_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
@ RD I love it 😎
@ charmgal, What can I say, we are a mature bunch 😆
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ash--Ohhh, pharmacology. I remember the days of chemistry, structures, Vmax, Kmax, mechanisms of action, haha. Glad I don't have to take that again!
CHARM-I was actually reading you and Ash's discussions on the rewatches of episode 29 and I have to say, I agree with every word. You guys pretty much summarized what I said earlier: Mohsin and Aina's interactions with each other in the episode weren't actually that bad. On my first watch of the episode, I didn't get a sense of distance. The reason I kept complaining about the kids' dialogues was because those truly were the things that haunted me most in the episode because it implies a lack of egalitarianism between MoNa, but Mohsin and Aina's interactions sort of contradict that claim, like you said, so that's why I didn't complain much about the actual MoNa interactions at all in the original review. When I first watched the episode, the little things like their physical closeness when talking about Tabi, when he called out for Aina three times but never screamed for her like he used to, how he needed Aina to reason with Tabi, how Aina sought him out at the end of the episode and had a conversation with him (which we never saw her do before the leap), him telling Raania to give Tabi food after his convo with Aina about her...there were definitely things there to make you see the MoNa bond wasn't gone. In my review of the episode I said that I gave the episode points because you could tell Aina had an effect on him. And we saw a pretty strict Mohsin in this episode, but even Aina said this is too much, even for him, and he admitted he's feeling stressed because his girls are growing up.

We've talked about how Mohsin may have abandonment issues...him keeping Tabi from going to university and deciding when she gets married may be his way of controlling when and who gets to leave him. It's not right, but it is quite in character for him.

I truly hope Tabi's claims that she won't be another Aina are just an echo back to the days when Mohsin used to yell at Aina. If that's the case, then that little conversation Aina had with Mohsin about how not to yell at her in front of Tabi was actually important! If that truly is the case, then bravo to the writers for making such a little snippet be momentous! (I'm fully aware I can be giving the writers too much credit here). I hope Aina and Tabi talk about what Tabi said to her and Tabi explains why she said it. Even Aina seemed surprised by it.

And I agree, Charm, we do seem to be re-evaluating the episode. I think everybody had different takes and interpreted the scenes of the episode in their own ways, and since we're all talking about it here, when we present the scenes we found to be somewhat positive--well, if we put together all of our versions of the episode, the episode doesn't seem that bad.

For example: I didn't think MoNa's interactions with each other were that negative and I tried to say as much in previous posts; Abby and Ash explained Aina's lines about being with a man who can be hot and cold; you and ash tried to elucidate the kids' dialogues and the confession scene; jasmine brought a wonderful insight into how the mere mohsin/favour line were a marital fight, likely started by Aina saying her life was a series of unfortunate events, which triggered something in Mohsin that caused him to say never forget the favour I did for you. When you put the little puzzle pieces of positivity together, you may get a picture that makes a little bit of sense. I think we were all just so perturbed by the concept of the leap, and I myself read comments on Ig that said "Mohsin should change!" before I watched the episode, and let myself be influenced. When we take a step back, the prognosis isn't that bad.

Despite what I just typed, I am a little fearful of the next episode. I will still watch it, of course, but it's giving me palpitations just thinking about it. I'm beginning to think the writers needed a villain, so they just kept Mohsin in this gray role when we all expected him to be a little lighter...But I hope the writers don't make him too dark in this process.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

I understand. Here's my re-imaging of Mohsin-Aina's story (my first attempt at any creative writing): feel free to offer critiques if you have any. I want to learn the craft of writing as much as I can even if the art of it eludes me :-)
Feel free to share any writing you've done under a pseudonym. I would be interested in reading it.

https://www.wattpad.com/362437284-trust-the-train-preface

I would love to read it! I'm actually saving a permalink to your post. I'm at work right now and can't open wattpad (I guess it's restricted on my office's Wi-Fi).
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CharmGal

Guys,

Have you noticed the changes in us? 🤔

We went from shock to complaining about ep 29 and then afterward starting to make sense/justify why things have been said or happened...slowly accepting the changes made the writers...wow we do come across as very mature gang here! 😆 😆 But anything for MoNa/EmNa and this show right? 😆

That is why the discussion here is always enjoyable cuz we all don't stick to the same idea. We all are always curious and want to dissect every single part of the episode.. and this is exactly what proves the awesomeness of the show.. that it makes us discuss in detail and have so many different views to read.

And of course then there is that special corner for our EmNa/MoNa obsession that make us want to believe that they still are the MoNa we fell in love with 😆 😛
The_Imane thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Achi dua na dena kabhi 😆

Allah kare tumhe Sevran me kahin job mil jaye, lo dedi achi dua 😛
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
RD
Yaaar.. thank you.. tumne kia chun k scenes liye hain.. I loved the two of them ❤️.. Do make more <3
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Imane

Hawww ! Gandi bachi ! I am happy working just by the corner of my house.. mujhe Sevran jaa k marna nahi hai 😆

Btw, how do you know about Sevran ? DidI tell you ? Ya tum meri jasoosi kar rahi ho 🤔 🤣
The_Imane thumbnail
Have watched the first episode, will give a longer rewiew after watching more.
Main kaafi frank houn so bare with me 😆

Nadia seems like a nice person, Moshin seemed rude, macho n selfish to me 😆

Aina has got a nice personality, loved how she speak up for herself. (Specially when she met Imraan's cousin)

As for Imraan, he seems genuine as for now but i think his cousin n parents will force him to leave Aina.

Aina's mother seems understanding..
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
RD - loved last one and is one of my favourites

Fobby, Tabs and Ash - agreed with you all here, you have summarised everything we have looked at very beautifully.

Want to mention a special thanks to everyone who dedicated time to contribute in this thread to make sense of the analysis in ep 29. Think our hard work had paid off and because of this we are ready to face ep 30 on Monday...bring it on 😎 but writers of KNK - please no horrible surprises 😆
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
The_Imane thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Imane

Hawww ! Gandi bachi ! I am happy working just by the corner of my house.. mujhe Sevran jaa k marna nahi hai 😆

Btw, how do you know about Sevran ? DidI tell you ? Ya tum meri jasoosi kar rahi ho 🤔 🤣

@bold which is barely 200-300 meters away from JM, kahin ek din tere workplace pe aa gaye naa 😈

@Italic Iraada tumhe marwane ka hi tha 😈

@red Kaafi sources hain mere 😛 mere bhoot ne bataya tha.

BTW, I have to say this Ashy, kya kismaat hai tumhari.
Past Sevran, Present 95, Future Seine-et-Marne 🤣