Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 65

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago
Episode 2 promo/ sneak peek (w/o subs):

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgKynmkHrUI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Z7alV10HE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcEObu4Jmo[/YOUTUBE]

Waiting for the episode with subs now
Edited by The.Lannister - 7 years ago
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So the day the second episode airs, I finally manage to watch Episode 1. πŸ˜†
I am impressed. Actually, I don't have much to compare OK with except FG, since I had been waiting for FG to get over before watching Engin's other work (wanted to remain in Kerim Zone as long as possible 😳).

For starters, I was looking for similarities with Veer Zaara, and I spotted them. πŸ˜› The first is the scene where the jail guard looks contemptuously at the female lawyer.
The second, where the love rival frames the golden-hearted innocent guy (although this is also classic Count of Monte Cristo).
And the third scene is where the novice lawyer falters in her opening speech, only to gather courage by looking at the man she has come so far to defend.

The other two Indian references were the BG music playing when Daghan walks into the trap, reminiscent of the opening beats of It's the time to disco from Kal Ho Na Ho. Then I gave a twitch of delight when Beril mentioned the Himlayas (Engin, please visit India!) ❀️

The story may not be the most original ever, but the direction, acting, camera work, and the twist gave it the right edge. I loved how they used winter greys and melancholic music to create a sombre atmosphere befitting the theme of the show.

Now for the performances. I will save the best for the last. Meanwhile, let's talk about Fahriye. This is the first show of hers I am watching. She is a potential powerhouse. Her strong and clear voice is an asset. Gulcan, whom I had no expectations from, was surprisingly good, although in places her expressions seemed to mimic Eylul from BKEM.
It's Sarp who is a revelation. Since I don't follow Little Lord regularly, I didn't know what to expect from him...but the guy is damn good! His subtle change of expression when Beril is close to him, raving about Daghan, gives away all his real feelings about her. Then in the scene when he hears about Daghan's acquittal, just the still image of him holding his head in his hands conveys the volume of his foreboding.

The other supporting cast were all good. Beril's dad looked like veteran actor Om Prakash. πŸ˜›

It never ceases to amaze me, how the Turkish people are so similar to us. Daghan's lovely and supportive family would surely remind us of our own. His messy room, with his books and computer, and the way in which they all sat for dinner, sister teasing brother, the mother asking around for seconds...all of this was so realistic.

Finally, we come to the hero of the hour (or two hours?). Engin Akyurek.😳 Is there any role this actor can't do? How effortless he makes it look, but it's no joke to effectively play two characters in one-- the first, the naive medical intern, and the second, the cynical, dejected prisoner.

There was a visible contrast between his expressions in the two court scenes where judgment was pronounced on him. When he was convicted, there was disbelief and bewilderment. When he was acquitted, he seemed stunned, unable to believe in his freedom. From the nervous foot-tapping of the young Daghan, to the stoic and withdrawn posture of the prisoner who comes to meet Selvi, Engin adds details as only he can.πŸ‘

...and how could I write about Engin without mentioning that gorgeous mane? I have yet to see a man who can carry off hairstyles like he does, especially those which would look weird on any other guy. Those Kerim-ish curls remain my favourite, though. But I need to stop raving...

Edited by blyton - 7 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Episode 2 was equally good.
Revenge, suspense, non linear narration, great bg scores...and some close calls too!!
Awesomeness...!!

Good night girls...
486792 thumbnail
Has episode 2 with English subtitles been uploaded??
If so then please share the links.I found the Amara website to be really useful in case of episode 1.

This drama has got me hooked up.Every character has a story to tell.There is Daghan,the one who was wronged.The one whose entire life was turned upside down for something he didn't do.
There is Ender the wrongdoer who apparently ruined an innocent person's life for his own selfish motives.There is Beril who is a victim of the circumstances.And then there is Selvi,the one who is ridden with guilt.Yes getting Daghan out of prison isn't enough.Justice has to be served.

Revenge,thrill,drama,it has everything.And the actors are so mindblowing.

