Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
These are Emmy awards for international programs not produced and made in USA. Just Like for american television actors/directors emmys is the pinnacle of success, for international /regional ones its a pinnacle of success too.
Basically international Emmy is the biggest award a TV actor/maker could get just like the oscar is for movie stars.
And iEmmy is a big deal coz it means you stood out on a global scale as you are measured alongside multiple contenders frim multiple countries just to make it to the nominations.

About 600 television professionals from 40 countries are in the panel/committee and decide nominees and winners.The whole process is audited by Ernst & Young.

Actors, directors, dramas which are a global phenomenon make it to the list but good series and thier actors are watched by the committee and then nominations finalized.

Its a long and arduous process and its a matter of honor to make it to the list as over 40 countries are being looked at and multiple shows per country so to make to to the top 5 nominees means you stood out amongst them all.

The medals are hence awarded to all nominees as a gesture of acknowleging thier excellence prior to the ceremony.

Having this nomination boosts your standing in popularity and credibility charts, boosts your pay scale and quality of future projects offered. It also impacts your negotiations for projects positively. It lends you credibility to you as a TV performer basically like an oscar would for movies.
It also works as a gateway to mainstream hollywood for some actors/director etc

They see the script, direction, editing, score, performances etc when they are measuring the regional/international dramas and those which are a global phenomenon.

Critics already were talking bout Engin as a possible nominee. He is the finest and most versatile actor in Turkey so his name being announced by Iemmys was a proud moment for Turkey. He was a very fine choice to represent Turkish television.

Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for this education.
And whom did he loose it to?
Was he nominated for FG?
Therez no mention of these details on the wiki!!
SaraFatma thumbnail
Engin Akyurek was nominated for his role as 'omer Demir' in 'Kara Para Ask'.
Martin hejmans from Netherlands won it though.

Considering how unambitious Engin is regarding his career and still treats it as a hobby rather than a profession it is kind of mindblowing how he reached this stage.👏

But I guess coz he still treats it like s hobby hes still got a passion for it and works on his characters its pleseant to watch somthing new everytime by him. He is not typecast or monotonous. But damn those notoriously long career breaks he takes.

He was asked and he said im here representing my country its a matter of honor/pride for me. He never said anything about the award or nominee or winning etc. Hes like in a totally differentzone. 😆
tvluvr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
watching bir bulut olsam alongside fatmagul now a days. Engin as mustafa bulut and engin as kerim are 2 totally different avtar ,his body-language,expressions and acting are just mind blowing and totally different in both the characters played by him.posting a video depicting both the characters,credit goes to the uploader.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyv1P4mIKeY[/YOUTUBE]

SaraFatma thumbnail
Mustafa Bulut is my favorite performance by Engin, especially when he is in the mental asylum uff i cried a river.
dude the guy is too talented. once fatmagul was over i had Engin withdrawals and watched BBO, and i was not disapointed infact i ended up becoming an even bigger fan! i just wanted to 🤗 ENgin for being sooo fantaaabulouusss !!

BBO is very very dark, sad, twisted show and it sits heavily on your chest because its just soo soo sooo sad, everyone is crazy and miserable in it infact its theme is 'Madness' yet there is something about it you just have tofinish it till the end coz you get so curious about what Mustafa will do,what will happen tohim, whats the next psychopan he will do.

you really need a big heart to watch it through and not shed a tear. Engin's performance pulls at your heart.its like a love and hate relationship with him lol 😭. its good your are watching it with FG coz you have somthing lighter to go back to when it gets too much, although FG is kinda a dark fairytale too.

hope you are enjoying watching both shows simultaneously, the culture of turkey is so diverse and stories so engaging.

maybe after you are done watching BBO we could talk about it.
in the words of his Turkish and Global fans:

"Engin Akyurek is addiction.
His performance a drug.
He is The King of Hearts..."

❤️❤️❤️
ibnbattuta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I remember when the promos of Fatmagul were running, you see Kerim walking among a bunch of people and all you see is him. That's how much presence/charisma/aura he has.

My dad is such a huge fan now. We were like if we could import him like Katrina for a Hindi film. He would beat all Indian heroes black and blue. And then we were like-no, shows are better than a 3 hr film. There's more of Engin. xD

Still I wish he becomes a movie star because that's where real fame lies. He deserves that and more.

