Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Jaan-Jee

Go back and read the comments please. This below quote is not about plastic surgery. And no one talked about degrading Pakistan. I said please do not make assumptions about Pakistan.

"Actors and actresses do have an image to protect in the society and in Pakistan things tend to be look differently there. So some may ensure that they stay within the societal boundaries in Pakistan as a way to keep up with image and society. But not all actors and actresses do this. Having said that, some older generations will appreciate this if they do interact in a minimal way. Emaad is married and Naveen is a single woman so there are restricted boundaries when looking at societal norms in Pakistan. Boundaries in society vary between countries."

Just to clarify ...I want to know how did you assume these restricted boundaries about single Naveen and married Emaad when looking at societal norms in Pakistan? Naveen and Emad Irfani did not seem friendly in a show, how from this it got to societal norms in Pakistan. I would really like to know about it please.

PS. Once again I am not trying to offend anyone but if someone is making some sweeping generalized assumptions, then I personally would like to know about the basis of these assumptions.

I don't think the person who said this was trying to offend or make general assumptions about anything, She was just offering her POV and her analysis.

" Emaad is married and Naveen is a single woman so there are restricted boundaries when looking at societal norms in Pakistan. Boundaries in society vary between countries"

Regarding just this quote above.

Usually whatever the societal norms are, they are inherently bred into kids and people. In case you forget, a lot of people on this forum are used to south asian culture. In society, if a married men or women and a single man or woman are "too friendly" people talk. It happens all over the world not just pakistan.

I mean just think about it.

If naveen and Emaad were super friendly and hugging or clicking pictures together, they'd be judged negatively because that is how society reacts. headlines would call it an affair or call it home-wrecking.

To answer the second part of your question, "I want to know how did you assume these restricted boundaries about single Naveen and married Emaad when looking at societal norms in Pakistan? Naveen and Emad Irfani did not seem friendly in a show, how from this it got to societal norms in Pakistan."

Naveen and Emaad not being friendly is not a direct correlation to societal norms in pakistan, I don't think that was a TM's way of looking at it.
If anything, it was a indirect point of view, saying they may not have been interacting so freely because those societal restrictions have been inherently within them.

because society says married and single people of opposite genders shouldn't interact, thus, personal restricted boundaries are born.

Maybe they are just reserved people or they are inherently or sub consciously aware of the repercussions that may arise if they seem over-friendly. But I'm sure that these 2 mature adults in the entertainment industry know that they have an image and if they cross certain lines, it could affect them negatively

_Tabs_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

Omg so its just not me πŸ˜† man he does have pretty fingers too they add so much 😳 v distractive indeed despite the face and physique being distractive enough already!

YES!

Also there was the scene at the dining table and i could only notice his hands when he was giving Aina medicine 🀣
those fingers give his hands such a elegance, he was piano fingers, long and slim πŸ˜†
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Another reason I'm sad about the time leap is that if it happens this week, that pretty much eliminates the chances of our MoNa baby :(. Also I think Umer naru is playing Asher for sure since he posted an ig pic captioned "playing the brother of the bride" and Maryam/Tabi will be a bride after the timeskip (how long is this timeskip?!). Hina posted a pic of her and Maryam on set with Maryam as a bride. Chalo, EmNa have to be present for Tabi's wedding so perhaps EmNa aren't done filming. But goodness if there were ever a show where I wish there wasn't a leap it's this one :(
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Tabs

Thank you for offering clarity on my post. That is exactly what I meant, which you have said all very clearly. I should have offer more explanation or worded better when writing that post. It is just my POV and anyone is free to disagree. I honestly didn't mean it in a bad way but for last the time I apologise if anyone is offended by my previous post. Thanks again Tabs 😳
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Another reason I'm sad about the time leap is that if it happens this week, that pretty much eliminates the chances of our MoNa baby :(. Also I think Umer naru is playing Asher for sure since he posted an ig pic captioned "playing the brother of the bride" and Maryam/Tabi will be a bride after the timeskip (how long is this timeskip?!). Hina posted a pic of her and Maryam on set with Maryam as a bride. Chalo, EmNa have to be present for Tabi's wedding so perhaps EmNa aren't done filming. But goodness if there were ever a show where I wish there wasn't a leap it's this one :(

I do think EmNa will be included after leap, afterall they and their story is the reason why most are watching so if they not there - the makers will definitely lose viewers. By the way if maker are reading this then want to say really hoping there will be a MoNa's baby or child included when the leap start

Usually I hate stories that have leap in it but will give it a watch. If the actor said he is playing the brother of the bride then it seem like a huge timeskip which is worrying πŸ˜•
_Tabs_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

Tabs

Thank you for offering clarity on my post. That is exactly what I meant, which you have said all very clearly. I should have offer more explanation or worded better when writing that post. It is just my POV and anyone is free to disagree. I honestly didn't mean it in a bad way but for last the time I apologise if anyone is offended by my previous post. Thanks again Tabs 😳

np😳

Word Count: 1

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

I don't think the person who said this was trying to offend or make general assumptions about anything, She was just offering her POV and her analysis.

