Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Started watching this drama recently . No woman ever deserves a husband like Mohsin, he has no respect for women at all. He needs to see a psycho therapist .
The worst thing is that after so many years of bullying , now his wife truly believes that he did ehsaan on her and he too forces her to believe this . The truth is that it was Aina who did him a favour , much much bigger than he can ever imagine ...😡

I hope Tabi fights for her rights . She has every right to become an engineer if she wants that . Then I hope to see ( I am sure they will never show this ) that Aina's daughters and also her son give her enough confidence to walk out of her marriage , leaving this control freak behind her forever .
Edited by Tanyaz - 7 years ago
BIaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The leap was a huge let down for me. And the manoing scene before the leap. It felt like there never was a closure on any of their issues and after all these years no development in their relationship. Not only no development they seemed to have gone a few steps backward. Before the leap we saw both of them developing feelings for each other and here we were all waiting to see how that goes. But what we see is a couple who just compromised, learnt to live with each other. There were no feelings, no mohabbat nothing between the couple after the leap.
The ehsaan dialogue from Mohsin was such an insult to all the years she spend for him and his children. Then there was that dialogue from Tabi that I won't let dad to treat me like he did Ayna. Everything points to an insulting life for Ayna where she had no voice , no right in his life all these years. Nothing made sense to me. I feel bad for Ayna.

I hope to see huge repentance from Mohsin atleast in this budappa can we hope for a romantic Mohsin lol
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: jasmine_anih

If Moshin steps back and looks at it Aina, did do him a favor. Even as a divorcee, he could have never married better than Aina and his kids would not have been able to have such a dedicated mother. Is he that insecure or conservative that he does not see it?

The IF is the catch word here sadly, what I found surprising was that post leap Mohsin is so unconcerned when it comes to his jibes at Aina isse to acha pre leap wala tha bakwaas karta tha but affected bhi hota tha and realize and regret bhi karta tha here what I saw was complete indifference like Aina is there to hear his bakwaas and scathing comments, taking her for granted completely.

He is conservative for sure and insecure too but more than that he is completely blinded by his self obsession and self righteousness.He needs a hard fall to make him see again probably, he needs to commit that one blunder and then learn from how those around him react to him and deal with him despite the blunder.

Edited by -RD- - 7 years ago
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanyaz

Started watching this drama recently . No woman ever deserves a husband like Mohsin, he has no respect for women at all. He needs to see a psycho therapist .

The worst thing is that after so many years of bullying , now his wife truly believes that he did ehsaan on her and he too forces her to believe this . The truth is that it was Aina who did him a favour , much much bigger than he can ever imagine ...😡

I hope Tabi fights for her rights . She has every right to become an engineer if she wants that . Then I hope to see ( I am sure they will never show this ) that Aina's daughters and also her son give her enough confidence to walk out of her marriage , leaving this control freak behind her forever .

Yes. I was waiting for him to fall in love with Aina and redeem himself, kinda like Basher did. But I dint think the writers are interested in that. I therefore, find Imran a better match for Aina now. He has at least punished himself and Ainee all these years, and he is repentant, and aboveall, he is capable of loving Aina. For these reasons, i can excuse his flaws.
I want naveen and emaad need to be cast in a romantic comedy like Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon. This show doesnt do justice to their talents.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Actually it is not that important , not in this stage of her life , that she has to end up with anyone , even Imran . That guy too was unfair . Yes, he is much better than Aina's husband but still , his parents are nasty .
Aina should only be with her children , Tabi , Rania and Ashar . They should give her the strength and the courage to walk . She has been punished way too much . I would love to see Mohsin left all alone in his huge house with the pictures of his late wife , no Aina and not even his kids around him . That is what he deserves for being so selfish and ruining Aina's life .
Edited by Tanyaz - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
You guys it is legitimately breaking my heart to see some of you say you're no longer MoNa fans after this episode. 😭

As far as ImNa vs MoNa vs Aina ending up alone or dead goes, my loyalty will always be to MoNa. I cannot honestly believe that the writers would build up this relationship for weeks just to amount in a divorce or one of their deaths. I still think the writers have a plan, however discombobulated it is.

However, if MoNa cannot happen for whatever reason, I'd rather Aina end up with Imran than dead or alone. Imran has shown development in terms of being sorry for his treatment of Aina and has been living without her all these years--at least an ImNa ending wouldn't be a total waste of character development.

If Aina ends up dead or alone, im sorry that's just awful awful writing. Aina made one mistake in her life and so for the rest of her life she suffers? And the worst part about Aina ending up dead or alone would be that we have had two guys show development in terms of their treatment of her (Mohsin and Imran). It would be such a waste to just throw that development away to show Aina alone/dead.

I can't stop thinking about why they threw away all that development. It's making me furious and sad at the same time. How can one episode upend the drama so badly. Please, writers, fix this in the next episodes before such an epic drama loses its way and fades into the forgettable territory.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
jasmine_anih thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

The IF is the catch word here sadly, what I found surprising was that post leap Mohsin is so unconcerned when it comes to his jibes at Aina isse to acha pre leap wala tha bakwaas karta tha but affected bhi hota tha and realize and regret bhi karta tha here what I saw was complete indifference like Aina is there to hear his bakwaas and scathing comments, taking her for granted completely.

