Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Ami25

I understand everybody"s point of view. ! but i dont read between the lines. Everybody is trying trying find a reason !! reason for injustice- reason for disrobing drapuati!! reason for sita"s banwaas! and reason for her leaving Ram in the end!! It doesnt matter what the consequences were !! They got punished or not!! but why not stop the crime before its being committed!!

Somebody said in the above comments that agni pareeksha was not weakness !!! what was the meaning of it then ?? why did sita go through it ? what was the need ? why did sita left ram in the end??

Just imagine for a second -- happening this with any other woman ?? or with you ?? disrobing you in front of everybody!!! or sending you in the forest alone because of your status as a king and because society doesnt want you with your husband? then asking you to or you have to go through agni with your own wish to prove that no other men has touched you !! or you havent been attracted to anothermen !!!

People say you can only feel the pain when u are in other person"s shoe!! I am trying to understand the pain sita went through! as a woman, as a wife, as a mother,, as a human. My heart goes for her. and draupati -- i can not even imagine the pain and humiliation whe went through----

Ugly face of our society, so many woman praded naked in our country even today!!

people say lord rama was God!! even he couldnt stand with women!1 even in his era woman had to suffer---

what can you expect from an ordinary man ??

Hi , pls dont think u have hurt someone 👍🏼,

its just that its really is a sensitive issue

coming to ur post

@bold

If this was the case , we wouldnt have needed police and judiciary in our country

I agree with u , Sita and Draupadi faced injustice , but was it just only them , no it wasnt

Many others too had to bear the brunt - Ram , Lakshman , Pandavas , krishna , abhimanyu Etc Etc

Its just that the nature of injustice towards Sita and Draupadi was different to the nature of injustice suffered to others ,

Sita gave agnipariksha not beacuse Ram didnt trust her , but he wanted to Protect her form ill talks of others , even if he is God , he cant go around and shut people's mouth

His only purpose to send sita away was that she doesnt get hurt on listening what praja thinks about her , and Sita too knew this

It was a mutual decision

The one to blame was the praja

The scoeity is like this only , ugly and sarcastic , as u said , if god cant rectify it , then what are we in front him

If there are monsters out there like Raavan , then there are people like vibhishan and mandodari too , who despite being family of raavan took a stand against him , though couldnt succeed to make him agree

What we can do is fight against it at our level , which the people of that time did , and thats what makes them worshippble

