Almost 2 months, but I still miss Amjad Sabri terribly.

ILoveFERNANDO thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
😭

I don't know how many Pakistanis or people that actually live in Pakistan are visiting this section of the forum. But I need to get this off my chest 😭

Like many I used to hear 'bhar do jholi' a lot on the radio as a kid. But if anyone would have asked me: Do you know who the Sabri brothers are? I would have to say NO. As a kid you're not really interested in the name of singers and celebrities in general. It was for me just a song with an attractive tune. Fast forward 20 years and as someone who does like to watch morning shows (eeeh on youtube obviously whenever I get back from college/work in the evening) especially during Ramzan, ofcourse I knew/know Amjad Sabri. Forget about his fantastic voice and the way he was/is singing the songs of his father, he was/is just such a nice simple humble person 😳

I've never felt this way about a celebrity before. At the end of the day they don't know and don't care about us. But here I am already 2 months crying almost every day over someone that I've never met. And even though I keep telling myself: just forget about him focus on football and dramas...I just keep googling his name 😭 I guess this also has to do with the fact that he was murdered. If it was an accident, I would have been upset, but would have thought: oh well...these things happen.

It's all just sooo surreal. Forget about his last Kalam, the months before his departure he appeared on so many morning shows with his family. He was such a happy family man 😭

For example the way he was with his daughters reminds me so much of the way my dad is with me:

πŸ’” That ^ was like 2 months before he got killed 😭

His 7 year old son was fasting for the first time. For who? For daddy πŸ’” Watch from 1:48:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMRZJMmWWo0[/YOUTUBE]

😭

Just 39 years old, happily married, 5 children all younger than 12, succesfull career, happy in the home he inherited from his father, kept in touch with his ten siblings, and spend every day time with his mother. He basically had everything he wanted and was just enjoying his peaceful life.

Anyway I see this is becoming a long post (guess this is my tribute?). So I'll just summarize it:

What upsets/annoys/irritates/angries me about all of this:

1. Did he even know WHY two creeps on a motorcycle pointed a gun at him? Surely if he had received a threat or some kind of hint a father of five children would have gotten some sort of security? Not just for himself but also for his family. As he clearly didn't have that and if I have to believe his mother he just went to that Maya Khan show in a hurry...it's safe to assume he had no clue why they were doing that to him. Which is extremely sad, because that means he didn't and will never know why this happened. It's kind of like walking on the streets towards some grocery store and getting punched in the face by some random person. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

2. WHY is there CCTV footage of those two creeps BEFORE and AFTER, but NOT DURING the incident? They will never get caught, right? Just look how relaxed they were driving away after it:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZuEOgQZWcw[/YOUTUBE]

😲 This happened around 3 pm = broad daylight! It was a busy street! Lots of vendors and all there. This should be an easy case to solve. But it will never get solved. WHY was nobody chasing those creeps? Why aren't there any witnesses willing to talk? Embarrassing.

3. Oh wait...no real embarrassment is discussing: 'Yeh Amjad Sabri hai' instead of helping him and calling the ambulance as soon as possible. But then those of the ambulance were even worse. Just throwing and smacking his face on the ground.

Don't watch if you can't handle blood and horror movies:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cvDO2hokI[/YOUTUBE]

Not his wife, not his daughter, but seeing him like that makes me wish I was there and able to help him. He looks so lonely and helpless 😭😭😭 Which brings me to the next point...nice of the person that filmed this to share it with the world πŸ‘πŸΌ (sarcasm) His kids must have loved seeing that. 😑

4. He passed away on June 22nd, June 23rd we got to see these kind of images:

June 24th, all channels looking at their impressive viewer ratings since June 22nd, decided to spice things up a bit more πŸ‘ Let's interview his children and welcome them to our morning shows. Now I won't blame their mother who was obviously in shock and even got admitted to the hospital. clearly she was unaible to tell the media to stay away from them. But certainly his other family members could have told the media to leave the kids alone? Horrible this one...asking the kid how he will celebrate Eid without his dad 🀒

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-IRQuCIN2U[/YOUTUBE]

5. WHAT is this nonsense called: Shaheed Amjad Sabri 🀬 RIdiculous!!! There were morning show joke presenters like Sanam Baloch and Sadia Imam celebrating his death or rather him becoming Shaheed 🀒 I understand that was a way for everyone to relax and allow themselves to smile again, but I don't think he wanted to become Shaheed so soon. He was loving his life! Like his daughter Hoorain said: 'Mujhe usko Jannat mein nahin bhej na tha, mujhe daddy apna paas hi rakhna tha.' All this talk about be happy, he is Shaheed or he went to heaven and congratulating him and his family...beyond irritating! What are his wife and children supposed to do with that? Fact is he will never return home, they will never be able to eat together with him, they can never speak with him etc 😭 His routine of eating breakfast (or rather brunch) with his mother doesn't exist anymore:

1:23:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoXdvjHAHz0[/YOUTUBE]

😭

Anyway I can only hope wherever he is right now, he isn't in pain and feeling peaceful. Got no hope that the police will do their job and arrest the (real) culprits. Neither will they ever be able to answer everyone's questions as to WHY this happened. Something I'm for example curious about: WHY in broad daylight? According to himself and his mother he always came home late around 4 am. They could have done it then? Or in the morning when he went to SAMAA TV? Why wait till 3 pm when there are so many people around? I know most people believe this had something to do with religion or politics...but we dont really know that, do we? Sure the Taliban has claimed this murder, but they always claim sad stuff that get a lot of media exposure. So I have my doubts about their claim. Also why Amjad then? Makes no sense. What also makes me sad is that he probably did suffer. I think those creeps shot at him from the side first in his leg so he would hit the brake out of pain. While he was still screaming of pain and probably wondering what is happening they went to the front and shot from there. 😭

This has become a really long post. Sorry guys, but thank you to the readers ❀️Just shows how much I love him, but if I can't handle all this, I wonder how his wife and children are doing 😭

Edited by ILoveFERNANDO - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fairi_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You are not the only one who feels sad about this incident...i wasnt a big fan of him, but even i cried on his death...he didnt deserved to be killed in a street like this, this is horrible...and thinking about his little kids just make me feel depressed 😭...i feel so sad seeing this pic now, what was his fault and what would his little children do without him...
marium_79 thumbnail
hello my name is marium & i lived in lahore but also in karachi too and me & my parents are feeling feeling sad for the loss of a great singer 😭