.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This wasn't supposed to happen. They weren't supposed to break up, not after whatever had transpired between them.

They were supposed to be forever.

Swayam sat on the edge of his bed, traumatised by the events of the day. He knew his family was overbearing, he knew how much difficulty Sharon had to go through to please them. He knew about the tension in their relationship because of the events of the past few weeks.

He didn't know she'd break up with him. He didn't know their relationship was that weak. He had never imagined such a situation even in his worst nightmare, never imagined they'd break up owing to an external factor.

Swayam buried his face in his hands, his fingers tugging at his hair. A sudden urge to let out a blood curdling yell rose inside him. He felt himself tremble, utterly helpless.

"Sharon" he whimpered.

Maybe it wasn't over, it couldn't be. He'd talk to her tomorrow and that'd be the end of this problem; that's all it was, a problem. He'd talk and they'll get back together.

They had to.

This wasn't how she had imagined their end (she hadn't imagined one at all, but that was a different story). She had imagined they'd end with an epic argument, with a fury so great, it would be an Armageddon.

She certainly hadn't imagined such a frivolous subject would end them, not after the heaven and hell they'd gone through. Hell, what she wouldn't give to have him by her side now. Despite being rhetorical, she knew the answer for that. That is why they had broken up.

She wouldn't give her self respect. She wouldn't bend out of shape for Swayam's family. And she had expected Swayam to understand that. She had expected he would support her and he had, just not enough.

And though she was the one who broke it off, she wished he'd come back and talk to her, tell her something that'd convince her that her fears were false, that she would not lose her pride, her self respect through this ordeal. It was necessary for her to know that because her fiery personality was what defined her. She wouldn't allow anyone to extinguish it. Being with Swayam had served as the necessary stoking of her fire and the possibility that the very relationship might kill the fire frightened her. A cruel joke the universe had played on them.

Sharon sighed and dug deeper into her pillow, her eyes moistening as she recollected the crushed, helpless look on his face, one which she had vowed to never let appear.

If only she could explain to him how it was much of a necessity than a choice. She didn't want to break up.

She had to.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
A teeny tiny one shot to celebrate my entry into a college. :3
This was one of the tracks I despised, mainly because what Sharon had to go through. So here's my two cents on this track.

Now, the one shot might be really horrible (it's angst for sure) but hey, I'm trying to get in touch with writing.

Though I hope you guys like it.

Dedicated to Chi. (Just like that dude. And for the wonderful VruShan OS you wrote.)

Cheers
nerfherder
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Reserved.

And when I get dedications just like that. 🤗
Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Its good to see you back:)
This OS!! I really wanted to read something like this as we all know how pathetically Swaron were dealt with after that break-up scene :'( :'(

This one was short, yet captured the emotions perfectly . I wish the cvs also understood these ' have tos ' like we do.. Please continue this, my sincere request to you, I really would love a better ending than what we were given, which I know very well you are capable of giving us :)

Also,plz give us the next part of your ss , I am waiting for long yaar :(

Hope you have an amazing journey in your new college:) All the best !!

Love,
Shreya <3
pri98.arora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ahhh!
An OS from you ^_^ after a longgg time :D
I was seriously waiting to read something from you Nishi!

This track was probably despised by every SwaRon fan.
Anyways,
I have said this several times and will say it again that I love your writing style and thoughts on SwaRon alot! (Makes more sense than that of CVs :/)

Congratulations for college btw :) May you have an awesome journey ahead!

Eagerly waiting for your update on ss, you left it in a cliffhanger :( so pls update soon

Keep writing ^_^

Edited by pri98.arora - 8 years ago
labiba_islam thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It was fabulous
Just loved it
Swaron helplessness
I so miss their love story
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Feels great to see you back..
Me too dont like that track even a bit..
But the way you penned their emotions.. is great
HR-DMG4life thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice os :) I loved how you wrote it
Congrats on getting into college :) wish me luck I get my a level results this week hopefully I'll get into university as well