Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 96

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Our India the Land of Festivals..Happy Makar Sankranti,Happy Pongal, Magh Bihu, Lohri, Uttarayana to everyone. Every Region of India North, South, East & West is celebrating a local festival. May the season bring prosperity and love to all...and esp to our beloved Engin โค๏ธ

hshan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Disclaimer: This is solely my interpretation.

Decoding - One Evening

The narrator is spending an evening with beloved girl at an expensive restaurant. While he is almost enjoying the food, the company and the ambience, his focus shifts to a known person sitting few tables away.

Without much suspense the narrator explains that the known person is his ex-GF, whom he had not met in the last 3 years. While he subconsciously recalls little details about her, he is quick to take mental notes of her being engaged and her man seated next to her etc. His two month old beloved quickly recognizes the change in behavior of the narrator and puts a natural question of "are you ok?" *iyi misin*. As quirky analogy of an under prepared student attending an exam, the narrator disguises his distracted mind with a smile and stuffs in the food.
There is also a curious man watching narrator's changing body language, as if he were to validate him. In spite of shrugging off looming thoughts on his ex-GF, her happiness and existence, there is a certain inquisitiveness which the narrator cannot withhold. Generally the past and present are not supposed to meet; it would create an anomaly called jealousy.
This takes him to follow her to rest room. (In fact I was imaging Engin as baker boy Kadir who did such insane stuff in Yabanci Damat :) ) The ex-GF gives him a death of thousand cuts, with much sweat and no blood shed.

Embarrassed with his behavior, he walks out of the restaurant for fresh air. He meets a knave who assumes the narrator having a smoke break and lights a cigarette. Walking close behind, is his ex-GF who also picks up a cigarette. Apparently it's their first puff with more coughs: D. The narrator foolishly assumes that smoke patterns to be her kisses, until interrupted by the knave who has been smoking since 28 years!!

The rendezvous ends, and narrator finds himself worse awkward situation when the ex-beloved, beloved and ex-beloved's man are at his table!!

Is it as good as sipping a Brain freezer? (Popular cocktail) or is it another relationship mess up summary or just another diary of one evening?

Have ever heard the concept of advanced awareness/consciousness? I decode that Engin is trying to introduce this to us with a oodles of OTT (Over the top) silly and difficult situations.*giggled reading the stuffing of meat, drinking water with haste etc.*

In the beginning of this essay the narrator laughs at the thought of his ex-GF sitting in the same restaurant at the same time. He is in a state of unawareness. Then he experiences powerlessness or lack of control with random thoughts in the chaotic setup due to self-awareness of ex-GF's presence and his beloved's concern. He stops to take audit of her eating, her high heels, her man and what not...to become aware of his faulty beliefs that she might not be happy etc. This is when he enters the state of higher awareness.

With the change in the awareness, the movement of perception also changes. Until the narrator hits the self-awareness, he unconsciously perceives the lives - his and ex-GF according to his illusions which he considers to be true, but might not be. As he prepares for his "exams" by walking to the rest room, his intelligence supports in discerning what is true. This is when he begins to realize that ex-GF is no longer interested with him and walks away nonchalantly. And finally he understands the need of control via a cigarette on a cold winter day, he opens to intuition.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift - Albert Einstein

Engin's message to his readers is very loud and clear. See with intuition - not illusion.
Intuition, our sixth sense, is our brain's and body's ability to sense truth and make good decisions without having to rely solely on using data/evidence (observation or experience) and analytical reasoning (theory or logic). We need to develop the ability to sense and respond to the existing changes (similar to the dramatic turn of events at the restaurant).
Haven't we seen the futility of using empirical data (what happened in the past) to predict what is happening today or could happen in the near future. Time and time again, we see that today's social and ecological challenges no longer respond adequately to yesterday's solutions. We are undergoing a time of radical transformation where our past experience does not provide the answers we currently seek.

To conclude, the only way to change the what we see in the outer world is to change the perspective within ourselves which is randomly responding to negative triggers from outer world; commonly called wandering minds playing the roles of beloved x, y, z. ;-)

Once again, I am awestruck by the subtle push of the neo thinking via popular narration of a relationships, gender dominant intuition and funny scenes at the table.

