Abhi-Simran's Age Appearance

mitali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I don't know if any1 has commented on this b4, but I still cannot get over the appearance of Abhi and Simran since the leap.

Simran is now 54 years old and Abhi's is 44, yet Simran looks younger than Abhi who is all greyed and talking like a 90 year old man. What's with this 'my child'. This doesn't sound like Abhi, In my opinion, his drawl is too fake.

That's how I feel.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mitali

I don't know if any1 has commented on this b4, but I still cannot get over the appearance of Abhi and Simran since the leap.

Simran is now 54 years old and Abhi's is 44, yet Simran looks younger than Abhi who is all greyed and talking like a 90 year old man. What's with this 'my child'. This doesn't sound like Abhi, In my opinion, his drawl is too fake.

That's how I feel.

hmmmm - i actually thought he's doing a good job....altho he is acting the age he looks - which is way older than simran....

but he himself is doing a good job imho

principessa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

They explained in one of the episode (when Sia discovered the age gap) that Simran maintained herself well.. while Abhi not..

But yeah, Yoga should have helped him!

I agreewith you innocentindian, he is doing a great job..

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hi All

To this topic, i would like to say only one thing. In life, it so happens that when a person is worried, lonely, always thinking of the mistakes he did in life, it is but natural that age will show on his face. This is what Abhi is experiencing. Eventhough, Simran is 10 years elder to him, Simran had atleast Astha with her. She had a very close bonding with her. For her, Astha was her life. I do not say that Simran never thought about Abhi and her Astha. She did, probably daily. But atleast she shared some light moments and happy moments with Astha. She built up a family with her thro' love and affection. This showed in her face, made her look younger than her age.

In the case of Abhi, he has been alone, spending his life without anybody for him, near him. Thugh he was spending his time worthfully, like writing books, painting, pottery making, yoga and many other things, he always has been thinking of the mistakes he committed in his past. The way he tells Sia that he has the curse on him , he holds himself responsible for Neha's death even today, clearly show how restless his mind has been all the time.

I strongly believe that if you do not have any sort of happiness in life, it will show in your face, which will make you weak as time progresses, will make you look older than the real age.

So this is what Abhi is suffering from.....I think the director Ajay Sinha has portrayed Simran and Abhi's age very perfectly.

Akshata thumbnail

I think Abhi is doing a great job. With the practice of Yoga he has maintained his mental stability and peace of mind but being a recluce can't be easy and this has taken it's toll,I think. Also the director wants to show this BIG change in Abhi,that's why the extremes in appearance. Agreed that words like"my child" sound a bit strange from his mouth but what else can he call his daughter.He did become a father at a young age!

In one of the episodes Abhi jokes that if he shaves his beard he'll look younger than Simran.

Akshata

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago
bhangra rulez thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: wawahehe

Abhi is being shown as doing Yoga for the last 18 years. I cannot imagine how a person can look so old at 44. He looks more like Simran's dad.

😆😆😆ya i agree!

vvrsun thumbnail

I think you are taken in by the superficial apearance. Is Abhi's face lined? No, it is still chubby, forehead is clear, eyes are bright.

In this day and age it is not difficult (nor too expensive) to make a person really appear older than he is, and the producers are simply skimping on money. Whereas they are spending a lot and seem to bend over backwards in making Simran appear younger (or at least as old as she was before the leap).

I don't think Abhi looks older than Simran. Don't get fooled by the greyish beard. People can get grey hairs at any age (pigmentation, or lack thereof, lack of nutrition, etc., etc.)

vvrsun thumbnail
What else are we talking about? 😕