Ami25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Ram is helpless in the hands of society. Sometime i wonder why cant they protect the honor of a woman?? It was a huge injustice with sita in ramayana!! and in mahabharta draupati was disrobed in rajyasabha!! why did men of those era behave soo strange They were weak i guess. They could see a woman disrobe but not back on their words! they could send a helpless woamn to forest but couldnt face the society. It is very shameful!! No wonder in our society woman have been fighting for their rights. I wish sita would have refused agni praksha, i wish rama would have taken a stand for his wife. I wish men in rajya sabha would have stood with draupati and protected her. i wish things would have been changed had these men taken a stand !!!
sad but true!!

Edited by Ami25 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loveispure thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You just mention one side of story.yes injustice was done to sita and draupadi but ppl only narrate injustic and insult .what was the consequence after this happen should also be mentioned. draupdai cheerharan triggered the destruction of whole kuru wansh which was impossible. but sin of insulting an woman made even invincible drona karna and bhisma ruin in dust.no matter how much they were powerful they had to pay for their sins.pandavas too had to bear the responsibility of wronging draupadi by continuous struggle and repentance. Duryodhan who told draupadi to sit on his thigh got died because of his broken thigh.dushashana who tried to disrobe draupadi met cruellest death.
Most importantly draupadi honour was protected by lord krishna during cheerharan who gave clear msg to all that even if your dear one could not protect you,even if whole society turned against you,then turn yourself to your god.only god will be with u in every struggle.humans cant forever support you either husband or wife.this was the hidden greatest spritual message.

About sita,again ravan defeat was possible because of sita haran.kidnapping a woman was greatest sin that diminish the punya gained by ravan by continuous worship of shiv.he was invincible.but his one act caused his destruction.
You mention why ram could not stand for his wife.because that era was different.ram had faith on sita.but he was king too.he could not give up his raj dharma.also sita as queen had to face continuous humiliation as her chastity was questioned.
Ram injustice and sita suffering was always know but ram suffering must also be acknowledged. He suffered and waited.everyone talk about sita vanvaas but no one see that when ram was to accept her with luv kush she refused to come with him .she gave luv kush to him and herself taken bhumi samadhi .

Ramayana and mahabharat always potrayed that what injustices can do especially crime to a woman.but our male dominated society refuse to see this and only talk about lakshman rekha for women blah blah.manu smiriti has definitely done injustice to whole womenhood.before manu smiriti women were equal to men.there were women scholars,rishis.veda is most prime example.i wished if our socoety had not followed manu smiriti blindly then women had been as powerful as men.what to do?male chauvinism is present everywhere not just in our society alone.i m just happy that as woman i have atleast religious freedom.religion did not condemn women.society always had and always will.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@ loveispure 👏
@ami to understand ram first Ramayan can't just be for entertainment if am not mistaken u had said that in willina di's thread. So let me share what I had learnt from this forum. About draupdi loveispure had explained well. The whole Bharat paid for the silence the men held in Sabha. The pandavas followed the so called rajdharm but that was not right and that's why they take up exile. They understood true dharm only later.
And coming to ram weak in the society I disagree Infact he exposed how weak the Smrithi in ayodha was. From shanta to Sita he delivers justice. He takes a stand for Sita but indirectly he vindicates her and removes even wrong perceptions about her. Sitas agnipariksha is not a sign of weakness. Ram did face the society head on exposing it vindicating Sita. Right choice is tough and he was ready to let go rajya for Sita but realised with the same power he can prove her purity. Ram become Maryada purushottam only because of Sita. Rajdharm had to be above personal good and as a raja and Pati he did what was expected out of him. Emotionally and mentally he was the Shakthi for Sita in her second exile. The golden effigy of Sita proves that ram had not bowed to the weak society that existed.

Check this link on why her AP is not actually weakness

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4709814
Edited by Cluny123 - 8 years ago
Siya-Ram thumbnail
And these words of shruthiravi Di pls read
( Di hope u don't mind but this will provide clarity to her questions)
But if you sit and analyze the intend of actions you will know how profound Ram and Krishna is. If you see Ram and Krishna applies gender neutral rules. Yes Sita does AP. But Ram also remains the same . Even he can take AP and come out of it unscathed as there is no other woman in his life other than Sita.

Krishna has multiple wives as the situation demanded it. But he respects Panchali who has multiple husbands.
It is not like present day society where rules are applied different to men and woman. Same gender rules is what differentiate them and what made them great
Credit to: shruthiravi
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ami

I beg to differ with your post in some of the points

first of all you have to see why Ram Sent Sita to exile , its beacuse he didnt want her to get hurt on getting to know the shameful rumours being spread about her , Even Sita Ma was distresses to see Rama in pain daily due to the facts he was hiding from her , so that doesnt make him weak at all.
He specifically asked lakshman to drop her near valmiki ashram , as he knew she would be taken care of there

If it was separation pain for Sita , then Rama suffered it as well , he forbid himself from enjoying aany royal luxaries there after too . Being a ruler aint easy.

That being said , of course injustice was being done , and it was not just to Sita , it was to both Ram and Sita by the Praja of Ayodhya . Also as itsshown in SKR that this is doing of just a dhobi , its not true

Only rumour was passed by dhobi and it spread like a rage till every prajajan was speaking ill of Sita , and the Prajajans included men as well as women

Its a shame really that they thought about Devi Sita like this .

Secondly u mentioned Mahabharata , I agree with you completely that Draupadi's honour was violated , but so was violated the honour of pandavas

Yudhistir had first and foremost put himself under the bar , then his brothers and finally draupadi . Someone did take a stand for her , Her Sakha Krishna.

And rest we all know what happened .

All those who committed atrocities against humanity , be it lanka or be it Kuruvansh , had to pay the ultimate price , history is the proof of it
blacktear thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm very happy reading all your post which is very sensitive and mature . hope our society also think in these way.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
@ Shivam Bhai agreed. Ram suffered as much as Sita but he did his duties as King and didn't make sitas sacrifice useless. That is a trait of how strong the maryada Purushottam was in terms of his emotions conquering him.
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Cluny123

@ Shivam Bhai agreed. Ram suffered as much as Sita but he did his duties as King and didn't make sitas sacrifice useless. That is a trait of how strong the maryada Purushottam was in terms of his emotions conquering him.

Absolutely

Lord vishnu and Godess Lakshmi really suffered in their human Avataar

Pain beyond comprehension
Ami25 thumbnail
I understand everybody"s point of view. ! but i dont read between the lines. Everybody is trying trying find a reason !! reason for injustice- reason for disrobing drapuati!! reason for sita"s banwaas! and reason for her leaving Ram in the end!! It doesnt matter what the consequences were !! They got punished or not!! but why not stop the crime before its being committed!!
Somebody said in the above comments that agni pareeksha was not weakness !!! what was the meaning of it then ?? why did sita go through it ? what was the need ? why did sita left ram in the end??

Just imagine for a second -- happening this with any other woman ?? or with you ?? disrobing you in front of everybody!!! or sending you in the forest alone because of your status as a king and because society doesnt want you with your husband? then asking you to or you have to go through agni with your own wish to prove that no other men has touched you !! or you havent been attracted to anothermen !!!

People say you can only feel the pain when u are in other person"s shoe!! I am trying to understand the pain sita went through! as a woman, as a wife, as a mother,, as a human. My heart goes for her. and draupati -- i can not even imagine the pain and humiliation whe went through----

Ugly face of our society, so many woman praded naked in our country even today!!

people say lord rama was God!! even he couldnt stand with women!1 even in his era woman had to suffer---

what can you expect from an ordinary man ??

Ami25 thumbnail
Sorry if i my views have hurt anybodys feelings. This is certainly not my intention.