Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 97

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQ7f_dvbnA[/YOUTUBE]

Reporter: you've been chosen the most elegant man
Engin: i don't claim I am, i say it clearly, i don't have such a claim, yes, i take care about how i look, but i don't find myself the most elegant man..thanks to them, i have nothing to say except thanks for their nice words to me.

Reporter: you're from those actors who doesn't appear a lot in the sector to the extent that made me thought that you live abroad..how can you manage to disappear in such way?
Engin:( laughs) I don't know what do to be aparent..

Reporter: i'm very curious, you live somewhere..do stay at home?
Engin: (laughs) yes, I lock myself up and don't even get my head out of the door with the intention of getting out..of course not, i do live my life, it's the magazine reporters you're talking about, i believe we don't concide..may be i don't like to show up and talk a lot about myself..this is more amusing for me as an actor and more private..

Reporter: finally, i want to ask you something, may be there is no sound from your side, but a lot of news come out and you know it, the last one was about a relation between you and Cansu Dere, we want a clear statement from you..
Engin: concerning this issue, this is what i'm going to say, there is no such thing and i don't know where it came from, that's all i can say
Reporter: so, you say it's not true
Engin: yes, not true

Translation credit : Ruqaya

Edited by DefLeppard - 6 years ago
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Some pictures from the press conference of #cocuklarsanaemanet

sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
And I cannot get over this picture 😳
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Reporter: finally, i want to ask you something, may be there is no sound from your side, but a lot of news come out and you know it, the last one was about a relation between you and Cansu Dere, we want a clear statement from you..
Engin: concerning this issue, this is what i'm going to say, there is no such thing and i don't know where it came from, that's all i can say
Reporter: so, you say it's not true
Engin: yes, not true

Translation credit : Ruqaya

Awww Engin bey mashallah That "evet yaa" is so damn cute, but what was the question couldnt make out;

Neyse the naughty smile and a twinkle in his eye when he says not true, to the Cansu question...can it be something is cooking...kim bilir? 😉

Thank you Vidscim for posting the video and the translation, Sakhi for the pictures and Anjali for that amazing interview of his 🤗 Really, really proud to be his fan...what deep and insightful thoughts he has 👍🏼
Edited by vidya0906 - 6 years ago
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Disclaimer : Solely my interpretation. Willing to discuss other views too.

Decoding - Bad Luck

The story opens at a tea house where the narrator hesitantly makes an effort to ward-off an old man who is also a National Lottery ticket seller. Like any seller who would like to wind up his day with last sales, the old man is persistent that the narrator to buy the last tickets. While the narrator politely refuses the hard sell from the salesman, he buys tea as a token of humanity.

The old man narrates a story of a young man- Fehmi who falls in love with a girl/woman Meral , and the differential of their socio-economic conditions are blurred when the emotions over power them.

Now is Engin writing an anniversary tribute to his drama Olene Kader, where all the central characters of the old man's story fits to a T except for the mafia, killer brother and his lawyer sister Or is Engin talking of the days when young girls run away with men who give them material comforts or does he make a point on the one sided love of young men who destroy their lives pining for women they loved Devdas(1) revisited?

In fact if this was a multiple choice question, I would like the option "None of the above. ;-)

My guess is that Engin has tried to deliver a very complex, debatable and fuzzy concept here!!

Let's step back and read the definition of Chance, Luck, Fate and finally Destiny.

• Chance is the random occurrences that surround us and plays an important role in everyone's life. How you handle the various things that chance throws at you, is of course a matter of choice.
  • Luck is the success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.
  • Fate is externally controlled; it is the things that happen because of some external power or intelligence intended. Not everyone believes in fate.
  • Destiny are the events that will necessarily happen to a you in the future.

Young Fehmi takes a chance to fancy a young girl Meral. He develops deep feelings without her consent and finally gets lucky to find her acceptance. Fehmi knows that Meral's father Osman would never accept their love, and he convinces his parents to ask her hand in marriage.

Osman shuns the proposal as he wanted to write (control maybe) the destiny of his daughter. (Remember he was a stubborn man, who refused to attend his wife's funeral. Hence subjectively to be concluded as a man with ego). A vindictive mother wishes for ill fate on Osman as a Giaour!!

Lady luck smiles on his life. He elopes successfully with Meral and wins the years' finale lottery making him rich by accident. Sadly Fehmi fate was controlled by the money he won and his newly married wife elopes with another man. A heart broken Fehmi resigns to his fate (caused by the bad luck of the lottery winning) and withers away to oblivion to call it destiny.

In the beginning, the narrator rejects the idea of buying tickets; Does taking chance means losing peace of mind?

Why would Fehmi never talk ill on Meral or her actions?

And finally in the end why didn't the old man sell the tickets to the narrator?

In classic mechanics, everything is bound by fate and governed by laws of physics and hence Einstein's statement "God does not throw dice?:D After many developments, quantum mechanics decisively proved that every development in the world is probabilistic and happens by chance. Einstein realized his mistake and said "I have earned the right to be wrong. :P

However in Karmic mechanics chance, fate, and destiny are fundamentally similar except for their power in generating a particular sign of the willful force. Fate is stronger than chance. Destiny is stronger than fate. On a scale of probability of generating a particular manifestation, you could say that chance is at the lowest level. Fate is in the middle, thus having a greater chance. Destiny is at the top, thus having the greatest chance. Most of the significant events in our lives occur due to fate or destiny, rather than by chance or luck.

Fehmi takes a chance to realize his dreams, but maybe his choices were wrong eloping with Meral, handing over the lottery win to her etc. And ultimately his mother blames Fehmi's fate for all the misfortunes. Perhaps he realizes that fate of winning the money was silently re-writing his destiny too. Lines "Fehmi was sad about losing his beloved rather than his money clearly brings out the beauty of his character.*love this part*. However Fehmi surrendering to events and squandering all the remaining wealth and money with a willful conscience was an exemplification of loser.

This message from Engin is a sublime beauty to say that fate is what happens when you don't take responsibility for your life, destiny is what happens when you commit to growing, learning, and taking chances. Being "destined for greatness only comes through active and conscious decisions. But fate is what happens when you let other people and external circumstance dictate your life.

Good Karma + Kismet can never bring you bad luck!!

And an old Fehmi wins the lottery again from those last tickets. Kim bilir ;-)

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas

PS: Giaour (Isn't there a Byron poem by the same?)

Woww Vids, just love the way you decode Engin's stories 👏 am sure nobody does it better than you 😃 I sincerely hope that he should get to read at least one of your decodes 👍🏼 keeping fingers crossed for the same 😉

@bold: couldnt agree more 😊
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Engin's 20th Short-Story (yklerde Bulualm) English Translation by Engin Akyrek Puerto Rico - Akyrek Puerto Rico
Let's Meet in Stories
After making all the latest corrections to my story, I sent it to my beloved Idil, editor of the Kafasina Gre magazine. When someone is not a writer, the heaviness of the work and the sense of responsibility in the writings are hidden. I have the feeling that the great writers and poets are watching me at the story I write, and for not attack them and show disrespect for their own work and their worries, in every story I send, I apologize.
After writing and sending my stories, all the words silently escaped from my noisy head. For a moment I enjoyed the silence and when the soil began to dry up, I started planting new seeds with my new phrases. I put a cup of tea, when I was ready to relax because I had sent my story in time, a message from Idil appears on my mobile.
-Hello. I read with delight the story, but I wish your joke was coming earlier. We have just finished editing the new magazine and we have no time for a new project.
I did not know what Idil wanted to say. I like the jokes, but in my story there is no crazy things. I just called Idil. What did she mean by the "joke she mentioned in the email? Idil picked up the phone, with her familiar smile on her face, and explained what she meant about the "joke. After listening to Idil, I asked her:
-Are you kidding me??
- Hahaha
I had to figure out the essence of the subject before this joke became like a tennis match. My last story was in my mind for a while and I did not say it to anyone. One of the stories sent to Kafasna Gre, and the story I was writing was exactly the same. When I read the story I understood what Idl was saying. If there was a joke, it was addressed to me. The person who sent it had only one e-mail address... Among the hundreds of addresses that had been named as Zeynep Yildirim I tried to find a familiar face. Even if they had stolen my story and sent it before me, I did not want to be the victim of a meaningless joke. I took a sip of tea, I did not want to experience the notion of the modern people who think that my computer was being attacked by a virus. Nothing is impossible under the sun, but it could not be possible that I have written exactly the same story as that of a person I do not know. Surprisingly, I started to browse the white pages of my memory. Maybe I was influenced by the stories I have read from my favorite author. Probably we read the same story that touched us and stayed in our subconscious. The narration and writing of a story is a normal state, but the story I wrote was mine. It was an issue that did not concern the great writers and poets I have read. The most interesting thing is that I wrote the story from the visual part of a man, and the person who sent the story wrote it from the visual part of a woman.
A man is seeing an image of an island whose picture he had seen in his childhood. The man sees himself in the island, in his dreams, he wakes up sweaty, this night he buys an air ticket and goes to the island without get anything. There is a woman on the island. And the love begins between them... The history of going to the island and the similarities of the place described, are the feelings of the same person, seemed to be the meeting point of the same dream. It is possible to meet anyone in the histories only if important writers hiding from behind allow it... I drank the last sip of cold tea and wrote something to the mailing address in front of me:
-Hello. First of all, I would like that you read the story I sent you. The fact that you send your story before me it may seems like a coincidence, maybe you think I'm kidding, but I want you to to know that this history is very precious to me. I do not expect an answer, I just wanted you to know it. Have a good day
After sending the email, I began to think about who this person was. The email I wrote was a little restrained, but the hope for a reply can help me understand who is hiding behind those words. The brief summary of my story was behind a feeling. When I tried to make it visible to describe, it was of a delicacy that could be dried in the swamp of the mind. I am not saying it to give an eternal meaning to the history, I feel we can share the same emotions, to express the existence of people who feel as if we are not alone. Although we think we are alone at this time, stories, phrases and emotions could bring us together to feel the same things. I suppose it's the way the twins are...
The magazine published another story. Idil and Yassin still think I am kidding, that I wrote both stories. I decided to close this issue so it do not go further. It was a personal matter anyway. I erased it from the memory of my computer and tried to behave as if I had never written such a story...
Kafasina Gre magazine is published every two months, but the days ran fast and the date of the new issue knocked again on my doorstep, and I think about what to write, my mind constantly returned to the story of the island. There was something in me that had not finished, the feeling that something was missing. The places I traveled in my mind came as if they were telling me, I was not here. I wrote and sent another story, in my new story I intentionally wrote another course of events, feelings and issues that I did not really believe. Then, as I did every time, and with pleasure from the fact that I sent the story, I sat comfortably with a cup of tea. I fall asleep in the chair I was sitting. I was in a state of turmoil that was approaching me slowly... I had my belly filled with all the tea of the teapot that was in the "samovar, and the sleeping condition I had fallen was the appropriate. Sometimes there is a thin line between sleeping and weakfulness, in this fine line I walked, without knowing where to go, I went through the silence. Every step I made brought me ever closer to sleep, I felt water from my feet to my heart.
I was on the beach walking from the shallow to the bottom. My gaze was focused on the water, trying to make the next step, the stones and the algae that I felt on my toes, helped me understand where I was. When I looked up I understood that I was returning to the same island. The sun was ready to fall or set. At the matter of fact it did not matter, it feels good to be in the water. I was back on this island through my inspirations. I did a very long flight to the island I fell in love. My words and my phrases created with invisible subtlety the woman I'm in love with. Would I be able to see and remember this story to tell from scratch? I was not on a fantasy island. There were people who swam in the sea, leaped from the rocks, drank and laughed at the shore, staring at the sun and the clouds. Everybody laughs and there was a picture from reality. All around me seemed like they were rehearsing a world I dreamed about... I looked at the people in the sea, people who laughed and entertained, looking to the woman I fell in love with...
My sleeping on the half-moon couch, was disturbed by a deep sigh. My body was numb, my feet and my eyes seemed to be wet. It was better for my numb body to be under the shower than to be stranded in that place. The story of the island was around my mind. I went back to the couch. When I thought I would continue to write the story, there was a mail in my phone.
-HELLO, I'm Zeynep Yldrm. I read with great surprise the story you sent me. If you want to read the sequel of the story that I wrote, I sent you in the attachment. Have a nice day.
"I was in the sea, I looked around, as if something was waiting for me in the water. Among the smiling and happy people, there was someone who saw the sea in front of him. It was clear that he was a stranger on the island. His steps were full of fear. The beauty of the place gave him a courage to make his steps bigger. I met the man and knew who was he. The man I fell in love with came back to the island..."

DefLeppard thumbnail
Latest Essay from Engin "Breath in the dark".
Credit : EA Asiapacific FC

https://twitter.com/engina_apfc/status/1015927598830911489/photo/1
DefLeppard thumbnail

Disclaimer : Solely my point of view.

Decoding A Breath in the Dark

The story beings with demise of a blind, old man who is Hakan's grandpa. The narrator fondly remembers grandpa as Uncle Ismet whose personal tragedy of losing eye sight was overcome by the joy of giving, taking the neighborhood kids for outings etc. without losing the smile or style to his walk!!
Distinct memories being April 23rd Children's day and October 29th Republic day at Turkey, when Uncle Ismet would spoil the kids to choices at Ankara's city center and Stadium, now with a reason to celebrate.

Life, laugh and love of Uncle Ismet has charmed all the kids, especially the narrator who goes on to describe an incident from Eid during his young adulthood. The traditions of Eid celebrations are explained as to how the entire household participates readiness to meet & greet the kith & kin.
Every kid looks forward to collect his/her allowance Eidi given by elders?

Uncle Ismet visits the narrator's family on the day of Eid, while the customaries are exchanged, the old man runs out of his supply of cigarettes. He refuses to borrow and narrator is promptly run on an errand to buy it for him. It's very strange that Ismet refused to take up, because smokers bond over shared puffs! Don't they??

The rest of the story details into narrator's search for a pack of cigarettes. Being a public holiday season, he finds challenged to find shops opened and stocked. When the pursuit extends to adjacent neighborhood, the narrator's self-pride is hurt because he feels obligated to find them for his favorite Uncle Ismet. Mission Impossible.

As if it were his reward to find the cigarettes, the boy nervously opens the packet to take his first puff. By then his family is frantically searching for him and his neighborhood in on alert with agencies trying to calm the situation.
If guilty of his indulgence and negligence was not enough, him being caught red-handed by Uncle Ismet adds to his woes. Uncle Ismet shares a few tips of life before they walk back into the festivities.

So this is Engin's message for International Day against drug abuse and illicit trafficking (falls on 26th June) whose 2018 theme was to "Listen First - Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe." May be.

The iron triangle of this story is made from three vertices Eid, Ismet (which means purity in Arabic/Turkish) and breathing.

Without being a subject expert on religion or Eid, the common understanding is that in the holy month of Ramadan, people practicing this religion fast during the day, offer prayers and give alms etc. to rinse the guilty of wrong doings. At the University of Karma, the Almighty is eager to test his students and uses relative grading formula too.

Now let's examine the usage of breathing in this story. Breathing is the bridge between mind and body, the connection between consciousness and unconsciousness, the movement of spirit in matter. In fact in many languages the words for spirit and breath are one and the same (Sanskrit prana, Greek pneuma, Latin spiritus). Breathing is special in several respects. It is the only function you can perform consciously as well as unconsciously, and it can be a completely voluntary act or a completely involuntary act. It is the key function to regulate, develop and improve our physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Breathing has direct connections to emotional states and moods.

Ismet was a happy man because he was pure and didn't have anything to hide; almost childlike in his thoughts and actions. It was Eid for him every day.
Boy was living in the trappings of the adolescence which pushed his curiosity to smoke a cigarette and feel guilty. He needs an Eid to shed the guilty consciousness
Society who had just celebrated Eid, never shared the empathies which boy's parents and got back to being scornful & selfish on the inconvenience caused. They need another Eid season too!!

Boy running around for cigarette and fright of getting caught had breathing rapid & shallow which had shown his focus and tension.
Boy's mother in gale and neighborhood dazed had breathing noisy and irregular which had shown them being troubled.
And finally Ismet's slow relaxed breathing showed his settled mind and completely de-stressed.

Once again, a very subtle message is being attempted to readers to use breathing techniques for a settled mind, which keeps cleansing your thoughts periodically to remain balanced and conscious. Let it be Eid celebrations every day in our lives.

DefLeppard thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Latest essay from Engin - The Same Face -Ayni Yuz
Thank you Sakhi for sharing this.