|| :( FAREWELL DIYA BAATI :( ||

thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Still cant believe Dabh is coming to an end, with the way the show topped for years together
we always thought that the show would never end. but as  they say every good thing
must come to an end, dabh too has to end one day.

Its beena a beautiful journey of a lovable couple 
Dabh took off with impressive promos of saccha jeevan sathi,
sandhya dreaming of becoming IPS and suraj wanting a seedhi sadhi beendhni
Right from the word go dabh hit the bulls eye , then there was no stopping,
The story was unique and people loved to see a supporting husband amongst all odds

Viewers were eager to know how suraj handles the situation where in he has 
to support his wife as well make sure his mother doesnt feel cornered .
suraj made a good balance of both which made the show go smoothly.

The hit pair of surya was inspirational, if suraj supported his wife in every way
sandhya kept the family intact, she didnt let down her brought up and family values.
We all took part in their journey and never felt they were just characters, 
we lived  with them, whenever they faced trouble, we've cried
whenever they came close we've blushed, 

surya were like oxygen, every girl wanted a husband like suraj, 
who was gentle, innocent ,caring, supportive and a  loving husband  knowing that
 sandy would never reciprocate the love,, his nature was new to TV shows 

Sandy's character was no less, her sacrifice was huge, an IPS aspiring girl overnight
gets married to an educated man only to discover that he was a halwai,
she didnt hate him,  but slowly started to respect him which later on turned into love.
sandy impressed with her  fight for truth, inspite of a torturing MIL
 sandy never budged to  conspiracy against her,
  she was bold enough to face any situation.

We've witnessed the highs and lows of surya, and were part of their journey
We've lived with them in GG room, travelled on bus  top, would often visit MKD
only to watch surya gradually fall in love ,played holi with them πŸ˜‰
Felt soft drizzles whenever sandy driied suraj's kurta
From Gandhi park to singapore we accompanied them wherever they went

Every scenes flashes in front of our eyes and its all over now
Though early days of dabh cant be replaced, we atleast got to see our fav couple.
now... even that wont be possible. 

Every cloud has a silver lining, when Dabh could have taken the usual route
to sustain its trp, it stuck to what it was meant to be, never imposed illogical stuff, the leads
stood loyal to each other, they never got seperated (it was a test for their love though)
Dabh fans are lucky in fact, we never got replacements .
the show may have an end but will always stay close to our hearts forever
and will cherish all the suryastic moments,
Proud to be a dabhain.

Thank you DABH, never went this mad for any other couple
Thanks to the whole Dabh team for giving us the best show ever.
Best of luck to all the cast and crew for their future endeavors 
will miss surya / anika  immensely πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­

OS-Cherishing Moments

Shruthiravi 

"Maa you have to come for my convocation. See when I graduated you were on some urgent duty and only Papa was there. Now it is my PG convocation Maa. You cant miss it told Ved

" That is not fair. She should be with me in US. Afterall I am among the 10 young enterpreneurs selected from India to present their ideas in Youth Entrepreneur Forum in Newyork. Shouldn't my mom be there to listen to my presentation. Don't you know if the idea gets accepted I get venture capital for my business " told Kanak back.

Rathi Parivaar was seated in the aangan. Sandhya had taken Voluntary Retirement from Police Force 2 years back and these days was actively involved with an NGO which dealt with stopping child marriages and rehabiltation of such young girls. Sooraj hotel had expanded and it had chains across India and there were export orders too and he remained busy always. Vansh had decided to join his father after his graduation and he handled the export part. Together Vedansh Group of Hotels and Confectioneries employed around 1000 people directly and indirectly it gave employment to another 5000. Vansh now wanted to float equities and enter share market so that they can get more funding and expand the business. Discussions were on for that.

It was in between that the tug of war between Ved and Kanak had started. Ved had decided to opt for medicine after traumatic incident where his cousin sister attempted suicide and they struggled her to take to hospital. The tension the family undertook in those crucial hours made Ved want to become a doctor. And he became one too. After MBBS he had specialized in Neurology and was passing out next month as a neuro surgeon. It was that convocation he wanted Sandhya to attend.

Everything was going as per plan, but it was just that day they received the news that Kanak is among the 10 entreprenurs selected for Youth Entrepreneur forum. 18 year old Kanak from childhood had no much interest in studies. Yes she had more than average marks as far as academics went, but her passion was stitiching and embroidery. The Stitiching and Embroidery Bhabo had struggled to teach Sandhya, it came like a magic in her daughter's hand. Kanak mixed and matched old sarees and made contemparory dresses. By the age of 12 itself she was the official designer of entire Hanuman Gali. People came to her with old stuff and she transformed them to new things with her exemplary fashion ideas and stitching skills. Bhabo was very happy with her grand daughter acing her favourite skill. Kanak had given the idea of such recycling of old clothes to new contemporary styles as part of the Young Entrepreneur forum. She had also talked about mixing the old traditional Rajasthani as well as other Indian textile patterns into contemporary clothes. Most of the patterns she gave she mixed the traditions of both North and South bringing completely new flavour to the cloth as well as the dress. Now she wanted Sandhya to come to US.

Sooraj looked at Sandhya. She was in clear confusion. If she denies Ved, Ved will feel for mom at every point something else is more important than him. She had not forgotten the pain she had given for young Ved when she had gone for Mission Mahabali. If she refuses Kanak, she will feel her mom always prefers academic excellence over her artisitic skills. Kanak's achievement was nothing less as she was just 18. But Ved was also doing good as a neuro surgeon and one of the toppers in the university.

" Ok Papa have one idea told Sooraj. " But Ved and Kanak you have to promise me if you accept Papa's rationale of making the decision you will not fight over it

Ved and Kanak looked at each other. They knew if Papa had taken the decision, then that decision will be binding. His rational rarely someone could contest. They knew they will have to agree.

" Yes Papa " telling they ran and sat at either side of Sooraj keeping their head in his lap. Vansh smiled at his warring siblings. Over the years his wound has healed as he saw his father making decisions taking into account every small thing, taking into account everyone's feelings. So somewhere he accepted the decision to give him to his adopted parents was also such a thought about decision where Papa might have been pushed to a corner.

" Ok now listen told Sooraj. " Sandhya didn't attend Ved's graduation convocation. Second Kanak when you go to US, when you make presentation apart from your computer, you might end up needing some practical advise. Your mother does not know head and tail of stitiching or embroidery. Yes she is happy for you. She will be very happy when you start your venture also. You can make her cut the ribbon of your venture when you start one which I am sure you will start soon. But for your programme it is better your dadi accompanies you than your mom. And Sandhya goes for Ved's convocation

Kanak looked up. As usual she couldn't refute what her father told and Ved looked happily.

" Sooraj Beta. I am old. I cant travel to.. Bhabo started

" Bhabo, I am there and when your son is there how can you say you are old, not going to travel. Also your grand daughter is taking your art to new places. You should be there to see that and bless her. You cannot tell no. Whatever needs to be handled in my absence Vansh is equipped to handle it he patted Vansh's shoulders.

Bhabo knew she had to agree to her chora. Also she was very proud of Kanak. Kanak ran to her dadi. Sooraj looked at Sandhya and Sandhya had to appreciate him once again. How easily he always solves the problems that appear complex to her.

Anika - The Incredible 

Deebz

AniKa, What can I say? Even their combined name is pretty! When DABH started, Beaty meets Beast was the popular theme among the other leading shows. Here it was different. AniKa were Beauty meets Beauty from their first frame together! Never before had I seen a lead pair that looked this perfect together. Profile shots from the left, or right, or looking at straight at the camera, did not matter. They looked amazing from every angle. But nothing compared to when they looked at each other. No chemicals were needed. Sparks flew in thin air!!! It was a sweetly sizzling chemistry, mesmerizing and innocent at the same time. This has continued even to this day. AniKa just look flawlessly special together. Maybe it is their features, Anas's angular looks versus Deepika's lovely feminine ones, beautifully complementing each other or the ease with which they do their scenes together. Whatever it is, it is magic! It is the sole reason most of us have been hooked to the show for this long. We never want it to end because AniKa are capable of keeping the charm alive forever. Their eyes speak, their smiles enchant, their togetherness on screen bewitches. AniKa were the perfect casting for the roles of Suraj and Sandhya. They could be several feet apart but the chemistry was palpable across the aangan.. A famous hollywood actress had once said that you have to be a little in love with your leading man to make those scenes look real. Here I would like to believe AniKa were too, just a little bit. (i know it is fantasy but..) It was a bit evident in their shoots together after mission Mahabali. They looked like they had truly missed each other and were happy to be back shooting with each other. Maybe it was just the level of comfort they have working together. No matter what, AniKa will always be remembered as the most charming  and romantic on screen couple!

Wish you the best for Your future Anas and Deepika ! 

ROSY

I quit watching a popular star plus show. and   when i was searching for vms of that show
i accidentally came across dabh title song with promos in youtube.
To the right, ... there were suggested videos and one video was sandhya yelling at suraj
during their first night. I thought what could be the reason behind that
There started my dabh journey, i watched all the episodes, till surya went to ajmer 
( college track), i was a silent member in dabhily till then,
 sindu / Liebe was my first freind in dabhily, from there,  there was no looking back
I have learnt a lot from dabhily, be it art  or  making friends
whenever i would be online i was right here, having a gala time with friends
discussing surya and dabh,  live updates and the discussions after that (PLU)
was my energy booster, will badly miss those golden days,
The forum has give a lot to cherish 
will miss dabh /anika though

spread happiness and stay positive πŸ˜ƒ
Best of luck to all the forum members
During my time here in  dabhily, if  I have hurt anyone Iam sorry 
Good Bye - Thala

You also know it
I also know it
Why Our ways are getting separated
Even after going away from me
Stay in my memories
Never say goodbye

Whatever happiness was there, it's all gone now

Just this sadness won't go away

I tried to make it understand, I tried to persuade it
But This heart of mine is not get any peace
Are these tears or are these fireballs, fire is flowing through my eyes
Never say goodbye

Seasons have come, seasons have gone
The weather of pain has not yet changed
This color of sadness is so deep
Even after years it will not lighten...will not lighten
Who knows what will happen
What more do I have to go through
Never say goodbye

You also know it
I also know it
Why Our ways are getting separated
Even after going away from me
Stay in my memories
Never say goodbye

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SysAdmin thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
amazing thread once again..
thank you so much who all have contributed here.. you guys rock.πŸ‘

sorry i didn't contribute to it..

was going through it with a heavy heart.. 😭😭
and frankly speaking i couldn't able to read entire content.. i simply can't do it.. sorry for this.. 😭😭

i know many of you will feel the same..

still have the same question.. WHY????? 😭

and thala..  what an amazing choice of song.. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by SysAdmin - 7 years ago
dabh9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi all.  Nice thread.Edited by dabh9 - 7 years ago
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you Thala. Goodbye DABH. No words after seeing the episode. Had hopes till the end😭  SSP chose money over morals. Anas and Deepika did justice to their roles till the bitter end. May God bless them for the future. Thank you, the whole cast and crew for a wonderful job.
Thank you friends for letting me be a part of this forum. My best wishes and hugs to you all!  Wish you all success in your endeavors. Good Bye and God Speed!

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing thread Rama and all others who contributed.

There is no need to tell goodbye to the show and the characters.  They will always remain in our memories.
garima22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
what a beautiful thread so many memories... love it...its a unique concept unique show... both deepika nd anas did excpntly well nd well supported by all casts ...what a heart wrenchng apne aap hi ansu aa gye aaj... #proudtobedabhfan
mango-pie thumbnail
Farewell My Dear SurYa..

The last scene Suraj chain and Sandhya's mangalsutra entwined at the twilight backdrop of sun setting... oh my diya baati.. its very heart wrenching... love you My SurYa.. you will be in our memories always... cherish each and every moment of SurYa.. but this is not the fate SurYa deserves.. so cruel SSP.

wonderful farewell thread thala and nice contributions from all the contributors... yes gifs works are amazing.. esp that thank you for non stop entertainment image.. mind blowing work..

Thanks to all the forum members for all the discussions and lovely sweet posts on SurYa which I can read many times till my heart content.
Ranjeeta_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Diya aur Baati Hum - 10th September 2016: Tears and tears are all over, even the police and army are mourning and Bhabo is unable to accept the fact that her SoorajSandhya are going away like this, but time is running and they will have to run by leaving their kids and family, all hearts are heavy but to save all Diya Aur Baati will have to go far. The run has began and on each and every step can see SoorajSandhya hand in hand as if the way is all for them, there was a time when they stop but they did find their way and here Sandhya got hurt but as usual Sooraj did remove those thorns and lifted his Sandhya, on reaching near that river and while going down, both hearts were talking to each other and on that boat they did reached a distance when all the Rathis reached there and finally Bhabo did give her blessings, SoorajSandhya were happy on seeing their family for the last time, there were smiles on their faces but the family members were crying on and on, SoorajSandhya hugged tightly with a big smile and... THE END OF DIYA AUR BAATI... Shashi Sumeet Productions Pvt. Ltd, sorry but this is torture, anyway the real thing is that DIYA AUR BAATI HUM WILL ALWAYS REMAIN FOR SOORAJSANDHYA PORTRAYED BY ANAS RASHID AND DEEPIKA SINGH GOYAL, yes loads of things can change, seasons can come and go but the truth will remain the truth and yes DIYA AUR BAATI HUM IS ANASDEEPIKA AND ONLY THEM as they have proved it, at least for all fans, all the best to all.

Ranjeeta_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Zamaoas thumbnail
I too will miss them,thank you for your inspiring program, but you made us watch for five years... πŸ€—