Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
After Gestation , the Manifestation !

Balika Vadhu was a flagship venture for Colors , taken that channel to further and farther places , because of this BV ! It attracted viewers , admired by worldwide audience ,later this much acclaimed serial watched with great interest in many countries . Almost dubbed and translated in to as many as 14 languages world over , and everywhere it occupied no 1 position ! First they advertised it as a Rajasthani based Indian TV serial , but it erased all the boundaries , surpassed all the cultural barriers , people started adopting her as their own, Anandi with her head held high reached the world audience , and earned a recognition , garnered an appreciation for the Indian culture and tradition . We have seen many foreigners in this BV forum who were ritualistically followed the story , attached themselves to this unknown culture because of the strong story of Anandi ! It evoked enormous interest in their minds , to the extent that they started loving her more than us and at one stage started believing that we are criticising their own Anandi !

At the initial stages , this serial was very sensitively dealt with the plight of small girls who are unwittingly forced into marriage in the name of tradition, and have to bear the repercussions for the rest of their lives because of that social evil .

Many of us are not aware of this tradition earlier because of our urban background and was wondered for this cruel custom , so followed the serial with inquisitiveness .

Child Anandi set the stage for the future splendor , she lured the viewers with her innocence ,curiosity , eagerness to solve all the problems in her own way , always an impulsive decision taker , ready to jump in to the troubled arena to solve it with a brave face , to soothe the ruptured hearts with her tender ways ! That was the gestation period for this classic character .

Later as an adolescent girl , she faced many hardships in her life , crossed all hurdles and paved the way for the betterment of her Jagdish , consequently lost him to Gowri and left there as a rejected wife , dejected woman , gathered her wits , engaged herself in improving the lives of her village people , struggled a lot , she educated herself first , then started a school for the village girls , upskill them , in that journey met her soulmate . The emergence of the great Romantic Pair of the Millennium !!

At that stage, people were too eager to share their feelings , they descended to IF , started expressing their feelings in their language , others were too keen to know what they are saying , we didn't want to miss a small quiver of a fan's heart , for that, there emerged the translators ! They were impatient to wait to see the episode on internet , so asked for WU , again translation for them in their language , many more were active in that process , it was a gala affair , everyone was in a festive mood ! Devoted followers , dedicated Fan groups , and consequent star wars .

Every group started dreaming in their own tradition , Anandi got many names , but still their soul belonged to the character Anandi , unity in diversity ! Many great writers emerged , given different names to her in their stories , started dreaming for her in their own enchanting way !

Many praiseworthy threads for discussions , at that time a new entrant used to feel like a child in a toy shop , left there flabbergasted with an exhilarating feeling ! So many OS , FF , SS , and many more for their Anandi .

Anticipation for a mere touch between that dream couple , for a slipped smile from the edge of the romantic hero Shiv , An explosion of emotional outbursts even for an eye-lock ! How wonderful those days were !There was a goal to reach , a sort of fulfillment for every beautiful expression !

Why they spoiled that dream , why they refused to realise the viewers' yearnings for that pair's continuation ? Where we lost our Anandi ? Why they separated Anandi from her Shiv ? Why they erased the beautiful bonding between that romantic pair ? What they got ultimately ? Hatred from their loyal fans and followers ? Seems they deprived us from a logical and meaningful ending to our Anandi's story . Instead of making it a message to the future generations , they made it a nightmare to all it's followers !

Alas ! Where we lost our Anandi ? It is not an angry wail ,it is an outcry , a tumultuous indignation , an aggrieved and outraged fan's outburst !!

Edited by Viswasruti - 8 years ago
nn027 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Leaves well said -- Colors killed it's most precious baby heartlessly ! See it's phenomenal success everywhere ! Are they not aware of it's popularity which is glaringly visible from everywhere ? Why they did this to the most precious character of Indian TV serial world , our beloved Anandi ? In some parts of the world still it is telecasting , the first season , I am sure no one will subscribe the season 2 version ! We got recognition because of this Anandi , and they dumped her in to a dirty pit , drowned her in a deep river ? Alas , what a pity , means we don't know how to sustain our success !!!See this

International broadcast

• Croatia In Croatia, it began airing on Doma TV from Monday to Friday at 08:10 am (Central European time) under the title Mala nevjesta (Little bride).
  • Bulgaria In Bulgaria, it began airing on Nova TV from Monday to Friday at 04:30 pm (Central European time) under the title (Little bride).
  • Romania In Romania, it began airing on TV National under the title Mica mireasa (Little bride).
  • Serbia In Serbia, it began airing on RTV Pink from Monday to Friday at 04:00 pm (Central European time) under the title (Little bride).
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina In Bosnia and Herzegovina, it aired (it will be aired later again) on Pink BH under the title Mala nevjesta (Little bride).
  • In Macedonia, it aired on Sitel TV under the title (Little bride).
  • Montenegro In Montenegro, it began airing on Pink M under the title Mala nevjesta (Little bride).
  • Indonesia In Indonesia, it began airing on ANTV from 15 March 2016 under the title Anandhi but was airing from Monday to Friday at 5:00 pm (Indonesia Western Time) and Saturday to Sunday at 3:00 pm (Indonesia Western Time).[5]
  • Kyrgyzstan In Kyrgyzstan, it began airing on KTRK under the title (Bride).
  • Kazakhstan In Kazakhstan, it airs under the title - (Bride) and broadcast on TV channel, Kazakhstan.[6]
  • Vietnam In Vietnam, the drama began airing under the title, C Du 8 Tui on TodayTV in 11 November 2014. The drama has enjoyed immense popularity in Vietnam and has been the number one show in the country since its premiere

Excellent analysis of Madhu.
I am from Serbia. The first season was fantastic. Incredible story, extraordinary actors ... I met your beautiful culture and customs.
Replacing the actress changed everything. With Pratyusha going, it was no longer a series that I loved. New actress, a new scenario ... It's like a second series of non-BV. I then stopped to watch.

The series ended. The others are my friends, like you, Madhu. Thank you ❤️
Edited by nn027 - 8 years ago
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nn027

I am from Serbia. The first season was fantastic. Incredible story, extraordinary actors ... I met your beautiful culture and customs.
Replacing the actress changed everything. With Pratyusha going, it was no longer a series that I loved. New actress, a new scenario ... It's like a second series of non-BV. I then stopped to watch.

Thanks for the inf Madhuri .
This BV forum attracted many people because of the threads on each and every topic which are socially relevant . It was just like an education , reading the discussions
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: nn027

Oh , thanks Nada for these words . ❤️🤗
These are Branka's words --- because you just can not believe how popular BV was in ExYu countries those days...it was airing in the prime time those days and there was no people on the streets...everybody was watching BV...😊
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Avyakta

Really great post Madhuri !👏
You expressed your emotional bonding with that Iconic character Anandi in a wonderful way , shared your frustration for the slaughtered Anandi and her inspiring story .
Waiting to read more from you . I know how much you adore Anandi , and I am aware of the fact that you came to IF for sharing your sorrow for the sad demise of one of our friend Seetha in this journey , a great fan of Anandi .
With the well written , well developed story ,just like a tribute to womanhood ,an iconic rise of Anandi and her popularity world over , and then the painful fall of that classic character and the consequent frustration and anger expressed by many . Is it not because of unnecessary leaps , changing of face[ Jaggiya ] and the killing of another lead [ shiv] the root cause of the brutal murder of the soul of the show ?! They eliminated themselves from the world map , world TV industry , and made themselves an ordinary channel ! ---once Colors Channel was watched worldwide only for this great serial , now hated for their misdeeds regarding the same show ! Alas !

Agree with your every word Avyakta . 😊
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: kase

Wonderful wonderful post - captures the essence of Anandi & BV. We were irritated by her goodness , her utter stupidity, her helplessness in front of Mangala many a times, but she was a woman of spirit and substance.
her story could have got over logically at any of the milestones - Her marriage to Shiv, becoming a mother and living happily , when she found her daughter and they could have shown her bringing up the 2 kids as a single mom ...
BUT
they had to give her story such a horrible end.. I don't think its greed of TRP as anyone in the creative industry could have guessed the story and cast would not raise the TRP

RIP BV - Iconic , unconventional show of its time

Undoubtedly it was an unconventional show of it's time , well said Kase .
They deprived us from having a wonderful feeling that somewhere in this world , our Anandi is there to do good to the society , to elevate the girl child and her fate , to give beautiful future to the unfortunate women , she is not there anymore , not there anywhere in this world 😭

Viswasruti thumbnail

The last tear has a power to wet the sand of the entire deserts in this world !