Ustad, take a bow.:download:

PS:

Oh btw he takes several digs at women who binge eat and hit the gym or flaunt their arm candies with large diamond rings or entire social circuit which is so artificial (read as plastic) with gypsum board fixed smile. *he gets really mean, doesn't he?*

Happy New 2018 to all Engin fans :)

Thanks for the encoding. Helped a lot.
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Engin is back with another thought-provoking sensitive story ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Hats off to our Engin bey for his amazing thoughts...Mashallah, what a powerhouse of talent he is...am really proud to be his fan
Vidscim, waiting for your decode of this story ๐Ÿ˜›

KOR TALIH/BAD LUCK

By Engin Akyurek/Kafasina Gore

His old body was not among the regulars of the table at which I drank my tea. The old man who sold lottery tickets would show kindness and read poems to everybody but would never stop by at my table. Although the "National Lottery hat on his head would lighten his maturity that came with his age, he wore his wrinkles on his face like epaulettes he earned. It was as if an invisible hand came, laid him down, carbon copied his body, gave him back the copy of it and then the old man locked the original in a mothball smelled storage.
While I was sipping the best part of my tea, the old man came to my table for the first time and extended the tickets toward me with his old veined hands:
"Here, son.
"Thanks pop.
"Last three tickets left.
"Thanks, pop. I don't like chance games.
The old man's eyes shined like a cat eye. He was holding the last three tickets like creditors pounding at the door.
"Why?
"I don't like it. I'm afraid of losing my peace if I win.
"Last three tickets, buy one.
"Thanks, no pop.
His head under the hat looked like it was drawn with a fine tipped pencil. His face was sharp like his tongue and his eyes were like absorbing like a sponge. If I laughed, he would laugh. If I cried, he would burst into tears. People who lived through a lot would have such expression in their eyes. When he extended the last three tickets again:
"I don't like it.
"Why?
"You said only three left. Ticket sellers usually keep the last tickets for themselves. If someone is going to win, let it be you.
I had used an old knowledge as an excuse to get rid of him. Putting those tickets into inner pocket of his jacket, he said:
"I never buy the last tickets. Actually I never buy a ticket.
"How come?
Pushing the table he stood against, he had just hunkered down on the spot like a dry branch. His eyes turned from the eyes of a cat into the eyes of a tiger who caught its prey. When he raised his hand without saying a word and the waiter nodded, I understood that he wanted to drink some tea. He had looked into my eyes with a glance that smiles and cries at the same time and that makes him piss himself laughing while crying. When his tea was served, sipping his tea with a serious countenance, he said:
"Look son, I will tell you a story that I didn't tell anyone before.
He sounded peaceful and didactic:
"It was 1970. In those years, the first prize of the national lottery used to cause a lot of excitement so that rich or poor, everybody would wait the day the first prize would be announced. Anyway, there was a young man named Fehmi who lived in Istanbul. He was originally from Aksaray, Nigde. When he was 10 years old, his father moved to Istanbul after he had had it with his relatives and his townsmen. Fehmi barely finished middle school. Son, you know how it is when a little boy comes to a big city from a small town. Nowadays, it is very hard to tell peasants apart from townies. In those years, peasants would hesitate to get into teahouses to drink tea. Anyway, our Fehmi started selling lottery tickets during the day and working as a cab driver at night when he became a young man. I am telling all these to make you memorize the story better. He also loved a girl named Meral who is beautiful like a model. She would sometimes stare at him. However, she was a high school graduate and was born and raised in Istanbul. She had many suitors. Fehmi was an intelligent person and knew that her father would never consent their marriage. Fehmi and his girl used to stare at each other secretly but never got a chance to talk.
Fehmi started to suffer because of his love but he really loved his man-in-love image when he looked in the mirror. It gave his life a meaning. If he was going to cry, he cried inside. If he was going to laugh, his laughter was more meaningful. He used to tell himself "The worst case, we can elope. The girl's father Osman the English was a retired chief constable. They called him English because of his colored eyes and his hair slicked back with a lemon juice. He was so tall that he would not fit doors; he was so loud that people's ears would hurt; the smell of lemon on his hair was so strong that it arrived ahead of him. Shopkeepers knew him from his working days and used to call him Osman the Giaour (1). He was a very stubborn man. They say his wife died because of his stubbornness. According to rumor, she called him "Osman the Giaour before she gave her last breath and hence, he did not want to go to her wife's funeral and he was forcibly taken to the funeral. Therefore, it was very unlikely that he would allow her daughter to marry Fehmi. He would beat the hell out of anyone who called him "Giaour. As for Fehmi, he used to try to find a way to see Meral. One day, Fehmi caught Meral in a secluded place and told her that he loved her. The girl giggled and, throwing her hair back, said: "You're always sneaking around our house. My father will kill you if he catches you. They talked and talked. Fehmi said "I will kidnap you. The girl giggled again and pulled away in a way Fehmi could not understand. Son, I know I am talking your head off, but if a story is not told like this, then it tastes like a rotten sour apple. Anyway... Fehmi spent sleepless nights while thinking about what to do and finally decided to face the girl's father. He went to Osman the English with his parents and asked for his daughter's hand in marriage with the command of God and the word of the prophet. Osman stayed silent and showed them the door with his looks. Of course, Fehmi's mother is a proud woman and like every mother who was shown the door said "Osman the Giaour! Fehmi put his mind to kidnap Meral. The girl already gave him the signal. First, they would go to Nigde, to their village, then, God knows where. They would elope during the New Year because when Osman the English have a few too many Raki (2) he would sleep like a log. Fehmi was so excited that he could not sleep for days. He focused on his work not to make other people get suspicious.
