Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 72

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
@Shruti
No idea on the episode bank etc.
Yeah the kid is like the pound of flesh without a drop of blood...here. LOL

There are so many theories.
1. The kid could just be imaginary. Beril in fact had a miscarriage plus depression. And Ender just fed lies to her that Kid is alive and put in orphanage etc...basically to help her live a fantasy to believe the magnanimous Ender he is!!

2. The kid might be given for adoption, for it reminds Beril the murderer of her father, who is also the father of the child

3.Ender has placed the kid under deplorable conditions..why would he treat a DB kid with love etc

Anyways...let wait for things to unfold!!
Edited by DefLeppard - 7 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail

This was posted by my friend Omya at another forum.Thought of sharing it here :)

************************************************************************************************

Hey Girls, I have been curious about the title of the book Beril went looking for when she first met Daghan, I found it's a poem after which the book is named, it's a very good poem ,very relatable to the story, see for yourselves:

Hasretinden prangalar eskittim", a poem by Ahmed Arif

Through my longing for you I have worn out fetters

Being able to tell about you,
To good guys and heroes.
Being able to tell about you,
To the disgraceful, rude
Filthy lie.

How many ice cold winters have passed?
The wolves sleep, the birds sleep, the dungeons sleep.
Outside life keeps going on, roaring...
Only I don't sleep,
Damn, how many springtimes,
Have I, through my longing for you, worn out fetters?
Let me put bloodroses in your hairs,
Once on this side,
Then on that side...

Being able to scream you out,
Into bottomless pits,
To a falling star,
To somebody that reaches a matchstick
A matchstick that is fallen
On the most barren wave of an ocean.

To him who has lost the passion of first loves,
Who has lost the kisses,
Who shows no interest in the sudden dusk
Who dreams away over a cigarette and a drink
Being able to tell about you, to him...
Your absence is another word for hell
I'm cold, don't close your eyes...

Hasretinden prangalar eskittim

Seni anlatabilmek seni.
yi ocuklara, kahramanlara.
Seni anlatabilmek seni,
Namussuza, halden bilmez,
Kahpe yalana.

Ard- arda ka zemheri,
Kurt uyur, ku uyur, zindan uyurdu
Darda grl- grl akan bir dnya...
Bir ben uyumadm,
Ka leylim bahar,
Hasretinden prangalar eskittim.
Salarna kan glleri takaym,
Bir o yana
Bir bu yana...

Seni barabilsem seni,
Dipsiz kuyulara.
Akan yldza.
Bir kibrit pne varana.
Okyanusun en ssz dalgasna
Dm bir kibrit pne.

Yitirmi tlsmn ilk sevmelerin,
Yitirmi pckleri,
Pay yok, apansz inen akamdan,
Bir kadeh, bir cigara, dalp gidene,
Seni anlatabilsem seni...
Yokluun, Cehennemin br addr
yorum, kapama gzlerini...

Ahmed Arif

In this poem Ahmed Arif is talking about being imprisoned and yearning for a beloved. He shows signs of frustration about being locked up while the world keeps moving on. His unnamed beloved is his light at the end of the tunnel.

Ahmed Arif was born in Eastern Turkey in 1927. After finishing highschool in Diyarbakir he continued his studies in Ankara. His politcal views got him in jail twice. After his penitentiary adventures he started working for newspapers and magazines. He died in 1991.

His poetry was often published, but it was not until 1968 that his only book "hasretinden prangalar eskittim" ("Through my longing for you I have worn out fetters", named after the poem) would be printed. It has been reprinted often since then (37th print in 1996). After his death his son published some more of his poetry (2003). Prior to that some of his letters were published (1992).

Ahmed Arif's poetry is characterised by its lyrical and epic nature. He talks about rural life, with a rural language or about his experiences in jail.

The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Even I had googled for that book which Beril mentions. It is such a beautiful poem👏
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Vids: Thank you so much for sharing the poem. I was curious about it, too.
DefLeppard thumbnail
@Shruti...
You know what after you asked no. Of episodes etc..I feel
This will be a limited series edition.
1.thriller/suspense cant be stretched beyond a point unless you add a nagin or daayan etc. Lol
2.Engin at this point of career will look at quality than quantity.
He cant block silly 2 years for a project.
He would like experiment more n more new teams etc.

30 episodes is my target!!
What say??
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

@Shruti...

