Why did we grow up? | A Million-dollar question

Milaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi friends,
This is my humble attempt to showcase the bond shared between Urmila and Sita.
They were not blood sisters but they shared a intimate and inseparable relationship which even two biological sisters do not share. ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜บ๏ธ

Why did we grow up? | A Million-dollar question

Sita decided to go to the forest accompanying Ram. Lakshman too had decided to accompany Ram. Urmila wanted to go too but later decided to stay behind on Lakshman's request as he would not be able to devote himself completely to the service of Ram and Sita if she went along with him.

But this news of Lakshman accompanying Ram leaving behind Urmila horrified Sita. She rushed to Lakshman and tried to convince him not to do so but all her efforts were in vain.

Dejected and disappointed, Sita left to her sister's room.

She stepped inside Urmila's room to see nothing but darkness everywhere. It was very dark that she had to ensure twice whether her eyes were open. As she moved forward, a feeble but strong beam of light escaped into the room from the partially closed balcony doors. She marched towards the balcony and opened the carelessly shut doors to see Urmila sitting amid a dozen of lighted oil lamps, gazing the stars in the sky as though she was trying to count them.

Urmila turned back because of the creaking sound let out by the doors when pushed and looked up to see her sister. Her eyes were brimming with tears and she was trying her best to hold back her tears.

Sita couldn't take this pain of looking at her sister pained any longer, she bursted out.

"Urmila, my sister, what have you done to yourself ? Why did you accept Lakshman's request ?"

Urmila listened to her sister carefully and patiently but she didn't utter a word. Sita continued to talk.

"I tried to convince him but he didn't listen. He should not be doing this. This is wrong. He should not leave you like this."

Urmila couldn't hold back anymore.

"Sister, Are you not doing the same to me? Aren't you leaving me too? " asked Urmila as tears found their way down her cheeks, as the emotions brimmed over abruptly and she started to cry, asking Sita a million-dollar question.

"Sister, Why did we grow up? Everything was perfect when we were kids. Why can't we just fix our hearts like our broken toys? It feels like I woke up into a nightmare."

Her pain was unendurable and implacable.

Sita felt a pang of guilt and remorse seeing her sister's emotional outburst. She sat down next to her sister and wiped her tears. The tears didn't seem to stop.

"I am sorry. I am very sorry. Please forgive me Urmila" said Sita wrapping her arms around her sister.

"Don't be. Please." assured Urmila as she wiped her tears and hugged her sister and continued.

"Don't be sorry sister. Neither you nor my husband is at any fault. This is my destiny and destiny cannot be changed."

Sita assured her saying " No Urmila. This is not your destiny. Your destiny is just delayed not denied."

Urmila nodded her head gently as a faint smile of belief and hope adorned her face.

Sita reassured her by placing a kiss on her forehead and she then left her sister behind in the room for the exile, for fourteen long years.

Do let me know how it was without fail please ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Milaksh - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anokhisharma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This os is so beautifully written
I could feel it,, I felt as if I was seeing the events right in front of my eyes
It was amazing dear
Milaksh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anokhisharma

This os is so beautifully written
I could feel it,, I felt as if I was seeing the events right in front of my eyes
It was amazing dear

Thank you so much dear ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I Love reading ur comment in every work of mine...โค๏ธ
Thank u ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As always , you have penned down a brllliant Piece
Your works fill the void in Lakshmila Fans like Me who arent getting any scenes on television

Great work indeed , Pls carry on

_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful title with even more beautiful story
Thanks for sharing this story with us
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful. Yes when responsibilities come we are forced with choices and the choices sometimes is never easy
SenAnu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Its beautiful dear!!
The emotional bonding between the two sisters was impeccable and i hope we get to see this kind of a bond in the show too!

Lovely!
Anokhisharma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Milaksh

Thank you so much dear๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I Love reading ur comment in every work of mine...โค๏ธ
Thank u๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

I luv all ur works โค๏ธ
sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was emotional dear... we all have asked this question in our life atleast once..'y did v grow up'?
Milaksh thumbnail
Thank u so much everyone...
for this overwhelming response..๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I get the desire to write more only by reading ur commentsโญ๏ธ

thank u dears๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ƒ