Om puri insulted Indian army on national television, supports Pakistan

576281 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
No...He isn't supporting Pakistan, but the terrorists...Because the Indian Army's war is against the terrorists and NOT Pakistan...Please don't mix them up!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
He meant that there should be no war which is good.
Sugar9.00 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
don't think he is insulting anyone yes some words came out wrong but those 2-3 persons in the video just forcing their POV on him.. Om puri is clearly saying that his own family member was in fauj and usse unn pe garv hai..
He just wants peace on both sides as he is saying he doesn't want India and Pakistan more miserable in future.. He is seeing a bigger picture.. there is nothing wrong in supporting artists or whoever wants to work with pakistani artists.. Yes people on borders had saved me fr years my own grandpa was there.. but why people look down upon artists.. Why one can't choose artists over our jawans?? I don't get it? Y are artists being called a khatmal in front of soldiers??
if soldiers are responsible for the breaths that I took while living in India than artists from both sides their collaboration also brought life to those breaths..
for some people artists can be more influential than anything that doesn't mean they r insulting our soldiers.
and if people think he doesn't make sense or insulting martyr than the same people are insulting him and his wanting fr peace in both nations also.. I think everyone wants peace.. their thoughts on how peace would come maybe different. it's better to focus on our own ideology whatever one believes in and stop insulting others who think differently...

I haven't seen any comment here in support of artists who want to work together not even from my favorite members.. I feel like I m the only one khatmal here.. should just sign out and ignore this forum fr a while :/
1011128 thumbnail

Another sensible Indian

On his return to India after a successful tour to Pakistan, veteran Bollywood actor Naseeruddin Shah expressed regret at the animosity towards Pakistan prevalent in his home country.

Naseeruddin Shah was in Pakistan in February to promote his book And then one day: A Memoir. He also graced the Lahore Literary Festival and conducted a theater workshop at the Karachi Arts Council to a packed audience.

In an interview to entertainment website Bollywood Hungama, Shah said, "It is tragic that often-times performers from Pakistan are prevented from performing in this country. Recently, there was a very disturbing instance of a Pakistani artiste's work being destroyed in Ahmedabad. But they welcome us in Pakistan with open arms."

He stressed the need to keep political differences between the two countries aside. "I keep going to Pakistan because I feel it is very important to have a person-to-person contact. We can't afford to be swayed by all the political rhetoric. Politicians will change colours whenever it suits them. Indians are being brainwashed into believing Pakistan to be the enemy country without being aware of the historical background."

He further added that Indians need to look beyond the political animosity. "I'd make a very strong appeal for that. And this has nothing whatsoever to with my being Muslim. What can we possibly gain from this form of ragging that we practice against Pakistan? It is a bully's way of asserting himself. They are next door neighbors."

Mentioning the love and regard for Indians in Pakistan, the actor said, "The tragedy of the political divide between the two countries is symbolical. It should go. That would never happen until we travel to Pakistan more often and interact with the local people. There is a great deal of curiosity and admiration in Pakistan for what India has achieved."

He added, "They love me unconditionally in Pakistan. They are nuts about our stars like Salman and Shah Rukh. But I also sense a reverent affection in Pakistan for actors like me, Om Puri and Farooq Sheikh. I feel very special in Pakistan."

Edited by hippopotamus - 8 years ago
1011128 thumbnail
Basically he was talking about peace and all while the host (if u can call him that) bombarded him with questions..in haste he said something like who asked him to go to border (soldier i.e.) which came out as offensive of course. he realized his mistake and praised army and all. Basically a case of a non political person unable to explain his point.

As soon as he made mistake vultures attacked him. The goon on the upper right who looked like a ghunda from MSN started shouting and seized opportunity

Puri ended with saying well go ahead and form a team with bombs and do suicide attack on border

I think this is just a case of having a emotion but not words to back his emotions

Problem is vultures do not leave u room for even 1 mistake

Edited by hippopotamus - 8 years ago
427050 thumbnail
people like karan johar and salman khan are no real artists man...and yes soldiers are more respectable than the bollywood people.
naseeruddin shah is being pretty biased too...he is saying 'they always welcome us(indian artists) with open arms'...somebody tell him about anupam kher(aren't there other examples too?)...and it isn't as if we have never welcomed them(pakistani artists)...but right now the situation is different...and that mahira khan who shared such an ignorant post shouldn't be welcomed at all...isse accha toh chup hi rehti

seems like only those people who are biased and who keep silence after all the abusing are 'sensible' for you hippo ji
Edited by JaiJaiIraniMata - 8 years ago
1011128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JaiJaiIraniMata

people like karan johar and salman khan are no real artists man...and yes soldiers are more respectable than the bollywood people.

naseeruddin shah is being pretty biased too...he is saying 'they always welcome us(indian artists) with open arms'...somebody tell him about anupam kher(aren't there other examples too?)...and it isn't as if we have never welcomed them...but right now the situation is different...and that mahira khan who shared such an ignorant post shouldn't be welcomed at all...isse accha toh chup hi rehti

seems like only those people who are biased and who keep silence after all the abusing are 'sensible' for you hippo ji

He talked about bigger picture. For example I agree with Shah's point that politicans will once again lower the temperature and move on.

Today there is news that Ajit Dogal - the great spymaster called Pakisatni counterpart and asked to lower tensions

So in that context shah's comments are spot on
427050 thumbnail
oh mr.shah isn't only being biased..he also goes on to say that india is bullying pakistan...waah👏
don't even know what to say...just wondering why exactly he feels india has been bullying pakistan
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Sanguinesal

One needs to be wary of opportune hyenas who waste no time in reveling when they see a man embarrassing his fellow countrymen!

😆

Word Count: 0

Shah67 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
👏👏 Very nice Om Puri and Naseer Sir. At least you know which side of your bread is buttered and are supporting the country that gives you work, talking against your own country.
Can you please teach your pakistani "artiste" brigade too? Maybe they can also open their mouths and speak something in favor of the country in which they come to work? I have not heard a single one of them say anything.

That is the problem with all this peace and artistic exchange BS. The exchange helps only pakistan since Indian artists freely talk in favor of them against their own country but the pakistani artists? 😆😆 Except for the vitriol coming out of Hamza, which most pakistanis seem to relish with a vengeance everyone else is verrry busy.

Lost all respect for these guys.