Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 82

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: vnsbhavya1

Please, can anyone tell me the website from where I can download Fatmagul's episodes (Dubbed in Hindi or original with subtitles).. Plz plz plz help...

I doubt if you can get them to download either in Hindi or original, since Zindagi channel has blocked them due to copyright laws. This is applicable to our country. However if you are a resident elsewhere other than India, you should find them on YouTube.

Hope this helps you :)
smita200 thumbnail
After watching fatmagul and enjoying reading your reviews and comments as i was silent readers here.I looked forward for Ok to again see Engin on screen but unfortunately it stopped😭
vks11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vnsbhavya1

Please, can anyone tell me the website from where I can download Fatmagul's episodes (Dubbed in Hindi or original with subtitles).. Plz plz plz help...

You can see Fatmagul here:

http://wlext.net/series/fatmagulun-sucu-ne

there are 2 servers in the bottom on the drop down menu. See it in openload.
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Engin's new story
TO GO:
By Engin Akyurek @ KafasinaGore Magazine
[Translated by Engin Akyurek Universal Fans Club]
She used to have a habit of hiding behind sentences. However, I didn't like visible things and used to build icebergs with invisible sentences.
Her words went on and on. She didn't even take a breath to add a comma between her long sentences.
"I'm going," she said.
Does the verb "go" always have to be so cruel by nature? The era or the period of time that we lived in didn't matter. Sitting at a table and babbling in a manner that suited noblemen of the modern age, we had thrown our entire primitiveness into the fire. All the sentences following the verb "go", were coming down the road at full speed like a truck having a break failure. We had equated chronological regrets of the past with sufferings that people underwent throughout the history. When I say "equated", I had just listened to them and, by listening, I had connived at all of the shame. I always think that people who suffer from tooth pain feel the same pain. Although pains that united us seemed so simple, finding a couple of words to express our heartaches were very difficult. Beautiful days whose pulps were expelled as if they got wrapped around the mixer in the trachea had turned into a waste of our digestive system.
The power of all voices cut out during silence. The words "I'm going" were waiting to explode like a hand grenade thrown at us. If the moments that we spent in silence grew in duration after all those crowded sentences that were told then it meant these sentences became empty sentences. A time period that was waiting for this time to expire and making our sitting around the table an official duty, had been born. There were unnamed inhuman rules. The one who could stay strong could ask for the check and leave. Being strong was an important matter because the lessons we were taught during our childhood dictated us to be strong. The one who stayed at the table longer than the other seemed suffered and loved more. Wasn't this hypocrisy?
I guess I didn't want to be a hypocrite and said "As you wish." These words, for hours or even during our entire relationship, were recorded as the only thing that I could know.
I know there would be another moment of silence and all the sentences would rewind back with a first bullet shot. I could see the cloud of anger in her eyes because I said "Let's go." But we loved each other and, first and foremost, were able love each other.
I asked for the bill. The waiter had brought back the change with a promptness that I didn't expect from him. The first sentence uttered after a relationship ended would describe everything like a historical note. We had put on our jackets and stood up like two strangers, without looking at each other.
"Do you want me to drop you off?" I said barely. Our bodies had the naiveness of two people who just met and our faces were insincere.
"I can go by myself." I couldn't answer her as if I had never dropped her off before.
We were waiting standing. Our future was stuck around a table. How can't one laugh at this situation? Getting smaller and smaller, we were becoming one of the steel legs of a table in this huge world. She was the one who wanted to go but now both of us were the ones who couldn't go. There are some people who ruin these kinds of moments. When our waiting on our feet, which might have lasted only 10 seconds, were about to end, we saw an old friend. Both of us had waved at him at the same time, hugged him at the same time, and embraced him. Without realizing how much he was loved, he became the guest of honor of our table whose bill I just paid. The menus as big as a bed were brought back and we had wanted to play the overtime of an ended relationship until the last tea.
"I don't want to keep you guys; you were about to leave."
Although my friend, with a surprised look on his face, tried to be polite, he would have ordered another tea if he knew how much he was loved.
"Long time no see; have some tea. It's my treat."
While our friend was sipping his tea, all we could talk was as much as a glass of tea. If I could, I would have brought a samovar in the middle of the table. It didn't matter whether my friend talked, as long as he kept drinking his tea. We were playing the role of lovers as if a weight was off our shoulders. I had ordered another tea without finishing the one that I had. Just my friend was about to leave by pretending to have the last sip of his tea, I had served his desert with my own hands. We had made one of our common memory from our memory archive valuable and talked about every moment of it. During the creamiest part of the desert, we started talking about our relationship.
"I swear, you two suit each other very much."
We had nodded our heads, barely smiling without showing our teeth.
"I swear, you do."
We hadn't nodded our heads or smiled barely this time, but our hearts had burnt with pain. I had put on an arrogant face and, throwing a glance of "It's you who wanted to go" at her, I had barely laughed. We had fed our friend, prolonged his life and showered him with our attention.
"Let me go, don't want to keep you guys."
"Wait... What's your rush?" I had said my most lying sentence. Our friend had gotten up and hugged around our neck, encouraged by the flood of emotions demonstrated a while ago. It is very unpleasant to see someone leave. We watched our friend walking away. We had created false metaphors for ourselves. Who would tell the first sentence? And would the impact of the first sentence remain as the last sentence?
The annoying waiter had brought the check again and blocked all technical possibilities. There was neither a sentence in which I could take shelter nor a time period that could be sentenced to silence. We didn't stand up this time. Making ourselves busy with our phones and looking calm, we had been enslaved by our pride. Staring our phones and without looking at each other, we had gotten up at the same time. An absurd sentence of "We could live in a very sincere world if we could see our mind's voices," had gotten stuck in my head. Wouldn't be awesome if she could read my mind, if I could draw a speech bubble with "Don't go" on top of my head? Turning them over and over in my mind, I had been sending all the totems I knew to the universe and, wishing that she could see, to the bubbles which I assumed exist over my heart. Remorseless waiter had also stood up with us if he was waiting for us to leave and wiped the table off. It was time to leave the table that set a tent right beside our heart. We had moved at the same time and broken our silence at the same time.
"Do you want me to drop you off?"
"I can go by myself." We didn't have a third sentence to say at that moment. Just we were about to leave, our friend rushed to us and asked "Tomorrow is my birthday. Would you come?" We had done the best thing we always did and answered at the same time: "Sure." Our friend had become our savior. We had watched our savior going back to his table and, turning our smiling faces to each other, we had murmured, but not at the same time this time:
"Shall we have another tea?"
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Decoding of "To-go"

The essay opens to a scene in a well-known restaurant where the narrator and his lover/girlfriend are on a brink of a break-up. The lover seems to be fed up with narrator's behavior or commitment that she is ready call it quits. They seem to share a lovely relationship in the past; creating beautiful memories like any other dating couple. The narrator insists that he doesn't like hypocrisy and wants to finish the episode with minimum verbal attacks at him. When they are about to leave the restaurant, an old friend bumps into them. This leads to more civility in their current behavior and they re-live the old times albeit forcefully due to their friend's instance of recalling them fondly. When they had almost decided to move away (again), the friend reminds them to attend his birthday on the next day. As a blessing in disguise to be together, the couple settle down to their seats astonished to understand if this was a divine signal - made for each other.

These scenes looks straight from any pot boiler movie of any urban drama (very Mani Ratnam like screen play) , where new generation think they can change partners as quick as clothes. Well I am too lazy for that too ;-)

Is it a story of a man who is in love having commitment phobia leading to this situation?, or is it a story to believe in the intuition of circumstances or a to be in weariness of losing a lover and the faith of retaining her etc. Possibility is infinity.
This is definitely not a diary of a day's burning. This is definitely not a relationship building guide. This is definitely not a story of old school reunion.

If Hasan, the son of Ahmet was a curve ball, this one is a thunderbolt!

The man and his lover. Who are they? This is a rendezvous of a man's ego and his conscious. Engin throws subtle hints that ego and conscience in conflict zone in the opening lines..."She used to have a habit of hiding behind sentences. However, I didn't like visible things and used to build icebergs with invisible sentences."

Conscious does not show up easily. It always a back seat driver, giving those instructions when the confidence speeds to an ego. And this ego has a growth spurt and hides all emotions behind tall mental walls. Yet this combination of the conscious and ego have to co-exist to make a person. And by co-existing they learn to love each other. Don't they?

The childhood learning to be strong, is a confidence booster that parents often use. The usage over a period of time turns to ego. Hence the narrator's ego over powers this conscience in the first half of the essay.

Does the narrator persuade his love to stay back. No. He is simply too engrossed to say "As you wish and let's go". A visibly hurt lover realizes her futile attempts to change him and prepares for a wrap-up.
And as a thorough gentleman, Engin also addresses the pain of letting go of loves ones as a comparison to a tooth pain, may be from a root canal treatment which the most the severe one. A last minute damage control, by offering to drop her and him being quickly dismissed is Deja vu. I was giggling silly reading those lines.

The lines "Both of us had waved at him at the same time, hugged him at the same time, and embraced him" is a sitter for those who read between the lines. Physically there was only one entity - the narrator, the meta physical entity being two - conscious and ego.
Conscious is quiet and peaceful while ego is tyrannical and dictatorial. Ego focuses on one's own survival and pleasure (escape from the hand grenade).
When ego and conscious are at logger heads, everything around looks suffocating(smaller and smaller) like a noose hanging around. Some philosophers call this as biological dissolvable intelligent point!!

How many times have you bumped into a common friend while you were not in the best with your lover/spouse and had to retract with awkwardness. And also thanked him/her for averting a major show down otherwise? Hmm...so who is this Man Friday? A common bestie who loved to talk to them from old days.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow are units of time. An old friend is a personification of time in this essay. Engin effectively uses the entry of a friend (like Hakan, Mehmet) to bring a comic relief to the sublime story. This friend who is unware of the brewing tension of the couple, is quick to comment that the couple were made for each other. Paradox.

Why did the friend become the guest of honor? Is it because he praised the narrator and his lover? Definitely not.

The narrator gets enough time, to retrospect on the progression of his relationship(through friend's narration of good times), introspect his current situation ( pretending to be lovers and smiling etc.). While the friend prepared to depart, he realizes the shortcomings, however the ego is still ruling the conscious.

The result is stronger repulsion and disregard to the surroundings. This trait is demonstrated world over with people digging into the mobile phones, even if the next Hiroshima was 100 meter away from, they would still browse a useless post. Oh and that indifference to the waiter is another by-product of this disregard.

The climax of this clash, is when the narrator says "We could live in a very sincere world if we could see our mind's voices".
This is when the large iceberg built as ego is slowing thawing with time as the catalyst, to see the conscious' s point of view (mind's voices) and brings back the narrator to woo his lady back to say "Don't go" in a clear mind. The lover who is unaware of his intentions, decides to move on. A just in time intervening of tomorrow, gives them a glimpses of happy days ahead of them. Realizing their potential, the couple want to give themselves another chance, another cup of tea :)

Today luckily most of can manage the positive side of ego, but negative ego has more impact to manifest satanic & sadistic minds. On the other hand conscious unawareness leads to a society of sociopaths, who can be as dangerous as a psychopath.

When people strive to achieve a conscious mind, there is a lot of clarity, peace and integrity. This inner strength/conviction/positive ego drives us to be kind and courageous with other people without any insecurities. And this is when the whole is greater than the sum of ego and conscious parts and that is when the lovers live in union with a strong bond.

Engin wraps the Freud's structural model of psyche with a soft love story, to make readers understand that a balance of ego and conscious is very necessary for a healthy mind.
Knowing the Engin is a very sensitive person, who is well aware of his surroundings, I believe he must have realized most of the unpleasant news that we hear and read from city, state, national or international are handiwork of the devious minds who are developing faster than those cancer cells, eliminating the goodness of society systematically. The result can be minor robbery or an interstate fight for water resources or war looming large across borders or hostile take overs at companies or simply banning the carry of laptops from certain transit locations.

I am in short of words to say, how much I enjoyed reading it, learning the essence and sharing with your folks here.
Thank You Engin, every drop of water makes an ocean and you are definitely a bigger drop :))

So let's live by our conscious, let's rise above(to-go) our ego.
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Don't know if this has been posted before or not but sharing it as the writer's thoughts echos with the thought of so many people, I guess this was posted when Fatmagul was being telecasted originally in Turkey

https://m.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=262865510400650
Edited by sakhisangni - 7 years ago
Roses-khushi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Most handsome man.. I seriously cant describe my love for engin.. ❀️
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sakhisangni

Don't know if this has been posted before or not but sharing it as the writer's thoughts echos with the thought of so many people, I guess this was posted when Fatmagul was being telecasted originally in Turkey

https://m.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=262865510400650

Thanks for posting the link...and no it hasn't been posted here before πŸ˜› Oh yes the writer truly echoes the thoughts of all of us Enginers πŸ˜ƒ It indeed is the magic of Engin that has made us fall in love with the characters that he plays. My wish too for him would be that he be as successful as he wishes to be, based on his definition of success, and we get to see and enjoy many more interesting roles played by him. God bless him πŸ€—
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Decoding of "To-go"

The essay opens to a scene in a well-known restaurant where the narrator and his lover/girlfriend are on a brink of a break-up. The lover seems to be fed up with narrator's behavior or commitment that she is ready call it quits. They seem to share a lovely relationship in the past; creating beautiful memories like any other dating couple. The narrator insists that he doesn't like hypocrisy and wants to finish the episode with minimum verbal attacks at him. When they are about to leave the restaurant, an old friend bumps into them. This leads to more civility in their current behavior and they re-live the old times albeit forcefully due to their friend's instance of recalling them fondly. When they had almost decided to move away (again), the friend reminds them to attend his birthday on the next day. As a blessing in disguise to be together, the couple settle down to their seats astonished to understand if this was a divine signal - made for each other.

These scenes looks straight from any pot boiler movie of any urban drama (very Mani Ratnam like screen play) , where new generation think they can change partners as quick as clothes. Well I am too lazy for that too ;-)

The climax of this clash, is when the narrator says "We could live in a very sincere world if we could see our mind's voices".

I am in short of words to say, how much I enjoyed reading it, learning the essence and sharing with your folks here.

Thank You Engin, every drop of water makes an ocean and you are definitely a bigger drop :))

So let's live by our conscious, let's rise above(to-go) our ego.

Hola my dear Vids!!!!! You never disappoint...If Engin's essay is awesome, then your decoding of the same is super awesome πŸ‘ Thank you dear for sharing it with us πŸ€— Btw, any news from the KG people about your review of the previous essay? Please do send this one too...Its too good, it has to be seen by our you know who πŸ˜›

While reading Gitmek, I imagined ElMer having that cuppa at Bedri Usta πŸ˜‰ and Arda and Pelin dropping by πŸ˜†

Dloves1D thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello girls!
I am yet to watch the last episode of Olene Kadar because I didn't have the guts to watch it before after watching the last 5 minutes (the climax scene).
But I have now decided to watch it for the sake of completing the series.
So, can anyone please give me the link to watch OK episode 13 with English Subtitles?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dloves1D - 7 years ago