Moreover it has Engin Akyurek.This name alone is enough to make a drama superhit.⭐️
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Ayesha,,,,,,my routine is to watch it on live streaming (HD Quality ) every thrusday and follow-it up with subtitles view by week end.
Sounds like a plan. LOL

PS :Sub-titles take 2-3 days to be out.

sakhisangni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Complete summary of episode 2 of olene kadar- credit to Engin Akyurek-the actor

Episode - 02 Searching for Truth'
The episode starts with Selvi dreaming about Sezai's murder and Daghan's voice when he was shouting that he is innocent. She wakes up crying. Daghan's mother is happy and open Daghan's bedroom door to look at him. But he isn't there. She wakes up Asye and tells her to call the police as her brother is not at home. Asye says that he is a grown man, then why to worry. But Sabiha says that she has waited for him for years and won't lose him again.
Daghan is sitting on rocks at the seaside. Going back in time and thinking about probably his last meeting with Beril, Daghan recalls asking Beril to believe his innocence and she says she needs proof as all evidence is against him. She also tells him not to write to her anymore. While she is leaving, Daghan asks her about their baby. Beril says that the baby is already dead!! At this Daghan in present looks towards the sky and smiles as if seeing his child in heavens.
From there Daghan goes to Beril's house. She is sitting near her window and sees him. But Daghan turns around and starts to leave. Beril runs outside after him barefooted and in her night gown. She follows him round the corner of the street and calls him. He stops. She yells "Please don't leave!" But Daghan walks away. Ender comes after her. Seeing her like this he picks her up and takes her inside.
His family is relieved to see him when he returns. He tells them he went to get some fresh air. Ender tells security to make sure to not ever let Daghan on the house premises. Asye gives Daghan his old phone and records Selvi's number in it too. Daghan asks his father if his job is too tough, but his father says its fine. His mother also leaves as she is taking care of a friend's ill child. Asye leaves for school.
Daghan calls Selvi and wants to meet up. First Selvi says that she is busy and whether it is that urgent (she knows what Daghan wants from her and is intentionally avoiding him). She finally agrees to come to his place.
Ender meet's Selvi's brother (Yilmaz) and Yilmaz says "don't worry about the lawyer girl... it was just a coincidence case for her." He tells the brother that he suspects Daghan will want revenge and to keep an eye on him. Beril asks her driver Fahri to take her out. He asks where but she tells him to drive and she will guide him.
Selvi goes to Daghan's house. He wants to know if she will help him find the people who falsely accused him. He says he wants revenge on the people who made him lose so much of his life. She says she already looked into it, but she couldn't find out. Beril is outside Daghan's door. She tries to knowck but goes back and sits inside her car. Selvi says there is no legal way of finding out who accused him. He says "then we will have to find a legal way of finding out" and rushes out. When she goes after him, she says "don't do anything stupid, because if you get in trouble, it can also hurt me as your lawyer." Daghan says "then you're no longer my lawyer." As they both come out. Beril and Fahri both see Daghan.
Selvi is trying to stop Daghan but she is herself held by her brother who forcefully takes her with him.
Ender walks into the office building. His mother is waiting for him in his office. She asks him if the fact that Daghan is free can harm them in any way. She says that when Sezai died, all their problems were solved back then. She says that even though she wants to believe that Sezai's death was just good luck, she questions whether that all was the truth and that she had suspicions then too. Ender tells her he had nothing to do with his murder and that everything will be fine. Here we can tell they don't have a very good relationship. Ender doesn't call her mother but addresses her with her name as Asu Hanim'.
Daghan goes to visit his old friend from prison - Mehmet. He used to be a cop back in the day and Daghan wants him to find out old records about his case. Daghan says he will take the risk of getting caught even.
On the other side, Yilmaz wants Selvi to stop hanging out with Daghan. She says she cannot let the past go, even though she wants to. She feels responsible but her brother says it's really he who is responsible and she did whatever he told her. Going back in time 11 years back, Selvi and her brother are homeless and they break into an empty house that is up for sale. He tells her they are playing a game and that every night they will stay in a different home and that at the end, whichever house she likes, they will buy that one. While selling her handkerchiefs, Selvi faints. At the hospital, Yilmaz tells her she is sick and that she needs a heart transplant.
Ender's security guard then (Fahri) is his friend and he tells him there is a man he can kill to get the money for the transplant, but no one will know he is the killer. Yilmaz then tells Vildan/Selvi that they are going to play a game called "Who's the murderer?" and tells her that it is going to look like someone was shot, but he is not really going to die. And that the pretend killer is Daghan (shows her his picture). He says "When the cops take you away and ask you who the murderer was, you will point at Daghan."
Present day, Selvi asks "do you know who killed him?" And Yilmaz says "I do not know." She wants to know "Who paid the money for the surgery?" And that she needs to find the real killer before Daghan finds him. Yilmaz says that she needs to let this go and move on. Selvi says it is easy for him to say that as he does not have those nightmares which she is having.
At dinner at their house Ender asks Beril where she went today and she tells him she went to see Daghan, even though he already knew. She is now questioning who the real killer was, why did he do it, etc. Beril also says she wants her child back and asks Ender "Who did you give my child away to?" He says "You gave it up even though I asked you to reconsider." She says "I made a mistake and now I want him/her back." He says "you don't have the right to turn that kid's life upside down, and that if you're this selfish, then you don't deserve to be a mother." Beril says that they cannot change the past but they can change the future.