You know what after you asked no. Of episodes etc..I feel
This will be a limited series edition.
1.thriller/suspense cant be stretched beyond a point unless you add a nagin or daayan etc. Lol
2.Engin at this point of career will look at quality than quantity.
He cant block silly 2 years for a project.
He would like experiment more n more new teams etc.

30 episodes is my target!!
What say??

Even I would prefer this one to be short given the genre. 30 would be just fine. Lets see.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Turkish series are given a fixed number of episodes which is 13 for season 1. That's the trend these days. So season 1 may have 13 episodes atleast.
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am going dizzy with the latest episode of OK with so many twists and turns but in a good way. I am happy that story is back on track with some very unexpected turns... quite intriguing! Some thing that I love about this series is that many s times the show throws up only ques and the audience has put their intelligence to test to make a sense out of it, narrative is not at all straight but interestingly twisted so it does leave a lot for the viewers to comprehend... this same could be a reason for so many people not liking it but anyhow I am really enjoying it a lot.
The scene that stood out for me in this episode was when Beril Daghan and Selvi meet at cafe... there are so many undercurrent and each character depicts his/her state marvelously.
Though Daghan is being once again being trapped I cannot stop myself feeling sorry for Selvi. She didn't had anything easy in life and on top of it lived with a stone on her heart and when time came for her to move ahead she was once again thrown into a dungeon of lies and deceit and pressed hard to shake hands with evil... poor girl she is doomed for life no matter what path she takes...
Dloves1D thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I just finished watching episode 5 and I must say, "What an intelligent way of story telling!. This show doesn't bore even for a second as viewers never know what turn will the story take the next moment. It keeps me hooked for sure.

Selvi is trapped. However, she has, for the time being, taken a good control of the situation. She is leaving no stone upturned trying to protect the two most important people in her life, Yilmaz and Daghan.
Daghan, on the other hand, has now come to know that Ender is his real enemy. But poor him, have no clue that Ozgur is not Fahri's, but his own son.
Ender has shown a very different body language in this episode. He doesn't hit Selvi, doesn't force Beril into anything like that, yet he has everything going on in his mind. He just pulls back very hard at that moment, and disguises himself as a gentleman.
As for Ozgur, I still can't figure out that why did Ender gave him to Fahri, and how can Fahri keep him as his own son.

So much drama in one episode. So many questions has this exciting episode left in my mind. But I'll have to wait till next week for the subbed-version of the next episode.

PS: I still can't believe that this show isn't doing well in terms of ratings in Turkey. And I'm like why? This has to come in the top 5 at least.

DefLeppard thumbnail

3 Coffins

Selvi realises that Ender's obsession has lead to Sezai's killing.
While Daghan inspects the scraf to be real or fake cashmere, the lady luck is kidnapped. Poor Osman gets confused with a blind man's bluff and cops n robbers.*Blame it on that old car*

When Selvi reaches the hazardous factory, the siblings have the teary tale to reconcile. Didnt aunt Zakire tell that Selvi was a cindrella...ofcourse since childhood. We didnt deny it!

Yilmaz does accept that every heart beat of Vildan was given by him. But who paid the price? Ender towers like a langoor(monkey) enjoying the fight between two cats. And how does he resolve...preaching #SiblingSutras!!

Team D breaks into Yilmaz's (by now Daghan could make duplicate keys), to find Selvi. Daghan tunes on radio FM - Fahri Mate

In the meanwhile Selvi shows off her law degree to be enforced for more bullying? Did she mention her father then?*curious*
She says...birak...birak...Burak!! That was Fahriye for you!!

Team D provides rescue services to Selvi. Did Daghan lift her sweater to see the waistline bruises...*see the benefits of being a doctor* ;-)
Selvi improvises her self kidnapped story for an dormant Mt.Daghan volcano to spit more ash and fumes.

Selvi moves into Soysurs for a safer place. She reads aloud the SiblingSutras as her bed time stories. Yes we all have told to share & care for siblings.
While Daghan plays "Listen to your heart" by Roxette, his hands tied with unknown anxiety and fear. Where does the fear live ...in the heart or in the mind???

Next morning Sabiha Sultana has found her guinea pig for home remedies. Sympathies to Mr.Halil.
So Ayce elevates Selvi from brother's attorney to family friend (dost). Hmmm call this moving up in the value chain!!

So Sabiha is dreaming of her son's wedding, is so happy n chatty that Soysurs have "meet the fockers" moment.
Sabiha compensated for Mehemt's absence. "Blind leading another blind"...shot gun dialogue.

If Daghan thinks that by a degree he can heal, his dad feels that his son's presence is the biggest therapy.*profound thoughts*

At the same hour, in the same city, 3 idiots are "trying" eat to their breakfast. Very few people know what makes them happy!! And Beril is one of them*nirvana moment*
But Beril likes to call Scotland yard to find a thief...errr murderer sitting next to her.*heights of salvation* And Ender if you love your wife...please jump off from Great wall of China..Now!!!

This week E-company decide to play whatz the good word. They choose between captivity or death.*corporate lessons by E-bey*

Did Daghan speak his fears of the bad guys reaching his family?? This gives Selvi a lead to compose the fund transfer forge from E-man Island to Halil*The Firm re-visited*

So Sahika cajoles Beril to relive "love" in her life?? Positively dangerous ideation.

Selvi's JIT (Just in time ) saves Fahri's life, while E-company employees play truth or dare. LOL

Yilmaz is a cold blooded man. He was ready to kill Fahri with a little instigation form Ender. There was some discussion on his proficiency as sniper or mental illness etc.This abnormality is very evident.

If Daghan complains of sleepless nights, Mehmet shoots him back...saying he doesnt like people who sleep*love these one liners*

When did Daghan upgrade to I-phone? *ring tone* soon after playing with kids on the streets!!

Now the most talked scene of the episode...3 coffins...nah...3 characters.
While a pouty lips Beril waits for Selvi, its Daghan who rushes to do some damage control. However it backfires...miss-fired and catches fire!!
Why did Selvi inform Daghan on her appointment with Beril? Was it a reality check for her to know how much Beril "lives" in Daghan's subconscious? As a practicing lawyer, she should learn to keep her personal and professional life sorted.
Ofcourse there was a hidden agenda from Beril too, but she did make it clear to collaborate. I believe this is so important to play with a Goliath like Ender. Daghan & Beril...please dont wash your dirty linen in public.*free advice*
Any inforamtion withheld could damage the case...ofcourse. Its applicable to Selvi too!!
Selvi cleverly plays her insecurities (of her involvement in the case) as a cute tiff with Daghan.If this continues Daghan will never recognize the true face of Selvi. JEALOUSY was their middle name!!!

Sabiha does a quick background checks before issuing visa for Soysur fort...Selvi is compelled to move away from reality. Does she love to remain with virtual reality aka happiness which has eluded her since childhood???

While the beauty n the beast dance for a "devil called me" song in the background colder than a salad, just holding hands and cuddling on the couch was scorching the screens elsewhere.

There are times when you feel genuinely sorry for Selvi...her longing for a family, security and love. How can you roam around with a pocket size picture of Yilmaz from yesteryears?How easy it for Daghan to access/ransack if required when in erupting volcano avatar???

So Ozghur has little female admirer too? ;-) Creatives liberties of stranger entering a school could have been done better.

Ender towing Beril, Fahri and Yilmaz to the same line is scary. Does this mean that Beril is also physically abused by Ender?

If Beril can wear red lips...ha so can Selvi*may be shez born with it ...MayBeril* kill me*
Yeah we need to see her colleagues, any good friend helping Selvi out. You can't be so lonely out there???? Bar association...doesnt it sound familiar?

Beril in her la..la. land. This can lead her to trouble or is she catching the rat of her house?
Fahri has given cryptic hints to Daghan, accused of murderer by a child who needed a medical help.Double whammy!!

Is Halil going to die? Is Fahri going for the kill this time?
When did Daghan tell Selvi on his search for Fahri??

So the ransom note was planted by Ender recently which makes the forge statements very clear.

So will Dagahn react after realizing that Ender is the man behind the operation Mountain Dew? Maybe yes. Maybe he will plan this time for his prey? Will he be a killer?

No. The 3 coffins are the metaphor of questions bobbing in his mind since 11 years.
1. Who killed Sezai. 2. Why did they kill Sezai 3. Why did the killers impersonate him.

If Dagahn needs a fresh start, he needs to bury these questions by finding the answers (i.e killers)

How long Selvi play with her charade? Does this take toll on her health...for things to be revealed?
Is Beril really willing to collaborate? Sahika do something. Inertia is boring.
Idiot Daghan...if you give your whereabouts...Selvi will check n mate you buddy!!*halal cut*
Waiting for Ender to unleash.

PS : Best scenes were Daghan playing football with kids & Daghan has his kismet connection with Ozghur.