Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 80

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
@DefLappard again a great review as always... but your disappointment from the series is what I can read in between the lines... or I am reading a little too much...

Well tbh I am disappointed as well coz this mafia angle is getting on my never.. the story is all over the place and somehow I am not enjoying it. I was happy till the last episode when it was Daghan's quest for truth and justice, and in that may be finding love in the course of that truth... but now the story is taking all those twist and turns that it almost seems like home grown Bollywood drama of eighties, of angry young man infiltrating mafia and becoming one of them for the sake of justice. It seems that we have seen all that and more...

I had no problem with Selvi's lies, Beril's selfishness, Ender's psycho behavior and Daghan's restlessness over Selvi's intent and behavior because all of this made them more grey and more human and believable but Tekin and Mafia are something that I am still not able to digest, may be I do it in future but not now. The only thing that I am still looking forward to is Daghan's search for his son and their dynamics thereafter. How is the relationship between ozghur and Ender and how would the real parents fit in as we do have a hint that Ender is quite attached to the child and so is he to him. That area is something that could be really explored well if handled properly but let's see...
Edited by sakhisangni - 7 years ago
sakhisangni thumbnail

Originally posted by: kamala2012

@DefLeppard,

Very funny!:😆

Have you seen the fragman for next episode? Daghan is shot. Some people are saying it is Yilmaz but I doubt. Why would he do that? He also must know Selvi is safe with Daghan.

Is it Selvi or Salvi?

Fahriye is very good. Good choice for a role opposite Engin.

I thought Mehmet had a wife!

Perhaps Yilmaz does it to save Daghan from a fatal hit, or he does it as per Daghan's plan so that Tekin finds himself on a back foot and is inclined to get Daghan in his party or may be Selvi brings him to save Daghan from the mafia and he acts accordingly... another thing if Ender does that then why would he hit him on the shoulder, we all know that he had a sophisticated gun and he is a good shooter from the first episode. But nothing could be said with certainty.

I like Fehriye too, and she is specially good in this series. Once olene kadar started I watched few of her old show scenes and she was usually playing the same kind of young bubbly innocent characters but her role here is very different and gives her quite an spectrum to perform in and in my opinion she is doing justice to it.
kamala2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Now there is a 2nd fragman out, of episode 12.

It's still not clear whether Yilmaz shot Daghan or was there to help Daghan. My guess is he will help Daghan.

Selvi nurses Daghan so am assuming Yilmaz doesn't kill him.

Ender is shown with a little boy and Asuman is also in the room, it looks like. Why is Ender attached to this kid?

I am still not sure if Yilmaz shot Daghan's father. Might have been someone else- Fahri or Ender or Ridwan.

Tekin seems really creepy!

Dloves1D thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with Sakshisangini. I am disappointed with the way story is progressing.

In my opinion, firstly, there was no need at all for bringing this Tekin guy to the show. It's not just me, but even Ender doesn't like him. 😆 (I am sure they watched KPA while developing the story, so they thought of bringing someone as dangerous as Tayyar Bey of KPA 😉). It looks like the director's focus is more on how to fit Tekin's role in the story, so there are showing Tekin taking interest in Selvi because of her "classic" beauty. 😲 Oh! Not to forget, there is always a never-ending beauty contest going on between Selvi and Beril. 😆

In episode 10, I felt that Turkish police is really, really useless. 😆 They are making an innocent person (Daghan) criminal by pushing him towards the mafia gang instead of helping him. 😕 Infact, they even blackmailed him to make him agree to their stupid plan. 😲 Why troubling gareeb aadmi (poor man)! 😕
Moving on to side characters, Daghan's sister, Ayse, is going insane. 🤢 Just a few episodes ago, she had feelings for Osman, but now, instead of doubting Yilmaz's, a stranger's intentions as to why is he always following her, she is kinda liking him. 🤢

To be honest, the only reason I was hooked to the show was that there were no useless characters and story involved dark secrets that were being revealed in a systematic manner. Now with the introduction of mafia, everything seems scattered and going in a different directions. The story could have easily approached its end in episode 10 when Daghan and Mehmet brought Ender, Yilmaz and Fahri together and made them confess their crimes on the camera but the makers are unnecessarily extending side tracks.

