Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Lakshman experiencing guilt for maiming Shurpanakha was poorly done by CVs. Till the very beginning, they have shown him as a man who disrespected women, and that is so far from the truth, it's so very wrong.

And people tend to misunderstand Lakshman cutting Shurpanakha's nose, and the argument that Sita can take care of herself doesn't hold water. Of course Sita can, but she was weaponless at that moment and Shurpanakha was attacking her from nowhere. In a moment like that, how is anyone to protect themselves?

What was Sita to do? Tell Shurpanakha, "Hey gal, hang on just a second while I go fetch a sword. Then we can fight fairly." Like yeah right! 🤣

At that moment, protecting Sita was Lakshman's foremost duty. He was protecting her not because he thought women could not protect themselves, but because his mother was being attacked.

What son would not protect their mother? Wouldn't we protect our parents when they are in danger, or would we tell them, "you guys are able to protect yourselves, so I'll just stand here doing nothing." If anyone attacked my parents, I would protect them with my life, even if it means having to kill, and to hell with anyone who tells me to stand aside and watch them being attacked, just because they could take care of themselves.

Not everything is an attack on womankind. Like Lakshman told Ram, his attack on Shurpanakha is similar to Ram killing Tataka. They punished both women because they were unrighteous and committed crimes. Whether man or woman, adharma is punished equally.

If Lakshman punished Shurpanakha, he killed Meghnaad too. In fact, he spared Shurpanakha with her life and simply maimed her. He was kinder to her than most would be.
hubleylake444 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Lakshman experiencing guilt for maiming Shurpanakha was poorly done by CVs. Till the very beginning, they have shown him as a man who disrespected women, and that is so far from the truth, it's so very wrong.

And people tend to misunderstand Lakshman cutting Shurpanakha's nose, and the argument that Sita can take care of herself doesn't hold water. Of course Sita can, but she was weaponless at that moment and Shurpanakha was attacking her from nowhere. In a moment like that, how is anyone to protect themselves?

What was Sita to do? Tell Shurpanakha, "Hey gal, hang on just a second while I go fetch a sword. Then we can fight fairly." Like yeah right! 🤣

At that moment, protecting Sita was Lakshman's foremost duty. He was protecting her not because he thought women could not protect themselves, but because his mother was being attacked.

What son would not protect their mother? Wouldn't we protect our parents when they are in danger, or would we tell them, "you guys are able to protect yourselves, so I'll just stand here doing nothing." If anyone attacked my parents, I would protect them with my life, even if it means having to kill, and to hell with anyone who tells me to stand aside and watch them being attacked, just because they could take care of themselves.

Not everything is an attack on womankind. Like Lakshman told Ram, his attack on Shurpanakha is similar to Ram killing Tataka. They punished both women because they were unrighteous and committed crimes. Whether man or woman, adharma is punished equally.

If Lakshman punished Shurpanakha, he killed Meghnaad too. In fact, he spared Shurpanakha with her life and simply maimed her. He was kinder to her than most would be.

RamKiJanaki, in general, I do love SKR, and I know you don't. 😆 And that's alright. 😊 But I did feel the same as you about the handling of Lakshman. Not every attack is an attack on womanhood. Really...what was he to do when Surpnakha was attacking Sita? It is an instinctive reaction to protect. It was just the same as Ram killing Taraka. I agree. Lakshman being blamed for all kinds of things...not right. Him killing himself out of guilt did not feel right. It made him look like a criminal. That was very strange.

I am not knowledgeable about the various versions of Ramayan. But you do seem to be aware of the various stories and versions. It just does not feel nice that he died or attainted samadhi and his family did not even know?? They don't even mention it or react?

Can you tell me two things that are confusing me?

1. Do Urmila and the rest get to know that Lakshman has left the physical world? Or did that remain unknown to them? How does it go in most stories?

