Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 14

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muskaan2298 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Yes that song is beautiful and the video is so amazing!! Must watch guys :)
CupAlwaysFull19 thumbnail
@SaraFatma Seriously you are like..encyclopedia of ENGIN AKYUREK:D Thank you sooo much dear for posting these interviews in English translations..ENGIN'S fandom is indeed patient..coz most of the time he is 'Out Of Coverage Area'..:P THOUGH He is a GEM of a person..really feels great to be his fan:)
muskaan2298 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ThankYouu so much Sara for again giving us this! You are awesome and you are like ENGINPEDIA you just know so much about him :) it's awesome x
MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Guys do chdck out this songmade for promotion of Kara Para ask in Pakistan.

Its sung by Ali Khan the famous singer of Sathiya song.

The thene of show was unconditional love so I love how they made the song 'me chaho tumhe beinteha'

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zvr69

I liked that song Sara
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Haha thanks guys I like the name 'EnginPedia'.
Iv been a fan for like 5 years straight now. I guess if I ever meet him id jyst scream my brains out and probably thank him incessantly for entertaining me for all these years.
Perhaps maybe even steal a hug.
I have great respect for the man. I like the person he is othing fake or pretentious a strong head full of priorities. I guess this is why im still a big fan.

I made alot of friends from across the world coz of him and when his movie came out it was a greek friend who mailed me a cam rip of his movie. AHHH those days!! Everyone was so excited to see it even though dint understand turkish at all.

Actually thanks to all those universal Enginists we keep each other updated. Most thanks goes to EAUFC facebook page. They are loyal fans from different coyntries which translate his interviews videos series articles in different languages. Im justcsharing here. All credit goes to them really.

Im glad you guys liked it.
And Engin had a goofy sense of humor like typical teenagers with the nazan joke he he. I find it adorable. I bet that girl is regretting snubbing him lolz.

SaraFatma thumbnail

Originally posted by: DefLeppard

Yellow journalism exists everywhere.
I guess each celebrity have their own ways to fight it.
Am sure Engin is shrewd to tackle them.*smiles*

I find it quiet disheartening that media is so ruthless and careless sometimes in Turkey. But its same here in pak too. These people have earned Turkey a new found respect. They introduced a face of Turkey that forms an affinity and positive connection to the country. They should respect thier privacy. If nothing else then atleast not drag them through filth to make a quick buck.

I mean getting death threats is a serious issue. I guess in pak when our celebs get death threats we really take is as a serious offence even if not fan of that celeb coz we lost great artists like amjad sabri so recently. For us its a big deal. The media should responsibly report and not create dramatized fake scenarios that puts their lives in danger.

What happened to Engin in past and Beren recently is all due to irresponsible reporting to make quick money. Its very dissapointing. They got death threats. They worked thier butt off to gain respect and build thier brand again. Takes years to do it and one fake articles shatters it to point zero.

I guess they realize the media will bring u down no matter what so Engin has built respect and reputation through work and loyal fans. He speaks less and realizez what important in life. And we fans respectvit. If privacy is what he wants then surectake it Engin coz we know when he comes back he gives 100% and works hard to entertain us. He is already Number 1 has no one competing with him at his level hes a totally different game plan. He only does work coz his fans miss him.

Also Engin makes fans wait so much and is so private now that fans are more than eager to see his new projects/interviews/movies.
Hes like a rare treat u get only so often. That's why its more special. We drink it up like thirsty cattle lol

Daad deni pare gi to engin fans. They bring literal meaning to the word 'perseverance'.
I think weve all made besties with that word!!
Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
some pictures from the Omur Gedik interview

Pictures of the AKYUREK Family, thats Engin's brother and father.

SaraFatma thumbnail
guys this is the official Turkish OST of ENgins series 'Kara para ask' called 'Birak sende kaybolayim',its a really sweet romantic song and very catchy too. the video is a scene from the tv series which the song played in BG to:

guys this is the official OST of Engin's hit movie 'Bi Kucuk Eylul MEselesi' in which he played an ugly man a city girl falls in love with but she has an accident so forgets him and he has to make her remember their love:

Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail

Konuan Kafalar - Talking Heads~Article written by Engin Akyrek

Engin Akyrek'in Kafasnagre dergisi iin yazd "Konuan Kafalar" adl ikinci yazsn bayilerde bulabilirsiniz. (http://kafasinagore.com/)

Talking Heads - by Engin Akyrek

[Translated by Engin Akyurek Universal Fans Club]

"People say you have to travel to see the world. Sometimes I think that if you just stay in one place and keep your eyes open, you're going to see just about all that you can handle." - Auggie Wren (Harvey Keitel) from a movie "Smoke" directed by Wayne Wang and written by Paul Auster.

