coveredinmist thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Chapter One:Desire

The air was perfumed heavily with the scent of roses, which resembled round blood-drops descending upwards. Water cascaded over rocky outcrops, producing a melody which added to the serenity of the scene.

Under a starry sky of midnight velvet rested a beautiful throne, carved of gold and studded with precious jewels.

On the throne sat a striking couple.

The man had long, lush hair which swayed lightly with the gentle breeze. He was well-built, and his skin was a lovely shade of brown. The woman was decked lavishly, and her complexion was that of molten gold. She had beautiful, doe-like eyes which glowed in the soft moonlight.

This was one of the rare moments of seclusion they got. The man was mostly busy with various state affairs, and the woman devoted her time to serving her family.

Their twin sons were asleep in their respective chambers. They were quite young, only six years old. They played blithely during the day, and fell asleep as soon as their heads hit their pillows.

The man had something in mind tonight.

He reached out tenderly for his wife's hand. Then, in a soft tone, he mumbled:

"Dear wife, I have had something in mind for a very long time..."

"What is it, my Lord?"

"I am extremely grateful to you, for you have always been faithful to me and you have bestowed me with extremely talented sons. You have given me a lot more than I deserve. But, I have a desire..."

"What do you desire, my Lord?"

The man traced his fingers across his wife's veins, and then looked deep into her eyes.

" I desire a daughter. One accomplished with all good qualities. One who can make her parents proud."

Heat started growing in the woman's cheeks. Her cheeks were now a soft shade of rosy pink. She looked down shyly, signalling her approval.

The man smiled and leaned towards her in a slow but deliberate manner.

Edited by coveredinmist - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jairamji thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful.. write more.. would love Ram siya daughter
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This is so wonderful 👏👏
What an elegant description of the romance, so sensual, yet not vulgar. This is perfect

P.S. Is this from the Gujarati version of Ramayana? the one where Sita has a daughter?
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 8 years ago