Posted: 7 years ago
@AWIDA...lol I m not watching the other shows of emaad now
I said I will watch them after knk ends n before new show of emaad starts lol
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
@RD
yes
He was sooo cool in ranjish ...i loved how he was shown as a gentle young talented guy from the media and I liked his scenes with both Maya n sana

That umbrella scene was sooo beautiful eeekkksss

I m so glad u remember

And in SHIKWA he was so classy...it was a small role but very nice

I guess he was in janam jjali as well...a hum show with that model gal...who was also in tum mere paas raho with zahid

Yes I remember...amna ilyas...god I don't like her at all n the show is so violent geez
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
@fobby sho...the MONA scenes we did get for 2 to 3 epis r also beyond my expectations
Coz pak dramas never invest on couple relation development scenes but here we got 3 good epis of MONA scenes only which was unbelievable
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

@fobby sho...the MONA scenes we did get for 2 to 3 epis r also beyond my expectations

Coz pak dramas never invest on couple relation development scenes but here we got 3 good epis of MONA scenes only which was unbelievable

Good point, Abby. I was literally just thinking about this when I saw your comment. If I have one problem with MoNa pre-leap, it's the lack of continuity of character development (note: NOT character development, which the writers attempted very well with, as you said, multiple episodes of this couple interacting and growing with each other). However, I said this before and I'll say it again, despite these amazing MoNa scenes we got, we also frequently had Mohsin reverting to his old-self and acting like the development he had in one scene didn't happen by the time the next scene came. He had multiple conversations with himself on why he keeps yelling at Aina when he doesn't mean to. While all these scenes were executed very well--I mean, I still LOVE the Two Mohsins scene--we didn't need that many because 1 or 2 should've sufficed. We shouldn't have had to watch Mohsin start fights with Aina every episode, even 28, over the tiniest things.

You can see the same problem with continuity of development post-leap. I know we've dissected epi 29 to bits and pieces to try and salvage the good parts, but after all those episodes of development, we shouldn't have to look this hard for a silver lining.

Nevertheless, I will still praise the writers for giving us so much development even if they didn't follow through on it. It is far more than any other show I've seen, and they took their time with it. The story arc of Mohsin being the control freak who forced Aina to take off her makeup in the car to the man who was willing to get down on his knees and beg Aina for forgiveness is quite beautiful, realistic and developed gradually before our eyes, even if not followed up in the way we had hoped it was.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
LOL I'm re-reading my posts from today alone and I sound so bipolar, switching from "Have faith you guys!" to "Ok, let me tell you my problems with the show...".

I guess I just don't want people to be disappointed again like they were with 29, but at the same time, it also helps to not delude yourself into thinking a drama cannot have flaws. My job used to be to review huge TV shows and movies that had budgets of like $10 million USD per episode (like Game of Thrones), and despite how universally-loved shows like GoT are, even those shows have writing flaws.

Despite all the negatives of this show I mentioned, its writing and execution are far, far, far better than any other Pakistani show I've seen recently. I can't even think of a drama that I've seen that comes close.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
^^ LMAO Fobby on the bipolar bit I guess we all have been swaying from one side to the other like a pendulum pretty much 😆
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Fobby,

You don't have to justify yourself for having a mixed feeling and attitude toward this show. I feel very much the same in this matter. So can understand this. As audience, we are fully aware that we have been spoiled in KNK in terms of its storyline, level of details and character development. The show offered more than we had intially expected from Pakistani and Indian dramas. It certainly raised the standards very high for other shows. In addition while we do appreciate this, we still can't help but want the makers of this show to continue delivering each ep in similar quality and standards as they have done in the previous episodes. I think this is real and hard challenge to accomplish. Though I do understand it may not be possible for KNK makers to do this in all of the episodes but would like to see the same good quality in most of the episodes. This is yet to be seen.

Having said that, I do understand what you are saying - you want us to prepare...this I do acknowledge thus reserve low expectations for forthcoming episodes but is hoping that the makers will surprise us in what they might have in store for KNK and MoNa characters. In order to establish this - we will have to watch couple of more post leap episodes to get a clear picture/idea of what the makers and writers are intending to do. One or two post leap eps won't give us all the information. At the moment, the audience, will have to keep an open mind and be patient which hopefully it will be worth it.
_Sapphire_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

^^ LMAO Fobby on the bipolar bit I guess we all have been swaying from one side to the other like a pendulum pretty much 😆

Agreed RD 😆
_Sapphire_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

The end of the road is MoNa how we get there is the fun exciting and scary bit 😆

Think it more scary than exciting at the moment 😆
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail

Originally posted by: CharmGal

Fobby,

You don't have to justify yourself for having a mixed feeling and attitude toward this show. I feel very much the same in this matter. So can understand this. As audience, we are fully aware that we have been spoiled in KNK in terms of its storyline, level of details and character development. The show offered more than we had intially expected from Pakistani and Indian dramas. It certainly raised the standards very high for other shows. In addition while we do appreciate this, we still can't help but want the makers of this show to continue delivering each ep in similar quality and standards as they have done in the previous episodes. I think this is real and hard challenge to accomplish. Though I do understand it may not be possible for KNK makers to do this in all of the episodes but would like to see the same good quality in most of the episodes. This is yet to be seen.

Loved your post Charm!❤️

But wondering about the bolded part. Did you mean that the same level of quality is yet to be seen after the leap or in general throughout the series? I actually think the series's quality remained really consistent...Even the "filler" episodes (if you can even call them that since they all had some type of major plot/character development) were done really well. If you're saying that the quality of the show hasn't been the same since after the leap...well...you know my feelings about that