Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 71

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kamala2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I think Daghan took the scarf to come back to the house and return it. Use it as excuse.
kamala2012 thumbnail
Anyone knows how this series is doing in Turkey? Is it getting good ratings? It's going at fast pace sometimes. And sometimes the story is disorganised and same thing is repeated.
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kamala2012

Anyone knows how this series is doing in Turkey? Is it getting good ratings? It's going at fast pace sometimes. And sometimes the story is disorganised and same thing is repeated.

Ratings are pretty bad as per Turkish telecast... not in top ten shows of the country. To counter that rating there has been some changes in the crew. Director changed and recently the writer has also changed so may be all this is effecting the series but I am finding it quite edgy personally with few flaws here and there...
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: sakhisangni

Ratings are pretty bad as per Turkish telecast... not in top ten shows of the country. To counter that rating there has been some changes in the crew. Director changed and recently the writer has also changed so may be all this is effecting the series but I am finding it quite edgy personally with few flaws here and there...

Oh really? That is sad. I hope in order to get TRPs they dont ruin the show by inserting weird twists & turns.

TBH even I didnt like the show much. I find all the actors except Engin & Sarp strictly average. I started watching it for Engin but Sarp has managed to impress me 👏 Other than these two I dont see many positives. The other actors including both the female leads (Beril & Selvi), music, story, direction are all average.

Maybe they should have kept the identity of the killer a secret? And given a few different characters like Ender's dad, etc some motive to kill him so the audience is left guessing. With everyone knowing Ender did it there is not much left to discuss. I have seen 3 Turkish shows so far, Feriha, FG & KPA & all three of them at least for the first few episodes till the characters got time to settle in held a secret/a suspense for the audience which is lacking here. As for the love story it just seems v forced & makes me feel sorry for Daghan & his family more than anything else
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It's disappointing to know that the series is not doing as well as expected. 😒
I just finished watching Episode 4. I agree with everyone here that the love story is being rushed. To my mind, that seems to be the only way now to take the story forward. Selvi's dilemma won't be heightened without there being an equal pull in her heart towards both her brother and Daghan. So she needs to fall in love...fast.

From the write-up on Facebook, I agree with a few things--especially about the contrast between Daghan's and Beril's families, Beril being all alone, and the back story of Mehmet. I suppose they will also throw in a parallel track of Osman and Ayse. But I don't agree about Sarp's acting; I think he is doing a fabulous job.

Fahriye is as pretty as a picture, and a good actress to boot. Gulcan is also impressive. All of the supporting cast seem fit for their roles. And about Engin...I have already said so much...he just gets better and better with every series. There is something extraordinary about this man.
sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ Lannister, yes they could do anything for the ratings like sticking to the norms and building up love story but I would have loved to see the thriller part more coz the story started with a background of psychological thriller and it did had a potential though I would agree with you that it would have been better if they left the audience guessing on some parts of the story and build up a suspense.

@blyton I agree with you on the casting part, though Engin and Sarp have been quite good in their characters I find the other actors too fit the bill and I find Farhiye quite good as child women kind of character that she needs to portray. She is vulnerable, child like and madly in love with Daghan but fierce, smart and spunky in her other life where she is single handily facing the world... IMO she is doing a good job.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The promo episodes had a different technical team...yon thomas, umur T etc. From episode 3 they have handed over the baton to another team. This was part of TIMS strategy.
Elif Usman the writer being changed is surprise for everyone. Reasons unknown.
TRP has been low considering there are already established dramas on Thursday night prime time in Turkey.

The genre might not be appreciated by everyone. Dark colors, brooding characters, non linear narration, less dialogues etc might not very popular to unwind in the evening :)
The drama has a story more than what it meets the eye.
IMO

I am enjoying the bumpy ride...without much heed to TRP, change of team etc, as long as the crux of the story remains unchanged, characters are not compromised!!

Happy OK day. Looking forward for episode 5 tonight :)

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@blyton
Agree on your points. The romance had to blossom as attraction to kindle the predicament in Selvi. Else she would just hang around with Daghan.

Guess screenplay will finish all aspects of Selvi/Vildan and stop.
Then they give Beril's side of story.She is like a late starter.

Once this is done, conflicts with characters will be its peaks.Mt. Daghan expedition!!
kamala2012 thumbnail
Thanks everyone for the information. Sorry to hear it's not doing well. But I agree with the view that the mystery element should have kept secret for some more time. The story looks too obvious now.

The interesting point for me will be when Daghan comes to know his child is alive. Then he will have to decide between Beril and Selvi.
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

The drama has a story more than what it meets the eye.
IMO

Yes this i agree with. At least I hope it does!

I also think S1 will end with one more death, either beril or yilmaz. Also daghans kid is yet to make an entry. That will be ender's trump card in many ways.

Btw any idea how many episodes the show is gonna have? Do they announce it before hand?
Edited by The.Lannister - 7 years ago