Dhadkhan - A Zara Yaad Kar Fanfic (Hadi/Uzma)

Shayyani thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hi there. So after the recent episode and a VM I watched, I got this fanfic idea because I'm a desperate Hadi/Uzma shipper despite the unlikeliness of Hadi returning Uzma's feelings consciously. So ZYK fans please check this out.

--

1. Feelings Unspoken Of

Uzma hated as she saw Fahad's face fall when she said so clearly that she was making a compromise but hearing Hadi tell her not to made something in her heart flutter. She didn't understand why her feelings for him would not disappear considering he clearly loved Mahnoor. She waited for Fahad to speak and was surprised when he let out a small laugh.

"Main jaanta tha ke aap khush nahi hain," (I knew you weren't happy) Fahad said softly, looking away to keep from Uzma seeing the tears in his eyes. "Aap usko chahti hain na?" (You love him don't you?)

Uzma looked away, refusing to give a straight answer to that question. "Main kisi aur ko nahi chahti hoon. Bas main aapse shaadi nahi kar sakti." (I don't like anyone else. I just can't marry you.)

Fahad looked away, knowing she wasn't being completely honest with him or with herself but before he could say much more, Uzma's father Bakhtiyar came and the two left. Uzma wrapped her arms around herself wishing she could come up with a decision but she knew Fahad wasn't completely wrong. Hadi saab aap kyun mere dil aur dimaag pe sawar hain jab aap mere ho hi nahi sakte? (Hadi sir why are you always in my heart and mind when you cannot become mine?) Tears fell down her cheeks but she pushed them away. No, she would not cry. She would not be the reason her father would have a bowed head but she felt Fahad deserved to know the truth before they entered into such a precious relationship that was based on trust. Whatever decision he made now she would accept it.

--

Hadi was laying down on his bed and could not stop thinking about Uzma in that dress and the fact that she might be making a compromise. Was what Mahnoor said the truth? That she still loved him? He didn't know about love because the only girl he had ever loved was Mahnoor but he had a lot of respect for Uzma that he didn't for Mahnoor. He didn't know right now what was more important because while he still loved Mahnoor, he wasn't sure how to put her on the high pedestal he had once done. Before he could think too much of it though, Anushe came into the room.

"Kya baat hai?" (What is it?) Hadi asked her.

"Koi Bhaktiyar saab milne ayein hain," (Some Bakhtiyar sir is here to see you) Anushe told him causing Hadi to look a little surprised. Why was Bakhtiyar saab here to see him? Just for a visit? No, that would be odd considering he never usually did so. Maybe Uzma's wedding date had been finalised and he wanted to give him an invitation. Something inside him twisted painfully at the thought of Uzma marrying Fahad and this confused him as to why. He was a good person and Uzma deserved someone amazing. Pushing these thoughts out of his head, he stood up following Anushe outside.

"Salam alaikum," Hadi said, going to embrace Bhaktiyar.

"Walekum asalam," Bhaktiyar said softly returning the embrace although with less enthusiasm than he usually did.

Hadi frowned at this. "Kya hua Uncle? Sab theek hai na?" (What happened Uncle? Everything is ok isn't it?)

Bhaktiyar bowed his head. "Uzma ne Fahad se keh diya hai ke woh yeh rishta mohabbat mein nahi balke samjhata samaj ke nibha rahi hai." (Uzma has said to Fahad that she is not marrying for love but is simply doing it out of compromise)

Hadi raised an eyebrow and was partially glad that Uzma had spoken up but he also felt bad because Bhaktiyar seemed so worried about her right now. He placed a hand on Bhaktiyar's shoulder. "Uncle, woh..." (Uncle, she...)

Bhaktiyar managed a watery smile. "Hadi beta, Uzma ko azaad kardo. Apni mohabbat se azaad kardo. Aur...aur aghar azaad nahi kar sakte toh usse shaadi karlo." (Hadi son, free Uzma. Free her from your love. And...if you can't free her, then marry her.)

Hadi was shocked into silence and wasn't sure what to say considering the truth had never been presented in front of him so bluntly. What was he supposed to say? He liked Uzma, respected her but he didn't know what he could do to help her. If he married her, would he able to give her the rights a wife who doted on him deserved? Not to mention, what would he tell Mahnoor? An irrational part of him said that she had chosen to leave him and he wasn't obligated to being with her but he pushed that aside. She was his khala's daughter...he couldn't just abandon her either even if khala probably would not blame her.

"Uncle..." Hadi began but he didn't know what to say. Maybe he should talk to Uzma. But she had a point back then. He had no right to tell her to stop loving him because she had a right to those feelings and she was finding it difficult to move on. But if he didn't have feelings for Uzma, then why did he feel relieved despite Bhaktiyar's worries that Uzma wasn't getting married to Fahad? There were so many questions in his head. Right now, he wished he had a mother to talk to...maybe he could talk to Khala. She was the closest to a mother he had after all even if she would be biased towards Mahnoor. It was still worth a try.

"Mein chalta hoon, beta," (I'll be going now, son) Bhaktiyar said getting up with the same sad smile. "Mein jaanta hoon tum in donoon mein se kuch bhi nahi kar sakte meri beti ke liye." (I know you can't do either of these two for my daughter.)

"Nahi Uncle," (No Uncle) Hadi said softly, his own eyes watering. "Mein Uzma ki zaroor maddat karoon ga. Uske baray mein sauchoon ga. Bas aap please mujhe dou din de sauchne ke liye." (I will definitely help Uzma. I will think about her. Just please give me two days to think about it.) He would talk to Khala no matter how awkward it was. He needed to because this was a decision he couldn't come to terms with alone. He reached out, giving Bhaktiyar a hug. "Aap parechaan mat houn." (You please don't worry.)

Bhaktiyar hugged him back before pulling away with a smile and leaving. Hadi smiled to himself, happy that he had at least reassured Uzma's father. She was a good girl after all and deserved the best. It would be an honour for any man to marry her because of how pure the girl was. However, he didn't want to enter the relationship if he couldn't keep her happy. This was why a mother's advice was more than necessary right now.