Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
knowing all this distortions in this show I'm very happy about my local channel(maa tv) decision of shifting timeslot of the dubbed version(Janaki Ramudu) which previously airing at 9:30pm slot after vanwas starting it changed to 8:00am slot which is not convenient to watch by many viewers πŸ‘ ..
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Just read the spoiler

Is Sita turning into Kali to kill Raavan part of any Ramyana(Valmiki or Tulsidas)?Or is this purely CV's imagination?
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it's from the adbhuta ramayana, and they are not showing even that correctly.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Arijit007

it's from the adbhuta ramayana, and they are not showing even that correctly.

But how has it been potrayed in adbhuta ramayana,isnt Kali an avataar of Paarvati so how can Sita turn into Kali?and if she could then why didnt she protect herself in the first place?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Shivam...

Its more Like Showing Mahabharat From Subhadras's POV and Making her Accountable for each and every event on and off the battlefielldπŸ˜†

SKR version is the first Version I have seen where each new episode Condradicts its own earlier episodes.πŸ˜†

Don't give these CVs idea for another show after SKR ends. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Subhadra Ke Arjun, in which Subhadra is responsible for every event in Mahabharat. πŸ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

Just read the spoiler

Is Sita turning into Kali to kill Raavan part of any Ramyana(Valmiki or Tulsidas)?Or is this purely CV's imagination?

It is from Adbhuta Ramayana only, and that is a version of Ramayan that portrays Ram as lesser than Sita. In that version, Ram is shown inferior in many places, not just in the Bhadrakali story.

This is how it goes in Adbhuta Ramayana.

The Adbhuta Ramayana occupies a very singular place in the history of Ramayana renditions both in India and other parts of the world where a plausible Ramayana culture has existed at some point of time in the past, or does even now in the present. The clear reason for this is the unique twist in the plot that this text incorporates, different and distinct from the usual Rama-kills-Ravana plot of the mainstream Ramayana narrative. In the narrative of the Adbhuta Ramayana, there are two Ravanas, one of them the Ravana we all know, the ten headed demon king of Lanka. The other one is a Ravana more capable and powerful than this ten headed demon, a thousand headed demon king who lives in the mystical land of Pushkara. It is this thousand headed demon who defeats and renders Rama immobile, along with his brothers, beneath a mountain peak. And it is this Ravana whom Sita slays, engaging him first in combat and then assuming a terrifying, destructive form as the dark goddess Kali. During her assumption of this mystical aspect of feminine power usually identified with the more warlike goddess-partner of the god of destruction, Shiva, Sita identifies herself as Shivaa, the feminine aspect of Shiva, and the inherent power in all created things, animate or inanimate. Rama does not see her greatness until she allows him to behold her capabilities and her greatness. In the end, this demi-god hero so widely known as being all-powerful and mighty in arms succumbs before his wife, the seemingly demure Sita, who, as the narrative goes, is not all that she seems to be. In Saudamini Devi's poetic rendition in Bengali, this entire discourse between Rama, Sita and a few other characters like Hanuman and Shiva happens in between the seventeenth and twenty sixth sarga of the narrative.
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This is the problem now. If choosing one textual source, why not be consistent with it?

Why make a khichdi of everything - and mess up the epic completely?

Like, if Sita transforms to Bhadra Kali - the agnipariksha and Uttar Kand will have no meaning now.

And, even if both do get included, the circumstances and narrative of the agnipariksha and Uttar Kand will now have to be compulsorily changed from the epic.

Sita's turmoil extended even after the war - let's not forget that.

So, how will CVs portray the agnipariksha and Uttar Kand as "difficult" events for THIS Sita?
Edited by lexy_rix - 8 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
By blaming Lakshman, of course πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I have a new idea of agnipariskha. What if they show Star Lakshmana giving Star Rama the idea of agnipariksha, instead of it being Shri Rama who tells Lakshmana that a pyre should be prepared πŸ˜‰
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Distortion Thread 5... This must be the most distortion I have ever seen...

I haven't watched the last three episodes fully - mainly because I got so distracted and the episodes miserably failed in holding my attention...
Earlier, when it was Ramayan, all my tiredness and sleep will be forgotten even if I have to come awake in the middle of the night and watch it with glee...

But now, I don't even want to switch on the TV 🀒

One of the main aspects of Ramayan that I loved was archery... Its practically non-existent in this series... Did they think that Ram and Lakshman carry bows for show or something? Agreed, they were well versed with many weapons and could fight with any... But there is a reason that they had a bow ready in hand 😳

And wow... after all that pounding, I almost feel sorry for Ravan... Although, the video and choreography was good it hardly seemed like Ramayan to me, hence, I could not digest it as Ramayan and basically watched it like any other soap that I would watch half-heartedly...

Good acting by both the actors playing Ram and Ravan but it hardly feels like the actual war in those days...

And what on Earth are they creating Sahasra Ravan for? To protect/save Ravan or to avenge him (Wow! They know that poor guy in almost dreadlocks is doomed... Yes, I am talking about Ravan...)

Every character has been butchered beyond recognition and now even logic seems to have taken a long vacation from Siya Ke Ram πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

I haven't watched today's episode at all...
Edited by Vibhishna - 8 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Vibhishna, I too watch Ramayan for the archery.

Sword fighting and physical fighting are traits of battles today...back in the ancient era, archery and mace fighting were the main forms of battle.

Ram was called a veer dhanurdhari for a reason. Even Ravan was a dhanurdhari. Their battle was the battle between two powerful dhanurdharis. The world was in awe at the expertise with which they both threw arrows at each other.

Showing Ram and Ravan fighting without bow and arrow is like showing Karna and Arjuna from Mahabharat fighting without bow and arrow.

Certain warriors in the epics were famous for certain weaponry. Deviating from that looks lame.

Lord Ram was not Ram at all yesterday. He was like some crazed warrior. He was not my dheer, veer Raghuveer. He was not the God I look up to, the one I take as an ideal example for patience and endurance.