Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey,
I'm a silent reader here. I always always hated/disliked Ram ji for abandoning Siya ji just like that without even telling her. It was the most harsh way to send her in forest. I had a question that why did he not send her to Mithila but now that's cleared and after reading this, my dislike for this part considering Ram and the way Ram behaved, is lowered a bit. But I will never like it or appreciate his decision to abandon Siya ji just like that, in fact this whole abandoning your own wife for some fool's statements makes no sense to me. Hope nobody takes appreciation from this part of Ram because nobody is God like him here. This decision not only involved so much of pain for Siya ji who was pregnant at that time, when she needed relaxation and support, the most and in return for her pure love, towards Ram, she still had so much to sacrifice. This all makes me so sad. :( I guess I will never be able to accept or respect Ram ji on this part, considering my own views of respecting women. As a husband, Ram ji Failed miserably to give happiness to Siya ji on the whole. Meanwhile, Siya ji proved to be the perfect life partner/wife to him.

Regards.
Edited by *Dev.* - 8 years ago
youliveonlyonce thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Dev.*

Hey,
I'm a silent reader here. I always always hated/disliked Ram ji for abandoning Siya ji just like that without even telling her. It was the most harsh way to send her in forest. I had a question that why did he not send her to Mithila but now that's cleared and after reading this, my dislike for this part considering Ram and the way Ram behaved, is lowered a bit. But I will never like it or appreciate his decision to abandon Siya ji just like that, in fact this whole abandoning your own wife for some fool's statements makes no sense to me. Hope nobody takes appreciation from this part of Ram because nobody is God like him here. This decision not only involved so much of pain for Siya ji who was pregnant at that time, when she needed relaxation and support, the most and in return for her pure love, towards Ram, she still had so much to sacrifice. This all makes me so sad. :( I guess I will never be able to accept or respect Ram ji on this part, considering my own views of respecting women. As a husband, Ram ji Failed miserably to give happiness to Siya ji on the whole. Meanwhile, Siya ji proved to be the perfect life partner/wife to him.

Regards.

Hi..
I can understand your feelings..
Not that I am trying to justify his actions but he had to do what he did..it was the last option left to him...
Actions can be wrong...but an action done with the right motive appears to be less harsh..

Ram was above the people of Ayodhya ...he had no feelings of doubt in him for Sitaji..
he was trying to safeguard her from the insensitive people around her who were quiet at that moment but didn't hold her in high esteem..who knows how it would have spread...it was etched in deep in the mindset of the people ...

Our scriptures say that a man has the first right over himself ..then his wife...as they are soul partners and share everything equally between them..and then his children..In crucial moments he would first lay down his life for the sake of dharma...and then of others...with their consent..

I feel he took his happiness away first...bore all the pain..and then it was the turn of the person who was closest to him..
Confusing...but this is how I feel it must have been
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Very beautiful analysis. It have covered all aspects. Most importantly Ram as a human, Ram as a king.
SKR beautifully showed Ram's journey to that decision and Ashish nailed it. With Sita abandonment Ram becomes a man who looks at people not with emotions but only with the laws of land. The feelings have been killed in him. The power to love was dead in him. He ruled, ruled precisely with the pillars of raghuvansh. And that pillar vachanpalan itself became the bane of raghukul as Ram decided to adhere to the vachan given to his wife that he will have only one wife in his life time. Yes the society didnt expect him to adhere to that vachan , which he ended up adhering to.
Aphrodite88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi thank you so much for this beautiful write up!
I can understand Lord Ram's actions more clearly right now.
I loved him as a child and love him even more now after reading this. But just a question, like moonwearer mentioned, Guru Vashisht said Lord Ram's name will be tainted forever coz of his action? So what did Guru Vashisht possibly wanted Lord Ram to have done?
khosla03 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This is such an eye opening article thanks a lot for sharing...this particular incidence always used to prick my mind somewhere that y is that all happened... This answers all my questions... U r a star mano ⭐️
829898 thumbnail
Tks so much for sharing this write up..
Have always wondered why Shri Rama didn't accompany Sitaji to the forest.. He had done it once before to upkeep his father's vachan..Sitaji accompanied him that time, why couldn't he go along with her this time.. Now I realize that he was not yet a king in that first instance..now he is..The writer has beautifully brought out the point about Shri Rama having to put raj dharma above his personal life..I can now feel his dilemma, his anguish , his pain...

Also realized that we humans have to go through our share of pain and difficulty in this world, have to try to overcome our problems..Even God when takes avatar in human form, He has to face earthly hurdles n difficulties..

Tks once again..