Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 84

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago
Thanks for the info @SaraFatma. :))
Elcin Sangu is really pretty, I saw some scenes of her in A Love Story. Let's see what new is stored in for us with Elcin-Engin pairing. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Elcin Sangu...hmm...haven't watched any of her shows. Is she a good actress?
Also, why hasn't EAUFC translated his story this time??? ๐Ÿ˜”
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blyton

Elcin Sangu...hmm...haven't watched any of her shows. Is she a good actress?

Also, why hasn't EAUFC translated his story this time???๐Ÿ˜”

Because they've officially forgotten about it ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Nothing is official about Engin's new project, the lady has announced twice on her official social media account that people should not believe any rumors floating about her new project so we can only wait and watch. It seems that Engin did sign up with the channel but the project and scenario are not finalized.
BenNevis thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

On Turk media the news is that Engin might work with Kanal D on a series opposite Elcin Sangu.

Turk media calls her the red vixen and successor of meryem uzerli (of mera sultan drama). She is the new favourite of Kanal D channel.

They are trying to cast a good hero for her and Engin's name keeps popping up. Everyone is waiting to see if he said yes or no to the script.

She's very pretty no doubt and with Engin we can expect a good chemistry. The script is heavily romance based with mystery apparently. Let's see what happens.

Hi Sara

I know you follow & share great info of the Turkish Dramas which are worth watching.
Are you following "Kalp Atisi"(Heart Beat) the Turkish version of Korean Drama "Doctors"?
Oyku Karayel & Gokhan Alkan as the lead pair.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey there.
I was watching ' 'kara sevda' and 'ask laftan anlamaz'.
These days I'm following Kosem Sultan season 2 on urdu1 channel and waiting for 'Ayeshegul' on urdu1 channel as well.

And recently finished 'ek haseena ek deewana' dubbed in urdu which was just ok not too amazing coz I feel Tuba had better chemistry with Engin and with kivanc it was kinda boring as no storyline really and useless interaction between the couple otherwise when they are not making out which gets censored so we are left with bland romance.

Lately they show intimacy or make out sessions in place of romance in Turk dramas and urdu1 ki censorship ki Churi Kuch chorti hi nahi hai so couples romance is so boring to watch in Urdu dubs which is why I did not enjoy EHED.
I'm not really a fan of oyku I don't think anyone likes her here at all and even in Kosem sultan also bus Guzaara Tha lol.
Poor thing came as a couple of kivanc right after his couple with Beren saat and people really hated her bee hair lol I can't explain its just too hilarious.
I'd watch the Korean version instead lol.
In Korean shows I just finished 'goblin' and started 'legend of the blue sea' I'm a sucker fan of lee min ho and goong yoo.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think our handsome boy Enginooo will be making a world tour to meet his international fans. Just heard a rumour on Facebook fan pages really but I'm guessing south America and UAE will be definite locations as he has a huge fan base there. hope he makes a route through Pakistan and India too coz us desi fans deserve to witness his Royal cuteness in person too.

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

I think our handsome boy Enginooo will be making a world tour to meet his international fans. Just heard a rumour on Facebook fan pages really but I'm guessing south America and UAE will be definite locations as he has a huge fan base there. hope he makes a route through Pakistan and India too coz us desi fans deserve to witness his Royal cuteness in person too.

OMG! *takes deep breaths* Come to Mumbai Engin!!

Sara, you guys in Pakistan are so lucky to be watching these shows on TV. I can hardly find anything to watch now that Zindagi has gone off.

Have finally started on KPA. Too early to say but I still prefer Engin's pair with Beren over Tuba.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Engin's Article - Our German Wolf

https://www.facebook.com/notes/engin-aky%C3%BCrek-the-actor/engins-15th-short-story-our-german-wolf-english-translation-by-safy-amer/1762002404097703/

Decoding Our German shepherd Wolf

In this essay, narrator wastes no time to show his despondency on the growing decibels of noise pollution and rapidly changing skyline of his city.

Like any other city in this world, the real estate being a major crunch, the old buildings were being demolished and paving way for new building with innovative architectures to cater to the supply demand.

Every brick in those old buildings had story to tell, a families to shelter (humans or animals too) and beautiful gardens with roses.

So who is the old aunt? Is she a relative to the narrator whose building has just been razed?

With the an under construction building comes a German shepherd dog who role plays protector to the building materials, daring with way layers on the street, affectionate with children and obnoxious to the rag pickers.

The old school of cats, mongrels of the neighborhood had to make an exodus fearing the bullying of the new kid on the block - German shepherd.

Does this mean that new scheme of things replace the older ones?

Narrator carefully overlays this story with the progress of the new building and an evolving relationship of the German shepherd and residents. But there is change of heart with the miffed residents, who transform from a being curious, to being annoyed and finally being able to enjoy barking of the German Shepard as Mozart's musicJ. Finally they take the German shepherd under their wings to give him food and shelter too.

So what made the residents change their mind? And who exactly is the German shepherd dog which narrator is talking about?

Old buildings having souls in them is akin to the traditions we follow in our cultures. These have been formed and passed on to generations with convictions, inexplicable reasoning and sometimes as tried and tested formulae to survive any season. All the animals who took shelter in these old buildings are societies. Society, culture and prosperity (roses in the garden) formed the triumvirate of a balanced eco-system.

A dog which enters the story is the changes which invades our society. They are the biggest catalyst on the traditions we follow.

In laboratories catalysts mix with reactants in phases. Similarly once cursed as a cur, the German shepherd quickly becomes the adorable member of the colony. This means that changes occupying the existing cultures are shunned in the beginning and later absorbed as part and parcel of life. (For Example: Adoption of Pizza)

The twist to the tale comes when the narrator mentions about the body and soul of the building being killed during the demolition. In the spirit of globalization, haven't we traded our heritage rich cultures to more fast foods, machine made goods, and enslaved ourselves to technologies.

No wonder every city's' look and feel is the same. We have tech parks, central business districts (CBD), neon lighted bill boards, housing colonies as high raised match box apartments and very few roses to spare. Any iota of old city reminisce if applicable is preserved as a tourism tickets.

So how does change adopt to cultures? Didn't the German shepherd dog like the food it had never eaten before, didn't he allow the other animals to find their dwellings in the new building? (For example : The choice of Paneer tikka as toppings on a Pizza)

The German shepherd dog too feels aged and needs to take his retirement. So is it time for another sheep dog to take guard?

And finally when the narrator says that "German Shepard restored peace in that area, it's a clear indication that elapsed time will bring actions, actions will bring changes and changes are evolutionary.

Thank You Engin for this subtle message, as Sadhguru Jaggi says "Resisting change is Resisting Life.

PS: Knowing Engin as an ardent history follower, I am sure he loves to see old and renaissance buildings rather than steel and glass mammoths.

And why did he choose a "German shepherd, well blame it Turkish immigration ;-)

Edited by DefLeppard - 7 years ago
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for decoding this essay @defleppard loved the way you explained the symbolism here and putting words to Engin's thoughts. Helps me look at the article in a better light. I did not mention it but I loved your take on the previous article too "gitmek" Presented a totally different perspective. The deep thought behind a seemingly simple story. From the look of it and what ever is available of the latest story it seems to be very humane and soft story and it would be interesting to read your thoughts on that as well. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘ โญ๏ธ
Edited by sakhisangni - 7 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail
Engin's latest article - Mehraba Translated in English.

Many thanks to my friend Lavander for sharing this to us.

Decoding - Merhaba

This story begins with a longing to read a letter from a friend, who has witnessed the major events in the narrator's life.

Using the non-linear technique, the narrator moves back in time to show us the circumstances which lead to knowing his friend.

Every language elective will have letter writing as part of their syllabus. Letters have always played been an important mode of communication even before the advent of technologies. Its avatar has changed from writing on different materials, to modes of delivery, styles of writing et al. The one thing that has remained constant is that letters have always been self-expression for exchange of ideas/ thoughts and practice of critical reading.

So what are the rules of letter writing? Does it define a penalty, offside, back heel as that of football match of Besiktas? ;-)

The narrator shares his experience from being indifferent while writing his first letter to reading eagerly the reply from his friend. Men are such bad correspondents in every era, aren't then?

Who is the "stranger friend? A little girl with bright eyes, sweet voice who enchanted the narrator's imagination,and inspires him to write on his reflections like routine stuff, or an incredible experience of pain or simply memoirs.

Growing up in a parallel universe with his stranger friend, they share the experiences of adolescences and anxiety pangs of future with a deal of not meeting face to face. Narrator cannot forget thanking his language teacher for bringing in this special friend into his life.

The hunky dory life of the narrator, begins to climb an uphill when the strange special friend's letter frequency decreases. The narrator tries to find possible reasons for her latency. Is it her jealous husband, family problems or she just lost interest to keep in touch with him??

Do you think the narrator unknowingly fell in love with his pen pal? Is Engin writing a Turkish remake script for "You've got mail? Well, if only first names and address was exchanged then "Shopgirl meeting "NY152 is not impossible. ;-)

Unable to bear the brush-off from his special friend, narrator sets out in search of her using her address as secret agent on a mission impossible.

Practically everyone in the town of Izmir is asked the whereabouts of his friend. Unfortunately it seems like the narrator has been close on heels a little too late.

More twists to this romantic tale is when his friend actually comes to narrator's town in pursuit of him. Serendipity!!

At the agreed time, narrator hurries to meet his friend whom he does not want to lose this time. But the lady changes her mind to remember the rules once agreed, to leave a note behind.

So who is the "stranger friend a maiden with bright eyes, sweet voice who enchanted the narrator's imagination??

Dear readers, ustaad Engin has whipped a creamy love story between narrator and his pen pal on the facade. However please go back to read the lines "Not knowing anything doesn't make you happy, it really was beautiful. The promise of pure happiness. These lines are the secret sauce of this love story.

Happiness is elusive. Happiness isn't about getting what you want all the time. It's about loving what you have and being grateful for it. The more you "pursue happiness, the less you'll find it. Why?

The narrator was in state of bliss while he shared his inner thoughts with his pen pal. Life couldn't have been better, for he found a friend, guide and philosopher in her.

He then tries to seek his friend's existence, first out of curiosity, then out of determination and finally a hysteria to meet her and possess her. When he realizes that she has left a note mysteriously before meeting him, the narrator is heartbroken. Readers expecting a fairy tale ending are also disappointed.

"Happiness is an elusive state of mind not to be gained by clumsy pursuit. It is given to those who do not sue for it: to be unconcerned about a desired good is probably the only way to possess it. - Ruskin Bond

As a sensitive thinker, Engin must have seen despite massive economic growth that people are no longer happier than half a century ago. The rat race for material conquests and comforts has taken a toll on mankind who fail to introspect themselves which is the source of their own happiness.

Thank you Engin for this master piece. I have thoroughly enjoyed decoding it.

PS: I particularly enjoyed the narration of the school scenes, where the fun begins in a chaotic class to writing letters, dropping them as secret ballots etc.

Edited by DefLeppard - 7 years ago