Users

Frequent Posters

SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@ anaida
Yes I will share them no worries my dear Enginists! 😊

@Venus
I hope zindagi shows BIr Bulut Olsam soon as well. The censorship rules are a bit relaxed so will be nice to watch the show on zindagi. Urdu1 excessively censors the shows so for bold themes like BBO they butcher it left right and centre making the show loose its essence.

The way he talks to his horse also named Narin, the things he can't say to real Narin and what he wants her to say to him, omggg why did they make this character so crazily endearing to watch?!

*Spoilers for BBO episode 5 onwards*

The divorce scene is so hurtful to watch. I mean he was tied to bed with chains and forced to say it. Musti was so helpless and even after it he's like 'whom did we fool, Allah? As if he can't see what's in my heart'. Like he spoke the words but in his heart Narin is still his wife. Seeing her marry someone else made the last bit of sanity to abandon him. After that he doesn't even know what he's doing he was a gone case coz he just wants Narin.

Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@SaraFatma I have seen divorce scene clipping and my heart bled to hear those words. He had no mental sickness, he had neurological sickness and whatever sickness he has would have been cured if he had love in his life. His problems aggravated due to lack of love. Every one treated him like he is really a pagal man, they even called him pagal. Except for his younger brother, no one trie to understand him. I loved his bond with his brother.
I too wish Zindagi telecast this show, but I have a huge problem with its dubbing. It kills the essence of beautiful dialogues. Mustafa's dialogues are so heart stirring wonderful dialogues. The way he talks to his horse is one more scene I cried so much. I think I cry in every Mustafa scene. His helplessness and frustration for not getting his love reciprocated, kills me. To add salt to his wounds are the rest of his family members including his mom treating him as a maniac.😭
MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank God you are not SS fan. I am so relieved to know this. Even I didn't watch Medcezir because of her presence. I just can't stand her. She is very irritating. Engin is lot more intelligent. He will definitely want and wait for a good looking female opposite him. I hope and pray Beren does it. I can even wait for a year to see them together. They have the capacity to set the screen on fire. Berengin looks like made for other.. 😳😳😳
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
SaraFatma thumbnail
they have repeated pairs in movies like couple of chalikusu n kurtseyit ve sura.
that tv show was such a dissapointment no chemistry between the leads.
i think if no one else then fehriya evcen is best choice at the moment.

ENgin makes any girl seem appealing coz the way he romances them, i mean we beared Narin so anyone would be no challenge,
but he needs awesome girl opposite him coz in international market you need a killer couple for series to do well.

and i want to see his new series on urdu1 and it needs to be hit for us deprived fans to watch it! so im really hoping they get a good pair opposite him please!

@venus
i loved his bond with his bro but his bro also did not understand him and sided with Narin thinking him to be a brute. agree that his family was not supportive at all, do chamaat lagate narin ko itne nakhray thay uske i mean i dunno what her problemwas he would have treated her like a quen and not been possesive and controlling if she was accepting of his love. NArin bhi pagal hi thi 😛😆

@anaida
Hatice aunty is a very Aunty type aunty, us se zyada kya description doo hehheee...😆😆

im also feeling mixed, releived that serenay nahi hai, but worried that haticeis left as finalchoice, uff please god ,let beren be paired with him again please!!

For Those curious about BBO, a sneaky fanmade trailer.
SaraFatma thumbnail
COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE INTERVIEW~ 2014~ ENGIN AKYUREK

Following is the interview of our KING of EXPRESSION Engin Akyurek with cosmopolitan magazine! (word to word, no changing) in their own words & translated by Engin Akyurek Universal Fans.. I am sharing it with you people wanting to know more about Engin & his recent activities. Take a look :

"We met him in Turkey's Stars competition and then he played in very successful projects then he preferred to take some time off and rest for about a year. He will be with us again as a Tekin character in a movie called "bi kk Eyll meselesi - A small Affair in september"

The movie's slogan is "life is full of unrealized (missed) miracles" and it will be released on February 14. He will also meet the audience in a new TV series called "Kara Para Ak - Dirty Money Love" which will airon ATV channel. He was rejecting all the interview requests until now.

