Kubool Hai (I Accept) - A Judaai fanfic

Shayyani thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

So I was recently watching Judai and I kinda am disappointed Hamza right now cause you know he's nowhere near as lovable as he was before but I love the Zariyan x Manahil couple so this story is basically a Zariyan x Manahil with hints of both Hamza x Manahil friendship/romance and past of Hamza x Zaina. Despite all the bad that Hamza has done, I really liked Hamza and Zaina's love story and hope he can redeem himself.

--

1. Better Late than Never

Manahil sat next to Hamza, her veil falling to the side, looking to her to-be husband and met his eyes and he smiled at her as it was time for the nikah. Heart fluttering in her chest, she wondered if all this was really right. Thinking of the moments her and Zariyan shared together were so much more precious to her than her bond with Hamza.

"Beti, aapko yeh nikah kubool hai?" (Daughter, do you accept this marriage?) The question was finally asked and it was if everything had stopped right then and there. Manahil looked up and her eyes interlocked with Zariyan's. His face was pale and he quickly looked away when their eyes met, however she had seen her own pain reflected in them even as the question was asked again.

"N-nahi," (No) Manahil's voice shook and tears prickled down her cheeks as she said this. She could feel her mother glaring at her but ignored this. For once, she was going to think about herself. She had always helped Hamza and Zariyan when they needed it, she didn't deserve this. "Mujhe yeh nikah kubool nahi hai. Main Hamza ko sirf ek acha dost samajti hoon. Lekhin mohabbat mein kisi aur se karti hoon." (I do not accept this marriage. I only think of Hamza as a good friend. But I love someone else.)

Maher seemed to be in shock and stepped forward. "Beti, yeh tum kya keh rahi ho? Tumhari ammi ne toh kaha tha ke tum aur Hamza ek dusre ko pasand karte ho." (Daughter, what are you saying? Your mother said that you and Hamza both liked each other.)

"Yeh toh bas dar rahi hai Ammi, pata nahi isse..." (She's just afraid, Mom, I don't know what...) Hamza began, face having gone pale but Manahil cut him off.

"Nahi, Hamza," (No, Hamza,) Manahil said, voice still a little shaky. "Maher aunty, mujhe maaf kardein. Mein aapko dukh nahi paunchana chahti thi, lekhin Ammi aur Hamza ne mere paas aur koi chara nahi chora. Main Zariyan se mohabbat karti hoon. Baut mohabbat karti hoon. Papa..." (Maher Aunty, please forgive me. I never wanted to cause you any pain but Mom and Hamza left me no other choice. I'm in love with Zariyan. I love him a lot. Papa...) Manahil turned to her father, tears running down her cheeks. He had sensed that she wasn't entirely happy but right now he seemed a mixture of confused and shocked. Of course, everyone had seen how close her and Hamza were but that was simply friendship and nothing more. She wanted to look at Zariyan but couldn't right now. She had taken this risk for the both of them.

No one seemed to speak but Junaid reached out, pulling his daughter into a hug and Manahil broke down then into tears. Zaina left her brother's side to go to Manahil's side, touching her shoulder as the young woman cried. Zariyan didn't know what to say. He was trying to control his expression but couldn't seem to keep a flicker of happiness out of his face. Junaid looked at his wife with disappointment in his eyes before looking at Zariyan.

"Zariyan, idhar aao," (Zariyan, come here) Junaid said softly. Zaina looked towards her brother who slowly walked towards them, head bowed down.

"Junaid Uncle..." Zariyan began but Junaid cut him off.

"Tum Manahil se pyaar karte ho?" (Do you love Manahil?) Junaid said and Manahil looked at Zariyan. He had to support her now. She had spoken up in front of everyone for his sake - for their sake. If he didn't support her now, he really would lose her forever. She felt Zaina squeeze her shoulder but her heart kept beating too fast for her to control.

Zariyan on the other hand had no idea what to say. Hamza was glaring at him as was Manahil's mother but Zaina was glowering at him. He knew if he said no now he would ruin everything but he couldn't bear that look on Maher aunty's face either. He looked away.

"Ji, karta hoon main Manahil se mohabbat," (Yes, I do love Manahil) Zariyan said softly before quickly looking up. "Maher Aunty itni khush thi is rishte se. Humhari waja se Maher Aunty ne baut dukh dekhein hain, woh itni khush thi aur aap logoon ko bhi Hamza baut pasand tha toh..." (Maher Aunty was so happy with this proposal. Because of us, she's seen a lot of sorrow, she was so happy and you liked Hamza too so...)

"Nahi betay," (No son) Maher said softly. "Manahil ki shaadi Hamza se ho ya tumse ho banegi toh woh mere ghar ki bahu na? Zariyan, tum bhi mere betay ho, tumhe itni bari kurbaani denay ki zaroorat nahi hai. Aur Manahil tum toh mujhse kuch keh sakti thi na?" (Whether Manahil marries Hamza or she marries you, she will still become my daughter-in-law won't she? Zariyan, you are also my son, you don't need to make such a big sacrifice. And Manahil, you could have said something to me too, couldn't you?)

Zariyan had no reply to that and Manahil could not stop her tears however Manahil's mother, Saman finally moved forward, about to slap Manahil but Junaid grabbed her hand.

"Bas Saman, bas," (Enough, Saman, enough) Junaid said sternly. "Tumne humhari bachi ke saath baut zulm kiya hai. Aur sirf Manahil ke saath nahi tumne Hamza ke saath bhi baut zulm kiya hai." (You've been very cruel to our daughter. And not only with Manahil but you've been cruel to Hamza too.) He didn't give her a chance to retort and he moved Manahil into Zaina's arms who held the crying girl before moving to Zariyan's side and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Zariyan, aaj meri beti ki shaadi hai," (Zariyan, it is my daughter's wedding today) Junaid said softly. "Aur uski shaadi ho gi. Zariyan, kya aaj issi waqt tum Manahil se nikah karne ke liye tayar ho?" (And her wedding will happen. Zariyan, are you willing to do nikah right at this time with Manahil today?) He looked into Zariyan's eyes.

Zariyan felt his heart race and he looked at the girl he loved crying in his sister's arms. Hamza had begun to shout and protest but he tuned that out as Haider and Aliya tried to comfort him. All Zariyan could see right now was Manahil. He turned back to Junaid Uncle.

"Ji Uncle," (Yes Uncle) Zariyan said softly. "Main Manahil se nikah karoon ga." (I will do nikah with Manahil)

Junaid put a hand on Zariyan's hand and looked at Manahil. "Beti ab apne aansoon paunch lo." (Daughter, wipe away your tears now.)

Manahil did so, looking at Saman. "Ammi mujhe maaf kardein, main Hamza ke saath khush nahi reh paati. I'm sorry." (Mom forgive me, I would not be able to stay happy with Hamza. I'm sorry) She wiped away her tears and took her mother's hand but her mother pulled away and Manahil didn't say anything. Her mother had a right to be angry. But what was worse was when Hamza stormed out of the room. She did feel guilty for doing this to him but at the same time it was better for him too. She knew deep inside, he still loved Zaina even if he wouldn't admit it out loud. As Zariyan sat besides her, her eyes met his and she felt as if she would lose herself in his eyes forever. She was glad she had spoken up when she had and now when she said the words "Kubool Hai (I accept)" she would mean them with her whole heart.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shayyani thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Was thinking of updating this soon...does no one like it? :(