Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Ehh...I think the idea behind it is good. But I watched the first few episodes and got annoyed that the actual issue of intersex wasn't addressed. Just alluded to. I think censorship laws of Pakistan make portraying a drama like this difficult, so I got frustrated with it. Also I don't know what it is but something about the way ARY dramas are filmed just doesn't appeal to me. I think it's the lighting they use.

I am the same here as there is something about ARY dramas set up that does put me off from watching, it could be the lighting or colouring so couldn't even bring myself to watch anything on that channel
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh thank god Charm I thought I was crazy that I couldn't watch an entire channel because of its coloring and lighting. Glad I'm not alone! Definitely prefer hum. Hum's worst productions still look better to me than ary's best production dramas.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Same Ash. They very rarely indicate the quality of the show. KnK is the perfect example (though its TRPs are still above average for its timeslot). Another example is Diyar e Dil and Sanam. I think most people can agree that DeD was much better than Sanam, but DeD's TRPs were the same or even below Sanam's for the majority of its episodes.

After working in journalism and media my entire life, there's one thing I can say with certainty: The TRPs are usually directly correlated with advertisements. About a year ago I was on holiday visiting my parents. They had Hum on round the clock. I can't remember if it was Alvida or another popular drama of Hum's at the time, but that one drama got all the advertisements (at least here in Hum Australia). Every single time there was a commercial, it was for Alvida or whatever that other drama was...possibly Ahista Ahista. Either way, unless you happened to catch a rare advertisement for a drama that wasn't Alvida/Ahista Ahista, you would never know there were other shows to watch. And then one night, Hum happened to be kept on while we all ate dinner and as we started eating, Mol (the drama with FQ and Navin) came on. My parents--who remember kept Hum on all the time except for dinner--were shocked that FQ had a drama on Hum and they had no idea about it. They had never seen a commercial for it. It was literally never mentioned on the channel except for when it aired. It wasn't even the first episode. It was like episode 15 or something. Just out of curiosity I checked the TRPs for Mol today, and as expected, they were in the 2's throughout the life of the drama, despite FQ being the lead.

And look, dramas like Sammi which had a press conference, a press conference for a drama, premiered with high TRPs.

I'm betting Hum blew most of its advertising budget on Mann Mayal this year. That drama's TRPs were frequently in the double digits, though most can agree that it was not deserving of those numbers. Still, I would fastforward through a Mann Mayal episode in about ten minutes even with its A-list cast, the music videos of the OST, the singer of the OST, its unique sets...but here with KnK with its single house that's featured in a bunch of other dramas, the not-as-well-known cast, its budget which is obviously less than a quarter what MM got, well I'll watch its episodes without skipping a second and I'll rewatch those same episodes all week until the next ones air. You know quality when you see it, TRPs and advertisements be damned.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
You are right and this is the reason why I have been mentioning it again and again that this show didn't get enough promotions it deserved. Some people would say k this show started to be good post Mohsin-Ayna's story built-up but for me, since I have watched the show as a whole, it has been a great show throughout the episodes and deserves applause.

Dramas that contain 'public favorites', get promotions since day 1 of their shooting .. tabhi toh it becomes talk of the town even before it is aired. Aise hi hota rehta hai 😆
Edited by -RisingAsh- - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Yeah I didn't know KnK was going to be a drama until like 5 days before it aired LOL it had such few advertisements.
Meanwhile, you're so right. I'll use Sammi as an example because it's brand new: I knew the second Mawra signed onto Sammi, I knew when she was filming because the behind the scenes footage was plastered everywhere, I mean the drama got a press conference! It's almost laughable.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Sammi is the best example for this phase of dramas. I have not seen this kind of advertisement ever. Like, show acha ho ya bura, it got enough promotion to collect viewers and hence gather the so-called TRPs. Nothing against the show neither do I care about much popular this show or other shows currently having same kind of advertisement are, but I do care for other shows that get neglected despite of being so well-written and well-presented. Again it is solely my opinion..

Mere sath hamesha ek bat hoti hai that I always like underrated shows.. jo overrated ya bht popular hote hain main un se door bhagti hun 😆
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Someone told me that Naveen had a lip job. I don't find any difference between her now et then :S
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Someone told me that Naveen had a lip job. I don't find any difference between her now et then :S

She doesn't look any different to me. But also I don't consider getting lip injections plastic surgery since they're temporary so even if she or any actress did I wouldn't judge them.
SweetAngels96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hey guys! So I uploaded two VMs of Mohsin and Ayna on my YouTube channel. Just click on the link below and then from there you can check my channel out and watch the other one as well. Also if any of you have a YouTube account then please like, comment, and subscribe. Also subscribe to my second channel (link is in the description of the video) as my main channel might get terminated soon. Okay I hope you guys like it!

Mohsin and Ayna
Edited by SweetAngels96 - 7 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
SweetAngel what a lovely surprise! It's a beautiful video of MoNa, just loved it! Many thanks for making these videos. Unfortunately I don't have a YouTube account otherwise I would have like and subscribe it too. Thanks again 🤗
Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago