An All Round 'Feel Good' Kind of Show

Tranquility123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello peeps, I've been meaning to make a post on this forum for over a week now and I've finally found the time! (I have some seriously hectic schedule bros, trust me)

Anyhow, I'll be pretty honest, when I first saw a glimpse of this show, my initial thoughts were "how cheesy and over dramatic πŸ€”" and truthfully, it didn't appeal to me at all. I've watched Shaka Laka Boom Boom so seeing the magic pencil kid all grown up was a pleasant surprise AND AN ADORABLE SURPRISE AT THAT TOO! His dimple is sooo perf, it makes me so happy Coming onto the actress, again, pretty bluntly, I didn't like her. I saw her in Humsafars and it was just no. The chemistry between the leads in this show wasn't up to par in comparison to what I'm used to (I'm pretty shallow when it comes to good looks and chemistry in the entertainment industry, just saying)

So... If all my initial responses were so negative, what finally forced me to watch this show(?) you may ask. That brings me on to my never ending (or more like everlasting) habit of being unable to go without an Indian serial in my life. Sigh. It's sad but it's true, I HAD to start watching something again (after TEI went down the drain and EDKV began to bore me) and this is what my over enthusiastic friends suggested. I got pretty fed up of feeling left out of their convo too (might've played a big factor in my decision tbh πŸ˜†)

AND I CAN PROUDLY SAY, I DO NOT REGRET WATCHING THIS SHOW AT ALL!

ERSK is probably one of the most 'feel good' shows I've come across and I've watched a lot of shows. The simplicity and genuineness of the characters and their relationships is very relatable and I love that all the characters are utilised so well! It's literally the first show where I can't decide which character I like more because they are all so lovable and have their own screen presence, be it the youngsters or the elders. One of the best things about this show is that it depicts so beautifully that age is merely a societal construct and age restrictions are absolutely bull. The nok johk between Viren and Kusum to the hilarious moments between Kaka and Kaki Sa are great and reminds the audience that romance has no age (often forgotten by the Indian Entertainment industry). It's this kind of subtle yet effective execution which has managed to win me over. I'm clean bowled with this show

I spent a whole night crying my eyes out btw because that rishta breaking sequence was so beautifully done and I just couldn't stop the tears. Not over dramatic and not under emphasised. It was perfect. And I loved that it made me cry. Because I DO NOT CRY. Ever. Seriously.

Aryan and Sanchi have grown on me so much! I love the rapport they share and their conversations are always so fun and enlightening. Aryan being so goofily in love with Sanchi is so cute and adorable. These two are literally the epitome of adorable! Their sajhedaari is amazing. I always look forward to their encounters because it's never your typical romance! There's no dupatta flying, girl falling, guy catching, violins playing sort of shizzle (though I'm a sucker for cliche) but by the end of their scene, I've got a goofy grin spread across my face πŸ˜†

Shivya is pretty, she looks great in minimal make up. They need to fire her make up artist and let the girl take control of her own face. Kinshuk is love. He's just so adorable and HIS HAIR IS SO FLUFFY, I THINK IM GOING TO CRY! In terms of performance, I'm really happy. They share great onscreen presence and their chemistry is increasing by day.

I've realised that this is more like a show review post but I'm so giddy and happy right now so I had to blurt out my feelings on paper. I really hope that the show continues to develop at the pace that it is going. So far, the storyline has been really engaging and if it continues like this, ERSK will reach new heights (fingers crossed).

All in all, the show is very underrated and needs to be appreciated for the master piece that it is 😎

I'd love to read everyone else's first thoughts and reactions to the show. I will try my best to reply to all. Until then, it's peace out from this little fish 😎

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kardooks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Little fish you literally had me cracking up,πŸ˜† I must say that I'm very happy, no I'm thrilled that you like the show because I can't wait to fangirl with you!!!
Welcome to the ERSK forum.πŸ€—

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
BAE OMG GOTTA READ
--

OMG OMG OMG ALL CAUGHT UP!! πŸ₯³

I luckily looked up promos after watching the episodes and I was basically not sure of the promos were for the same show I watched. They were quite utterly cheesy and dramatic without much to offer about the story. Not my cup of tea but then I saw them after watching 15 episodes so I guess it worked out well for me in those regards. πŸ˜†

oh god, I used to watch Shaka Laka Boom Boom and now seeing the magic-pencil kid all grown up makes me feel super old like this isn't fair. He is though quite a cutie and so adorable at that. The smile is so pretty and the HAIRRR, oh god he probably blow dries it because its sooo fluffy I want to run through it and mess it all up! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Shivya, I saw her in humsafars and while she's not a traditional beauty, her acting did impress me as someone with no background in acting and a debut show. Her lack of chemistry with Aryan in beginning did bother me quite a lot. I can be shallow too when I want too but I do agree with make up. She looks quite good with mimcl make-up and her make up team needs to change because they cake her face really badly or forget to blend the contouring off her face. It emphasizes on her double chin more then needed and literally makes her look weird so that needs to change. Indian soaps ruining beautiful actresses since past three decades! *sigh* πŸ€”

I swear I am exposing myself to so much Indian cinema because I feel left out of conversations so totally feel you on that 😡

I was telling Karen that one of the reasons I decided to give this show a go after a few episodes was basically the story being on a good pace and this show being such a 'feel-good' kind of show. There is no unnecessary heartbreak or OTT drama between the families. Every character is brilliant and the story has such a realistic feel. he characters are brilliant and so far the situations occurring are relatable along with the conflicts they bring. Even if not relatable, the show is on a path to be at least relevant in one way or another which i find really great.

The rapport between the leads ever since the dance has gotten better and better and it's really amazing how there comfort level with each other is getting better and better. You can see that the awkwardness had disappeared that was present initially even until they sneaked out to see each other.

The realism is really making me appreciate the story thus far and it's not a OTT script with dramatics and too many filmy things happening so thats a catch definitely. Totally agree that the show is quite underrated compared to the shows on air although I think the Sony TV line-up of shows is way better then any other channels' so far. I hope it remains the same with the pacing and the story line and there aren't goof-ups for TRPs and dramatics.

Super glad you joined in and now we can fangirl over ArChi together!!

Edited by areeba_blossom - 7 years ago
sonam21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with you that even my first reaction after seeing the promo and so many characters that a typicall OTT melodramatic barjatya show is on our way but i must say this show has really surprised me. the best part is dramatisation is kept to minimal, even big issues are sorted out realistically and with meaningful talks.
sanchi and aryan , the way their story is progressing, their chemistry , in short , everything about them is just beyond adorable. i am completely hooked to this show now and cant wait for the next episode to come.
Tranquility123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kardooks

Little fish you literally had me cracking up,πŸ˜† I must say that I'm very happy, no I'm thrilled that you like the show because I can't wait to fangirl with you!!!

Welcome to the ERSK forum.πŸ€—

Bruh I miss being funny so much I'm so glad to be able to make posts which I enjoy again! πŸ˜†
Yes this show is great and fangirling is a must. 😎 Thanks a tonne Karen!
Tranquility123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: areeba_blossom

BAE OMG GOTTA READ

BRO IVE MISSED THESE REACTION STATEMENTS πŸ˜†
--

OMG OMG OMG ALL CAUGHT UP!! πŸ₯³

I have! And about time too right?! The catch up session was amazing, I was a bundle of cheese by the end πŸ˜†

I luckily looked up promos after watching the episodes and I was basically not sure of the promos were for the same show I watched. They were quite utterly cheesy and dramatic without much to offer about the story. Not my cup of tea but then I saw them after watching 15 episodes so I guess it worked out well for me in those regards. πŸ˜†

Couldn't agree more Areeba. The title song itself isn't as nice as the other versions used within the show. (Just going to say that the songs in this are sooo apt for how innocent the relationship between Archi is!) Plus the cheesy dancing doesn't help πŸ˜†

oh god, I used to watch Shaka Laka Boom Boom and now seeing the magic-pencil kid all grown up makes me feel super old like this isn't fair. LOOOL BRUH imagine how I feel πŸ˜†

He is though quite a cutie and so adorable at that. The smile is so pretty and the HAIRRR, oh god he probably blow dries it because its sooo fluffy I want to run through it and mess it all up! πŸ˜†πŸ˜† You and I will forever be bffls at objectifying men 🀣 Seriously though, that hair is just something else

Shivya, I saw her in humsafars and while she's not a traditional beauty, her acting did impress me as someone with no background in acting and a debut show. Her lack of chemistry with Aryan in beginning did bother me quite a lot. I can be shallow too when I want too but I do agree with make up. She looks quite good with mimcl make-up and her make up team needs to change because they cake her face really badly or forget to blend the contouring off her face. It emphasizes on her double chin more then needed (LOOOL IM CREASINGπŸ˜†) and literally makes her look weird so that needs to change. Indian soaps ruining beautiful actresses since past three decades! *sigh* πŸ€”

All in all, totally agree. See, chemistry is something that bothers me a lot. I won't watch a show regardless of how good the storyline is unless the lead pair appeal to my eyes #sorrynotsorry Luckily in ERSK, the characters are so beautifully written, it actually makes them appeal more as the show progresses in comparison to at first glance.

I swear I am exposing myself to so much Indian cinema because I feel left out of conversations so totally feel you on that 😡

I've watched so many already, this is another to list basically πŸ˜† but this is something that I've enjoyed watching after a very long time (I.e. When TEI took a toll for the worst ) Like I'm watching BR on Zee and it is the most funniest thing in the world but ERSK makes me feel all fuzzy and warm πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

I was telling Karen that one of the reasons I decided to give this show a go after a few episodes was basically the story being on a good pace and this show being such a 'feel-good' kind of show. There is no unnecessary heartbreak or OTT drama between the families. Every character is brilliant and the story has such a realistic feel. he characters are brilliant and so far the situations occurring are relatable along with the conflicts they bring. Even if not relatable, the show is on a path to be at least relevant in one way or another which i find really great.

Apart from that time I cried my eyes out because it was past 12am and it must've been PMS or something, the show is completely feel good. It actually puts you in a better mood because it's just so adorable bro, I can't.

The rapport between the leads ever since the dance has gotten better and better and it's really amazing how there comfort level with each other is getting better and better. You can see that the awkwardness had disappeared that was present initially even until they sneaked out to see each other.

BRUH THEIR OFFSCREEN INTERVIEWS ARE BAE! I think I'll make posts on all the old interviews later on sometime but their friendship level is amazing and their banter kills me. I think I watched a segment where the interviewer asked them about their offscreen bond and they said they don't talk to each other and have a professional relationship with such a blunt expression, I was in tears πŸ˜†

The realism is really making me appreciate the story thus far and it's not a OTT script with dramatics and too many filmy things happening so thats a catch definitely. Totally agree that the show is quite underrated compared to the shows on air although I think the Sony TV line-up of shows is way better then any other channels' so far. I hope it remains the same with the pacing and the story line and there aren't goof-ups for TRPs and dramatics.

Super glad you joined in and now we can fangirl over ArChi together!!

ArChi is such a cute ship name. What's Kinshuk and Shivya? KinShi is adorbs imo. 😎
Yes dude! Bring on the fangirling!

Word Count: 1

Tranquility123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonam21

I agree with you that even my first reaction after seeing the promo and so many characters that a typicall OTT melodramatic barjatya show is on our way but i must say this show has really surprised me. the best part is dramatisation is kept to minimal, even big issues are sorted out realistically and with meaningful talks.

sanchi and aryan , the way their story is progressing, their chemistry , in short , everything about them is just beyond adorable. i am completely hooked to this show now and cant wait for the next episode to come.

Surprise is definitely a major factor in my case too! I wasn't expecting it to be this good in all honesty and what a pleasant surprise it was πŸ˜†
I love that they discuss relatable topics that occur is all households, irrespective of socio-economic status or geographical location. And I totally agree that the solutions are so meaningful and dealt with beautifully! Have I mentioned that I cried in the rishta breaking scene yet? ( πŸ˜†) I think kaka sa did a great job and the way the Mittals reacted was completely acceptable.

I think progression plays a vital role in this show. Literally, as the show is progressing, it's becoming better and better. I really hope it stays this way because I've dealt with too many heartbreaks to add another to my list 😳

Thank you for your reply!
Edited by Tranquility123 - 7 years ago
kardooks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tranquility123

Bruh I miss being funny so much I'm so glad to be able to make posts which I enjoy again! πŸ˜†
Yes this show is great and fangirling is a must. 😎 Thanks a tonne Karen!

I like how we take our fangirling on another levelπŸ˜†
Can't wait wedding for the wedding, do you think we might get a Suhaag Raat, since both are so into each other or maybe we might have to suffer through Aryan's sexual frustrations.πŸ˜†
Tranquility123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kardooks

I like how we take our fangirling on another levelπŸ˜†

Can't wait wedding for the wedding, do you think we might get a Suhaag Raat, since both are so into each other or maybe we might have to suffer through Aryan's sexual frustrations.πŸ˜†

Omg I don't know if I can take another show with the sexual frustrations! I get more frustrated than the poor male lead. 🀣 I don't know if it'll be a passionate one or something just sweet and simple, but considering so far ERSK has been realistic, there's always hope! πŸ˜†
kardooks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tranquility123

Omg I don't know if I can take another show with the sexual frustrations! I get more frustrated than the poor male lead. 🀣 I don't know if it'll be a passionate one or something just sweet and simple, but considering so far ERSK has been realistic, there's always hope! πŸ˜†

Judging from Aryan's naughty flirtatious behavior with Sanchi so far I doubt it might be sweet and simple.
I somehow get the feeling judging how he always turns things around and get her to comply to his whims and fancies that he might make her beg for it🀣