Ego vs. traditional attitude

sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
hi friends how's everyone doing?
Twinkle, your words have encouraged me to come back here to make this posts.

Sorry i dint come up with a post on Friday since I couldn't find any point to make.

One significant aspect shown today was mausi mausa's attitude.. Especially towards pooja.

In this post, i will try to analyze their attitude and behavior. People like them are still found in our society. If not handled well, they can ruin many happy occasions for us, like we have seen so far in the show.

Okay.. so we start with the fact that their own son and DIL do not respect them or treat them well. Taken alone, that fact makes one feel bad for the elderly couple. It really hurts a that old age not to be respected and taken care of in their own home by their own children.

But club the above fact with their behavior and attitude at Mittals place and you see a totally see a different picture. Everyone there has given them more than their due share of respect. For chandra and viren they have that coveted place of their parents, in every sense - esp. since the siblings lost their parents at a v. early age.

But with a coveted place, come special duties as well as rights. As far as rights are concerned, we have seen just what place they are being given. Poor Vaibhav who was running around preparing for haldi immediately heeded to their requests (nay, orders) to recharge their phone balance and that too happily.. look at the importance they get in the family. And this is the main reason they are thinking (nay, have decided) to move in permanently with the mittals.. of course, Mittals' lifestyle and shaano-shauqat is a v. close second reason.

Now comes duty. They have come for a happy occasion. So, whats their duty? To increase their happiness and ensure everything goes smoothly, In fact, since they hold that coveted place of Sanchi's grandparents, they should even take up some responsibilities.

Instead, what they are doing? Taunting everyone and serving their own petty interests (esp mausi is more interested in eating (i know that may be partially for comic relief but the inherent satire cannot be missed)?

Why they (esp. mausi) are always targetting Pooja? They belong to the era when the boy and the gal saw each other only after marriage. So, they dont understand this funda of a would-be DIL coming again and again. They have some inbuilt resistance to everything that sounds modern - and this one sentence sums everything they have against pooja.. some issues they voice openly some they don't.

Acc. to the prevalent traditions in their days (i wont say acc. to our culture, since the original ideals of our cultures have totally tampered with and twisted by now):

- DILS are meant to be insulted and taunted constantly and shown their 'place', or they will be dominate everyone.

- A man is supposed to be on their birth family's side always and never take his wife's side, or he will be termed as Joru ka gulam.

- DILs are supposed to be submissive and never have a say in any family matter, while doing the lion's share of work.

Now pooja is treated just like the daughter of the house, like sanchi and tanu.. so that irks them a lot..

what do they (or other such people in our family/society) hope to gain by their behavior? is it just their traditional attitude, ego or a planned step that by creating rifts they can serve their own selfish purpose.

REALLY WANT UR OPINIONS..
Edited by sshirley - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautiful... thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good analysis dear
-Arishi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For mussa and massi ji I ll say only one thing that they are sick people 😡
How can someone be so manipulative and money minded😕

twinkle10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Res - I haven't been on forum for more than a week, but you wrote for me, and so I'm so content right now. Will write a few things once I catch up with the episodes. .

Love 🤗
sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thank u everyone for your responses..
Twinkle, will await ur reply..

todays epi has given me something towrite but since its related to mausa mausi only.. should i write in this thread only or in new thread?

teri_Sanem thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Great analysis dear
I don't watch this show on a regular basis, but it holds my attention whenever its on TV. Nitish Pandey is a really good actor.
looking forward to your posts
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Mausi and Mausaji plus the Buaji (the divorced sister) I find all 3 annoying. All 3 characters are for mirch masala in other words balance in the show.