Lastly I would like to say that u said women in Ram's yug also had to suffer , but see you have to keep in mind that the golden period was Satyug , after that no yug has been stated clean of Atrocities.
Edited by Shivam... - 8 years ago
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi everyone... I am a regular viewer of Siya Ke Ram and a silent reader of this forum. Always read the deep and informative discussions on Ramayan here but never dared to write her from my own. Today cannot stop myself from sharing my views, as this very controversial part of Ramayan, this Uttarakhand, that always have given the same pain from the days of childhood- from the day I have learnt the very basics of this great epic, has again made me stand in front of the same question... how did Ram protect his dharma by committing such an adhamra with Sita and his unborn children?
Ram was helpless- rightly said! But this helplessness is the most tragic and painful part... if he would not be helpless, Sita's life would not have filled with the flow of tragedy and humiliation!
I cannot find the answer of a single question- how did an extra-ordinary personality like Ram, designated as God, become helpless in front of some distasteful gossips of some worthless common people? Were the gibberish reasons of the washer-man, who does not hold the 1/4th of the knowledge, humanity, deep study of life and sociology that Ram has, so important and logical that it moved the concrete base of belief and principles of Ram, it became more important than the struggles of Sita, their love and understanding towards each-other and the fire of Agniparikksha? A mean-minded, half-educated washer-man who is mostly skeptical and tortuous towards his wife, says that he would never have accepted his wife if he would be in Ram's place, and also commented that Ram should banish his wife to save his honour, and the king, following his pedestal, gives banishment to his extremely devoted wife forever, that too when she was pregnant with his children... why this helplessness to keep intact his 'mariyaada'? Was that so much important to keep than his patidharm and pitadharm?
He did it to follow his Rajdharm... like an ideal king should do- as we were told from childhood. What is the duty of a king towards his subjects? To take care of their livelihood and happiness, to protect them from the adversities like a father... does it imply that he is to entertain the spicy gossips of the lanes regarding his family-life and his wife's character? Does it mean that the subjects will decide her wife's character and eligibility to be a queen? Are the gossips even more evident than the proof of Agniparikksha, and his own belief on his wife? Then what was the strange power in those people's words, that set Ramchandra in dilemma- that whether he was right to accept his wife or not, and he ended up with the easiest solution to abandon Sita, to welcome a storm in his own life and destroy his personal life along with Sita forever... how did it help in his Rajdharma? What would have changed in the daily lives of Ayoddha if Ram would not send Sita away, and Lav-Kush to get a normal childhood like every prince? As a sensible person Ram should have known that he will never be able to stop these spicy gossips in market by carrying out their wishes... then why this helplessness of Rajdharm- when he himself knows what is right and what is wrong?
Think about the countless women like that washer-man's wife... They did not have the last place to get justice against the tortures of their husbands. Ram had given the verdict to the washer-man to accept his wife but he denied; and moreover his insulting words to the queen resulted greatly, and the respectable queen was banished from the palace under the same injustice. Ram did the same sin like the washer-man, set an example for all the men by doing this... now who would be there for those women whose respects always goes at stake? If a respectable woman like Sita, evidently as pure as fire can be thrown out from her house with the allegation of being an unchaste, what can be happened to the common women? What Rajdharma did Ram save by putting the future of all those women in uncertainty and unknown fear? Why did he chose such a way of 'mariyaada' where none will get any benefit?
Ram was helpless in front of the society. He knew that his actions will be questioned one day... so he chose the easiest path among all- to send Sita for exile- despite knowing she is purest of the pure, despite knowing she is the ray of his life, despite knowing he is going grave sin towards his wife and unborn children, he did it... he literally cheated Sita, he broke her belief! Sita did not lose faith and that was her greatness, but Ram did cheat Sita! He was indeed helpless... standing beside Sita, going against the whole society to keep intact her respect and honour, fighting against the conservative mentalities against women and to break the stereotypes, welcoming the change of society where males would respect women keeping the image of Sita in front... all would be a very very tough job from the throne of a king. So the easiest solution to keep up his reputation as Mariyaada Purushottam, to increase the honour of his great clan, to prove himself as a selfless king was to sacrifice the greatest blessing of his life! Ram had to do it for keeping his 'mariyaada' intact, to increase his popularity in his subjects, to secure his thrown from any kind of rebellion from the spark of society, like a shrewd politician does, if we see the whole thing from the glass of 21st century! Helpless he was... helpless in front of his status, the weight of his heavy crown, the fame that he and his clan has gathered by the long sacrifices in life!
I know it is an impossible task to justify Ram from the filtered mindset of 21st century, so won't try anymore... But it gives immense pain when I think about how this helplessness of Ram, his utter injustice towards his Sita has been elevated and worshiped in the society of that time! I sometimes think that the flow of excellence qualities of Ram's character, which had once elevated him to divine, suddenly had got restricted in the stagnant rules of the society after he stepped into the shoe of a king, making him helpless to do such things that he himself could never justify! I never can find any greatness in Ram's sacrificing Sita, where in this particular part Sita beams extra-ordinarily with her strength, her positive vibe and her firm determination; her struggles as a single mother with Lav-Kush becomes exploratory that how a mother can raise her children on her own without any single help from her husband, and at last she wins against the society, by finishing her entity as a human being she proved her divinity in front of the whole hypocrite society who once had humiliated her...
Sorry guys if I make you bored; but will really wait for all of your responses. [:p] 😳
divine_ram thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shinning_Stuti

Hi everyone... I am a regular viewer of Siya Ke Ram and a silent reader of this forum. Always read the deep and informative discussions on Ramayan here but never dared to write her from my own. Today cannot stop myself from sharing my views, as this very controversial part of Ramayan, this Uttarakhand, that always have given the same pain from the days of childhood- from the day I have learnt the very basics of this great epic, has again made me stand in front of the same question... how did Ram protect his dharma by committing such an adhamra with Sita and his unborn children?

