||Happy Birthday Mouni Roy||

foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Some people make our lives brighter just by virtue of their presence in it, no matter how ephemeral. As fans of an actor, we are all familiar with this - few of us have a personal relationship with the actor, yet, we rejoice in their successes, are as affected by their sorrows as they are and want only the best for them. And when it comes to celebrating them, what better day than the one that gave us reason to have this special person in our lives?

On the 28th of September, a girl was born . The first girl in the extended family in 15 years, she was brought up as the cherished darling of all. True to her Bengali roots, she excelled at her studies and many forms of art: music, dance, painting,pottery and puppetry. From the sheltered environs of a small town where she knew everyone, she bravely moved to a big City - Delhi - to pursue her interest in the humanities, in college. Life, however, had other plans for her, and a lighthearted audition, given to while away a boring evening, changed the course of her life. She moved to another city,and entered a new, difficult industry. The beautiful girl matured into a gorgeous, confident, talented woman, who, has made her mark in a notoriously fickle industry as an excellent actor, dancer and host.

Today, we celebrate her: Mouni Roy! To her fans she is no less than the embodiment of all that is ideal in an actor - her skill in portraying characters on screen, her talent at dance and her sense of style and fashion. But above all that - her sweet nature. From the friends she has and the way they rally around her in her times of need, to her interactions with fans on social media like twitter and instagram, her wishes for fans on their birthdays : she never fails to bring joy. Her enthusiasm for continued learning (her wish to learn Ballet being the latest one), her comments on books she reads(an avid reader with eclectic taste, she has an enviable book collection), shows and movies she watches - all contribute to rightfully make her a crowd favorite.

We all wish your birthday is filled with a sunshine of joys, rainbow of smiles and rainfalls of laughter. We also pray that for every extra candle on your cake, you receive an extra reason to smile. May your year be filled with wonderful friendships.
May there never come a day when you find yourself lonely and blue.
May this year be the best one yet!

Happiest of Birthdays to you, dear Mouni, and from those of us, older than you, Blessings for all you hope to achieve .

Here's wishing our princess a VERY VERY happy birthday!

Edited by foram. - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

foram. thumbnail

She belongs to a family with Indian art and culture. Mouni was blessed with natural acting abilities along with other skills like dancing, singing, sketching etc. She had also participated in such events when she was in school. Her paternal grandfather Shekhar Chandra Roy was an infamous theater artist at that time. Along with Kathak, she is also trained in other forms of dancing too. She initiated her career as a choreographer when was studying in her college. Other than all stated talents, she loves the art of pottery too. She can make Muppets with mastery in Japanese puppetary called Bunraku. As far as her education is concerned, she holdsM.A in Mass Communication Jamiya Milia Islamia University and completed her undergraduate course work at Miranda House to receive a Bachelors degree in English Honors.

Mouni has acted in many serials that gave her fame and appreciation. She has acted in serials like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Krishna Tulsi with pulkit samrat, Kasturi as Shivani with Jatin shah, Dance pe chance reality show tolly vs bolly, Tyohaar Dhamaaka (9x Channel) as a contestant. Mouni has played the character of Sati in Devon Ke Dev - Mahadev on Life ok channel. Show represented the story of Lord Shiva, the most powerful God in Hindu culture. She played the protagonist as Sati along with the actor Mohit Raina in Devo ke Dev Mahadev for which she has received many accolades from her peers as well as a big fan following. After her role ended as Sati, Mouni went on to play the role of Meera as a protagonist along with the actor Aditya Redij in the show Junoon Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq. It was challenging for her to play the role as Meera.

In the last year, Mouni has had a great deal of professional success. She started shooting for Ekta Kapoor's new serial, Naagin, right after her birthday last year. And What a serial that turned out to be! When I heard that Mouni had accepted a lead role in a serial I was happy that she would be seen regularly on screen again.The news that the show was about Naagins was interesting: I have often felt that with India's rich tradition of myth, we can have so many excellent fantasy shows rather than importing stories like TVD.
I'm happy to say the show lived up to all my hopes for it.
Naagin has been a game changer in many ways - Fantasy and supernatural tales are always popular in India but never before has the Naagin story received such a reception!

From the beginning, Mouni captured public imagination and hearts with her portrayal of Shivanya, the orphaned heroine, who marries the son of the villains. While the story had the usual dramatic twists and turns now normalized
on Indian TV, Mouni's appeal never faltered. TRPs for the show set new standards for a weekend show and made Mouni the IT woman of the TV industry! Mouni did full justice to the role, playing innocent young woman, unwilling bride
who falls in love despite herself, angry naagin out for revenge, anguished wife and finally, the powerful Goddess who does away with evildoers and restores order.

Mouni is fortunate in sharing excellent chemistry with most of actors cast opposite her - Arjun Bijlani in Naagin was no exception. Their pair set the screens on fire in the show, and "Rivanya" is still talked about fondly, almost 6 months after the show ended!