On the New Year's Eve, Fehmi kissed his parents' hands and went to the teahouse. He started waiting among people who drink and dance. When the clock hit twelve, the National Lottery first prize drawing was live on TV. The owner of the teahouse, Ibo (short name for Ibrahim), poked Fehmi with his voice: "Fehmi, how many tickets did you keep for yourself? But Fehmi's mind was on Meral. When he was about to leave, Ibo again asked: "Your ticket? Fehmi pulled out the tickets from his inner pocket and sat in front of the TV not to draw Ibo's attention. Ibo was a friend with the Devil. He would immediately get suspicious and tell on him. The first prize numbers was being announced on the TV but Fehmi's eyes were on the clock rather than the numbers. The speaker said "7, 4, 6, 0, 5, 5, 6 and Fehmi suddenly said "oh my GOD. He said it in such a way that nobody understood what was going on. Then Fehmi started screaming like a crazy. He was about to lose it. People in the teahouse congratulated him, danced Halay with him, and happily carried him off the ground on their shoulders to Fehmi's house. While hugging his parents, he remembered Meral. He told his parents that he would ask her father for his daughter's hand in marriage like a rich person would do. Osman gave his consent when Fehmi asked for it. They got a wonderful wedding that lasted for three days and three nights. He loved Meral so much that he did whatever she asked for. Fehmi did not know anything about money anyways. They helped distance relatives, paid for other people's weddings and circumcision ceremonies in the neighborhood. Then, it was time for Fehmi's military service. Before getting a chance to sleep in his new house, he went to Sivas to do his military service. Meral got all his money to establish a business. Fehmi was a man who would give his everything to the woman he loved.
A long winter passed and Fehmi was counting to days for his discharge. But Meral hadn't been answering his phone calls or letters anymore. Fehmi felt that something was wrong. He got a permission from his commanders and set off for Istanbul. The door of his house was locked and there was no money in the bank. Even Osman the English did not know his daughter's whereabouts. Fehmi pensively got back to his post. Sometimes, he wanted to desert from his post but his parents stopped him saying that this was a national service. Time was so slow. He called his parents every day. He even called Osman the English. They notified the police and the gendarme. When he finished his military service and got back home, his mother cursed Meral and even called her "wh**e. Then his father slowly told him what happened. Meral withdrew all the money in the bank and eloped with another man to abroad. The, his parents received the divorce petition. His mother called her "wh**e again. Fehmi did not say a word. The divorce petition had hurt him the most and he suffered greatly. Osman the English was so ashamed that he could not get out of his house. That tall and well-built man became overweight and died of grief. Fehmi buried him when nobody wanted to bury him. On the trial day, Meral did not even look at his face at the court and told the judge "irreconcilable differences for her reason to divorce. She hired the best attorney in the country whereas Fehmi asked for a help from a lawyer in the neighborhood. Like every honored person would do, he said "if she wants a divorce, then let's divorce. Everybody told him not to give up his money but Fehmi did not care. All of these happened because of the money he won.
He sold the new house bought for himself and started drinking and gambling heavily. He went back to his parents' house after he lost everything. Since he did not have any occupation, he began to sell lottery tickets. Some people in the neighborhood mocked him for a while. He never kept the last tickets for himself again. He talked to himself a lot in the alehouse: "If I didn't win the lottery, I would be a happily married man with children. He never said a single bad word about Meral even though he sometimes thought about it. Son, Fehmi was sad about losing his beloved rather than his money. Therefore, I never buy the last tickets. As you pointed it out, I want to keep my inner peace.
The old man got up like a branch just turned green.
"Ok, pop. I will buy one.
"You misunderstood, son. I didn't tell this story to sell you a ticket.
"No, I really want to buy it.
"No ticket for you! Goodbye. Give your blessing for the tea.
"I do.
The old man went away, swinging the last three tickets in his hand. My tea had gotten cold and the old man's story and Fehmi had sat at my table. The waiter, putting my fresh tea on the table, said:
"Did he tell you?
"Tell me what?
"His story.
"What, was this his story?
"Very few people know the old man Fehmi's story. He doesn't tell it to everybody though.
"Really?
"Don't tell anybody but he had paid for my circumcision ceremony.
I was both astonished and sad. I heard the old man yelling:
"Last tickets!