Ram was helpless- rightly said! But this helplessness is the most tragic and painful part... if he would not be helpless, Sita's life would not have filled with the flow of tragedy and humiliation!
I cannot find the answer of a single question- how did an extra-ordinary personality like Ram, designated as God, become helpless in front of some distasteful gossips of some worthless common people? Were the gibberish reasons of the washer-man, who does not hold the 1/4th of the knowledge, humanity, deep study of life and sociology that Ram has, so important and logical that it moved the concrete base of belief and principles of Ram, it became more important than the struggles of Sita, their love and understanding towards each-other and the fire of Agniparikksha? A mean-minded, half-educated washer-man who is mostly skeptical and tortuous towards his wife, says that he would never have accepted his wife if he would be in Ram's place, and also commented that Ram should banish his wife to save his honour, and the king, following his pedestal, gives banishment to his extremely devoted wife forever, that too when she was pregnant with his children... why this helplessness to keep intact his 'mariyaada'? Was that so much important to keep than his patidharm and pitadharm?
He did it to follow his Rajdharm... like an ideal king should do- as we were told from childhood. What is the duty of a king towards his subjects? To take care of their livelihood and happiness, to protect them from the adversities like a father... does it imply that he is to entertain the spicy gossips of the lanes regarding his family-life and his wife's character? Does it mean that the subjects will decide her wife's character and eligibility to be a queen? Are the gossips even more evident than the proof of Agniparikksha, and his own belief on his wife? Then what was the strange power in those people's words, that set Ramchandra in dilemma- that whether he was right to accept his wife or not, and he ended up with the easiest solution to abandon Sita, to welcome a storm in his own life and destroy his personal life along with Sita forever... how did it help in his Rajdharma? What would have changed in the daily lives of Ayoddha if Ram would not send Sita away, and Lav-Kush to get a normal childhood like every prince? As a sensible person Ram should have known that he will never be able to stop these spicy gossips in market by carrying out their wishes... then why this helplessness of Rajdharm- when he himself knows what is right and what is wrong?
Think about the countless women like that washer-man's wife... They did not have the last place to get justice against the tortures of their husbands. Ram had given the verdict to the washer-man to accept his wife but he denied; and moreover his insulting words to the queen resulted greatly, and the respectable queen was banished from the palace under the same injustice. Ram did the same sin like the washer-man, set an example for all the men by doing this... now who would be there for those women whose respects always goes at stake? If a respectable woman like Sita, evidently as pure as fire can be thrown out from her house with the allegation of being an unchaste, what can be happened to the common women? What Rajdharma did Ram save by putting the future of all those women in uncertainty and unknown fear? Why did he chose such a way of 'mariyaada' where none will get any benefit?
Ram was helpless in front of the society. He knew that his actions will be questioned one day... so he chose the easiest path among all- to send Sita for exile- despite knowing she is purest of the pure, despite knowing she is the ray of his life, despite knowing he is going grave sin towards his wife and unborn children, he did it... he literally cheated Sita, he broke her belief! Sita did not lose faith and that was her greatness, but Ram did cheat Sita! He was indeed helpless... standing beside Sita, going against the whole society to keep intact her respect and honour, fighting against the conservative mentalities against women and to break the stereotypes, welcoming the change of society where males would respect women keeping the image of Sita in front... all would be a very very tough job from the throne of a king. So the easiest solution to keep up his reputation as Mariyaada Purushottam, to increase the honour of his great clan, to prove himself as a selfless king was to sacrifice the greatest blessing of his life! Ram had to do it for keeping his 'mariyaada' intact, to increase his popularity in his subjects, to secure his thrown from any kind of rebellion from the spark of society, like a shrewd politician does, if we see the whole thing from the glass of 21st century! Helpless he was... helpless in front of his status, the weight of his heavy crown, the fame that he and his clan has gathered by the long sacrifices in life!
I know it is an impossible task to justify Ram from the filtered mindset of 21st century, so won't try anymore... But it gives immense pain when I think about how this helplessness of Ram, his utter injustice towards his Sita has been elevated and worshiped in the society of that time! I sometimes think that the flow of excellence qualities of Ram's character, which had once elevated him to divine, suddenly had got restricted in the stagnant rules of the society after he stepped into the shoe of a king, making him helpless to do such things that he himself could never justify! I never can find any greatness in Ram's sacrificing Sita, where in this particular part Sita beams extra-ordinarily with her strength, her positive vibe and her firm determination; her struggles as a single mother with Lav-Kush becomes exploratory that how a mother can raise her children on her own without any single help from her husband, and at last she wins against the society, by finishing her entity as a human being she proved her divinity in front of the whole hypocrite society who once had humiliated her...
Sorry guys if I make you bored; but will really wait for all of your responses. [:p] 😳

