Chastity | A testimony

Milaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

This is a imaginary conversation between Princess Urmila and her husband Prince Lakshman regarding the most disturbing event of the Ramayana when Lord Ram exiled Mata Sita to the forest.

Urmila was very worried and troubled by the unfortunate turn of events. All her sisters had already accepted everything as it was. But she was not ready accept this that easily. She didn't know which responsibility of hers should she fulfill in such a situation. Of that of a Sister? Or a Daughter-in-law? Or that of a women?

She sat in a corner of her room downhearted and dejected, wiping her tears, trying in vain to console herself. Lakshman entered the room and was shocked to see her in a pathetic state. Even though he was himself disappointed by the recent happenings, he never expected to see his love in such a state, for she was the bravest and most courageous one among her sisters.

Lakshman sat next to her saying : "Mila! Why are you like this? I have never seen you like this. Not even when I left you behind here for fourteen long years."

She didn't respond. Wouldn't it be right to say that she didn't know how to respond or she forgot how to respond?

Lakshman insisted : "Say something Mila. Don't hold yourself. I can't see you like this anymore."

Urmila dried her eyes and asked him interrogatively : "Will you too exile me if ever a question is raised on my chastity?"

Lakshman understood what she was going through then.

Lakshman : "No Mila. I won't!"

Urmila asked with little sarcasm : "Why won't you? After all you follow your brother."

Lakshman replied calmly : "Brother is neither happy doing this. As a king, his citizens are his first priority. It is his dharma."

Urmila : " My question is about you Prince Lakshman. I know that it is pointless to raise my voice here in a forlorn attempt to stop my sister from being exiled. "

Lakshman : "Why do you think you will be questioned ?"

Urmila : "My sister, who had proved her chastity by going through the great agni pareeksha, was questioned and accused and had to undergo this mortification of being exiled by your brother, how am I an exception?"

Lakshman : " Trust me. I won't let that happen to you Mila."

Urmila: " How are you planning on doing that? Will you go against your brother, your dharma?"

Lakshman : " No. I can't Mila. But I will not allow this to happen to you either. "

Urmila looked confused.

Lakshman : " I will die before that..."

Urmila closed his mouth with her palm even before he could complete what he said. Tears ran down her cheeks.He nodded his head in a 'no' and wiped her tears.

Urmila : " I am sorry, my love ! I had no intention to hurt you. I never doubted you or brother Ram. It was just that I was trying to remind myself of the reality of the society I live in, the truth of a women in our society, a society where a women needs to prove her chastity umpteen times to others for her to be accepted by them. Hope this tradition breaks soon. "

*** The End ***

Thanks for reading:) Please do review without fail :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Are u really seriousπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Milaksh thumbnail

u r too fast πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

be quick to unres tooπŸ˜‰
Anokhisharma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh my

it was short but it was soo beautiful

I want more from my side plzzz

plzz write more πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Anokhisharma - 8 years ago
Riya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Read...this is a very beautiful piece...I loved it..
thank you for writing this.πŸ‘πŸΌ.

love
Rii
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautifully Written
As short as it was , but it summed up Laksh- Urmi Relation's Strength

Lakshman's charater was brought so beautifully , coundnt disobey rama , but not at expense of hrting urmila

The line " i will die before that happens "πŸ‘
Milaksh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shivam...

Beautifully Written

As short as it was , but it summed up Laksh- Urmi Relation's Strength

Lakshman's charater was brought so beautifully , coundnt disobey rama , but not at expense of hrting urmila

The line " i will die before that happens "πŸ‘

Thank you so much ShivamπŸ˜ƒ
Just like he ended his life saving all of Ayodhya from falling under Durvasa's curse and at the same time fulfilling his brother's promise😊😊
Milaksh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anokhisharma

oh my

it was short but it was soo beautiful

I want more from my side plzzz

plzz write more πŸ˜ƒ

Hai Anu !❀️

Thank you so much dear πŸ˜ƒ

will write for sure😊
Milaksh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Riya_16

Read...this is a very beautiful piece...I loved it..

thank you for writing this.πŸ‘πŸΌ.

love
Rii

Thank you Rii😊

Love❀️

Milaksh thumbnail

Thank u Mili

πŸ€—πŸ€—