SaraFatma thumbnail
omg that would be every fans dream come true, Engin Fans have been waiting for his bollywood debut since 2011 !! he sure would beat em all!
he would beat em all even if he was playing a deaf and mute guy with no dialogues!

totally agree on the point where you say he has a strong screen presence.

of the fans who watch bollywood such as those from arab, greek, latin and pak world, they love him and they love bollywood. So Engin and bollywood would be a pairing made in top tier of heaven!!! even in fan forums they are always saying things like India needs to discover him and hire him ASAP!!

he made a comeback in 2013 in turkish cinema, his movie was a hit and well received by audiences and critics alike. wish he would make more movies. i mean its nice he is working on his writing career but he has made a huge name in TV/Movies so focus on that right now dude. he is number 1 atm so he needs to Bank on it ASAP!

i wish he would take a project already too. he is too damn selective. im guessing like last time if he does sign a project it would be a BIG one like FGSN and KPA. i mean he has given back to back superhits from BBO til KPA, so hes probably waiting for a good character to do to keep at the top. he waited 2 years for Omer Demir to be written according to his liking.

im hoping he would give a movie first and then a tv series like last time. in november they usually announce new movies and tv shows so keeping fingers crossed for some news from his agent.

the worst thing is that the holiday breaks he takes increase by a year every time.

first was 1 year, then 2 years, aanndd if hes planning on disapearing for 3 years this time then im gonna find his agent and feed her poop.🐷

iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Road to Emmy's Part 9 - 'KARA PARA ASK'

In this last part of Road to Emmy's, we shall discuss the project of Engin which brought us to travel here.

When Fatmagulun sucu ne? was nearing its end, in June 2012, Engin was offered another Ay yapim project by Kerem Catay. It was a police story to be written by Sema Ergenekon and Eylem Canpolat - writers of Turkish hits; Gumus and Sila. Engin signed then, a project which script wasn't written yet. The series was to be Ahmet Katiksiz's first directorial venture as well. And it was to be Engin and Toygar Isikli's third project together! Engin was lured to the story due to its police-detective nature and because his character was to be different from his previous ones. It would be the first time since 'Yabanci damat' where the girl would chase the hero's love than the other way around.

Engin Akyurek is said to be not so ambitious about his career. He takes a project, works whole-hardheartedly in it, earns his salary and then enjoys his life without caring about the competition in the showbiz industry. Thus, having now established himself as one of the famous Turkish actor, Engin after FGSN, just vanished from the screen. He took rest and vacationed in England and Greece and came back to screen after 2 years.

Fans were hungry for Engin's performance and comeback on television and not just in the domestic market. The career break he took turned in favor of Engin as his series FGSN was aired dubbed in over 50 countries and he suddenly during this time became a global hearthrob and global sensation. The fans in Turkey missed him and the global fans were eager to see his new project.

In early February 2014, the trailers of Engin's new drama Kara Para Ask (KPA) - 'Black Money Love' got on-aired. Renowned Turkish actress Tuba Buyukustun was sharing the lead with him. The series also had veteran actors Erkan Can and Nebahat Cemre in its cast. At BKEM's premiere on February 14, 2015, it was announced that KPA was to start from Wednesday March 12, 2015 on ATV Channel. Before being on-aired, Kara Para Ask was already sold to 20 countries due to Engin's name being attached to it. In Pakistan fans heavily requested its airing to the channel urdu1 from the day its 1st promo in Turkey was aired! The series became a huge success in both domestic and international market and was garnering highest ratings in its time slot in Pak wheras Omer-ELif became the most well liked couple of the year. KPA was the biggest hit in Turkey drawing in highest ratings.

Omer Demir was yet again a very different character of Engin. He portrayed a soldier - an aggressive one who always beat first and talked later. He was a responsible family man and above all - an intense lover. Engin enjoyed doing this role a lot.

Till now, although, Engin's every character is different from the previous one, there has been one similarity in all of them: they were all Great Lovers, who carried infinite love for their beloveds. Omer Demir was no different in this context!

Engin, got what he deserved when he won the Best Actor category in the Seoul Drama Awards (South Korea) beating his Oscar Winning competitors such as Adam Brody - and becoming the first Turkish actor to achieve this!

Then Engin also became the first Turkish Male Actor to be nominated for the 43rd Emmy Awards to be held in New York. Although he did not win the emmy, the nomination brought Turkey's actor on the map, he is the only male actor from his country to earn this honor. The award ceremony was flocked by Engin's Global fans from indonesia to peru, greece to nigeria and one spectator reports, everyone else was invisible only Engin and his screaming fans were everywhere.