The conversations around the table, the swapping between saliva and stomach acid, and the damage on the idle percentage of my brain caused by the creaky sound of the wooden chair under my ass, as if it was creating a soft tissue trauma, were the proxy show of an atmosphere created by the weather. The rainy weather's attempt to wet entire humankind, as if it was rolling itself from the ridge, was like squirming of a little child who needed to pee. That's why streets were full of people and it was as if curbstones were walking on the people. Luckily, I had found a table and sat down. And I had sat in such a way that my attitude was like a great commander who wanted to declare his own independence and my body was expansionist enough not to want any feudal systems inside and my hands and arms were threatening enough to colonize other continents. A chair that a waiter would suddenly put in front of the places that I would go with my eyes open could make me a distant relative of a sweaty elbow which was tired of waiting. Meanwhile, I can't still catch the waiters' eye.

I am in a place full of people and when there is a lot of people, one wants to be something else. What do I want? Looking everything from above, rising like a seagull in the steep of a tea, I want to go to my dream place. Actually, I want to be a seagull; like the eyes of a seagull searching for something, I want to play the fairy tales that I love the most, landing on different distant lands witha manner of a fairy tale hero and inhaling the smell of the places where I land. Do I want a lot? It seems that, sitting at the table, one's desire to drink a cup of tea is one's most innocent state. When I look up, I don't like this black backdrop casting shadows upon my eyelids. While looking at the people, the weather, and especially, the seagulls that I am jealous of, I want to discover new continents which nobody knows and I want their name to be mentioned with seagulls, and, arrogantly, with mine. Seeing is like the most primitive device compare to my dreams and feelings. The symphony composed by the tables, people who don't listen to each other, hands mating with their phones, bodies that make their eyes make love with their smartphones as if they are receiving world's most important news, and heads which wipe away the most primitive human behaviors with a theory that I cannot explain.

Human nature; when one sits at the table, and furthermore, isn't able to catch a waiter's eye, one wants to say something for everything; especially for the things spoken at the next table. Yet, I would just drink my tea at the table which I fortified with my mind's walls. Even though the things spoken at the next table didn't have any correspondence in my sensor's system for a while, my existence, defeated by the frailty of being a human, was trying to be a part of the reality, like white feathers plucked from a seagull, and the sentences spoken between the tables. When one draws one's own borders, one audaciously wants to look around; and I am not still able to catch the waiter's eye. It seemed like he, constantly turning his back as if I caught his eyes I would have him written the obscenest words on the "adisyon" [Translator's note: adisyon means 'check' and it comes from the French word "addition"], which I thought it was pronounced as it was written, wanted to greet me with his back. The people who got together around the table had so many things to talk each other that I wondered how much sentence I would get in the judgments and the eyes of these people if I would do something crazy and, sputtering on the air with my breath, wanted everybody to open their eyes and go to places whose names they didn't know. Like seagulls looking for their sea, everybody could look at the sky and the seagull that belonged to them.

While thinking all these, I didn't know the angle between the hour and minute hand and I had already given hope up on the waiter. Our not being able to catch each others' eye had turned into a tragedy that needed to be told. Could I create a strong tea from the glances of the waiter who kept his eyes away from me if I waved my arms and hands?

... and, it seems that my waving arms and hands apparently got his attention, he looks at me, as if he has been looking at me for years...

By waving the little paper in his hand, plain and clear, he says: "Yes?". I look at him reproachfully for being so clear and plain, licking away the spit accumulated on the corner of my lips. I say "Tea" without breaking up the serious atmosphere created by the waiter.

Before I was able to tell him about the relationship that we had during the time frame when we couldn't catch each others' eyes, he, averting his gaze and folding the paper in his hand as if he is mimicking the gestures of important people, says "We ran out of tea" and leaves.

Thinking whether I should postpone my dream of living a literary moment within me with my eyes wide open, I wrote on a white paper with characters stuck between my tongue and lips: "I guess it was very easy to drink tea and be jealous of the seagulls... The hardest part was to be a human..."

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome Engin. Loved the writing style and of course the translation.
Right balance of Reflection, Philosophy, Ambition, Narcissism, Nature all connected with a glass of tea, its waiter and table.

Loved it.

Thanks SaraF for posting it here.