Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

πŸ₯ΊThis is my favorite scene in the episode

Can't decide which scenes were my favourite on that day πŸ˜† since I loved two scenes in ep 29:
1) two Moshins scene! Thought it was directed very well
2) and the MoNa/EmNa scene that you have mentioned
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am trying to re-watch the older episodes and see if they offer clues to future developments. In the rain scene, for example, first Aina is caught in the storm of her troubles, and for a few seconds, Mohsin stays shielded from it as a silent spectator. Then, he cannot help but step in, if only to avoid waking the neighbours and causing a scandal (his staying married with Aina even after he knows fully of her transgressions may too have been motivated, at first, by a dread of social opprobrium). By staying together in that stormy, tumultuous union, both are drenched, which suggests that both get caught up in each other's problems. For Mohsin this means his kids and family will be nurtured by Aina, and as she does so, she will be more and more intertwined with his existence, much against his wishes. He will have to keep his self righteousness and inflated sense of morality as apart as he can, which will be a constant struggle for him because he is, by his very nature, judgemental and somewhat incapable of putting himslef inothers' shoes. For Aina, being with Mohsin means his sense of mistrust, aloofness, and loathing for her past deeds will be a constant palpable presence in her life. Their life will, it seems, be a stormy one together. In that regard, the only unblemished love that Aina will find as a anchor will be from Mohsin's kids, which again, ties her ever more inextricably to him.
By this, then, the makers are suggesting that there will be no secure romantic haven for Aina, unlike say Sajal, who clearly lucked out with Faraz. But, Sajal may be denied filial devotion which might be something Aina's will get inample measure. This could be metaphorically suggested by the fact that the maker's chose to keep Aina biologically fertile even after having tried to kill herself when pregnant, whereas a slight misstep was all it took to take away Sajal's fertility.
But then, I am curious about why the makers decided to show scenes in recent episodes that suggested that Aina and Mohsin would have a normal conjugal relationship, prior to the fastforwarding of events?
I agree that this show seems to lend itself better to such analysis unlike even shows like Humsafar (which I love for the romantic tale that it is) and this is to the makers' credit. But I will withhold my final judgement till the series wraps up.

The_Imane thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

I have so many posts to catch up on the show. I have read some but not all. I will read them tomorrow as at the moment I am preparing for my exam tomorrow.. but I was so curious that I came here again and again πŸ˜†.

Ab kal exam mein meri izzat reh jaaye bas.

Tumne to fail ho jaana hai waisse bhi πŸ˜†

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
humsafars rain scene is overrated
and i like fawad sanam baloch jodi more
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
@RD
yes yes yes this snapshot i was talking abt

i love love love their height difference issshhh

and seems like now i hv to wwtch ek thi misaal
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

I am trying to re-watch the older episodes and see if they offer clues to future developments. In the rain scene, for example, first Aina is caught in the storm of her troubles, and for a few seconds, Mohsin stays shielded from it as a silent spectator. Then, he cannot help but step in, if only to avoid waking the neighbours and causing a scandal (his staying married with Aina even after he knows fully of her transgressions may too have been motivated, at first, by a dread of social opprobrium). By staying together in that stormy, tumultuous union, both are drenched, which suggests that both get caught up in each other's problems. For Mohsin this means his kids and family will be nurtured by Aina, and as she does so, she will be more and more intertwined with his existence, much against his wishes. He will have to keep his self righteousness and inflated sense of morality as apart as he can, which will be a constant struggle for him because he is, by his very nature, judgemental and somewhat incapable of putting himslef inothers' shoes. For Aina, being with Mohsin means his sense of mistrust, aloofness, and loathing for her past deeds will be a constant palpable presence in her life. Their life will, it seems, be a stormy one together. In that regard, the only unblemished love that Aina will find as a anchor will be from Mohsin's kids, which again, ties her ever more inextricably to him.