2. And what happens to Urmila, Mandavi and Shrutkirti? They go live in Mithila?

Thanks! 😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: hubleylake444

RamKiJanaki, in general, I do love SKR, and I know you don't. 😆 And that's alright. 😊 But I did feel the same as you about the handling of Lakshman. Not every attack is an attack on womanhood. Really...what was he to do when Surpnakha was attacking Sita? It is an instinctive reaction to protect. It was just the same as Ram killing Taraka. I agree. Lakshman being blamed for all kinds of things...not right. Him killing himself out of guilt did not feel right. It made him look like a criminal. That was very strange.

I am not knowledgeable about the various versions of Ramayan. But you do seem to be aware of the various stories and versions. It just does not feel nice that he died or attainted samadhi and his family did not even know?? They don't even mention it or react?

Can you tell me two things that are confusing me?

1. Do Urmila and the rest get to know that Lakshman has left the physical world? Or did that remain unknown to them? How does it go in most stories?

2. And what happens to Urmila, Mandavi and Shrutkirti? They go live in Mithila?

Thanks! 😊

Hey!

I liked SKR in the beginning, thought it had great potential, but as an ardent Ram bhakt, I've been disappointed with the treatment of Ram, Sita and Lakshman in this show.

For some reason, every action by the characters is shown as an attack on womankind, when it really wasn't.

I'm happy to clear your doubts for you.

According to Valmiki Ramayana, which is the original version of the epic:

Lakshman does jal samadhi. He does not commit suicide like shown in this show.

Actually the whole parityaag sequence is very different. Ram did not abandon Lakshman. Raja Ram sacrificed Prince Lakshman. It was only the formal relationship that was sacrificed, not brother to brother.

Lakshman's incarnation was simply over, so he did jal samadhi and shed his mortal body before assuming his divine form, in the exact same way Ram did soon after. The way Ram became Maha Vishnu after his jal samadhi, so did Lakshman become Sesh Naag.

Everyone was aware of his jal samadhi. They all saw him enter Sarayu and regain his divine form. It was a known fact.

As for Urmila, Mandavi and Shrutakirti, SKR did another big distortion by showing them alive.

According to Valmiki Ramayan and other major sources, the three sisters died soon after the three mothers. They were blessed to be suhaagans, so they could never become widows. They all died before any of the four brothers took samadhi, so there is no question of them remaining behind. 😳 Just as the three brothers were Vishnu ansh, the three sisters were also Mahalakshmi ansh, and can Mahalakshmi ever become a widow, in any of her incarnations? No right?

I actually wrote an OS based on the Mahaprayaan of Valmiki Ramayana, where I highlighted all the facts written in the epic through the form of a fic. Only difference is that I made them all aware of their divinity, to show that this is all Narayan's leela.

Do check it out if you're interested.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4743013
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 7 years ago
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
As we arrive to the very last episode of SKR I feel disappointed in the way feminism was portrayed.
A bus load of crap was shown in uttarakand.
Nikhil sinha really needs to understand women before he starts his next project. He knows two extremes I guess. They cook or they preach.

But for me the worst was the suicide
There is a huge difference between samadhi and suicide.
Samadhi is taken in a calm and with a complete understanding that we have completed the task for which we were born. Very few can do that. They need to be divine to take that step.

Suicide is done when the mind is not steady filled with guilt and negativities which is something laxman was NOT.

💔
asmitag thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Suicide is attempted using various ways available to end the life of body while the SAMADHI is attained at will just by the act of meditation .Suicide and Samadhi are different.
hubleylake444 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Hey!

I liked SKR in the beginning, thought it had great potential, but as an ardent Ram bhakt, I've been disappointed with the treatment of Ram, Sita and Lakshman in this show.

For some reason, every action by the characters is shown as an attack on womankind, when it really wasn't.

I'm happy to clear your doubts for you.

According to Valmiki Ramayana, which is the original version of the epic:

Lakshman does jal samadhi. He does not commit suicide like shown in this show.