(1) In Turkish, we have a word "Gavur which we use for people who are not Muslim.
(2) Traditional Turkish alcoholic drink.

Edited by vidya0906 - 6 years ago
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
https://youtu.be/-alkoKe48R4

Engin's new movie trailer.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vidya0906

Engin is back with another thought-provoking sensitive story ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Hats off to our Engin bey for his amazing thoughts...Mashallah, what a powerhouse of talent he is...am really proud to be his fan

Disclaimer : Solely my interpretation. Willing to discuss other views too.

Decoding - Bad Luck

The story opens at a tea house where the narrator hesitantly makes an effort to ward-off an old man who is also a National Lottery ticket seller. Like any seller who would like to wind up his day with last sales, the old man is persistent that the narrator to buy the last tickets. While the narrator politely refuses the hard sell from the salesman, he buys tea as a token of humanity.

The old man narrates a story of a young man- Fehmi who falls in love with a girl/woman Meral , and the differential of their socio-economic conditions are blurred when the emotions over power them.

Now is Engin writing an anniversary tribute to his drama Olene Kader, where all the central characters of the old man's story fits to a T except for the mafia, killer brother and his lawyer sister Or is Engin talking of the days when young girls run away with men who give them material comforts or does he make a point on the one sided love of young men who destroy their lives pining for women they loved Devdas(1) revisited?

In fact if this was a multiple choice question, I would like the option "None of the above. ;-)

My guess is that Engin has tried to deliver a very complex, debatable and fuzzy concept here!!

Let's step back and read the definition of Chance, Luck, Fate and finally Destiny.

• Chance is the random occurrences that surround us and plays an important role in everyone's life. How you handle the various things that chance throws at you, is of course a matter of choice.
  • Luck is the success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.
  • Fate is externally controlled; it is the things that happen because of some external power or intelligence intended. Not everyone believes in fate.
  • Destiny are the events that will necessarily happen to a you in the future.

Young Fehmi takes a chance to fancy a young girl Meral. He develops deep feelings without her consent and finally gets lucky to find her acceptance. Fehmi knows that Meral's father Osman would never accept their love, and he convinces his parents to ask her hand in marriage.

Osman shuns the proposal as he wanted to write (control maybe) the destiny of his daughter. (Remember he was a stubborn man, who refused to attend his wife's funeral. Hence subjectively to be concluded as a man with ego). A vindictive mother wishes for ill fate on Osman as a Giaour!!