Mouni as an actor, elevates often overwrought story lines with her excellently emotive acting. She depicts the right amount of joy, pathos, sorrow, anger or whatever else the scene requires, and makes us believe in the character no matter how unreal the plot! Blessed with most expressive eyes, she uses them to great advantage in her acting!

foram. thumbnail

While acting is the first skill on her resume, Mouni's first and enduring love is dance. She is a classically trained in Kathak but is skilled in many other forms of dance, and is always looking to more forms to her repertoire with Ballet as her latest attempt. She won the Best Dancer of the Series on Zara Nachke Dikha.Mouni Roy also featured in Just Dance with a contestant surjit sir and Hrithik Roshan. Almost every award show or function on TV has Mouni dancing, Some standout performances include Just Dance, Big Star Entertainment Awards, the recent Boroplus Gold Awards and too many more to list! No description of Mouni's dance skills will be complete without a mention of many fans' favorite, including mine: Sati's dance in DKDM. That dance, in which she danced to express her love for Shiva, and compelled the supreme yogi to join her in a divine pas dedeux, epitomizes her grace and mastery.

She was also a tough competitor in Jhalak Dhikla Jaa - Season 7. She was paired up with the famous choreographer Punit J Pathak. Mouni and Punit (also called as Mounit by their fans) were known for their unique concept and flawless dancing. She was one of the top four finalists of Jhalak. The proud owner of the immunity ball of the season was an experience to watch.

Mouni continued with her dancing - she performed for several award shows for both TV and Bollywood, over the year, dancing to all the popular tracks. In a first, she was the only actor from TV to perform on stage at the IIFA in Spain. She also performed for the Screen awards.

She is always favoured to perform on most of the Television Awards functions. Also with her melodious voice she had mesmerized all of us when she sang Galliyan on India's Got Talent. She has also walked on the Lakme Fashion Week. Apart from her fans, she is the fashion icon of most of the celebrities! She is praised for her dressing style and her persona.

Mouni had also done many cameo and episodic roles in several television shows such as Kasturi, Kaho Na Yaar Hai, Kya Dil Mein Hai, Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchano, Shhh.. Phil Koi Hai etc between 2006- 2009. Apart from serials she has also acted in a film named "Hero Hitler In Love". Mouni played the character of "Sahiban" with Babbu Maan.
In addition, she also anchored in Comedy Circus 3 ka Tadka, Humsafar and Telly Talk. Mouni was nominated more than 6 times for several categories in television between 2007-2012.

Not content to rest on her laurels with Naagin last year, Mouni became co-host of So you Think you can dance, India - the show's first venture in India. Given Mouni's popularity, and her links As a TV Host, she was relaxed and friendly before the cameras, with the ability to keep the conversation going with whoever she is talking to and made interactions with the contestants interesting and fun to watch. Mouni also got to meet and interact a few times with her favorite Actor - Madhuri Dixit - on the show.

There have also been many modelling assignments this past year, for clothing, an airline and so on.
The commercial successes of the year were backed up with awards as well. Mouni won the Hindustan Times Most Stylish TV Personality (Female) Award, Best Personality Award at the Golden Petal Awards where Naagin also won Best Show, and to top it all off, Best Actress at the Zee Gold Awards.

The year has ended on a happy note for Mouni - Naagin, which was scheduled to return with season 2 later this year has started earlier. Mouni plays a double role in this version of Naagin - that of mother and daughter. We look forward eagerly to seeing her on our screens again!

As if all this were not enough, Mouni has more skills up her sleeve! She's a very decent artist, as evidenced by the pictures of her paintings that she posts on Instagram. She sings very well too - not at a professional level, obviously, but she has a beautiful voice and good musical knowledge. And to top it off, this very talented woman is also a voracious reader! She often posts on social media about books she's reading and solicits recommendations! Where she finds the time, we don't know, the day still has only 24 hours, last time we checked!

With all these accomplishments, and the pressures that are common to any celebrity, she would be forgiven for being aloof, but Mouni is nothing of the sort. Her sweet nature is legendary - she's a classic "giver", generous with friends and fans. Free of the territoriality that plagues many celebrities, she is open about her admiration for others' skills and is a friend to manywho might be rivals in another context! (Witness her open campaigning for another contestant on the recent reality show)She is friendly and open with us fans (who can be rather terrifying!) interacting on social media as time permits.
foram. thumbnail
Priyanshi

Because today's so special
it really wouldn't do,
to send one simple birthday wish
to last the whole year through...
So this wishes happy moments,
a day when dreams come true,
and a year that's filled with all the things
that mean the most to you.
Hope all that you do
Turns out happy for you
And all that you wish
Comes your way,
So each hour will bring
Every wonderful thing
You could ask of a wonderful day
May your birthday bring
You as much happiness
As you give to everyone !!