I am going to skip episode 11. Thanks to Vidya (Defleppard) and Kosmadani (on YT), I got enough idea about the epi. I might watch episode 12 but only after reading the reviews.

Edited by Dloves1D - 7 years ago
kamala2012 thumbnail
Just saw on FB that OK will end with next episode.

Don't know if it is the end of season 1 or the end of the series itself.

Was it that bad in ratings in Turkey? There are flaws but it was not so bad i thought.

Episode 12- more of Tekin, and lots of killing etc. It is Ender who shoots Daghan but Daghan gets hurt in his right hand! Selvi and Yilmaz rescue him,

Daghan's son is not Ozghur but another kid also called Ender. The elder Ender seems to have a kind side to him.

There are some cute scenes between Daghan and Selvi.

Tekin in the end asks Daghan to give Selvi in exchange for little Ender.

I am not sure how they will tie all the knots by next week.

Dloves1D thumbnail
Yes, Kamala. I read about the same on EAUFC and Olene Kadar pages on FB today. It's really sad that we won't be able to see Engin in a never seen before role as Daghan.😭 I loved this show for its story and actors, especially Engin for he nailed every expression and emotion of a simple, sweet, loving and sensitive person Daghan, who lost his innocence, his youth, his love, his hopes, his son, and everything including his beloved father because of a dirty game played by Ender.

On one hand, I am sad that there will be an end of this exciting, thrilling story. On the other, I am happy too that they won't extend it unnecessarily because the story makers never lost the grip of the story and kept us all involved throughout with their interesting and unexpected twists and turns.

But hey! is it really the end of the show or just the end of the season 1??😕
sakhisangni thumbnail
So it seems it is really ending, rumors were a float from the second episode itself because of the ratings. I am sad for the series coz it had a lot of potential.., every character was layered and had quite a story to tell but I guess monetary games and gambles are played almost similarly every where, be it India or Turkey. I would have been quite happy if the series was planned that ways to have less number of episodes and finish the story which the writers thought of telling coz after all we are seeing a story told by someone but what I hear from all the buzz is that it was a sudden decision to cut short the series. This in my opinion does not reflect very well on the industry. But anyways it was good while it last barring few things...

I think it will be a long wait till Engin comes back with a show or may be a movie.
Edited by sakhisangni - 7 years ago
Dloves1D thumbnail
Itna sannata kyun hai bhai?

Has everyone stopped watching OK? Bidding adieu before OK bidding adieu?? 😭

Although I had decided not to, but still watched episode 11 and 12.
These two episodes are more about
Daghan's life's new chapter,
Mafia gangsters,
Tekin the monster,
his relation with that dog Ender,
Yoranel and Tekin's tense dinner,
introduction of Daghan's son as Ender Jr,
who is brought up by Ender Sr,
Daghan's capture,
Yilmaz and Mehmet becoming his saviour,
More new looks of Selvi, the lawyer, 😉😆
Daghan's and Selvi's affair,
involvement of traitors and
so many encounters.

Don't go girls, come back. I am waiting for your awesome reviews.
Edited by Dloves1D - 7 years ago
kamala2012 thumbnail
@DGlovesID

I am still following OK. Today they will air the last episode I guess. I am still hoping it is season 1, and not a complete wrap-up.

sakhisangni thumbnail
I am still watching it, and in all probability will be watching till the end which happens today. I guess with the second fragmen it seems the story is clear but then things are not always as they appear in OK fragmens... I am not sure how they are going to tie all the ends.?! Hoping for a thrilling episode though and three cheers to a very talented cast and crew... they did their best...