So, Daghan and Beril's child is very much alive and has been given away for adoption.
Daghan's friend gets him a police vest and a fake police ID and tells him to look for a guy named Yunus at the police department. He gives him a key to the room with all the old case files. Daghan goes there and finds the file but the "eye-witness" folder has its page missing from it. Basically empty. As he is leaving, the detective recognizes him and they arrest him.
Selvi is called and she immediately comes from her office. Daghan is having the traumatic visions of his past in prison as he is once again locked up inside bars. When Selvi comes there she says to him, "This is what I was afraid of. What were you trying to do?" He says "I was looking for the secret files, but someone must have found it before me. There is nothing in the file about the witness and maybe the police is also involved in this case." Selvi goes to the officer and tells the detective that if they do not let Daghan go, the fact that the case was originally handled in a negligent way and that there are missing pages from the reports could come into the picture. And she says she is going to talk to his boss about this. Thus, Daghan is released.
The detective calls Ender to warn him about Daghan, means that this policeman is Ender's man too. Ender calls Yilmaz and gives him a hard time about sleeping on the job and not knowing what Daghan has been up to.
The cops let Daghan go. Selvi tells Daghan to let his past go and to think about his family. She takes him to his sister Ayse's school, where instead of being a student, she works in the cafe. Selvi tells him that his father has been unemployed for a few years. He got sick the day before Asye's university exam and she could not take the exam. And that they barely make ends meet. She tells him his family needs him. Daghan leaves from there as he does not want his sister to see him.
At the bar in night, Selvi's coworker questions her about her relationship with Daghan and she tells him they only have a professional relationship, nothing else.
Daghan starts looking for a job and takes his applications to a hospital. One of his classmates from medical college recognizes him. He is there for an interview. The interviewer asks him why the experience section is empty and he tells her he was in prison. Daghan is told that he is over-qualified. Means he cannot be given that job.
In despondency, Daghan walks back to home. On his way his neighbors and even the kids look at him with mysterious looks. They are treating him like an outcast. AT his door a man sent by his friend from prison days is waiting for him and tells him that Mehmet is calling him. Daghan goes to Mehmet at the ship wreck. Mehmet says to him that he got lucky to be released and that he needs to let this issue go. Daghan asks him for a job. Mehmet agrees to allow him work there as a guard.
At home, Daghan tells his mom that he has got a job as a security guard and that he is going to have to stay at the ship wreck all day and all night. Of course she objects. Daghan says he knows the truth about his dad's unemployment and Ayse working at the university cafe. Ultimately he says goodbye and leaves with his luggage. As he is walking away, Daghan feels that he is being followed. He stops and looks back but there is no one. He is being followed by Yilmaz!
Selvi's wondering where Daghan is... Because she knew he had a job interview and she is wondering how it went. The old lady with whom she lives is teasing her about her interest in Daghan. At that time, Daghan's mom calls Selvi and tells him that he has left.
Daghan has reached his new place. The room where he has to stay is a ruin. He is making tea when Selvi arrives. She gives him some forms to fill out so that he can continue his medical school education. Selvi tells him that since he was innocent, it was a special case and that he can finish his remaining qualification in 7-8 months. Yilmaz is also watching. He followed Daghan there and knows that his sister is inside with him. While Daghan is looking at the documents, Selvi pours tea. But she drops both cup as they are hot. While picking up the broken pieces she cuts her hand and it starts bleeding. Daghna gets up, takes her hand and cleans the blood and bandages her palm.
Daghan and Selvi come close. Selvi is trying to kiss him but Daghan says to her that it is better that she leaves! She obeys him and leaves immediately. Yilmaz sees his sister leave.
The next morning Beril goes to see Daghan at his parents' house to meet him. Asye meets opens the door. She tells him that Daghan does not live there. She asks him where he is as she wants to talk to him.
Daghan has filled the forms which Selvi gave him and as he is leaving to submit them. As he opens the door, a paper flips over. Printed on it is "if you want to find the false witness, come to the Topkapi Cemetery." Daghan looks out to see of someone is outside but there is no one there. He throws the paper in the bin and goes outside.
He meets Beril outside. She hugs him and asks for forgiveness. Daghan just stands there as dead body with no movement or emotion. He just says "you believed someone you didn't know and you didn't believe me." That is when Beril says that she thought that how can an innocent child lie as a witness. Now this is information for Daghan. Beril says that is what she was told but she does not know who the child was. Daghan goes back to his cabin, gets the paper out of the bin and runs away. Beril calls behind him but he does not stop.
At the cemetery, Selvi puts flowers on the graves of her parents and on that of Vildan Saner' (herself). Yilmaz startles her asks Selvi why she went to Daghan the night before, and she says "how did you know? You're following Daghan? Why?" At this very moment Daghan also arrives there and calls Selvi. Both the siblings are taken aback as Daghan looks at them with shock.
P.S. On papers the witness against Daghan, the little girl Vildan Saner is dead!!
ramanika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The almost kiss scene was realistic and at the same time rocking
The.Lannister thumbnail
Episode 2 link with subs