Actually the whole parityaag sequence is very different. Ram did not abandon Lakshman. Raja Ram sacrificed Prince Lakshman. It was only the formal relationship that was sacrificed, not brother to brother.

Lakshman's incarnation was simply over, so he did jal samadhi and shed his mortal body before assuming his divine form, in the exact same way Ram did soon after. The way Ram became Maha Vishnu after his jal samadhi, so did Lakshman become Sesh Naag.

Everyone was aware of his jal samadhi. They all saw him enter Sarayu and regain his divine form. It was a known fact.

As for Urmila, Mandavi and Shrutakirti, SKR did another big distortion by showing them alive.

According to Valmiki Ramayan and other major sources, the three sisters died soon after the three mothers. They were blessed to be suhaagans, so they could never become widows. They all died before any of the four brothers took samadhi, so there is no question of them remaining behind. 😳 Just as the three brothers were Vishnu ansh, the three sisters were also Mahalakshmi ansh, and can Mahalakshmi ever become a widow, in any of her incarnations? No right?

I actually wrote an OS based on the Mahaprayaan of Valmiki Ramayana, where I highlighted all the facts written in the epic through the form of a fic. Only difference is that I made them all aware of their divinity, to show that this is all Narayan's leela.

Do check it out if you're interested.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4743013

Thank you!😊 That does make me feel better to hear about how Lakshman went, and not alone in a forest, feeling guilty & miserable. Phew! And it does feel better to know that Bharat and Shatrughan didn't leave their wives behind without a thought about them. The wives left even before the husbands. That does feel a lot better.

I read your story about the end. And I liked it. 😊 I had thought that was fiction...so what you wrote was how it happened in Valmiki Ramayan, except that in your story they were aware of their divinity. Otherwise the story is the same? I am not familiar with the abbreviations...lol...what does "OS" mean?

Thanks again! ❤️

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: naq5

from which version has this Laxman stabbing himself taken from?

*unknown *most authentic **version 😉
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinnas

*unknown *most authentic **version 😉

Oh Vinnas..absolutely!!

You see, SKR is indeed the most authentic version of the Ramayana that has ever existed - I'm sure even Valmiki & Tulsidas themselves would agree to it 😉
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
on the eve of the last episode of this heavily distorted, dismembered and disgusting version of ramayan, i wish the makers of this show (so not) siya ke (so not) ram to not make another mytho show anytime soon because most of us do not have any strength to tolarate the extream level of creative liberty.
Edited by Arijit007 - 7 years ago
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What the hell , yesterday episode was !!!! 🤬
No one even got to know that Lakshman has died.
And the most important thing that no one even utters Lakshman's name except Hanuman who was unknown of the incident.
Atleast they should have shown Ram's reaction on news of Lakshman's death. After Lakshman's death only , ram was devastated and also his duties on earth were completed , so he took jal samadhi along his brothers Bharat and Shatrughan.
Here , Ram who was so emotional for lakshman they before yesterday, all the love and concern gone for Lakshman after he left the palace.
So much inconsistency, first showing him emotional for lakshman and then , not giving a damn about his whereabouts. 🤢
If not even ram ordering servants to search for lakshman as in SKR , Ram abandon his brother lakshman , not prince lakshman 🤢. I would like to see that someone whether a citizen or hanuman coming to Ram informing him about Lakshman's death.
Here , no one even cares a damn for him once he left the palace , it's seems that everyone has forgetten him !!! 🤢

Not even Urmila , didn't she knew that Lakshman can't live without his brother Ram , how can she expect that Lakshman will be well going in the forest , she also didn't ask the servants to search for Lakshman for she want to know whether her husband is fine or not. So much hard she was trying to stop lakshman when he didn't left , fainting , begging , but when her role was actually needed , she was quiet. 🤢

Seriously, most authentic version it is ... 🤢

SKR HAS DONE A BIG INJUSTICE TO THE CHARACTER OF LAKSHMAN IN THE SHOW !!!!! 😭 🤢
Edited by LakshmanMila..1 - 7 years ago