By this, then, the makers are suggesting that there will be no secure romantic haven for Aina, unlike say Sajal, who clearly lucked out with Faraz. But, Sajal may be denied filial devotion which might be something Aina's will get inample measure. This could be metaphorically suggested by the fact that the maker's chose to keep Aina biologically fertile even after having tried to kill herself when pregnant, whereas a slight misstep was all it took to take away Sajal's fertility.
But then, I am curious about why the makers decided to show scenes in recent episodes that suggested that Aina and Mohsin would have a normal conjugal relationship, prior to the fastforwarding of events?
I agree that this show seems to lend itself better to such analysis unlike even shows like Humsafar (which I love for the romantic tale that it is) and this is to the makers' credit. But I will withhold my final judgement till the series wraps up.

Great analysis on the rain scene! Don't have anything to add to that.

But what do you mean about the conjugal relationship? From the latest episode it is implied that MoNa sleep in the same room. The same room Aina was looking at pictures in was Mohsins bedroom. Also, the scene where they were discussing Tabis future (the infamous "mere Mohsin"/ehsaan conversation) they were standing much closer to each other while facing each other than they had before the skip. I think it's safe to assume that they have a normal, physical relationship but they simply chose not to have kids with each other. For example I don't know if you watch saya e dewar bhi nahin, but Maalik mansoor and Shiza clearly had a physical relationship before and after marriage but Maalik told her he did not want children. There are ways to sidestep having kids. Also, we saw Mohsin tell Aina he doesn't want kids. I guess that was the writers way of letting the audience know they wouldn't be having children too.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: The_Imane

Tumne to fail ho jaana hai waisse bhi πŸ˜†

Achi dua na dena kabhi πŸ˜†
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

But what do you mean about the conjugal relationship? From the latest episode it is implied that MoNa sleep in the same room. The same room Aina was looking at pictures in was Mohsins bedroom. Also, the scene where they were discussing Tabis future (the infamous "mere Mohsin"/ehsaan conversation) they were standing much closer to each other while facing each other than they had before the skip. I think it's safe to assume that they have a normal, physical relationship but they simply chose not to have kids with each other. For example I don't know if you watch saya e dewar bhi nahin, but Maalik mansoor and Shiza clearly had a physical relationship before and after marriage but Maalik told her he did not want children. There are ways to sidestep having kids. Also, we saw Mohsin tell Aina he doesn't want kids. I guess that was the writers way of letting the audience know they wouldn't be having children too.

Really? For some reason, I thought they were not physically involved because Mohsin was so distant with her. It never occurred to me that they would still be having sex with each other. But, I guess you are correct.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

MoNa's rain scene is unmatchable. The werid part is that when we hear a 'rain sequence', it most likely gives an impression of a romantic soft intense moment. But here, what makes the KNK rain sequnce special is that it was not romantic.. it had so many emotions ensembled. The anxiety, the anger, the outburst due to it, the feeling of being worthless, the feeling of loneliness every single was there. I have always called this scene as Ayna's breakdown cuz it actually was. We saw her finally speaking for herself even though there was no one to listen to her and then there came Mohsin, who actually saw her devastated , he observed her the way he never did. He stayed calm, confused ? trying to understand the situation and Ayna. He had never seen her this shattered. And Ayna, her outburst on Mohsin for his behaviour.. made him think about it too. And when he shouted Ayna twice, I bugged along with Ayna ... THAT MUCH impact that scene had. I was so into these two ❀️.

This was actually the most wonderful rain scene I have ever seen in any show.. that had so much impact.. I literally had goosebumps and this was the episode which made me wait for the next episodes and made me come here and find this thread post here. Ahh this discussion made me want to rewatch that scene πŸ˜†
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Omg, is that how he found out about Maaz, or at least her previous childbirth experience and that she had been sexually active with Imran? Because they had started a normal,physical relationship with each another? That would make his more than higher levels of self righteous indignation understandable, I think.