With his international award nominations, hit series FGSN airing in Spanish, English and Latin speaking world simultaneously along with his Hit Series KPA airing simultaneously in the Arab, Muslim, and eastern european world he was earning legions of fans and became the most influencial Turkish figure across the globe in the year 2015 till 2016. Infact the year 2015 is known as the year of 'Engin-Fever' in the southern hemisphere of the globe who was catching up on FGSN and KPA. He has now earned the number 1 Actor from Turkey position in the world, being the most recognized and well liked Turkish face globally, and only through his talent without any reliance on social media tools.

Apart from the above mentioned awards, Engin won the following as Omer Demir:

• TV Series Awards 2014 Best Actor Engin Akyrek
  • RaniniTv of 2014 Best Actor Engin Akyrek
  • Turkey Electrical Electronics and Service Exporters Association Cultural Service Awards Stars of the Export Engin Akyrek
  • " festival Marconi Odlleri ", organized by Bursa University " radio and television branch " in Turkey Best Actor Of The Year 2015 Engin Akyrek
  • TV Series Awards 2015 Best Actor Engin Akyrek
  • Kristal Mouse Award 2015 Best Actor Engin Akyurek

The 43rd Emmy Awards Ceremony was held at Hilton Park Hotel - NYC, Engin Akyurek was wished the Best of Luck to win by fans and very proudly attended the ceremony and represented his country. He has already won millions of hearts of his fans all over the world and is referred to as 'KING AKYUREK', 'KING OF HEARTS', 'KING OF VERSATILITY' and 'KING OF EXPRESSIONS' to name a few.

Hope this was informative and helped you connect better with your favorite actor. Thank you for being with us in this journey!

KPA STORY:

The story started with Police Officer -mer Demir (Engin Akyrek) - a devoted and honest officer of the homicide bureau, posted at Van. Omer's elder brother Husseyn (Burak Tamdogan) is also a police officer posted in Istanbul's homicide bureau. Both brothers have joined the police force because of a childhood scar: their father was murdered and the case was closed as an unsolved murder-case. Omer has decided not to let any killer walk freely, like that of his father. After putting another criminal gang in jail, he happily heads off to Istanbul to get engaged to the girl he loves - Sibel. Little does he know that his life is about to change for ever.

Then there is one Elif Denizer (Tuba) a rich, upper class jewelry designer based in Rome. To celebrate her birthday, she heads to her family in Istanbul where her world turns up side down.

On this very night, a tragedy occurs that brings Omer and Elif to a single point. Omer's fiance and Elif's father are found murdered in the same car at a cliff!!

After the death of his fiance he suffers great pain. With the shock of her sudden death and the accusations of his love cheating on him, Omar realizes that there is more behind her suspicious murder. He decides that he will do anything in order to find his fiance's murderer and to prove to everyone that she was not cheating on him. On the other side, Elif, the middle child of three girls of Ahmet and Zerrin Denizer (Nebahat Cemre), loses her father to a murder where his body was found in the same car as Omar's fiance.

While still grieving after her father's death, Elif is threatened by dangerous men who kidnap her younger sister and ask her to find millions of dollars worth of diamonds that her father had stolen from them. Elif does not know that the man behind all these doings is her father's close friend - Tayyar Dundar (Erkan Can). Thus, while searching for the diamonds, Elif discovers that her father was involved in the 'black money' market industry, and unwillingly gets herself involved in it under the threats from the bad guys. Omer suspecting Elif of hiding something, follows her and also helps her sister to be freed from the culprits. During this companionship, Elif falls in love with Omer!

Though, there is a huge difference between their class, educational background and lifestyles -but as both are of pure and honest nature, Elif is pulled towards Omer's sincerity. On the other hand Omer, who treasures Elif a lot, cannot realize his liking for her as he is still emotionally committed to his dead fiance.

