India's first olympic medal in Rio, what a game of Karma

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
You might be thinking why I put this post in this forum. Because I felt the first medal of India in the Rio Olympics has all the trade mark of the ultimate Prakriti prevailing, mocking at Sanskriti. What better place to put such an event in a forum where Karma and the interaction of Prakriti-Sanskriti is intensively discussed.
Sakshi Malik a wrestler from Haryana wins the first bronze medal for India in Rio Olympics. Note the point till now we didn't had any medals in Rio. And I guess most of us have left hope also. And when it comes, it comes from a woman from a state where babies are killed in womb due to sex selective abortion.
A state where woman is the secondary citizen, where rights are denied to them. They are only for producing babies that too male.
From that state a girl stands in the podium at the pinnacle of world sports and in her name flies the Tricolor in Rio. The only time it has happened this time in the Olympics.
Braving the odds stacked against her, braving the Sanskriti that wanted to chain her in every moment this girl fought towards glory.
Let her victory brings some change in attitude towards girls in that state. Even if one changes that itself is an achievement for Sakshi Malik which is beyond that Olympic podium which will allow a girl to be born.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She made a comeback from 0-5 down to win the bout 8-5

Great resolute shown by her

Hard Work and Dedication always reap fruits

Even others Like Dipa and all other athletes , they have put in their effort , if not this time , maybe in another event in future they will definately grab podium finish
Edited by Shivam... - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Shivam. I watched the highlights in twitter. One great resolve. Her story is that of grit in a very very patriarchal society of Haryana
I had always said, if you want to fight the system, fight it within system. It will be more constructive than outright destructive rebellion. It will be more personally satisfying too.
This is one great example of fighting within the system and carving out an identity
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Last few secs were...

Coming to ur post
I saw a similar tweet from ShewagπŸ˜‰

Virender Sehwag @virendersehwag

#SakshiMalik is a reminder of what cn happn if u don't kill a girl child.When d going gets tough,its our girls who get going &save our pride

Also there is one more girl who might fetch us a different color medalπŸ˜‰

India's second medal could be probably from her

Go Sindhu win it

But u win it or lose it, u will fight for it and that's what matters

Just like Dipa did

Proud of Indian Olympians,specially the girls out there

shruthiravi thumbnail
@Mano I have not purposefully talked about that girl πŸ˜†. Let us give her peace of mind. She needs that now the most πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Sehwag has rightly commented. Also the TOI and NDTV has given the coverage in similar lines. Podium finish for Haryana girl. They have very much highlighted what Haryana is famous for
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hearty congratulations to the winner of the medal for her hard work. I solute to her parents who braved against all the odds in shaping their daughter to brave the circumstances and emerge victorious. I solute to their bravery who would have to bear the insult and ugly comments for making their daughter a wrestler (a field man think they monopolize).

It is easy for anyone to make their daughters an Engineer and a doctor or an advocate but it is really takes a great sense of responsibility and strength to make them athletes or Wrestlers. As the message goes " Who are we? Indians... What do we want? A medal in Olympics...What do we want our child to be??????????? Engineer and Doctor.

Hope we get more and more such dedicated and resolutioned children to touch the sky with their efforts and victory.

Mano.M thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Mano I have not purposefully talked about that girl πŸ˜†. Let us give her peace of mind. She needs that now the most πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Sehwag has rightly commented. Also the TOI and NDTV has given the coverage in similar lines. Podium finish for Haryana girl. They have very much highlighted what Haryana is famous for

That's right, too much pressureπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
mnx12 thumbnail
Congrats to Sakshi. πŸ‘β­οΈ
Her parents are to be applauded too for her achievement. πŸ‘
Hope we get some more medals today. πŸ‘πŸΌ

shruthiravi thumbnail
@jaya loved your last line. Everything is fine when the other person's son or daughter does it. They can be athletes, soldiers, NGO worker etc.. my child as you rightly said only on those chosen field.
Then we have self styled columnists who thinks it is their right to comment on things they barely have knowledge of.
I saw a beautiful tweet " Selfie of Shame with the columnists photo and selfie of pride with Sakshi's photo
Mano.M thumbnail
PV Sindhu became the first Indian woman shuttler to enter the final of Badminton singles in Olympics.

Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago