Halaala - What does this actually means!!

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
One of the most over used and abused term in Pakistani serials is Talaaq (Divorce). Writers and producers have literally made a joke out of this. And then comes Halaala.. they make it as it is so simple. Khalil ur Rehman Qamar's latest serial Zara yaad kar that is winning appraisals from people because of its dialogues has just made the mockery out of talaaq and halaala.. Pemra should definitely take notice of this because they are misguiding people. And the writer must do his homework before writing the stories.

I am copy pasting the following piece of information which I read on another website.

Written by Hani on reviewit.pk

Please be aware that if girl ask for khula or boy gives divorce before the consummation of marriage(rukhsati not made)' then, this is only single divorce in islam. In this case, iddah is not necessary, haq mehr also not liable to be paid and lastly halala is not mandatory. They can re-marry by performing another nikkah. This is Islamic concept contrary to what is shown in this drama.

Please I repeat again, HALALA IS NOT MANDATORY IF MARRIAGE HAS NOT BEEN CONSUMMATED.

Firstly, I dnt understand why the girl is running after doing halala when it is not required since she took khula before rukhsati? Secondly, I dnt understand why halala is shown as planned divorce? HALALA IS NOT A PLANNED DIVORCE PLEASE. It is a normal nikkah performed by girl with 2nd husband without pre-planning for divorce, and only after consummation of marriage with 2nd husband, if he gives divorce with all his will, then this nikkah is called halala and the girl is now halal for her 1st husband. Halala is infact a punishment for 1st husband for the divorce he gave to his wife.

Please refer to below Surahs;
2:230

And if he divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she has wedded another husband. Then if he (the other husband) divorce her it is no sin for both of them that they come together again if they consider that they are able to observe the limits of Allah. These are the limits of Allah. He manifesteth them for people who have knowledge.

33:49

O you who believe! When you marry believing women, and then divorce them before you have sexual intercourse with them, no 'Iddah [divorce prescribed period, see (V.65:4)] have you to count in respect of them. So give them a present, and set them free i.e. divorce, in a handsome manner.

HUM TV Please stop this non-sense and stop spreading non-islamic concepts. your dramas are being watched all over the world and people are learning un-islamic concepts because of you and your stupid new confused concepts.

Edited by Usman. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Pakistani dramas have made a mockery of marriage in general. Unlike Indian dramas, it is very hard to sensationalize the event of marriage so writers throw in talaaq and halala at a drop of the hat just to get in those points at the rating scale. There can be no swapped brides or forced pheras around the fire for a marriage to happen, nikaah means full hosh o hawas mein qubool qubool qubool wo bhi naam le le ke! So how to play with the idea of marriage so that it has people glued to screens? Simple..talaaq and halala.

Speaking of Zara Yaad Kar, what annoys me THE MOST is Mahnoor's character and the utter lack of self respect that she has. WHAT kind of girl is ready to throw herself at any man without even thinking of the consequences once!!? Yeah, the whole halala concept is shown as a joke in the show in the first place but even if we do take it as some serious stuff, how can someone wrap their head around the idea that girls like Mahnoor exist? There are silly naive girls but Mahnoor tou koi aur hi category hai bhayee! In the span of two days she got caught red-handed by her "temporary husband's" wife and girlfriend respectively but she's back at it all again, demanding Haadi that he finds a way so she can marry him. Matlab..WHAT THE HELL?!

KUR was on God knows which medicine when he penned this drama. All the characters are one extreme or another. It's so hard to find one sanely logical person in this show. And it's so weird to think that KUR's last show, Mera Naam Yousuf Hai, treated marriage and love for someone in a sanely manner. Well, as sane as KUR's dramatic world allows it. Wahan at least Zulekha agreed to move on from Yousuf the moment she became someone's wife. The ladies in that show had some serious spine. Yahan tou..pata nahin konsa halwa pakta rehta hai..
fairi_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thats true...this drama has made a mockery out of such a serious issue...even i wrote in the thread as well that intentional halala is not even allowed...the drama was going fyn until this whole halala concept was thrown in...and believe me i have never ever seen halala happening in the real life, like literally NEVER EVER! This is next to impossible , when the man has divorced his wife why the hell would he accept the same woman again, and in case of women no woman in her sane mind would even want to go back to the husband who has divorced her in the first place...and the way intentional halala is shown in this drama is beyond disgusting, the only drama I remember where halala was shown in a right way was Doraha, the first husband divorced the wife in anger and she was secondly married to a man who turned out to be a psycho so the parents took a stand and asked for divorce (without the intention of halala) and then afterwards the first husband wanted to take her back...
That is the thing that these writers miss in their writings, i mean intentional halala is not allowed mostly ppl know this by now...does not even look like this is written by KRQ , i cant believe 🤢
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yup the concept of three talaq and halala is not as they show in pak dramas.
Firstly 3 tslaqs are to be given over a period of time, 3 tslaqs said at once is not talaq, it's considered one. There is a waiting period between each talaq. My brother recently got divorced, it was just one talaq and they waited out the waiting period, both parties didn't come to an understanding so talaq happened.

I said this earlier in ZYK thread, there is a topic about talaq and halala by zakir Naik on you tube, you can listen to any scholar of your choice, doesn't have to be ZN. I just chose that one because he quotes Quran and Hadith.
Pakistani dramas have made a mockery of such a beautiful religion.

Edited by -shabz- - 8 years ago
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -shabz-

Yup the concept of three talaq and halala is not as they show in pak dramas.
Firstly 3 tslaqs are to be given over a period of time, 3 tslaqs said at once is not talaq, it's considered one. There is a waiting period between each talaq. My brother recently got divorced, it was just one talaq and they waited out the waiting period, both parties didn't come to an understanding so talaq happened.

I said this earlier in ZYK thread, there is a topic about talaq and halala by zakir Naik on you tube, you can listen to any scholar of your choice, doesn't have to be ZN. I just chose that one because he quotes Quran and Hadith.
Pakistani dramas have made a mockery of such a beautiful religion.

Bold: Sorry to hear about that.

on topic: The creative head of channel should look upon this matter. Writers should not get away with anything they write.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Firstly THANKS A LOT FOR THIS POST

halala nikaah is NOT a temporary shaadi

And it's not imposed by society

It's a deed of Islam

And this is a mental torture NOT for the women

IT IS A PUNISHMENT FOR THE MEN

If men were asked to do temporary shaadi again then they wud hv happily do it

But since usually it's the men who divorces the wife ...for fair and unfair reasons...in most of the occasions...hence he just can't get her back so easily after divorce

This rule has been given so that the woman gets a chance to 're start a new life...coz her previous hubby gave her talaaq anyways...if he really loved her then he wudnt hv given her talaaq in the first place ...and by this Allah has made the importance of talaaq more strong.. .women is not a toy whom u give talaaq whenever angry n bring her back when anger cools down...

Islam says after talaaq that woman is HARAM for the man
And hence this halala nikaah is a blessing in disguise for the woman to start a new life again and it SHUD NOT BE PREPLANNED the way it's shown in dramas...THATS NOT WHAT ISLAM SAYS...showing the actress preplanning the divorce is a HUGE BREACH of the rules of Islam

Islam says after the halala nikaah if the new husband dies or if divorce happens for any VALID reason...then she can go back to the first husband if he STILL wants her back

and in the show Zara yaad kar as well We can see haadi is dying every moment ...not the gal...so how is it a torture to women

But in this show the difference is HAADI DOES NOT DESERVE THIS PUNISHMENT...coz unlike most cases it's mahnoor who forced him to give her talks and he didn't give it to her unfairly...so the true purpose of halala of testing the men's love for this talaaq wife that if he loves her enuf n wants her back that badly that even if she comes back from another men's home...STILL he is ready to accept her...only then that old wife again becomes HALAAL for him n he can get her back after talaaq

HALALA nikaah is NOT a joke the way the dramas portray it..giving the non muslim viwers a very wrong idea about the rules of Islam
But to bring the drama quotient every writer takes the credit to bend it
Even in the Indian dramas beinteha and qubool hain there were halala nikaah tracks and both were also shown PREPLANNED like this one

The ONLY pak show where halala was shown the way it SHUD be was sameera fazals KABHI KABHI starting Ahsan mehwish...

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
HALALA nikaah is NOT a test for the gal

It's a lease of fresh life for her

Cos when a man talaaq his wife he isn't worthy of her anymore

And it's not the end of the world for her that she HAS to go back to him

Since men has the upper hand to give talaaq they are also the one who has to bear the bigger punishment to get the wife back ...its harder for a man to see his wife ( he apparently wants back ) to b with someone else and IF HE INDEED WANTS TO TAKE HER BACK THAT BASLY.. ..then he will hv to accept her after the halala nikaah which is again very hard for the man

And if the 2nd husband is good then the gal DOES NOT have to return to the first hubby

She can happily live with the 2nd one

Islam has given respect and rights to women

Also another thing which is SO HIGHLIGHTED in all the dramas is how the daughter in law has to abide by each n everyone of the hubbys family...how she has to look after everyone...listen to what they say...latest example the pathetic tum KAUN Piya

BUT IN ISLAM THE DAUGHTER IN LAW HAS NO SUCH OBLIGATION
...the word KANYA DAAN which is so highlighted in each n every Indian drama that it has seeped in our mind as well that after wedding the father has to KANYA DAAN TTHE DAUGHTER TO THE IN LAWS...where the in laws will hv the upper hand on her from now on amd she has to look after everyone like an adarsh bahu which is the basic concept of all Indian soaps

BUT IN ISLAM ...NEITHER THE GALS PARENTS B.C. TO KANYA DAAN THEIR DAUGHTER...neither the bahu has to sacrifice n compromise to abide by the in laws

ISLAM SAID ALL U SHUD EXOECT FROM THE DAUGHTER IN LAW IS RESPECT...nothing else

If she happily does something that's different ...n most welcome..but it's NOT HER DUTY TO DO THE CHORES OF HER IN LAWS...which is the main criterion of an adarsh bahu

ISLAM even says it's the husband's responsibility to give privacy and safety to the wife and hence if it's a joint family and the wife is getting a bit uncomfy n lack of privacy.. .then it's advised in Islam to get her a separate home where she has peace of mind

The daughter in law is NOT BOUND to stay with a bunch of dewar nand jethani devrani the way it's shows in serials

ALL SHE HAS TO ABIDE BY IS HER HUSBAND...she can do his chores as he has also taken responsibility of her...but that also doesn't mean the husband can force her into anything.. .THE PATI PARMESHWAR concept is also VERY MUCH NULL N VOID in islam...
Thanks for this post
They had made joke of Wedding ,divorce And halala .They are showing Islam in a wrong way .Which is absolutely wrong .Channel owners should Think about it .Not only zaraa yaad kar even other Humtv serials like Man mayal n pakeeza is showing this Mockery.
Usman. thumbnail
You're welcome.

Abby: another serial where Halaala was showcased in right manner is Humayon Saeed, Sanam Baloch and Sonia Rehman starrer Doraha written by Umera Ahmad.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Oh yes doraha was amazing