Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 89

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: blyton

I agree about Elcin, there is nothing great about her as an actress. It's just that I can't imagine Neslihan making a good screen pair with Engin. She may be a brilliant actress but she doesn't exude that warmth somehow. I haven't watched Kara Sevda so I may be wrong. Another thing which put me off Neslihan was the behaviour of some of her fans on social media, shipping her with Burak to the extent of trying to put Fahriye down. I don't want any of that drama around Engin.

I still have to finish downloading BBO. The whole setting is rather grim and depressing. Plus the lead actress doesn't do the show any favours either. Crazy Mustafa will be a treat to watch; I just hope the story doesn't make me hate him.

Ah uh, NesBur fans are a LOT more sober when compared to the ElBar (Elcin Sangu + Baris Ardoc) loonies on social media, trust me🥱 Speaking of drama around Engin, I think you've not come across some hardcore EnTu fans (aka Tuba fans) who are hell bent on getting him married to her🤢or the moronic Tuvanc fans who bash Kivanc's wife for apparently not allowing him to kiss her passionately in CvG. I think he's faced the worst already so Neslihan fans are not gonna be that belligerent, I am sure. Plus she's a brilliant actress in emotional scenes and can totally MATCH up to Engin in such scenes. It's just that she might look too young next to him (especially in his current mustached look which makes him look older than his age).
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A little discussion on why i did not like Narin in BBO and why writers failed to make mustafa a hated character:
About BBO, the character Narin was supposed to be a plain jane but mustafa is obsessed with her for no reason coz of a mental disorder she was not supposed to be beautiful or charming. She is supposed to be naive, weak and spineless and then with time she grows to become a strone willed woman who makes a place in society for herself.
The writer is playing the role of the doctors mother she was a very celebrated screenwriter of Turkey who passed away a few years ago. She chose actress melissa sozen for this role coz she excelled in auditions.

The role was written specifically for her but to even her surprise Engin was playin his character with alot of tones and viewers ended up siding with him because lets face it his eyes are so expressive and sad that when he says even the most pointless thing to justify his actions it sort of makes sense he he.

In comparison to Mustafa the character of narin came across weak because I think melissa could not hold her own as an actress infront of Engin. Also the character was not given a strong reason to reject his advances. so instead of helpless she came across as thankless. She did go through alot of horrifying situatuons and you feel bad for her but there was no breather in between. Back to back panauti for her made her irritating to watch and it seems writers decided they secretly hate her n so her charactwr should suffer all the time.

Another point I noted was that they imply mustafa is an abusive husband and very violent with narin but they never show it on screen (the only time they ever do show him hit her is when he gets her a comb and asks to brush her hair n she burns the room down randomly). so its hard to accept what the writers are tryin to push forward as a idea.

Everytime he would do something terrible, right after it they would make his character do somthing adorable or end up having seizures or have a mental breakdown and you end up feeling sorry for him instead of mad at him. They dont give space between his bad actions and seizures.

And when they realize 'oh we forgot to show he is abusive lets try to fix that onscreen', they do somthing to piss of the collective fandom...spoiler below.

**Spoiler**
In end of season 1 mustafas character goes berserk and totally has a Sharukh khan from Darr inspired Kkkiran mental breakdown with kidnapping, delusional ideas, rape, murder attempt, adultery etc etc. It is as if the writers figured thier error and tried to stuff every thing possibly bad in last 2. Episodes of first season to make him look like an Evil guy so the narrative of srries follows the pattern of thier initial ideas about his character evolution.

Literally u scream out that 'what drugs are the writers on??'

And then when this plan backfires when season 1 ends they try to go back on it an pretend he never did all that bad sruff. I mean no karma comes to bite him.

They writers probably thought 'viewers chose to not acknowledge all the bad he did in the last ep of season 1 so lets try to chuck all that crap we made him do into trash and start from point zero by making his character vulnerable and benign again'

They guve him the most horrifying mental treatment, make him go catatonic then make him a great father figure? Writers were so confused what to do with mustafa.

However Engin gave a stellar performance and I absolutely love his work in this series. He must have made work hell for writers lol.

SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I believe he will take up a series when the right offer comes up. Kanal D knows Engin series sell like hot cakes internationally so they wont give up on him hes a money making machine internationally.
Maybe in January we will see an announcment for a new series. Im totally done and fedup with mustery and thriller shows. I miss the late 2000's turkish TV era. All the shows were so emotion based and had some of the most iconic love stories. Even the historical shows are mediocre in thier narratuve at best. I had such hisgh hopes from kosem but alas its nothing like the mera sultan series.

im glad we have a movie to look forward to. I wonder what happened to the one he was rumoured to sign across beren. It was trending as a topic last year.
whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CaputDraconis

Marriage is not the be-all and end-all now, is it?In the climax, a maha ridiculous deus ex machina happens, and Kemal steps on a landmine and kills himself and Emir as a last-ditch attempt to save Nihan from Emir🤢

Yes, Emir is another quirky whackjob like Mustafa Bulut, played so well by Kaan Urgancolu. In fact, all the three actors have done a wonderful job in the show. If not for the trashy ending, I'd rate it as one of the best Turkish shows I've ever watched.😭

Oyku was also in Kosem, right? I've come across some clips on Instagram and she'd also recently waxed eloquent about Engin and Beren. I might just come to like her after all😆

Seems like Kaan is a heck amazing actor... I've come across so many praises for him, mostly the Beren fans who want to see her pairing up with him in a dizi. 😳

@Red- No offense to Hilal Hanim but... Kara Sevda is her show, so this isn't surprising. She tends to spoil the show either by unnecessarily dragged tracks or trashy endings.

You're right, Oyku played 'Dilruba Sultan' in Kosem. I guess it was some kinda gray-shaded character, she gets killed anyway. I came across a scene of her & Beren on youtube, and both girls were so amazing! 😳

@Bold- Well, it can happen. 😛 I won't say that Oyku is my favorite actress, its just that I started liking her with time. I was least appealed by her in KG, but I loved her in both KPA & Kosem as per whatever scenes I watched. In Kalp Atisi she's doing a fab job.
whiterose29 thumbnail
@Jaz- Those EnTu & TuVanc fans are way too ridiculous. 😆😆 I too have seen certain comments from them and its so off-putting, I mean after reading those I'm like-

Well, my hesitance for liking Nesli is totally my issue, who knows she might look good with Engin?! 😳 I won't make any judgments about her acting skills though, especially when I haven't properly seen KS. :)

Btw, does anyone here know anything about the show which rumored to have Elcin-Engin as lead couple?
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
@Whiterosecim: Just came across this info on Twitter, dunno about its veracity. Apparently Bugra Gulsoy will be opp. Elcin Sangu in a show called Gulizar.
May God save Bugracim😳
MrsAkyurek thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

I believe he will take up a series when the right offer comes up. Kanal D knows Engin series sell like hot cakes internationally so they wont give up on him hes a money making machine internationally.

Maybe in January we will see an announcment for a new series. Im totally done and fedup with mustery and thriller shows. I miss the late 2000's turkish TV era. All the shows were so emotion based and had some of the most iconic love stories. Even the historical shows are mediocre in thier narratuve at best. I had such hisgh hopes from kosem but alas its nothing like the mera sultan series.

im glad we have a movie to look forward to. I wonder what happened to the one he was rumoured to sign across beren. It was trending as a topic last year.

Ece Yorenc apparently quit CvG to work on Madonna script but then dunno what happened to that.
whiterose29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaputDraconis

@Whiterosecim: Just came across this info on Twitter, dunno about its veracity. Apparently Bugra Gulsoy will be opp. Elcin Sangu in a show called Gulizar.

May God save Bugracim😳

That's why I asked about the script of show which rumored to have Elcin-Engin as leads.😆 Is Gulizar the same show? And Bugra is now considered after Engin?

On other thoughts, I think Elcin would look taller in front of Bugra. 😕

@Bold- Dunno why but this cracked me up. 🤣
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: whiterose29

That's why I asked about the script of show which rumored to have Elcin-Engin as leads.😆 Is Gulizar the same show? And Bugra is now considered after Engin?

On other thoughts, I think Elcin would look taller in front of Bugra.😕

@Bold- Dunno why but this cracked me up. 🤣

Read in the other forum

Elcin Sangu's new partner will be Berk Erer in her new show Gulizar. they previously said it will be Bugra Gulsoy.

Thank God for small mercies 😆
Edited by sakhisangni - 7 years ago
whiterose29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sakhisangni

Read in the other forum

Elcin Sangu's new partner will be Berk Erer in her new show Gulizar. they previously said it will be Bugra Gulsoy.

Thank God for small mercies 😆

Okay now I dunno whether I should be happy or sad about this news. 🤣🤣