We convinced this handsome actor for a photo shoot and now we have these incredible pictures."

Cosmo:
Have you ever faced the disadvantages of being famous?

Engin Akyurek:
Being known has never made me feel uncomfortable. I am very happy about the course of my life.
--
Cosmo:
You don't appear many places, especially magazine programs, other than TV series set. Is this something you prefer?

Engin Akyurek:
In my opinion, you can never work this out. You can do it for a couple of years, but after a while, you realize that you are tired of it. I don't put a special effort to be seen. I live my life as I want to live. I am not trying to hide myself, either.
---
Cosmo:
What do you think about women's attention towards you on the street?

Engin Akyurek:
Since I played men who are deeply in love in the stories, their attention is mostly because of the feelings of the character I played, rather than Engin.
--
Cosmo:
Do you still continue your friendships you established during the competition?

Engin Akyurek:
I have some friends whom I still keep in touch; but the reality is it is not possible to meet everybody in the same manner.
--
Cosmo:
On February 14, your new movie BIKEM will be released. Can you tell us what will the audience see?

Engin Akyurek:
As you can guess from its release date, it is a romantic movie in which everybody can find something about themselves. They will watch a warm movie on a cold day.
--
Cosmo:
How was the filming? Do you think that you and your partner Farah Zeynep Abdullah were a good couple?

Engin Akyurek:
We had a lot of fun. I think we were very compatible. The compatibility between two incompatible people was very important in BIKEM. Therefore, we had to do a very good work and I believe we did.
--
Cosmo:
How did you get ready for your role?

Engin Akyurek:
Tekin character I played was living in Bozcaada. I went to Bozcaada before the filming and I tried to learn how to be an islander

Cosmo:
Some people withdraw themselves before starting a new project. And others want to be socialized. Which one do you prefer?

Engin Akyurek:
It changes according to the role. Sometimes, it is necessary for me to withdraw myself and be alone because of the character. If I am going to play an extravert character, I try to spend time with my friends and go out more often.
--
Cosmo:
You started working in this sector when you were 21 years old and within 10 years, what kind of changes happened in Engin Akyurek's life?

Engin Akyurek:
Every year was different. As a person in his early 30s, I feel good. Life can be tough sometime for a man in his early 20s. You feel inadequate in some situations. I think getting older is a nice thing for men.
--
Cosmo:
When you make a decision, do you follow your heart or your head?

Engin Akyurek:
Both; because I think that I am following my head, then I realize that I actually following my heart.
--
Cosmo:
You have a very hectic work life. How do you reward yourself in your spare time?

Engin Akyurek :
For the last 3-4 years, I developed a passion for scuba diving. Being under the water makes me feel better. I plan my summer vacations to include scuba diving activities. There is an incredible world under the water. 2013 was a very calm year for me. I rested a lot. 2014 has started very busy and it will continue like that.
--
Cosmo:
What are your plans for 2014?

Engin Akyurek:
There is a new TV series which will start soon: "Kara Para Ak - Dirty Money Love". It will be aired on ATV channel.

Cosmo:
When you feel down, do you easily pull yourself together?

Engin Akyurek:
I am lucky on that regard. I do. I have to sleep when I feel down. A new day rejuvenates me.

Cosmo:
Do you follow social media?

Engin Akyurek:
I don't have Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account. I don't prefer to be inthat world but I follow them through my agent.

Cosmo:
What is the thing that drives you crazy if you are with a woman?

Engin Akyurek:
If she is insincere and lousy/mean, that drives me crazy. These are the most important two things I care about.

Cosmo:
When you meet a woman, is it hard to understand whether she approaches you because you are famous?

Engin Akyurek:
It is initially impossible to understand this immediately from that person'senergy. But, it eventually shows itself.

Cosmo:
Do you want to take the first step if you like a woman or do you expect her to make the first move?

Engin Akyurek:
Actually,I believe that it will be healthier if I take the first step. So, it will eliminate the doubt of "is it because I am famous?" when she approaches me.

Cosmo:
Are you romantic in your relationship?

Engin Akyurek:
Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not.

Cosmo:
Your movie tells that people change for love. Do you think people will change?

Engin Akyurek:
Ofcourse, everybody has their own beliefs and ideas. However, when you are with awoman you start seeing things you didn't realize before.

Cosmo:
Do you have "never"s in love?

Engin Akyurek:
Never say never in love. Because love makes you find yourself doing things you thought you would never do. Of course people may have strict values but when two people are in love they should meet somewhere in the middle. In the movie,two people who would never be together in normal conditions meet at one common point and that is "love." From that moment on, we start sharing the same world.

Cosmo:
In the movie "bi kk Eyll meselesi", what did the character you played make you feel?

Engin Akyurek:
The character I played has a very innocent and childlike side. He made me remember that there were such an innocent things in life. We can't help but forget thesein our daily hassle.

Mini Test:

1) Name: Engin Akyurek
2) Nickname: Akyurek
3) I would be: historian if I weren't an actor.
4) My advice to Cosmo women: Be sincere
5) The three things that I always keep in my fridge: Milk, olives, and eggs.
6) The place that I had a lot of fun lately: Bozcaada.
7) The worst thing about me: I can be very messy sometimes.
8) The three women that I care the most are: my mom, my agent Ozlem Durak, and the third one is still in question ( interviewer jokes 'It is actually me, but don't tell anybody')
9) I spent most of my money on: books and movies.
10) I can never give up: on my family
11)Actresses i like: I like Juliette Binoche, Jennifer Lawrence, and Natalie Portman a lot.

-Ozlem Kotan (the reporter who made the interview with Engin) said about him in the magazine:
"Because we caught him so late, we held him so strongly. "Ge kavuunca kamamas iin sk sk tuttuk tabi."

"I've never read any tabloid news about him or seen him on any TV shows or commercials. He has never participated in openings, parties, cocktails, or premieres. There weren't any interviews about him in any weekly or monthly magazine and newspapers. What about his Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts? He doesn't have any. I asked "Haven't you posted a single tweet?" and he answered "No. And I don't feel the lack of it at all." And, when he asked me back "Are you very active in the social media?" I feel a little bit embarrassed when I think about the two cell phones I had and the iPad in my bag.

No doubt, Engin Akyurek is an incredible actor. Especially, his performance in "I Wish I Were a Cloud" TV series has been praised by many. Nobody knows anything about him except for his acting because of the aforementioned reasons. I went to the studio in the evening of the photo shooting that lasted whole day and, like everybody else, I was wondering what was hidden behind this mysterious stance. You know, sometimes, nothing is as it seems.

And here is the result;
Engin Akyurek is a very tall handsome gentleman with an impressive voice. He is fun, easygoing, calm, and disciplined.He has very nice smiling eyes. And his humbleness is unbelievable. He ha s considerably large number of very loyal and sincere fans.They built libraries to schools in need and planted memorial forest bearing his name. They passionately love him and miss him a lot. But fame hasn't spoiled him at all. How nice.

Akyurek's uncompromising stance proves that being active in the social media, being on the magazine covers all the time, trying to be seen by paparazzi after leaving a bar, or making media statements do not make someone Turkey's one of the most lovable and intriguing man."

- Ozlem Kotan

Ozlem Durak - Engin's agent said about him:

"I saw him at Foreign Groom TV series set 10 years ago. As soon as I saw him, I asked to myself "Who is this?" The monitor just froze and I couldn't take my eyes off of the monitor. It was very obvious that he had an incredible talent and special personality. Then we started working together. I feel very lucky for representing a person like Engin. He is a very talented, disciplined, and good person. At the same time, he is a lot of fun. He was born to be an actor."
- His agent Ozlem Durak
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Why do best male actors (coincidentally good looking ) ...have female agents/ managers??

Thanks for sharing...
SaraFatma thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Why do best male actors (coincidentally good looking ) ...have female agents/ managers??

Thanks for sharing...

you know coz of the age old saying...
...'Behind every successful man there is a woman'
😆😆😆

Boohahahahahaaa
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

you know coz of the age old saying...
...'Behind every successful man there is a woman'
😆😆😆