them to live a paycheck by paycheck), and giving them opportunity to grow, and even, in my opinion, do pilot runs and workshops before green lighting a show, sort of how they do in Hollywood. SO, all this will need someone with money to spend on these resources, but it can be achieved as people like Dibaker Banerjee or Vishal Bharadwaj do in Indian movies. They run a very tight ship but nurture talent they spot and have vetted. As a result, even their most mediocre efforts are worth a discerning audience's time, and their films almost always break even, even when not generating profits for the production houses. I think Pakistani tv producers need to adopt this model, and really give writers the time and freedom to do something creative. I mean you could have a beautiful adaptation of King Lear that was also watchable and accessible to the average audience. The one thing about recent dramas here is that they are very cliched in their stories, and often in their execution as well. KNK soars about the mundane because even in the basically cliched plot, the execution, dialogue, and characterization are very unique, and in-depth. You feel for them, and you want to hear them speak. The characters really have a very vibrant interior life, unlike other many other dramas on TV. And pakistani producers, writers etc need to stop thinking of TV as an inferior medium. I mean I have lost track of how many times actors or writers of talent will score their one big hit, and move to making little watched, middling films. I mean films are great, but they are a fundamentally different medium, with far too short a time in which to tell a story. It feels like a talented novel writer, on attaining success, forcing himself to only write short-stories. One could make the switch, but is there really a need? I see both forms of story telling as valid and with their own pluses. Films are more expensive to mount making it harder to tell more experimental stories, and you really need to have the financial and technical wiizardy of say, Dibaker, to really be at home in that medium. It is a whole different ball game is all I'm saying :-). Sorry for the rant, but yes, KNK soars esp because it started off on familiar territory (romantic tragedy) and avoided falling into the trap of cliches.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago