Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 26

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TVD-IANcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

So im an Engin Akyurek Fan from Pakistan and when I say he is an obsession I literally mean it. Fans went so crazy for him they begged the channel to play his series which they did. Fatmagul was telecast 4th time.

The show you are talking about is 'bir bulut olsam' it was telecast as Nijaat on urdu1 in urdy dubbing. He plays an epileptic and obsessive man crazy in love with narin. He is amaaazinnggg in it. Sadly the censor board stopped transmission as it was very bold topic. His character ties the girl to his hand at night so she wont run away and stalks her and makes her walk on mines while he watches her sitting on his pajero. Engin was soo good I mean its such a rotten character but u still end up loving him. I dunno its his eyes he makes a sad puppy dog eyes n BOOM u cant hate anything.

And its very very different from Kerim in fatmagul. He is very versatile. U can barely tell thr plsyed by the same guy. His body language and expressions are sooo different. He is king of expressions and king of versatility.

He is very very expressive and you know he was nominated for an Emmy last year. He deserves to be at number 1.
When he entered the Industry the critics said he has to prove himself as his looks are not typical european as he looks more eastern and he proved them.

Watch his recent show 'Kara para ask' its called 'kala paisa pyar' in urdu. Its fantastic and hes suerb in that too. I mean hes fab in every role. Thr all so different.

Really happy to see he is winning fans in india too. Since 2012 he is most fan favorite turkush actor in pk. Hope he makes a mark in india too like he did across the world.

I completely agree. Very few actors are this natural. Hindi/Urdu dubbed are good but the original Turkish version is just something you just can't stop tuning into. His dialogue delivery and his voice...an add-on to his expressive eyes. He does complete justice to every character he plays. Simply applaud worthy.
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: muskaan2298

@iamaniada So true. I am watching KPA and its so different from Kerim and as everyone has been saying Mustafa is even different from those two. Engin immerses himself in every role and I really wanna know how he prepares himself for every single role. I would really love to know how he prepares for all his roles

@Muskaan BBO has been his second show and he's done a remarkable job in his second show. As Mustafa the Turkish language that he speaks is so crude and his accent quite heavy. His switch of temperaments was simply fab and absolutely effortless. His expressions are simply outstanding. One minute you are scared of his acts and another minute you wanna hug him.

I was thinking does Engin isolate himself for a month before a show to get into the skin of the character. Who will say that this guy who played an obsessive lover is the same guy is the soft spoken Kerim. I think the toughest role of Engin as per me would be Mustafa's character - very complex.
Edited by iamanaida - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Engin did say that he emulates the lifestyle of the character prior to starting the project to get into the zone and prepare for it. Like being more outgoing and social for wxtrovert characters and loner gor introvert to prepare mentally. He also changes his lifestyle diet and does alot of screen and look tests to get into the character. Even in BTS for his movie BKEM u can see he is doing a look test and smirking at his appearance as its so disheveled.
He puts in alot of hard word to get the character right. And also takes a long break so people can get time to adjyst to new characters/projects.

About his writing I really like his reflective side as if hes sharing a very personal experience and giving us a glimpse into his past. Hes making us life his experience all over again. I mean thats how he writes he gives something we can live in our mind as if we lived it with him. I like how understated subtle and reflective his pieces are. He doesnt give his fans a gossip piece a tweet or what am about insta updates but he gives domething much more personsl, his memories and access to his psych. I think its really cool and a personsl experience.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Hey all.
All the global fans are going to be part if a TT event on 10th september to celebrate the 1st anniversary of him winning Seoul International best Actor award. See you there?

For India time is 1:30AM after midnight and 1AM for Pak after midnight. So it will be 11th sep by that time I guess. Fans from Over 40 countries will be joining the event to wish him on twitter.

You can tell where u are wishing from and be part of TT event too.

You can also mention his agency @artistanbul1

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh I recently watched the award winning speech by Engin.
It was great to listen to him talk...
Edits...
He looked lean and super tall.*handsome*with those hungry eyes*uff!

Q:Who was the lady in white...to whom he pecked before collecting the award?

Edited by DefLeppard - 8 years ago
muskaan2298 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Hey all.

All the global fans are going to be part if a TT event on 10th september to celebrate the 1st anniversary of him winning Seoul International best Actor award. See you there?

For India time is 1:30AM after midnight and 1AM for Pak after midnight. So it will be 11th sep by that time I guess. Fans from Over 40 countries will be joining the event to wish him on twitter.

You can tell where u are wishing from and be part of TT event too.

You can also mention his agency @artistanbul1

Yes I am definitely going to be there on Twitter at that time! Thanks for letting us know :) my entire Twitter is anyways filled by him xD
SaraFatma thumbnail
Hey all. I wanted to know if zindagi has aired the episode where kerim takes fatmagul for dinner where he sings a song with her. Did the channel air it or was it edited out since I dont have that channel here I dont know. Just curious.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Not yet Sara.
We are running on bail grant scene. Kadir entry etc.

Can pls answer my question:
Repeats
Who is the lady in white whom.Engin gives a peck.on announcement of the award at Seoul tv awards?
Same question on last page from me.
SaraFatma thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Not yet Sara.
We are running on bail grant scene. Kadir entry etc.

Can pls answer my question:
Repeats
Who is the lady in white whom.Engin gives a peck.on announcement of the award at Seoul tv awards?
Same question on last page from me.

Oh that is supposedly Ozlem Durak his manager/agent she handles his PR and projects etc. she is in his words the 2nd most important woman in his life after his mom. he owes his career to her hard work. she saw him in yabanci damat days and has handled his career since then. id seen her for the first time in seoul awards when he kissed her cheeks and turkish fans said shes his agent so thats all i know.

SaraFatma thumbnail

guys so i saw this on his EAUFC page. Please note that the following news has not been officially confirmed yet by his agent nor @artistanbul1 but he may be paired with Serenay. yar usne chagtay ka medcezir barbaad kardiya tha pata nahi isko kyu de rahe hai role. she is huge i turkey but not good for overseas market. this is the news:

"Engin Akyurek's last TV series was superhit "Black Money Love/Kara Para Ask" with Tuba Buyukustun. The famous actor refused many offers this season, including "Kosem Sultan" and "Champion". According to rumors, he finally accepted an offer from Timur Savci, producer from TIMS Productions and signed a contract. Seneray Sarikaya, who is reviewing the scenario right now, is being considered as his partner."

Every month they drop this news to prepare fans. dont know when news will be confirmed. the minute the news is confirmed and trailer out fans are gonna make life hell for urdu1 until they purchase the show 😆 fans in India are still so lucky, they are experiencing Engin the phenomenon when so much info, magazines articles written by him and tv series already exist for you all to binge on.

in 2012 when he was becoming huge in Pak it was a dark period for Pak fans as we knew very little about him, he had not jumped into writing then, he did practically no interviews and his series were not even subbed and fans were just starting to subb them. we waited patiently on twitter for someone to leak an episode, translated interview, candid pics etc. you guys are sooo lucky omg!