Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 88

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Engin is a very sharp man. He chooses his projects which gives him enough of challenges to deliver and understands the sentiments of his fans to package with romance etc.
My two cents, this would be very sublte story like movies of Sixth sense or Alive where we cannot miss a single scene and might have to watch it twice to understand. Kim bilir ;-)
whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CaputDraconis

I was watching KS but half way through I learnt about its sad ending and it put me off the show! Even though I liked the baddie more (well written + enacted gray shaded characters are my Kryptonite), I didn't want him to fudge up the lead couple's HEA in the end, so I quit, and started watching CvG instead. (This is also the major reason why I've not started on Olene Kadar. Sad endings for the heck of it are not my cup of tea). It had a really good premise, the cinematography and the direction are the best I've seen in a Turkish show and KivoTuba look so sinfully gorgeous together😳 They oft remind me of Kate and Leo. Anyway, I'm on episode 27, and I think it could have been so much better if the writer Ece Yorenc hadn't quit the show abruptly.

You've not watched KPA fully right? Oyku is there in that show as well and I kinda liked her there :)

KS has a sad ending? I have no idea about the story but I very well remember that Hilal shared too many wedding venue pics of NihKem on Instagram, when the show was nearing its end. So I assumed that they get married at the end. πŸ˜•

@Bold- Is that baddie played by Kaan U, as you and some others were discussing in Beren thread that day? 😳
I like how each character is written/enacted so perfectly in Turkish dizis, irrelevant of the character being positive/negative/gray shaded. πŸ‘πŸΌ You love the lead couple and the good ones, but you simply cannot ignore the gray shaded ones also. 😎
Though I've found this in various Pak shows too... They have some really well-written gray shaded characters which I absolutely loved. 😳

Me & Dummycim have had enough of sad endings...KG, OK. Ab bas. Now we also want to watch dizis with happy endings.

@Red- I have not watched even an episode of KPA tbh. πŸ˜† But yeah I've watched Oyku's scenes there and I really loved her as Ipek. ⭐️
Edited by whiterose29 - 7 years ago
whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Engin's new movie announcementπŸ₯³

Edited by whiterose29 - 7 years ago
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BenNevis

According to Medyatava Engin Akyurek's new partner in the film will be Hilal Altinbilek.The shooting will start on the 25th of September.

http://www.medyatava.com/.../engin-akyurekin-cagan-irmakin-ye...

Pardon the The Google Translation :

Engin Akyrek 's lead role for Filmin female actress was driving a talks with the candidates. Finally, the decision was taken and Hilal Altinbilek, who attracted attention with its different physics, took the role. Altnbilek, who gave life to the 4th season 'zlem' role in Karagl sequence, which was signed by Avar Film previously, will play the woman she loves in Engin Akyrek's name.

The project will also feature Sheriff Sezer. Cagan Irmak Filmin will then work with Serif Sezer in the Glizar series.

I so wished to see him a TVseries, now my hopes gone. I wonder how long will it take him to do another TV series?πŸ€”πŸ˜”

If he is not doing a TV series then why has he signed a contract with Kanal D? Or do they produce movies as well?

I read that his name in the movie will be Kerim and he will play an interior designer.😳
blyton thumbnail

Originally posted by: whiterose29

I find Elcin very much average as an actress, though if given a choice between her & Neslihan then I'd definitely prefer her over the latter. 😳 Dunno why but I can't bring myself to like Neslihan. πŸ€” Not meant to offend anybody, just stating my views. 😊

I wish Engin gets a strong lead because IMO it'll be very easy for him to overshadow all other characters with his powerful screen presence & acting.

His pairing with Beren will always be my favorite no matter what.

@Anjali- Don't worry, even a friend of mine watched KPA & continuously kept cribbing about how annoying that dizi becomes in later episodes, even she watched the entire show only for Engin. πŸ˜†
Surprisingly I never got any urge to watch it, rather I'm impatient to watch BBO to see Engin as the crazy Bulut. πŸ˜† He's worth-watching in unusual characters. πŸ‘πŸ‘

I agree about Elcin, there is nothing great about her as an actress. It's just that I can't imagine Neslihan making a good screen pair with Engin. She may be a brilliant actress but she doesn't exude that warmth somehow. I haven't watched Kara Sevda so I may be wrong. Another thing which put me off Neslihan was the behaviour of some of her fans on social media, shipping her with Burak to the extent of trying to put Fahriye down. I don't want any of that drama around Engin.

I still have to finish downloading BBO. The whole setting is rather grim and depressing. Plus the lead actress doesn't do the show any favours either. Crazy Mustafa will be a treat to watch; I just hope the story doesn't make me hate him.
Edited by blyton - 7 years ago
blyton thumbnail

@Blyton: If you're still watching KPA, ignore the scenes involving Niloufer and Metin like the plague. They are as awful as the MM duo of FGSN.

Thanks for the warning. πŸ˜† Niloufer has already managed to get on my nerves, though I did feel the actor playing Metin was excellent with his subtle expressions. I wish they could somehow take Tayyar's face off the screen. It makes me want to barf.🀒

More than even Omer and Elif, the story I am interested in seeing evolve is that of Arda and Pelin. They are just so cute! Don't give any spoilers though!πŸ˜›
BenNevis thumbnail

Originally posted by: blyton

If he is not doing a TV series then why has he signed a contract with Kanal D? Or do they produce movies as well?

I read that his name in the movie will be Kerim and he will play an interior designer.😳

Sorry Darling, I have no idea about his character in this film. Just shared info of EAUFC on FB.😳
Edited by BenNevis - 7 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail
@Anji
Maybe it works like this...
Engin in principle has signed up a series with Kanal D, who also have in house creative team. The fall dizi season begins towards end of year for shooting & preparation and finally airs by January or so.

Engin must be wrapping a 2 month movie schedule, while the dizi scripts take shape to go on floors.

Our boy is working hard!!
Edited by DefLeppard - 7 years ago
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blyton

I agree about Elcin, there is nothing great about her as an actress. It's just that I can't imagine Neslihan making a good screen pair with Engin. She may be a brilliant actress but she doesn't exude that warmth somehow. I haven't watched Kara Sevda so I may be wrong. Another thing which put me off Neslihan was the behaviour of some of her fans on social media, shipping her with Burak to the extent of trying to put Fahriye down.I don't want any of that drama around Engin.

I still have to finish downloading BBO. The whole setting is rather grim and depressing. Plus the lead actress doesn't do the show any favours either. Crazy Mustafa will be a treat to watch; I just hope the story doesn't make me hate him.

I am sure you'll not regret watching BBO and crazy Mustafa Bulut. Haven't heard anyone who has 😊
Though I would agree with you on the lead actress. As for hating goes, many do and many don't but for me with all his craziness, it was impossible to hate him. He literally sabotaged the script(if I may say so) πŸ˜† and I guess many more people were in team mustafa as compared to team narin( the victim and the leading lady) such was the character and the way it was played.
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: whiterose29

KS has a sad ending? I have no idea about the story but I very well remember that Hilal shared too many wedding venue pics of NihKem on Instagram, when the show was nearing its end. So I assumed that they get married at the end. πŸ˜•

@Bold- Is that baddie played by Kaan U, as you and some others were discussing in Beren thread that day? 😳
I like how each character is written/enacted so perfectly in Turkish dizis, irrelevant of the character being positive/negative/gray shaded. πŸ‘πŸΌ You love the lead couple and the good ones, but you simply cannot ignore the gray shaded ones also. 😎
Though I've found this in various Pak shows too... They have some really well-written gray shaded characters which I absolutely loved. 😳

Me & Dummycim have had enough of sad endings...KG, OK. Ab bas. Now we also want to watch dizis with happy endings.

@Red- I have not watched even an episode of KPA tbh. πŸ˜† But yeah I've watched Oyku's scenes there and I really loved her as Ipek. ⭐️

Marriage is not the be-all and end-all now, is it?In the climax, a maha ridiculous deus ex machina happens, and Kemal steps on a landmine and kills himself and Emir as a last-ditch attempt to save Nihan from Emir🀒

Yes, Emir is another quirky whackjob like Mustafa Bulut, played so well by Kaan Urgancolu. In fact, all the three actors have done a wonderful job in the show. If not for the trashy ending, I'd rate it as one of the best Turkish shows I've ever watched.😭

Oyku was also in Kosem, right? I've come across some clips on Instagram and she'd also recently waxed eloquent about Engin and Beren. I might just come to like her after allπŸ˜†