Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
I have no problem with a guy as old as Urwa's character wanting to get married. The issue arises when he is married himself. He has not told the complete truth to Azra. I really doubt she knows that he is still married. He has kept Ameena in the dark. She assumes that they are finally happy and have been for years. And then he goes taunting/yelling at his son for wanting to get married. I mean yes, he is TOO young if you ask me, but he is the younger version on you. You can't be that thick headed as to not see it!
Towards the beginning of the show, I couldn't stand Sohail. I think now he is my favorite, especially after what I saw in the precap. Everyone should get a friend like Sohail.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

It is confirmed. last episode is coming this Teusday.
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: awida

It is confirmed. last episode is coming this Teusday.

What so unexpected
Simz786 thumbnail
Simz786 thumbnail
Aww nice ending - urwa repayed the favour of sohail, ditched azra, happy life. I wish they showed urwa's sons wedding!

Choti si zindagi wala dialogue best tha
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Sohail and Armeena are gonna be my abs favs from
this show and despite all of Urwas nonsense this show was a sweet watch with a diff flavour to it!
Edited by -RD- - 7 years ago
Simz786 thumbnail
I loved loved sohail armeenas relationship & urwa used to get jealous when she used to feed him food etc 😆
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
While I liked Ameena and Sohail, the message being conveyed did not really hit home with me. In fact, I found the very idea promulgated in the show problematic (that getting married young is the best choice out there so that you can have grown-up kids by the time you enter your middle adult years, who can help you with life) . I mean, how much can the average 19-24 year old help his or her parents? Moreover, I find the idea that you raise kids so that you have a secure old age a very flawed idea. What of people who have grown up progeny who would like to pursue a life that requires them to be away from their parents and likely does not offer the sort of recompense that can allow them to help their parents financially? Are those progeny worthless? I can imagine being less harsh to the show if its makers hadn't so brazenly sided with one lop-sided perspective over another, equally valid view (getting married early vs late in life).
I can also understand the sated joy one gets out of the mere act of raising one's kids into responsible adults but the idea that there is more important practical benefit to be reaped out of parenthood is a problematic idea to me, and one that casts a shadow over an otherwise beautiful and unconditional bond. Further, I would argue that Urwa's behaviour throughout his marriage proved the exact opposite of what the makers were trying to say: that some younger progeny would do better if they weren't forcefully married! Anyhow, the show ended up being more convoluted and problematic for me but I did wholeheartedly love Ameena and Sohail. To be honest, in the story playing in my mind, they did eventually get together with no Urwa in sight :-)
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Jnam you said exactly what was in my heart! I'll add that I very happily watched the first few episodes of this drama but couldn't stomach it anymore when urwa was forced into a marriage. I can't stand these parents in dramas forcing their children to do something they're not pleased with only to have the "see, we told you so" ending where the child forced into a marriage acknowledges that their parents were right the entire time. I couldn't watch past the first ten episodes for this reason alone. From what I remember the show was written well, but these messages in dramas need to stop.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: JNam

While I liked Ameena and Sohail, the message being conveyed did not really hit home with me. In fact, I found the very idea promulgated in the show problematic (that getting married young is the best choice out there so that you can have grown-up kids by the time you enter your middle adult years, who can help you with life) . I mean, how much can the average 19-24 year old help his or her parents? Moreover, I find the idea that you raise kids so that you have a secure old age a very flawed idea. What of people who have grown up progeny who would like to pursue a life that requires them to be away from their parents and likely does not offer the sort of recompense that can allow them to help their parents financially? Are those progeny worthless? I can imagine being less harsh to the show if its makers hadn't so brazenly sided with one lop-sided perspective over another, equally valid view (getting married early vs late in life).

I can also understand the sated joy one gets out of the mere act of raising one's kids into responsible adults but the idea that there is more important practical benefit to be reaped out of parenthood is a problematic idea to me, and one that casts a shadow over an otherwise beautiful and unconditional bond. Further, I would argue that Urwa's behaviour throughout his marriage proved the exact opposite of what the makers were trying to say: that some younger progeny would do better if they weren't forcefully married! Anyhow, the show ended up being more convoluted and problematic for me but I did wholeheartedly love Ameena and Sohail. To be honest, in the story playing in my mind, they did eventually get together with no Urwa in sight :-)

I respect your views JNam. but I am an old fashioned woman who thinks that getting married and having kids when you're young suit us muslims more, coz we appreciate our families, and take their responsibility, when we grow up and they need us.

As a daughter to an early wedded couple, I feel blessed. coz my parents are more like friends for me. specially my mom. But unfortunatly I had to wait till my last therties to get married and have kids. Now I feel it is very tough to rise kids when you are 40+ , You can't understand them well. I feel like grand mother to them.😆 They want me to play with them and all I think of is I need some rest.

Any way. CSZ is a show which ppl relate to it, coz our families look very similar to Urwa's and Ameena's. I loved Urwa's parents , Ameena and Suhail. and felt for Urwa too. Poor man had to give up on his own dreams to please his parents. Allah bless our parents.😃