The image of the morning Sun in a dew drop is not less than the Sun !!!

For us , Anandi is a dew drop representing the ultimate meaning of true womanhood, and to motivate you, to empower you , to deliver a new message for the purpose of her manifestation , I regard her as a faithful, clear, true, and wise document handed over to us to read , to understand !

She was not there to entertain us , no never !

When we descry our Anandi , we realises that she was pretty much bashful and , as soft hearted and poignant as one can expect . But that was a prelude to this character's wisdom and her great knowledge on everything !

Together let us share our life story, we look for good in others glory -that was Anandi's motto !

Someone sent by god to do great things ,one of the heaven's angels with no visible wings , descended in to our drawing rooms ! We started identifying ourselves with Anandi , her sorrow and sadness were ours , her exhilaration and love quivers were ours , her struggles for social justice and for women empowerment evoked many emotions in us , encouraged many worthwhile discussions in this place !

One such great thread was Wanderer's --this thread crossed the 100 page mark , and more than 1000 posts , Lawers , Doctors , Doctorates , other highly placed professionals participated in this thread !Worth reading once again .the link --
Isn't Anandi equally to be blamed? -

Eternal love , unlimited attention , limitless pampering , endless affection , perpetual concern , unending support , Anandi got these from all her fans and followers, from all of us !

After all, you cannot know the strength of your love and liking until it is tested. I am still in dilemma , don't know how to accept the demise of my great Anandi whom actually I lost long back ,slowly I tried to convince myself that it is only a fictional character , there is no one to long for , it was difficult earlier , but the BV people made it easy for me now , by killing Shiv , by changing the face of Ganga frequently , and taken the story with many leaps and bounds in a mindless way , yes ,now I realised , accepted that there is no Anandi , but still love to live in my belief that once up on a time ...there was a girl called Anandi who was a classic character , an icon loved by many women , was everything for her fans ---... You know, I've left so much behind , that love , that longing , that hope , that sense of belonging , I left everything . Now hate to watch any serial , before BV never watched any serial and later too . It was a heart breaking experience for me . A personal loss of that sort .

When Pratyusha took over the role of the child bride as a young woman, she had a very hard act to follow. Avika Gor, who played Anandi, had won and ruled the airwaves for over 500 episodes with a childlike innocence, an impish face and elfish pranks. She was the most beloved character on Hindi entertainment channels almost as soon as Balika Vadhu was launched in July 2008 (Colors), easing out Ekta Kapoor's remaining K saas and bahus " even the redoubtable Tulsi " from our hearts if not the ratings.

Another change , still watched the BV for the sake of Shiv and Jagdish , and later as far as Sriti was there , she never allowed us to deviate our attention from her face , such a powerful actress she is ! Shashank , what a gem of an actor he is , if he hasn't get a serial role yet ,it was the misfortune of the viewers , what a complex role he played , as a hero , as an anti - hero , as a Villon , as a dedicated and committed friend , as a Doctor , as a politician , just simply give him a complex situation and he defined it so effortlessly , really the hero of that serial . Why they killed Shiv , and what they achieved from that wicked thought , we have no idea , for that they lost a million young viewers forever !!

Edited by Viswasruti - 8 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
We are bidding adieu to many wonderful characters.
How many pairs and how many stories?

Anandi Jagya
Jagya Gauri
Jagya Ganga
Anandi Shiv

Dadisa Jagya
Dadisa Anandi

Gehna Basant
Sumitra Bhairon

Mangala Nimboli
Anandi Nandini

Anandi Shivam
Shivam Nandini

Jagya Mannu
Jagya Nandu
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Add

Anandi Teacherji
Anandi Sumi
Anandi Bhairon
Anandi Amol
Shiv Amol
Anandi Choti ma
Shiv Sanchi
Anandi Gulli
Anandi Ganga

Each of these characters shared a unique bond with each other..
challadamodar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
shiv-jagya
jagya-lalsing

jagya-tausa,bapusa
little jagya-little phooli

shyam-suguna
jagya-badi dadisaa : )

shyam-jagya
jagya-suguna

jagya-ratansingh