twinkle10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
The cheesiness honestly crossed all boundaries today. Like Aryan and Sanchi's dance sequence was literally cheesier than the most cheesiest pizza and sweeter than any Jalebi but you know what, I'll give it to them. It's all part of the initial stages of romance. The tingling feeling of love. The hyped excitement courtship brings along. They somehow still manage to make me feel all mushy inside. Maybe it's the innocence their love and relationship possesses. I say it again, they aren't like your attitude-clothed boyfriend and girlfriend. These two want to be each other best friends, companions and honest lovers.

I think what stood out to me in Sanchi and Aryan's little Skype moment was the way it was all conceptualised. Often in other shows, there usually is some fancy dinner and dance planned by the hero after he gifts his girl some attire. Yet here, the scenes flowed quite natural. The prompt and informal Skype date kept the scene from spilling into the boundaries of OTT-ness I think. And I'm so thankful for that. There was almost this common sense ideology present. That if he's gifted her a dress, of course she knew he'd want to see her in it and the way Sanchi's excitement to show Aryan the dress matched Aryan's excitement of wanting to see her in it, created a nice balance to the scene.

Can I just mention Priyanka is just genuinely such a sweetheart. I've been wanting to mention this about the show before too. Along with being a well-paced show, they manage to balance out the screenplay and interaction of different family members quite well. And I'm so glad that in the recent episodes, they have been unveiling the different layers and character depth Priyanka's character possess. On one side we admire the respectful and responsible daughter-in-law she is, yet at the same time the ways she unleashes the little child in her whilst she's with Aryan and Sanchi, definitely makes her more likeable.

The conversation amongst the Mittal's in regards to Sethia's self-respect was yet again heartening to watch. It's the power of such conversational scenes that embeds your trust as viewers, in these fictional characters. Scenes like that which are so true to their core of open communication, ensure the viewer is always on the progressive journey with them and has not been left behind somewhere.

Nilima, as we saw today, is not exactly cunning or shrewd. She is quite innocent and seems to possess this trait of spilling the beans in over-excitement and/or over-enthusiasm. A part of me appreciates that they've started to build up for the next complication, this early in the week rather than introducing it randomly during the maha-episode and then solving it in a jiffy. Today's scene where Nilima ended up blabbering the truth about the financial help, provider a sneek peak how she can get driven away in emotion by the mere instigation of outsiders. Hence, it lays out a strong base, true to her character, of how exactly she will give birth to the misconceptions in her mind later in the week.

Sanchi and Aryan's concluding scene was yet again such a great story progressor. Their relationship is opening up to different comfort levels nowadays. They way the care factor has increasingly started to surface. The emotional support system they have become of each other warms the heart. And yet, the cuteness factor their continuous leg-pulling brings along, always seems to add multiple layers of depth to the true definition of their bond. I admire the scene wasn't overpowered by some sort of lovey dovey food-feeding etc. Yet tomorrow they will carry out some heart to heart talk of their families, their future and their upcoming phase of life.

This show believes in talks and loads of it. That's all that matters here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kardooks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I totally agree with you on the natural progression of Sanchi and Aryan relationship, everything that transpired so far is so realistic and relatable in comparison to what we've grown accustomed to in Indian Serials.
I haven't seen the EP yet but you're also right with regards to Neelima not being cunning or shrewd in fact none of the family members from both families exhibit that trait thus far.
Bua was driven by her preference for Rishi over Aryan but I don't think she really meant to hurt Sanchi or the family and in a way I could understand her point. Although she did overreact but eventually good sense prevailed and she apologized to Sanchi.
I'm really impressed with this show can't wait to see how everything plays out.
Great Post!!
urvi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I totally agree to ur post.😊 Am amazed by the team work n Archi chemistry is beyond cute...Cvs 👏 keep up the good work..
--Amulya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This show is filled with all the mahaan characters and characteristic traits we could never ever see in the real world. But this is what I like as we get to learn something as in how to maintain relationships, how to keep our ego aside and ask for forgiveness when we are in the wrong.

I actually liked Rishi's character a bit too much. Right from his intro he's a man of perfection, especially his dialogue of saath chalne waale ki marzi being necessary. Can't I get someone like him in real life. I don't think I can adjust in big families, so preferring small family and I do know the reality that there's no such big happy family as Sethias in this generation.
twinkle10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Amulya--

This show is filled with all the mahaan characters and characteristic traits we could never ever see in the real world. But this is what I like as we get to learn something as in how to maintain relationships, how to keep our ego aside and ask for forgiveness when we are in the wrong.

I actually liked Rishi's character a bit too much. Right from his intro he's a man of perfection, especially his dialogue of saath chalne waale ki marzi being necessary. Can't I get someone like him in real life. I don't think I can adjust in big families, so preferring small family and I do know the reality that there's no such big happy family as Sethias in this generation.

I differ a little here. I don't think such people don't exist at all. Of course they do. Yet their numbers are so minimal that most would think such families and personalities don't exist. Today's generation believes in alternative ideologies than what this show is trying to promote. And in true sense, many of us don't practice the values and teachings that are explored in the show. But somehow Rajshri still attempts to produce such shows and films in every decade which would spread these notions that they believe in. And some can relate to it because their families possess similar moralistic roots. Yet others may not feel any connection to the show's story or characters because they've never been exposed to some of the ideas that are being talked about on the show.

On the other hand, I hope you find your rishi! 😉
sonam21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with you that the starking difference between this show and others is their emphasis on communication, be it between leads or families.There're overtly mahaan heroines in all shows who believe in over-complicating things and creating unneccessary misunderstandings only because they hide things for no reason. In this show, issues crop up due to various traits of the characters and i really love the way they sort out problems by talking it out. i hope they continue to maintain this till the end of the show.
I also love the gradual and natural progress in Aryan-Saanchi relationship. Their realisation that their relation has gone beyond arranged marriage scenario and that they're together not just for their families but also because they themselves want it and hence, freely telling each other their feelings, is a treat to watch. Cant wait to see them taking it to the next level.
Beautiful... thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautiful post twinkle
Archi dance was just splendid and treat to watch and a huge applause to the makers. For perfect execution
How Sachi fulfilled Aryan wish to see her in that dress And she choose for a video call rather than a selfie .i liked this very much as.i feel a selfie is anyways a life less one
As Aryan could not watch it directly in person ,she fulfilled it indirectly on Skype
twinkle10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautiful...

Beautiful post twinkle

Archi dance was just splendid and treat to watch and a huge applause to the makers. For perfect execution
How Sachi fulfilled Aryan wish to see her in that dress And she choose for a video call rather than a selfie .i liked this very much as.i feel a selfie is anyways a life less one
As Aryan could not watch it directly in person ,she fulfilled it indirectly on Skype

Thankyou.

Haha as much as the whole dance was quite cheesy, the whole Skype thing made it quite cute and different