If Ram would not have sacrificed Sita, she would not be called pure. She would be hearing more taunts as a Queen and even her children. If Ram wanted popularity among his subjects he not only would have sacrificed, took all the blame/insults and would have also married again. He lived many more years without any woman with his kids. Why did he not marry ? No one thinks about this topic. It was very easy for a king to marry in those days.
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: divine_ram

If Ram would not have sacrificed Sita, she would not be called pure. She would be hearing more taunts as a Queen and even her children. If Ram wanted popularity among his subjects he not only would have sacrificed, took all the blame/insults and would have also married again. He lived many more years without any woman with his kids. Why did he not marry ? No one thinks about this topic. It was very easy for a king to marry in those days.

I did not suspect Ram's love towards Sita... In this process of banishing Sita he eventually destroyed his own life, mental peace, happiness everything which was perhaps more tough than Sita's position! But that does not justify his acts towards Sita. He did not care for his own life and married again, but he did not fulfilled his responsibilities of a father and and a husband too, which was also not done!
Was Sita called as pure after going to exile? If she had been, then no question of proving her purity would have raised after 12 years after her comeback. Gossips can never be stopped by bowing down in front of them, and Ram did the same. He somehow showed the whole Ayoddha that she was not eligible to be a queen by banishing her... Yes it is true that the things might have become bigger afterwards and the children would have affected by the taunts. But was not he firm enough to cope up with those and fight against those other than bending down against the wrong? I said it- that for me he took a harsh decision, and the easiest solution to save the honour of his name and his clan!
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@divine Ram , completely agree with u , if Ram would have wanted , he could have married again and no one could have questioned him about that

But he didnt , not beause he feared a backlash from praja , but because he didnt want , he was too much in love with Sita to let any other women enter his life

@ami

U can also see it like this
in today's world , no one questions Sita on her chasity , everone is damm sure that she was forever pure

But still in our minds we somewhere blame rama for his actions against abandoning sita ma

So in a way Rama put the entire blame on himself rather than let Sita get hurt , not only in treta Yug but also for the generations to come , he protected her .

People may call him coward or a Man blinded by rules of society , but i dont see it that way , i see him as a man who to protect the honour of his wife went t the extent of destroying his own .
Edited by Shivam... - 8 years ago
divine_ram thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I did not suspect Ram's love towards Sita... In this process of banishing Sita he eventually destroyed his own life, mental peace, happiness everything which was perhaps more tough than Sita's position! But that does not justify his acts towards Sita. He did not care for his own life and married again, but he did not fulfilled his responsibilities of a father and and a husband too, which was also not done!
Was Sita called as pure after going to exile? If she had been, then no question of proving her purity would have raised after 12 years after her comeback. Gossips can never be stopped by bowing down in front of them, and Ram did the same. He somehow showed the whole Ayoddha that she was not eligible to be a queen by banishing her... Yes it is true that the things might have become bigger afterwards and the children would have affected by the taunts. But was not he firm enough to cope up with those and fight against those other than bending down against the wrong? I said it- that for me he took a harsh decision, and the easiest solution to save the honour of his name and his clan!

Did you listen to the dialogue when the dhobi asked the common people. Will they take their wife if she spends a day in another man's home ? People kept quiet and they did not say anything to Ram Sita bcos they were king and queen. If it was a common lady they would have taunted and insulted her whole life. I think by sacrificing and not marrying any women Ram set an example that he loved his wife and always trusted her purity. He knew Sita very well that she was strong enough to raise her kids away from gossip world. In few versions of Ramayan it is written he knew she was safe with valmiki and had arranged with valmiki.
Edited by divine_ram - 8 years ago
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Did you listen to the dialogue when the dhobi asked the common people. Will they take their wife if she spends a day in another man's home ? People kept quiet and they did not say anything to Ram Sita bcos they were king and queen. If it was a common lady they would have taunted and insulted her whole life. I think by sacrificing and not marrying any women Ram set an example that he loved his wife and always trusted her purity. He knew Sita very well that she was strong enough to raise her kids away from gossip world. In few versions of Ramayan it is written he knew she was safe with valmiki and had arranged with valmiki.

I will just abandon my wife forever as my neighbours will taunt her lifelong and me too for an incident in which she was a victim... Is it a correct thing to do? Sita had the caliber to raise the kids and she did that, but what about the insult that she got from her closest ones? I am not blaming Ram for destroying Sita 's life, he was a victim of the situation along with Sita who went through a lot of pain... I can sympathize with him, I can understand his helplessness of keeping intact the status of his crown and responsibilities according to that era, but I can never agree that he had set any great example as a king and as a lover by bending his head in front of the society and send his wife in a lone world with a burden of humiliation.
A common woman's life will become more unbearable than Sita, and Ram should have tried to save those common women's lives from this social torture rather than letting Sita to follow the same path! As a king he must had some authority more than the common people, he had a great sense of humanity and knowledge to think differently, and he should have use those to uproot the problem forever other than sacrificing own happiness for sake of some worthless peoples timepass gossip. I do think he had hurried to take the decision as he was fearing to face Sita that time, and hence put both the lives at stake.
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Accha tell me one thing, did Ram send Sita away to save her and and sons from gossip world or to save his mariyaada and rajdharm. From the childhood version of Ramayan's basic story to the matured criticisms of Ramayan that I have read, they emphasises on the second one... 😕
Ami25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shivam...

@divine Ram , completely agree with u , if Ram would have wanted , he could have married again and no one could have questioned him about that

But he didnt , not beause he feared a backlash from praja , but because he didnt want , he was too much in love with Sita to let any other women enter his life

@ami

U can also see it like this
in today's world , no one questions Sita on her chasity , everone is damm sure that she was forever pure

But still in our minds we somewhere blame rama for his actions against abandoning sita ma

So in a way Rama put the entire blame on himself rather than let Sita get hurt , not only in treta Yug but also for the generations to come , he protected her .

People may call him coward or a Man blinded by rules of society , but i dont see it that way , i see him as a man who to protect the honour of his wife went t the extent of destroying his own .

So the whole point is you need social approval for woman chastity?? so that society approves her thats why he sent sita to vanvaas !! this is the things i have been saying that he gave in to the demands of the society!!!! in your eys abandoning your wife for the sake of society means protecting her !!! This is the head line of my topic that he was helpless and weak ------ he have up his own wife because he has a fear of society !! by the way he was wrong and sita approved it by leaving him in the end anyway !
Ami25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

You put my thought in words very beautifully !! i agree with each and every word of yours! Ram must be miserable !! poor man had to bear the brunt of the society and in the end his own wife left him. !! I feel for him too but as a woman my heart goes out to sita. No doubt he was maryada purushotam but he lost everthing in the process of keep maryada intact !! He never went against social norms of that time. Hence his wife and kids suffererd!! but i am glad that sita left everybody and went to heavenly abode!