http://amara.org/en/videos/3WVHm66umCPE/info/olene-kadar-2-bolum/
The.Lannister thumbnail
Watched the 2nd episode. What a fantabulous episodeπŸ‘ Loved every single moment of it!

SPOILERS

Ah my heart cries for Daghan every time I see him in jail or thinking about those times now that he is out 😭 And I feel equally for his family. Their son taken away from them, his prime years wasted 😭 Engin enacts the helplessness, feeling of betrayal of the old Daghan as opposed to the stoic, bitter new Daghan so well πŸ‘ His body language, expressions & especially his eyes convey volumes.

Prison buddies & their back stories are always fun & I hope we see more of Daghan & his prison buds n their time together πŸ˜› But atm, why did they have to get Daghan in when one of their own men in the police could have gotten in & out a lot more easier? And ofc the police officer had to be corrupt πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Fahriye was mindblowing in her encounter with the Commissar. Btw wasnt it the same police station used in KPA? Also the college where Ayse is showing working...that was Feriha's college I think. I thought when Daghan met his friend from college maybe his friend will help him out But no easy way out for this guy I guess He will have to work hard for everything. I hope he doesnt get into any illegal work in the meanwhile.

Who is the woman with Selvi? Did she adopt her? As expected Selvi has some sob past story πŸ₯± Fahriye looks gorgeous when she smiles. Loved her smiles when she was being teased about her over interest in Daghan.

It was pretty low of Selvi to emotionally manipulate Daghan to give up on his revenge by showing him how his family was struggling to make ends meet. While she may have done it with a pure heart, genuinely wanting to help his family by making him realize their hardships, as long as she doesnt come clean with him I am always going to doubt her intentions. 🀒

Beril is a true lowlife 🀒 🀒 So she tells Daghan their child died when actually she gave it away? πŸ‘ Ender is spot on when he says she doesnt deserve to be a mother. He was 100% right when he pointed out that she is being selfish if just to ease her conscious she is willing to put her child through so much of trauma. What a crap woman 🀒 I am sure he has put that kid in some boarding school & will get him/ her back to use as a bargaining chip later on

I wonder who dropped that note for Daghan to go to the Topkapi Cemetery.Could it be Yilmaz himself who wants to show Daghan the witness 'Vildaan' is dead? Or could it be Ender's chauffeur...he doesnt seem v pleased with his boss & might want to get Ender in some trouble.

Anyways this episode was quite good. And now wait for the next one begins
Edited by The.Lannister - 7 years ago
The.Lannister thumbnail
Have they announced how many episodes OK will be having?