Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 31

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@anaida
Meral okay has sadly passed away I guess 3 years ago.
She was absolutely fantastic in writing complex characters that u love and yet hate. You should see her show 'muhtesim yuzyil' its available with English subs on its official Turk YT channel before they get removed but watching in urdu I found more interesting as they used the persian urdu used in mughal era dramas. It was beautiful.
Hurrem sultan and ibrahim pasha are a treat to watch.

Yes engin loves musti the most its his fav performance also coz meral okay wrote it. The reason we understand him is coz the show literally is being shown from his viewpoint so we understand why he does the crazies sometimes. While the characters are shown to not see hs viewpount or justifications.

Especially when mustafa shoots narin he pulls the trigger on himself but its empty hence everyone thinks he tried to murder her out of impulse but he was in his mind think its a mass suicide that narin agreed to. Its nuances like these frim his psych that make the character so interesting to watch and duscuss.

If zindagi shows BBO the FG thread members will have a ball discussing him thier views are super interesting to read.
ramanika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Love this thread so much. Wanna know more abt engin. So pls keep this thread alive
SaraFatma thumbnail
@anaida
I wanted to know if Engin played the lead in Yabanci Damat and was there any other actor along with him sharing the screen space.

Engin Akyurek was not a lead but a second lead in the show more like a funny guy in the love triangle who doest get the girl.

The other guy whose the lead plays a greek boy whom Engin's fiance falls in love with. She runs away before her marriage and falls in love with the greek. Its a really funny comedy show and was really a huge hit in Turkey and greece. In greece people call Engin by the name of his character in YD sometimes just like they call him Kerim in pak and UAE and South America.

In short his role is of a turkish conservative boy who runs a baklava shop (its a very delicious pistachio filled pastry desert very popular in muslim countries although the pak version is more soggy and chewy than flakey or crunchy).

So in short he plays a halwai and hes so innocent initially but becomes such a funny naughty and mischievous character out of jealousy when greek boy enters the scene full time cheapo tricks pull karta hai.
He doesnt get nazli but ends up with niko's(greek boy) girl friend and they even marry in the show.
The way hes flirting with her and wooing her in english is hilarious. Aik number ki chichorii harkatein karta hai and the way he irritates the greek boy is soo hilarious. Bohot hi cheapster character hai lol. And then he gets married three times in the course of the show but I dunno more details as iv seen snippets only.

By the way welcome to all new people who joined in! Wish u all would also join in our discussion. It will be more alive and fun with u all! And my thanks to @ibnbattuta for creating this wonderful thread! 🤗

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@SaraF...
mazaa agaya reading the plot. Wiki doesnt say so much.
Its almost like Asghar...my silly FK ...lol
Please links if you have...atleast.the compilation of Engin scenes. I would love see this avatar.
And Baklava...hmm...who doesnt like it??yummm!!!
SaraFatma thumbnail
His translated scenes il PM you as it could get blocked.
But his scenes where he converses in English il link here.
Im sharing the link on YT to the clip of his scenes with Anna (greek's gf). His expressions are so funny and cute he acts like an overconfident over hospitable bonga uff too good.
First scene: anna calls niko to see where he is but kadir picks up the call telling her where they are.
Second scene: anna comes to turkey and niko is dropping her to airport when they bump into kadir.kadir finds her cute invites her over shows the unrelenting hospitality and jokes how such pretty girl niko got.
Scene three: anna calls kadir to ask if niko is cheating on her with a turk girl and kadir clears the scene that nazli is his fiance and whatever misunderstanding was there is over as he told him to go to e hell and he ran away lol and he burns for her. Aww
Enjoy!

Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@Sara

Oh how sad.. Meral passed away...what an awesome writer she was... she's the same lady who plays Serdar's mother in BBO right...

If in Yabanci Damat he played the second lead, then BBO must have been his first show where he played the main lead and in BBO he excelled playing as Mustafa.

SaraFatma thumbnail
Yes meral was an actor too and a legend. She plays serdars mother in 'Bir Bulut Olsam'
Yabanci damat helped Engin to break into tv as previously he had done theatre in Ankara. It also helped him to get comfortable with the technical aspect of project such as getting comfortable on screen and not being too conscious. By 4th ep you can see he really became comfortable. It was a side role but the series became a huge award winning hit which boosted his portfolio and got him noticed.

It also helped him in a way to get one of the best Agent-Actor Match. Ozlem his agent saw him on YD and aproached him to represent him as his agent etc. So far she has had a very active hand in making him the biggest star from Turkey. He respects her desicion also she has a keen eye for what his fans want both in turkey and abroad and behind his experimentation too. His shows hav been super blockbusters in turkey and abroad and this lady has played a huge part in it.

Sometimes I wonder that shes probably his huge fan too coz she just knows what fans want to see him in. She works hard to get the best for our boy! Hes become a global name and a huge phenomenon and credit should go to her too coz Engin works for hobby hes so casual with his career hes not very driven by awards or popularity. That part is all ozlem. As a fan you want best for ur idol and thats why shes definitely a good friend and fan too.

Im sure his switch from ay yapim to Tims production house also had some influence from here. Shes a smart business minded women and I hope the decision fares well for them both. As a fan you can only pray for his success, that his shows do extremely well locally and globally and that he wins hearts universally.

Yes BBO was his first project as a lead although he was an Antihero figure full of flaws yet extremely charming like heathcliff rather than the sweet innocent yet troubled Hero like Kerim
Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail
@SaraF
Yaar...i am rofl after watching the video at 5am morning local time.This made my day!! Thanks so much*hugs*
What OTT...uff...we make baklava, niko in toilet, i will burn the world for her , be my guest , go to hell & finally Engin...ITS NOT OVER!!
Man...this mania i guess just started :-)
Whatt expressions...from wicked to plotting to loving to informative to objective. I really loved it.
Maybe this should used as a demo clip for wannabe acting kids?Dummy thinks some so called Pro also can attend this refresher course!!Hmm*dil khush hogaya!!*
Edited by DefLeppard - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
Hey hey ur most welcome!
I also cracked up when his eyebrows were dancing arpund in circles when he says ' I said go to the hell' hahah
He face is burning lava so hott and fluid hahah...sorry for the whack expressions loolzz.
ENGIN is encyclopedoa of expression and body langauge a 4 minute Clip is enough for demonstration.
The good thing about him is that he doesnt do same thing again and again so variety keep bringing people to watch his new stuff.

Also serenay asked to read forst 5 episodes before accepting the project as she wants to make the right choice for her career. Shes a model turned actress who mostly plays roch glam girls.
I dont blame her. Engin is very hard to match up to so she must be very nervous.its a big deal to be offered work opposite him. I hope things work out. At this moment dont even care just want him to start shooting the project already.

DefLeppard thumbnail
Am sure its a big deal to "try" matching him. Rather keeping pace with him. :-)
Its very intidimating to work with best in breed, atleast initially.