Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 34

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Uff wish we had this class would never bunk classes lol.
@amanaida
I thought it was only me who thought that but yes Engin Altan does look alot like bradpitt !! His show derilis airs on hum sitaray though I havent seen it yet.

Asiya grew on me over a couple of eps and basically she has the same story as musti.
Initially I felt she deserved what she got but by the middle I had a soft corner for her and yes she is wayyy better than narin. Narin is too confused and blank sometimes. Even though they try to show her becoming stronger and vocal she still came acress as weak and meek to me who never could decide what she wanted in life. We call such people 'awaazaar' lool

Engin is hilarious in BBO especially when he is describing his brother the new project of hotel. Omg his English accent is soo thick and funny as Musti. The turkish accent he speaks in BBO is also very thick, harsh and very similar sounding to arabic than the soft sound of istanbul dialect.
Words are not enough to describe musti he is the devil and the sweetheart all in one.

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I just loved KPA and him with Tuba. If anyone has the KPA background or starting credits score please give me the link want the audio one as I just love the music of that show.
If everyone has seen the show we should discuss. I hope he comes back soon on screen.
ramanika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunflower52

I just loved KPA and him with Tuba. If anyone has the KPA background or starting credits score please give me the link want the audio one as I just love the music of that show.

If everyone has seen the show we should discuss. I hope he comes back soon on screen.

available on SOUNDCLOUD
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

@Sara Yes you are right Narin was too confused what she wanted...but just see her destiny, she wasn't happy till the end...both her husbands died... it looked like bcoz she refused to accept the pure and unconditional love of Musti she wasn't happy at all...

yes Engin's Turkish accent is thick, crude and funny in this show..he really gets 101% into the character...
kamala2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This thread gives lot of information about Turkish acting scene. Thank you all.

Are TV actors paid more and more popular than film stars? In India, TV seems to be just a stepping stone for career in films, for those who can make it. Wonder what it is like in Turkey.

It will be nice if someone can start a thread on Beren Saat and update us about her work.
shalu79 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

hello @diyalightsu

great to have you share your feelings!

i can understand what you mean, he just amazes you, its the same guy yet so different from his look to his body language and vocal tone. i feel once you see him you are spoiled for life. you expect more from others.

i think i had shared the links to subbed movie 'Bi kucuk eylul meselesi' (BKEM for short) in this thread, or maybe the FG thread. will post again.

the BKEM melody is really haunting, it sounds so sweet and sad. Toygar did a fab job in this movies music.

keep a huge bag of tissues this movie has the 'feels'. its really well made, took turk cinema a few notches higher. sweet sad take on contemporary love and slightly inspired by 'The beauty and the beast'. but do not expect it to be like a hollywood or bollywood film. turk movies have their own tempo and rely on narrative/tone and ambiance.

the other movie kader is not subbed in english, however a nice fan had compiled and subbed Engin's parts. will have to find it first. 😊 he looks very young and fresh in it.

Hello Sara,
@bold so true... he owns each character he performs n never while watching one u will get even a glimpse of other...i mean while watching KPA never i felt he is Kerim he was only Omer...his looks, tone, body language was so unique to that particular character...same with in BBO as Mustafa. Which other actor can do that...i saw few clips of his movie(BKEM) i m yet to watch that movie but in that too he looks different.
All three characters are so different but one thing is common in all of them that is all three are intense lover. Loved Engin as Omer n Mustafa too but Kerim will always have a special place in my heart...i just love the way he loves FG...so pure...so selflessly...proud of my baby
For Mustafa(BBO) i really feel bad for him...at the end i felt like he just compromised with his fate...i loved Asiye she was perfect match for him

Edited by shalu79 - 7 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail

Originally posted by: kamala2012

This thread gives lot of information about Turkish acting scene. Thank you all.

Are TV actors paid more and more popular than film stars? In India, TV seems to be just a stepping stone for career in films, for those who can make it. Wonder what it is like in Turkey.

It will be nice if someone can start a thread on Beren Saat and update us about her work.

The movies scene is not so great in turkey. tV is a bigger industry and its actors are paid very well. Engin is one of the highest paid actors on TV. I guess he takes around a million liars for 2 , 90 min pisodes, although his price has hiked after the Emmys and Seoul awards.

Thier movie industry is picking up though as to actors are now working simultaneously in movies too. This is to make movie industry popular too. Mostly thier movies are like tele dramas but some movies like BKEM were a step forward. The scene in turkey and Pak is quiet similar that thier TV industry and its actors are bigger stars as its a prime entertainment industry and recognised internationally. Tv actors work in movies and sometimes popular to couples are repeated in movies as on Turk tv they rarely ever are.

Thier to industry brings in millions of liars to turkey from overseas market. It's the seconds most exported series after USA and each episode costs between $20,000 to even $80,000 per episode not counting pay check of A list actors. FATMAGUL was very expensive series and so is KPA in fact the houses rented for shoots are real of real millionaires and rented at million of liras. you can learn more from research done by Deloitte. Turk TV is an area of study in many media and journalism universities in turkey and abroad at the level of competition and quality they put out. You can search and read more.

Edited by SaraFatma - 7 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
@kamala
I don't know how to put it in words but Engin is a phenomenon and watching him do his thing is a real treat. It's like a roller coaster ride. You are high with the jolly scenes and low with the sad ones. You live vicariously through his performances. It does not seem like an act in fact more like that person is real and pouring his heart out on screen. It it were not for the realisation that it's a character in a to screen you would just jump and hug the guy at his misfortune or his celebrations.

Mustafa is a really sad character by the end but I feel he got a better deal after seeing all he did with narin she still let him in her life and be a father.

Omer is too cute and mischievous I love that role he suited Engin so much. It was written especially for him and he finally said yes after 2 years of waiting on it.

Kerim tho darling hai anything said good is too less. And his hair keeps getting fab after each episode. Head and shoulders me Lena chahiay right??!
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
BKEM's tune is haunting... I agree Sara... Toygar has done a fab job wid it 😃. I did watch the movie w/o subtitles but got the gist... I found it similar to aamir's talash in a way... Its nowhere paranormal but the gist is very much similar... The ending was well thought but for many days I felt it was similar to that of some work... I zeroed on talash after that...

daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
KPA is one of a kind...
And interestingly enough before I knew of this series I had begun writing a fiction on diamonds and drugs 😆. Plots are definitely different but again the concepts that I was dealing in my work was so similar to that of KPA... 😆.

Am amazed at these coincidences 😃.

Nonetheless I can't enough of Arda,Pelin,Omer and Elif... 😉 and of course Asli... What acting 👏. Nilufer acco to me will b d dumbest character I have watched till date 😆.

Erkan has done Tayyar so well... He makes us hate him with fervor.. I liked Tayyar's attitude throughout...

Asli is an amusing character... The variations.. My gawd!!!!! Normal to hyper to comic to sarcastic to sad.. The actress nailed each of them...⭐️

Arda is a cute guy messed up most of the times.. And Pelin's nagging 😆