" Emaad is married and Naveen is a single woman so there are restricted boundaries when looking at societal norms in Pakistan. Boundaries in society vary between countries"

Regarding just this quote above.

Usually whatever the societal norms are, they are inherently bred into kids and people. In case you forget, a lot of people on this forum are used to south asian culture. In society, if a married men or women and a single man or woman are "too friendly" people talk. It happens all over the world not just pakistan.

I mean just think about it.

If naveen and Emaad were super friendly and hugging or clicking pictures together, they'd be judged negatively because that is how society reacts. headlines would call it an affair or call it home-wrecking.

To answer the second part of your question, "I want to know how did you assume these restricted boundaries about single Naveen and married Emaad when looking at societal norms in Pakistan? Naveen and Emad Irfani did not seem friendly in a show, how from this it got to societal norms in Pakistan."

Naveen and Emaad not being friendly is not a direct correlation to societal norms in pakistan, I don't think that was a TM's way of looking at it.
If anything, it was a indirect point of view, saying they may not have been interacting so freely because those societal restrictions have been inherently within them.

because society says married and single people of opposite genders shouldn't interact, thus, personal restricted boundaries are born.

Maybe they are just reserved people or they are inherently or sub consciously aware of the repercussions that may arise if they seem over-friendly. But I'm sure that these 2 mature adults in the entertainment industry know that they have an image and if they cross certain lines, it could affect them negatively

First of all, it wasn't about being 'too friendly' i.e hugging unnecessarily, taking pictures together or appearing to be too close because it would be considered socially unacceptable everywhere. The post was not about that. It was a comment on Naveen and Emad appeared in a show and they did not seem friendly' so the assumption was made that in Pakistan things tend to be different. Please note the first line in this quote that I have put in bold and now tell me that it is not a sweeping generalized assumption about Pakistan. I think it is very obvious and can be easily seen.

"Actors and actresses do have an image to protect in the society and in Pakistan things tend to be look differently there. So some may ensure that they stay within the societal boundaries in Pakistan as a way to keep up with image and society. But not all actors and actresses do this. Having said that, some older generations will appreciate this if they do interact in a minimal way. Emaad is married and Naveen is a single woman so there are restricted boundaries when looking at societal norms in Pakistan . Boundaries in society vary between countries.

Secondly, I don't know how you see an indirect connection when there was a very obvious direct connection. The whole quote is a direct connection between Emad Naveen not being friendly = societal norms in Pakistan. I did not really see words like "I think this could be a reason" or "This might be a possibility" or something similar.

Beherhaal my point is that how was this assumption made. I was looking at hearing some examples of other Pakistani celebrities as a basis for this assumption - "in Pakistan things tend to be look differently there ". Because I want to differentiate between a skewed perception or paratoxic distortion' and 'an assumption based on the facts'. So if a person has been following Pakistani industry and they have found many other similar examples of Pakistani celebrities then this assumption has a concrete basis otherwise it is paratoxic distortion or as I said a sweeping generalized assumption based on skewed perception. Also, if they have not been able to find many such similar examples then this should not have been there first line of argument in explaining why Naveen and Emad did not appear friendly i.e. Emaad is married and Naveen is a single woman so there are restricted boundaries when looking at societal norms in Pakistan' because the claim does not substantiate.

PS. Once again do not mean to offend anyone. Just my two cents.

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Though i may be not the right person to comment on this but from whatever i have followed to pak stars off screen i think they r like stars from any other country some are good buddies offscreen some r reserved and it differs from person to person and not necessarily reflective of social norms! I love the bond sanam jung imran abbas share despite she being in a relationship and also how Noor Hassan & Sara Khan are gelling offscreen so I guess its pretty much individual dependent i guess πŸ€”
.nilu. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hi guys, new here. I just came to know about this drama yesterday and I binged watched the whole thingπŸ˜† Finished watching all 27 episodes in one day loll
Absolutely loving the drama, I can't believe I didn't watch this before 😲
Loving Ayina soo much. Her pain is soo big, but she is holding up so well. I hope she realises how strong she really is and come out of that shell and don't let anyone mistreat her ever.
Mohsin is falling for her, so amazing to see that. But he needs to learn to respect her and treat her well.

Imran ka kya hua? kahan gaya woh? Is he still married to Annie?

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: .nilu.

Hi guys, new here. I just came to know about this drama yesterday and I binged watched the whole thingπŸ˜† Finished watching all 27 episodes in one day loll

Absolutely loving the drama, I can't believe I didn't watch this before 😲
Loving Ayina soo much. Her pain is soo big, but she is holding up so well. I hope she realises how strong she really is and come out of that shell and don't let anyone mistreat her ever.
Mohsin is falling for her, so amazing to see that. But he needs to learn to respect her and treat her well.

Imran ka kya hua? kahan gaya woh? Is he still married to Annie?

Hey nilu welcome here

It feels so good to see new fans joining

Whoa u finished watching all 27 epis in one freaking day

Good Lord

U go gal

How did u get to know of this show in the first place

And how did u find this forum