Happpyyy Birthdayyy Mouniii!
Here's wishing you have the perfect birthday and the most amazing year ahead. I hope all your dreams come true and God blesses you with lots and lots and lots of love, happiness, good health & success!
To be honest, I find it really difficult to put my wishes for you into words because I seriously wish you all the beautiful things in the world and pray & hope, more than words can express, that you get EVERYTHING beautiful and worth having.
Being your fan is something I'll forever be proud of.! You deserve the best of the best offers and I hope you will get them more and more! I love your ambitious go-getter attitude to life. and I think it rubs off on us fans too, making us believe that one should always dream, keep trying to be a better person! Love youuu the mosstesst my Princess!
Thank you for simply being so Aweeesome and for making us love you more and more each day! I hope your birthday is as PERFECT as you! Keep smiling because its most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

Loads and loads of love,
You biggest craziest fan,
Priyanshi :)

Ria

Hey Mouni!
Happiest birthday to youuu!!!! Xxx :* :* :*
May God blees you on this very special day and I hope all your wishes come true...and that you get all the happiness in the world. ..because u deserve it.. I wish you all the best for your life and for every single thing you do..
You are a very special person to all of your fans. We absolutely adore you and love you. We will always love you and are all always with you!
Only if you could see our expressions after your dance performances! Words are too less to describe. Using any word like 'mesmerizing' too would be an understatement, yeah. You are AHMAZINGGG. And when you dance, you seem so lost in it that you don't realise what's happening around you. That's the best thing about all your dances. And also your ability to convey emotions through dances. :')
And do I need to say anything about you in DKDM? I guess you already know how much we all love you as Sati ;) You and Mohit created magic on screen. I so miss that... watching old episodes of DKDM is the only way to feel that magic of Shiv Sati again. That magic. .that feeling I get in my heart of some emotion wanting to explode...that's only a part of what I feel when I watch Shiv and Sati *_* These 2 characters, and the people playing these characters, i.e. Mohit and you, have truly influenced my life and I hold you people with high esteem. The kind of person I am right now, is partly due to Mohit and you. You may not now it, you guys have influenced many of your fans (in a good way!) :)
In the end, I just wanna wish you a very Happy Birthday again and enjoy your day Mouni! :D
-Ria

Happy Happy Birthday Mouni!
God Bless You!
Love You!
🤗

-foram sukhi divya ratna hemakini

Paya_RiVanya

Happy Birthday, my angel Mouna!

Shine brightly just like a star, As you are my star. May you be happy forever. Happy Birthday!

May your special day...Surrounded with happiness, Filled with laughter,
Wrapped with pleasure, Brightened with fun, Blessed with love,
Remembered with joy,...and enriched with hopes.
May your birthday bring each special thing that you have waited 4
& everyday ahead holds lots of happiness in store..

May you have a delicious and partylicious birthday!

Lots of love Mouna.:)

SadhanaMomo

Happy Birthday Dearest Mouni
You shine so magnificently that you make the moon jealous of your beauty. May you glow even brighter in the succeeding episodes of your life.
You have left nothing but prints of love in people's hearts. That's why you are deeply loved by everyone! Such a beautiful girl deserves nothing but brightness and happiness along the way. Happy birthday!

Hope this birthday
Touches you like a song with sweetness
Colours you like a rainbow and
Twinkle like a star
That makes your favourite
Wishes come true!
*Hope your birthday is filled with love & warmth & happiness!...
*Hope your birthday is as special as you are!
*Hope your birthday is filled with special surprises!
*May your year bring good wishes & happiness!
*Here's hoping your Birthday is really joyous in every way,
and a day filled with love,laughter and fun,
for you to cherish in the days to come
*You are always thought of in a very special way,
And u r wished the finest things in life
Today and every day !
*And sweetheart Birthday is the perfect time
to remind you what a wonderful person you are
and to wish you all life's best now & always!

foram. thumbnail
Creations by fans
From Ria

foram

Priyanshi

sadhana

paya_rivanya

foram. thumbnail
Creations by fans
All the avis used in the thread : Credit goes to the respectful makers. THANK YOU SO MUCH! =)

--Vicky-- Dkdm

Junoon

Naagin

Image result for naagin gif

foram. thumbnail

Write Ups- Maith (twitter)
First Post Banner- -Sevenstreaks-
Second Banner- Vicky
Third Banner- -sevenstreaks-
Divider- Ecstasy
Credit Banner- Chand1234 (Ria)

All the avis used in the thread : Credit goes to the respectful makers. THANK YOU SO MUCH! =)

foram. thumbnail
Happy Birthday Girl

Mouni Roy @Roymouni

Thank you to all of you for all the love wishes & attention. Loving it! Muaaah x

113 retweets434 likes
L
More

foram. thumbnail

Happiest Birthday Mouni!
God Bless you!
have a successful, joyful and wonderful year ahead
wish u all the luck and happiness
Love u 🤗