He is conservative for sure and insecure too but more than that he is completely blinded by his self obsession and self righteousness.He needs a hard fall to make him see again probably, he needs to commit that one blunder and then learn from how those around him react to him and deal with him despite the blunder.

It almost makes you wonder, are the characters unhappy or choosing to be unhappy. Even the way he treats his daughters. He is setting them up for the same mistakes. Then he can be a regretful grump again.

If this was supposed to be a morality tale, Aina really just made the mistake of having faith in Imran. Everything that has occurred afterwards she has done in the best interest of Sajal, Faraz, and Moshin.
Edited by jasmine_anih - 7 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Interesting viewpoints from everyone today, I respect all of them and do understand where they are coming from. Yesterday had been disapointing - there no denying from me in this part.

My view:

Yesterday ep had been good up to the point where Moshin come for Anya to take her home and to start afresh. After that - frankly, the writers have lost their marbles.

I was against the timeskip as I felt there were so many potential layers between MoNa for the writers to continue exploring and developing their relationship and understanding and eventually end the show with a happy ending for MoNa as well as sending out a powerful message about life and its hardships. But none of that happen. Now if the writers are still keen to introduce the timeskip or leap, they should have done that after MoNa are in a strong stage with each other or alternatively create a smaller version of timeskip. 18 years is too much and I feel this is the reason why the plot felt flat and suddenly became bewildering for the viewers to connect with the current development happening in the show. Clearly, the writers didn't know which version of MoNa should be shown that it is because they haven't fully explore MoNa's relationship and struggle to create an image of MoNa that audience could relate to.

Having said that, I am still hopeful that they (writers and PH) will have something plan and store in the show that involve mainly MoNa after all they went into huge lengths to achieve MoNa pairing and that too in a convincing way. So hoping they won't let their efforts and hard work to go waste.

As for the post leap, I would argue that both Moshin and Ayna have changed, yes - you have heard it right even Moshin had changed. This could be the reason why most are not liking the beginning of post leap era. Moshin was strict and can be difficult at times in the past, but back then he did have a heart and was indirectly considerative when matters involves Ayna. He couldn't help but make exceptions for her even if he didn't want to. She was his weakness and he used to crave for her attention. Whereas now - he asked her to leave after delivering his coffee. Ayna usually didn't give up until she had it in her own way - which is why they used to unintentionally clashed with each other as they both want to dominate one another. Now Moshin came across as a quite cold person while Ayna as a passive person. This isn't the MoNa we recognise and were familiar with. So both of them had changed. The only thing that remain the same was the chemistry and spark that EmNa provide as MoNa otherwise everything in MoNa seems distorted. They were unrecognisable and came across as a dull couple who didn't have a self in them. While the pre- leap MoNa used to be unique, stubborn, independent, ambitious and knew their own self very well. The pre-leap version of MoNa knew what they want from themselves and one another. I loved that about MoNa and asked the writers to bring back the MoNa we loved and knew. The new MoNa were out of character in some places - think that was part of the problem in the yesterday ep.

To my fellow members who are actively involved in this thread and make it worthwhile revisiting this thread and to everyone else who is interested in MoNa/ this show - I urge you all to continue watching this show for, at least another few eps. To give it a chance, before deciding/coming to final judgement about the characters and this show. Since the writers have clearly gone into huge efforts to accomplish Mona pairing and character developments and I refuse to believe at the moment that they would let it go waste. They will certainly have something in store for MoNa which might turn out to be better than we have originally imagined.

ASH - as for your question about why Moshin used the word ehsaaan and the sudden change in MoNa's relationship - at the moment that remain mystery due a huge timeskip so we don't know what happened to MoNa in order for them to behave like this. Hopefully, the writers will provide an answer to justify this change in MoNa at some point in the forthcoming episodes.
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

This image is the one thing giving me hope right now. The family is happy and smiling.

Please please pleaseee let the writers have a justifiable reason for why MoNa regressed.

I wonder if there's a way to see who wrote which episode. If the same team wrote this latest episode as the team who wrote the previous 28, there's hope. If it's a completely new team that we're stuck with now, oh god.

This is why I hate leaps though. I agree with everything CHARM said. There was more to MoNa. They couldve ended the show with a young MoNa and I guarantee even if the MoNa story didn't feel complete with that ending, it would've been better received than what we got yesterday. And if you do a leap, you have to stay at least a little consistent with what was shown immediately before the leap like, idk, an apologetic Mohsin who seems sincerely sorry for his behaviour? Not one that regressed back to the pre MoNa days.

Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Agree Fobby - they should have ended the show with young MoNa. But could have added a few more eps focusing on developing Moshin and Ayna's relationship and marriage even after Moshin took Ayna home. I do feel that the writers have rushed into the whole thing but let see...
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago