Punishment for a crime

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

"Punish the criminal activity of a person irrespective of any caste and creed. All are equal before law." This is something we read in the books. Is it what happening in practical life? Can law adjust itself to accommodate the crimes of rich and powerful person? Who made these laws which has flexibility to selective people? Are laws under the category of liquid crystals?

These are some of the questions which often rises in the mind of common man. Hope the readers have even more sharp queries!!!!!!!!!

Coming to the topic, the crime can be classified into two broad categories a) mere mistake - unknowing committed and b) planned plot - intentionally done. Both these crimes need punishment but first one should be given the opportunity for redemption while the second one should be severely punished. I have often come across the statement that if we punish the murderer by giving death sentence will the death soul returns. This is not a business to check whether atleast we get our invested amount back if not the profit. This is a lesson for others not to repeat the same. Laws are made not be broken but to be followed strictly.

Again I borrow the lines from Thiruvalluvar's Thirukkural (428)

Anjuva Thanjaamai Pedhaimai Anjuvadhu

Anjal Arivaar Thozhil

Meaning: Its foolish, if we don't fear for what ought to be feared, wise people will fear what should be feared.

Again, on the context of Ram and Ravan fight, Ravan committed the crime of kidnapping Sita and forcing her to marry him and continued it even after given many chances to correct it. He was killed but the killing of the criminal should be such that the others should have fear to repeat the crime.

I liked the way Ram turned furious to murder Ravan and the scene was praise worthy. As far as I remember this crime of kidnapping the woman was not repeated in tetra yug after Ravan, which emphasizes that the death of Ravan had an impact on others who lived in tetra yug.

My appreciation to the cast and crew for the power-packed episode. Hope the end of Ravan is even more brutal. Good acting by both actors Ashish and Karthik. πŸ‘

Till date I liked only SP MB dushasan vadh by Bhima. Hope this one adds in my favourite list. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Note: I don't want to compare with other shows. Last line is to support by previous expectation of seeing brutality in TV shows.πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Ramya how alike. Even I thought about Dushashan vadh when I saw Ram-Ravan fight. My husband had called me sadist because I watched that episode multiple timesπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
See fear of crime has to be there. So the punishment has to be cruel. Who will fear raping a woman when our law allowed the most brutal of the lot to go scott free just because he didn't turn 18.
And yesterday's episode showed Ram brutal, real brutal, especially the last part where he remembered what Ravan has done to his wife.
If the so called laws don't deliver justice, it will not be long before people take justice in their hand. As only a person who suffered knows the pain. Not the human right activists sitting in A/C rooms and arguing for the criminals.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@Shruthi: You tooπŸ˜†. I don't know how many times I watched the dushasan vadh episode as I have the download with meπŸ˜‰. I certainly have sadistic pleasure in watching itπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
You are right, I don't like any kind of reservation even under 18 (juvenile act) is also a kind of reservation. All should be punished for their intentionally committed crime.

Your last para is picture perfect.
On a lighter note: I have a feeling these human right organisation members may either be a partner in crime or gets some favor in return. πŸ˜‰
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I loved yesterday's fight because of the emotions.
Both the actors brought it on full force on their face.
😊
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayvenk

I loved yesterday's fight because of the emotions.

Both the actors brought it on full force on their face.
😊

True, which even brought me back to forum discussion😊
mnx12 thumbnail
Nice topic Ramya. I was thinking about the root cause of Ram- Ravan fight. Will be puting in a different topic shortly. Do share your views there. πŸ˜ƒ
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Nice topic Ramya. I was thinking about the root cause of Ram- Ravan fight. Will be puting in a different topic shortly. Do share your views there. πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you Meena.
Sure, will do😊
mnx12 thumbnail
Here, How it all started...
Thanks 😊
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
@ Ramya and Shruthi Ravi...I was surprised to see a kural quoted for a Hindi serial...but how apt it is when we think of the justice system. Arasan and kolvaan Deyvam nindru kollum they say(A monarchs metes out his punishment immediately the divine gives you time to repent).
The legal system in India has become a joke when abduction rape and running over hapless people is concerned. With money and fame people wield great power to bend the justice system. Talvar portrayed it very powerfully.
It is tales like these and the poetic justice that soothes the consciousness of folks like us i think .
I condone violence yet the conclusion of Bajirao Singam, Kahani and Asthitva i have watched several times as i feel there is a vindication in the story.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonwearer

@ Ramya and Shruthi Ravi...I was surprised to see a kural quoted for a Hindi serial...but how apt it is when we think of the justice system. Arasan and kolvaan Deyvam nindru kollum they say(A monarchs metes out his punishment immediately the divine gives you time to repent).

The legal system in India has become a joke when abduction rape and running over hapless people is concerned. With money and fame people wield great power to bend the justice system. Talvar portrayed it very powerfully.
It is tales like these and the poetic justice that soothes the consciousness of folks like us i think .
I condone violence yet the conclusion of Bajirao Singam, Kahani and Asthitva i have watched several times as i feel there is a vindication in the story.

Most often I used to quote a kural in my post. Thirukkural can be quoted very well in both Ramayan and mahabharath.
Arasan andru Kolvan deivam nindru kollum is not w.r.t time. It means the one who gives the punishment is not the king but its the God.
Yes, agreed the laws are there but are not implied.
Regarding the movies you mentioned, sorry I don't know about them but from your post I think they highlight these points.
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 8 years ago