The second season of KPA started from September 03, 2014. It focused the strong love of Omer and Elif surviving during the turmoils and shocks in their lives while getting the criminals caught. In the end, Omer's love for Elif wins against any other priorities in his life!! Kara Para Ask was shot at Istanbul, Van and Rome and ended on a happy note with an open ending suggesting a possible season 3. It ended on July 15, 2015 at its 54th episode. Due to the open ending fans are still requesting for season 3 even after a year its stopped airing and leads moving onto new projects.Perhaps in the future we may get a movie on the adventures of 'Omer -Elif'. 😉

@Sara the story of KPA went haywire towards the ending...makers kind of ruinned Omer's character... Omer Elif relationship got choked...no breathing space at all for each other. .Elif became a part of most of the operations as if she was part of the police force. ...mockery of police ..etc...
MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

So im an Engin Akyurek Fan from Pakistan and when I say he is an obsession I literally mean it. Fans went so crazy for him they begged the channel to play his series which they did. Fatmagul was telecast 4th time.

The show you are talking about is 'bir bulut olsam' it was telecast as Nijaat on urdu1 in urdy dubbing. He plays an epileptic and obsessive man crazy in love with narin. He is amaaazinnggg in it. Sadly the censor board stopped transmission as it was very bold topic. His character ties the girl to his hand at night so she wont run away and stalks her and makes her walk on mines while he watches her sitting on his pajero. Engin was soo good I mean its such a rotten character but u still end up loving him. I dunno its his eyes he makes a sad puppy dog eyes n BOOM u cant hate anything.

And its very very different from Kerim in fatmagul. He is very versatile. U can barely tell thr plsyed by the same guy. His body language and expressions are sooo different. He is king of expressions and king of versatility.

He is very very expressive and you know he was nominated for an Emmy last year. He deserves to be at number 1.
When he entered the Industry the critics said he has to prove himself as his looks are not typical european as he looks more eastern and he proved them.

Watch his recent show 'Kara para ask' its called 'kala paisa pyar' in urdu. Its fantastic and hes suerb in that too. I mean hes fab in every role. Thr all so different.

Really happy to see he is winning fans in india too. Since 2012 he is most fan favorite turkush actor in pk. Hope he makes a mark in india too like he did across the world.

Sara it felt so hurt when you called Mustafa a rotten character. I got so attached with him. Mustafa was a crazy lover and due to his neurological sickness was very very insecure. From the moment I have watched him, he is not getting out of my head. Out of all the characters I watched of Engin, I loved Mustafa the most. Even though he was so violent, he still had a sort of innocence on his face.
Edited by MercuryVenus - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
@Iamanaida
That a prob with most Turkish series, they are expensive to produce n have to be sold abroad so they drag n stretch the story in the latter end to make some more money in international marke on it coz thr sold per episode sometimes in some regions. Same fate was for aski menu, feriha,FG and muhtesim yuzyil. However I don't think Omer's character got messed up. They just showed that a man can honour his wife more than his career if love is stronger coz they already suffered so much he dint want to loose her even if it meant loosing a piece of his identity coz she made him complete. Although I do agree there were too many twists n turns, and Engin as omer Demir is a thousand skipped heartbeats, he amazes me with how can these characters be played by same actor n yet be so different lol.😳

@mercuryvenus
Mustafa bulut is very dear to my heart too an unforgettable character by Engin. Why I say rotten is coz writer tried putting every bad habit in him, like he was violent, wife beater, obsessive, debauch, smuggler, bribe giver,kidnapper,rapist etc. All bad you can imagine. But we don't feel he's rotten coz character is very complex he is pushed to do all those things out of circumstances and he gives reasons to justify them through his actions. But Engin's performance is so endearing instead of perceiving musti as a villain he comes across as a victim himself of his insecurity in love and mental condition. He was so sick but the society made him. 'Like how he keeps saying I'm not crazy' and most times he's very witty and smart but coz of epilepsy being considered madness in village he isn't given credibility. His anger and frustrations stems from societies treatment of his epilepsy.

I mean very hard to hate the victim here even if you make him the worst person on earth. inspite of all he did still want narin to accept him.😭 Even though rationally that's awkward to accept but when Engin plays musti common sense goes ghaas Charney lol.😆

He grows to become a reformed man later and a good husband and father. The same was felt by Turk audiences too by the way. This is why they dint like the lead and wanted him with narin instead,he literally is crazily in love with her so much so that its unhinged him emotionally/mentally. Engin made a hateful character so lovable by his performance. Kudos to him. He lingers with you for a long time. Engin did the impossible. This is why Beren and producers wanted him to play Kerim. And he did the impossible there too.
Also Engin as Sexy hot crazy lover Mustafa Bulut is like yummm 👏