Lady luck smiles on his life. He elopes successfully with Meral and wins the years' finale lottery making him rich by accident. Sadly Fehmi fate was controlled by the money he won and his newly married wife elopes with another man. A heart broken Fehmi resigns to his fate (caused by the bad luck of the lottery winning) and withers away to oblivion to call it destiny.

In the beginning, the narrator rejects the idea of buying tickets; Does taking chance means losing peace of mind?

Why would Fehmi never talk ill on Meral or her actions?

And finally in the end why didn't the old man sell the tickets to the narrator?

In classic mechanics, everything is bound by fate and governed by laws of physics and hence Einstein's statement "God does not throw dice?:D After many developments, quantum mechanics decisively proved that every development in the world is probabilistic and happens by chance. Einstein realized his mistake and said "I have earned the right to be wrong. :P

However in Karmic mechanics chance, fate, and destiny are fundamentally similar except for their power in generating a particular sign of the willful force. Fate is stronger than chance. Destiny is stronger than fate. On a scale of probability of generating a particular manifestation, you could say that chance is at the lowest level. Fate is in the middle, thus having a greater chance. Destiny is at the top, thus having the greatest chance. Most of the significant events in our lives occur due to fate or destiny, rather than by chance or luck.

Fehmi takes a chance to realize his dreams, but maybe his choices were wrong eloping with Meral, handing over the lottery win to her etc. And ultimately his mother blames Fehmi's fate for all the misfortunes. Perhaps he realizes that fate of winning the money was silently re-writing his destiny too. Lines "Fehmi was sad about losing his beloved rather than his money clearly brings out the beauty of his character.*love this part*. However Fehmi surrendering to events and squandering all the remaining wealth and money with a willful conscience was an exemplification of loser.

This message from Engin is a sublime beauty to say that fate is what happens when you don't take responsibility for your life, destiny is what happens when you commit to growing, learning, and taking chances. Being "destined for greatness only comes through active and conscious decisions. But fate is what happens when you let other people and external circumstance dictate your life.

Good Karma + Kismet can never bring you bad luck!!

And an old Fehmi wins the lottery again from those last tickets. Kim bilir ;-)

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devdas

PS: Giaour (Isn't there a Byron poem by the same?)

Edited by DefLeppard - 6 years ago
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vidya0906

KOR TALIH/BAD LUCK

By Engin Akyurek/Kafasina Gore

I loved this one! I could imagine him smiling wryly while writing this, poking subtle mockery at those girls who see their suitors in terms of the thrills, freedom or lavish lifestyle they can offer. Not much has changed since the youth of the old man who sold those lottery tickets to the narrator!

Engin's stories do show cynicism about love, though. ๐Ÿค” Not too surprising considering the times we live in, where people have forgotten that you have to FEEL at least as much (if not more) than you SHOW.
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Engin's latest interview in Kafasina Gore. God bless the translators. โค๏ธ

"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT''
Interview with Engin Akyrek in Kafasina Gre (Mar-Apr 2018)
Interviewer - We are doing this interview and soon we will enjoy the premiere of the new film, in which you participated (ocuklar Sana Emanet). But you also write for Kafasina Gre. What is the sensation of telling the story about a new movie in a magazine, in which your stories also appear in each issue?
Engin - My 19th story will be published in this issue. For people who write professionally, this situation is not something extraordinary, but for me it is a unique feeling. I am a man who deals with acting. A literary and humorous magazine publishes my stories and now in the same magazine I can talk about my new movie. This is very good for me. Kafasina Gre magazine has been in the market for three years. Over time, it won its loyal readers and in the future there will be even more of them. When I started, I did not think I would write all the time, but over time I liked it. I never had problems with writing. I had stories in my head and I wanted to do something about it. I was open about suggestions for Kafasina Gre magazine. But giving an interview in this same magazine about my performance is particularly pleasant.
Interviewer - The magazine includes the stories you have written, and now also the story of the film, which you can tell us from the point of view of the performance. Do you watch your filmography ? You only participated in two films before: the first is "Kader" and the second, "Bi Kk Eyll Meselesi". Is it due to lack of time?
Engin - In fact, it's not the moment, of course. In the same way, in work and in my life, I do not discipline myself or adhere to strict rules. This means that I do not have rules. Everything can change. Of course, I have my vision of the work and the systematics of the preparation time. It's not about the lack of time, but about whether you can enter a movie based on the content. If you really believe and want to participate in it, you can do it in a short time. The main reason is to have a very good script, a good story to those who want to give your heart and your soul. If all this happens, the six-month preparation period can be reduced to one month. The most important thing is how you will use it this time.
Interviewer - Do you read the script, meet and discuss it? How is your conversation, you already knew it before?
Engin - When we met with aan and talked about the film, about the problems described in the script, I saw honesty in his soul and in his eyes. When we were filming, I discovered that he really believes in himself and wants to show the truth, and that is the most important thing when it comes to implementing something. If you ask me why I participated in this film, I will say that I saw the truth in what aan wants to do. He really wanted to talk about this.
Interviewer - At what point did you make the decision to participate in this film? Based on the script or after a conversation with aan Irmak?
Engin - I always take a cautious approach with the script. It is very important, but more important are the feelings that it releases and that will be shared with the director. It was a script that left no hints and clearly pointed out the director's requirements. After reading, I said: "I want to do this work". Like all the actors, I wanted to know what was in the head of the director. That day when I met him and saw his focus on the subject, his participation, I said to myself: "I want to work in this movie".
Interviewer - aan Irmak, is a talented and acclaimed director, describes his film with the words "A man with a single touch can hurt and heal another person". When you read the script, how this touched your innerself?
Engin - The creators of the film are always interested in how it will be captured by the public. In this movie, I was interested in everything, in fact this movie has a second ending. You start reading and you realize that the problem is deeper. I think this movie is very suitable for modern people. Some of us are very well camouflaged, others say it is strong. The tragedy of Kerem, of which the scenario speaks, is based on a character whose problems are not easy to accept. Everyone can meet them in their surroundings hidden in the twilight. It will make viewers thought change after seeing the film.
Interviewer - Will Kerem's story told in the movie give us any answers? Will it show any solution?
Engin- This is not the right approach. The film evolves with its history and dramatic plot. Everyone can find an answer through their different points of view, their feelings, their sensitivity to cruelty, or pretend that they do not realize this problem. This movie will make us look at each other face to face. It will touch the most sensitive corners of our soul and it will make that viewers thought change after watching the film.
Interviewer - Do you talk about the script, do you interpret the papers, what feelings and experiences did the film leaved you?
Engin - I do not want to reveal the feelings on which the script of the film is based, but it is still full of hope. If life overwhelms us with its burden of pain, we would become bitter and stop procreating. In life, we must be strong, have hope and courage, to speak out loud about problems, because thanks to this we will overcome difficulties, besides this we will learn more about life, we have to believe that until the end. This is actually the movie. I can summarize it in the following way: "Life is beautiful no matter what".
Interviewer - Let's talk about the shooting time. You started shooting in Istanbul, then you continued in Assos, and the final was completed in Dubrovnik. What can you tell us about the filming? All went well? What impressions did you have left after the end?
Engin - We were nervous, very nervous. Sometimes, the end of the film brings a bit of peace, the ending is usually in that atmosphere. There is sadness, but there is also joy. "Everything went so well that it was a shame to stop", that feeling was the one that existed at the end of the filming. At least in me and in aan.
Interviewer - Ok, and Dubrovnik?
Engin - For me that's an unusual place, I did not expect it to be such an impressive place, it left a great impression on me. This was in the last period of filming and in this sense the then mood, described the basic feelings of the film.
Interviewer - What is the main message of the film?
Engin - Actually, I've said almost everything, and I can not say more because it would not be good, but I can say that the basic moods that accompany it are: cleaning, searching, getting rid of a burden, healing.
Interviewer - From the beginning, answering questions or giving a definition, you add: "In this case, it just happened, but it should not be the rule." Do you always follow only professional and universal principles?
Engin - The main rule is to speak to not break any rules. In many aspects, when I accept a project, when I want to participate in it, I know more or less what I want to do, but I must know what a particular director requires, even if it does not follow the same rules. Because this can change in any project .
Interviewer - Each project you work on and each character you play is a trip for you. And after each trip, something remains in one. We leave some memories in the places we travel and some of them we take with us. Has something like this happened to you in this movie?
Engin - We are focused on where we come from and where we are going, what we should choose and what we would choose. In relation to humanity, in relation to life, compared to today, a human reflection is generally dissatisfied. When we begin to create our beautiful life, each one of us is guided by what Kerem says: "You must try to do everything possible to improve your life". I'm trying to live like this. Even if you paint the basket next to the door in a colorful way, it will be for something. Find your way, others will find their own, and I will find my own way. We can not color the whole world, but if everyone tries to make his garden beautiful, then the world will become more beautiful.
Interviewer - In the final phase, it's just a movie! There is love, drama and secrets in it. It can be said that it is a psychological thriller. But we are talking about good things. Does it seem that this scenario consists of different situations?
Engin - I do not want to talk about dividing the world into two parts. Whatever it was, this story happened in these lands. In this sense, we use the codes of these lands. No matter what, the people of Anatolia learned to look at life and the future with hope. We are the successors of a thousand cultures. We have taken many things from others and those things have also happened in history. In the film, matching these periods with each other is not the goal, but the only way. It is a way of telling a story. The story of the people told in a universal way.
Interviewer - Talking about universality, at the time the film will be shown in Turkey, it will be shown simultaneously in the Latin American continent and in other countries abroad. Does this excite you?
Engin - A lot.! It is so amazing and exciting. It's great and it makes me happy. The fact that we have reached such a point gives us great pleasure. I am sure (we have already spoken), although we are divided by culture and languages, the film has such a universal message that no code is a limit. All we have to do is change the names and replace them with others, the movie can be filmed anywhere in the world. Because it is a story with which we can meet at any latitude. That's why I'm interested in how it will develop. I think the film will be attractive and the universal values hidden in it will not give the impression of being a foreign film.
Interviewer - The series in which you worked is shown in more than one hundred countries and Kafasna Gre has a large number of readers. Since its appearance, it has been sent to all corners of the world. Now the same thing is happening with your movie. Did you ever dream about that?
Engin - No. This is amazing because we did not count on that. If we had planned it, I could give you a more accurate answer to this question. Because we did not have anything and this situation appeared completely unexpectedly, I can say with conviction that I am satisfied. We are talking here of very different geographical destinations. They are not just neighboring countries, they differ in culture and climate. We are from different regions of the world and we speak different languages. But as I said before, we feel the same suffering and the same feelings, we fall in love and experience pain in our body in the same way. The same things happen to us and we live the same way. There are things that should divide us, but the things that connect us also unite us so much, and being part of this is extraordinary for me.
Interviewer - How wass working with aan Irmak?
Engin - First of all, aan is a very experienced director. He knows exactly what to do and how to do it. It's good when you have a person on the set, in which you believe, in which you see honesty and who will take the problem seriously at any time. This is very important because I do not think that this story can be filmed without any problem. First, I tried to understand what I was thinking. Why did this man write it? Why would he want to reveal it? I found many common denominators.
Interviewer - Did you shoot in summer clothes in October?
Engin - That's my luck. (Laughs). In Assos, it's very cold in the early morning, it's a mountainous town. During the running of each film, the weather is a problem due to the geographical location and the season. It was necessary to endure the cold, but these were wonderful days.
Interviewer - I know that after the filming of the last scene in Dubrovnik, a storm broke out.
Engin - That was because we finished filming..! The weather said enough, winter should finally arrive.
Interviewer - Will you do something else with aan Irmak?
Engin - If I did, I think it would be great. I do not know if aan would like to work with me again. I have not seen this movie yet, but I think we will all be very happy with the result. I hope the audience likes it. So why not?
Traduccin al ingls por Gloria Teresa Torres para Engin Akyrek Puerto Rico - Akyrek Puerto Rico
sakhisangni thumbnail
@Defleppard you did not post your decodings here for the latest story?
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sakhisangni

@Defleppard you did not post your decodings here for the latest story?

It's there in the previous page :)
sakhisangni thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

It's there in the previous page :)

Strange ways of absent mindedness, I think I saw it few days back and gave a like too but completely forgot that I read it here TOO. ๐Ÿ˜†
Thanks for reminding though ๐Ÿ˜Š