Btw I m not that pissed off on Mohsin

I m glad they r keeping his main character in tact
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: pressu

Precap 😲 😕
Why Mohsin behaves like that? 😡

Thats Mohsin for you and there is no why to him!
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Starting this today..

Faariii ! 🥳

Word Count: 1

Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Alright everybody...I was up all night working on an article (and of course, taking a break to watch this drama) and must get to sleep now but I still wanted to write a review while the thoughts were still fresh in my head. I apologize to anyone who hasn't seen the new episode yet. *SPOILERS AHEAD*
Firstly, yesterday's episode was just very slightly filler-y to me, so I went into this episode with lowered expectations (note: VERY slightly lowered; yesterday's episode was still 1000000x better than anything else on air in my opinion). The first ten minutes of today's episode, however, totally raised my expectations and they stayed there!

THIS is how you write continuity. Today's episode started with the perfect character development for Mohsin. He was finally able to touch her (in any other drama, the husband aching to touch his wife would be either a) creepy or b) expected, but this drama is a whole another story LOL). He was finally able to accept that yes, his feelings for her are changing. And he finally acknowledged her as his wife, "Mehri Aina". My heart grew 3x in size upon hearing that!

And ok let's talk about that first flashback, please? Only with EmNa can the scene have to do with Mohsin talking about his and Nadia's HONEYMOON for God's sake but the scene still be all about the electrifying chemistry between Emmad and Naveen. Seriously it felt like sparks were flying off my screen seeing those two bicker, and Mohsin's hidden smiles at hearing her talk about him--I had palpitations!!! Uff Allah...the drama powers that be have struck gold with these two!

Really gotta give Emmad Irfani a shoutout, especially for that making breakfast scene. Turning around, giving that smile while saying that chai and biscuits make an adequate breakfast, too...Dude, where has this guy been? I remember seeing him in a play with Maya Ali a couple years back but don't remember him in too many other projects aside from whatever is on now (Sanam, SEDBN). But his acting skills leave me shocked at how naturally he does things.

And due credit belongs to Navin, as well. Her chemistry with Emmad helps, but that scene where she turns around while leaving the kitchen and looks at Mohsin with worry...what facial expressions! I cannot imagine any actress pulling off what she does.

I wish we saw MoNa at lunch but oh well. There's only so much a budget and a 40-min episode can allow for. I'm just happy Mohsin finally had enough sense to take her out.

As most of us guessed, Aina immediately bonded with the twins. Not surprisingly, she has an especially soft spot for Asher. That scene where she saw him lying on the bed and immediately embraced him as her child and one that would never leave her got me emotional. I love how these writers are writing a story and not just stand alone episodes, if you know what I mean.

Sajjal is just...ugh. I cannot believe she had the audacity to say to Aina that line about how now Aina can't steal Maaz away. Bug off, Sajjal.

Mohsin doesn't want more children, and to be fair, three is quite a lot and he has a point that Aina may gravitate towards her own biological as opposed to the other 3. However, his line at the end that he may reconsider in the future got me excited. Give us a MoNa baby!!!

👏 Applause for Aina for telling Mohsin off about that "they aren't your kids" line. I would've responded EXACTLY how Aina did, but I would've given his kid straight back to him. Also would like to point out that Nadia was never able to scream her way into getting Mohsin to relent to her, but Aina yelled enough sense into him that he agreed to a maid. Yass, girl, show him who's boss.

I feel like we all internally screamed HALLELUJAH when Mohsin put down Nadia's photo. As much as I appreciated Mohsin grieving for Nadia, she has interrupted enough MoNa moments!

And here's where I don't know how to feel about Mohsin...on one hand, the writers have always written him as this stubborn man who does not know how to compromise. They are writing him in-character. But I do think it's time SOME of the character development start becoming more permanent. Just earlier this episode he acknowledged that his wife needs emotional support and he needs to be more present for her, yet we still have him getting angry at things like not getting breakfast and having to eat dinner made by the maid. As I said, he has never been written as one to compromise or accept change, so this is all very Mohsin-like, and he's getting mad at new things not the same old same old but come on...It was like watching two different characters the first ten minutes and the last ten minutes.

PreCap: the editors know how to promote this show. The PreCap always appears one way but ends up being something else, but I am curious as to what causes Aina to scream so passionately, "Yeh mehra ghar hai!!!". And again, more yelling from Mohsin.🤢

The title song and promos showed Aina entering her mother's house when it was all painted over. I think Aina and Mohsin will get into a huge fight (looks like next episode) and she'll go there. I always thought that the big fight that would happen between MoNa would be the Maaz situation, but it doesn't seem to be reason from the precap.

I guess the real reason I'm annoyed with Mohsin's lack of permanent character development is that just going off of when BTS pics are posted and when the episodes air, I think the timeskip is coming very quickly. I would be really shocked if we didn't get the skip in the next 2-3 episodes, and I want to see more romantic MoNa and not more fighting between the two before the skip. I feel like Pakistani drama couples never ever get enough time before the drama ends or a skip happens. We'll see what the writers have in mind.

Still a brilliant episode. 9/10 for me.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Woah ! This show never fails to amaze me. This is what you call having a link between episodes. Emmad and Navin.. Goshhh they look fantabulous together. ALLAH ! I LOVE THESE TWO ! I won't be able to see anyone else with these two as a couple.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Oh man, thanks Fobby cor givving such a detailed review itni jaldi.. Actually I have just watched the episode and immediately after that I came here and read this review.. hayee maza aagaya..

And HAAALELUJAH pe I second you. LMAO ! I actually screamed internally when he put Nadia's photo down. Actually I liked how the linked those scenes.. just before that scene Ayna felt insecure when Mohsin was talking about Nadia and her kids and stuff.. and she looked at Nadia's pic. And just after that this scene came.. I liked it.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I binge watched the last 5-6 episodes yesterday and the only think I could think of was damn. the character development in this is show is phenomenal
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
I like the way this show is going. They are showing every possible thing that can happen in a marriage of convenience.
Aj I super loved Mohsin's 'Meri Ayna'. I was so touched by this bit.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Starting this today..

Omggg

Plz plz start asap

And plz write small reviews of the prev epis as u watch

I want to relive those moments again
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Mohsin's monologue was so good in the beginning was heart touching.
' ab pata chala Khala ki jaan tum ne kyun atki thi '

' tum toh wohi Ayna ho, meri Ayna '

These two were ❤️