Engin Akyurek maybe the best actor in the world ever-BIO/Updates pg4&a - Page 13

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

So there is news that Engin is starting preparation for his new project where he will play a gangsters son. He is a roudy maverick and will take revenge for his father.

If this is true im already excited coz he is incredible in strong roles. The news was in sabah newspaper website.

I had to revisit Bulut coz he was a wadere ka beta and I just realized that Engin is very natural in that role.

So this time he will be a bad guy from the bad side of town and have alot of grey shades. Turk shows are best when they have roles like these. You form a love hate relationship with characters.

I want feriya evcen with him she has a sweet innocent thing and very sparky also reminds me of preity zinta from dil se days.
It would bring a nice balance to the rougish character Engin plays.

I am dying to see him in a rowdy crude avatar. I am sure he is going to nail this. My only concern is his lady to be...hope he gets a cutie pie like he himself is.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Actually Engin ne charity ke liye video banai thi aur jaha upload ki thi woh crash ho gae thi.
Fans bolte hai agar twitter ya insta pe aya to turkey me dono apps crash ho jae gi. Lool

Actually turkish media aur papparazzi bohot hi intrusive hoti hai aur bohot mean woh american papparazi se bhi 100 times crazy hai. Remember britney spears meltdown? Imagine celebs goin through that at all times. Aur jitna engin famous hai woh sirf coffee peene jata hai ha koi tweet karde uski location waha rush lag jata hai.

Even beren got in troubke last year in 2015 she shared a tweet condemning attack on some people and the media printed in paper that she supports terrorism and some party that supoirts terrorism etc which was fake and she was getting death threat so she isnt much active on social media these days that much.

Turkish actors jo bohotvestablished hai unko rakhna parta hai privacy kyuke paparraxi waha bohot ruthless hai. New actors aur youth actors phir bhi popularity game me hai. Engin ko shauq nahi hai career ke shuru hi mei usne bohot media ke haath suffer kiya tha. Pehle interviews me bhi excited hota tha scandal ke baad sober hota hai. Change ho gaya hai.

Uske stalkers bhi bohot hai turkey london greece etc mein. One time koi girls uski gari ka numver copy karke uske ghar ke andar tak agae thi. Usne phir bhi pics lee unke saath unhe bola aise na darae next time aur ghar change karliya. Dar gaya tha uska craze aur level par hai.

Socho zara jis actor ke liye charities, parks, hospitals banae jaa rahe ho by fans unki level of craze kaisa hoga. He has a cult not just fans.

Everytime he shoots series his fans from around world find location and go meet him on the sets. Yani turkey arab greek irani latin usa uk philipine indonesia pata nahi kaha kaha se.

Actually I noticed indian celebs are very open and active on social media. Even pak celebs arent that much. Waisey half time social apps ban ho rahi hoti hai even youtube and fbk stars have gone to TV. In pak we dont have a celeb culture. I have seen fawad (pre bollywood) and adeel hussain buying groceries in supermarket in pajamas and koi lift nahi kara raha hota. Not like how in india or overseas there would be a rush around them like flies to sugar.
Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail

Engin Akyurek ~ Interview with Ksaca Sinema~ 2009 :

This was a televised interview for a Tv show during 'Bir Bulut Olsam' days.
It has been translated verbatim into English from Turkish.

Engin Fans reflect his personality, his fans like him are very down to earth and very logical, and avoid saying ill about others. they love him for his personality and acting.
Engin Akyurek grows on you, the more you see him the more you like him. He is very professional, and does not depend on his personal life,affairs or gossip to boost his popularity, and all fans he has like him for his acting and work !! he is a very private person very mysterious! He is Truly the King of his fans Hearts!

Engin truly is a professional, he knows his priorities right, he is an actor first and then a celebrity and his professional behaviour shows in his work and personality. His fans love him as an actor first and then a celebrity too! The way he talks about his field of work is really inspiring.
You will never see him use cheap tactics like his personal life, or useless photoshoots to boost his career and popularity. You will never hear him having any problems or feuds with fellow actors or competitors, even his competitors have good things to say about him!
wish to see more of his work! good luck Engin Akyurek in your career! Thankyou for reading the Interview.

Now we are presentimg to you a pleasant chat of famous Cinema and TV actor, Engin Akyurek with Kisaca sinema.. I hope you all will like it.

Q1) how did you begin acting:

ENGIN: How did I begin acting? For me there are two periods...Firstly there's the period in which I did theatre in Ankara just after university. The other period is when I came to Istanbul to enter the industry... doing TV shows within the industry.I came to Istanbul in an interesting way, I came here via a talent competition and it progressed after that. Things happend, things happend..My coming to Istanbul, and being in this industry is all due to that competition I'd entered.

Q2) how do you prepare for tv roles,they are of long time and uncertain,how its different from cinema/movies?

ENGIN: Of course TV (roles) can be of long duration, for example...you can film 100-200 episodes, they can go for three years, that's why you need to think about them in long term, prepare and devote alot of concentration, it's ongoing. If you do a film role, 20-30 days and it's done. Then you concentrate on something else.TV shows have an interesting...tempo
Within that tempo, you show the development of the character depending on the popularity of the show, and the public reaction..it can evolve into something else and you have to always be prepared for that.This is how it can differ from the theatre or cinema,there's a certain scenario there (in movies), and you play that scenario,in a series you don't know what's going to happen in the 50th episode but whilst you're acting in the 1st episode, you have to think about what may occur in the 50th episode.

Q3) Is There an advantage to an actor who has thetre training and experience?

ENGIN: As an actor doing theatre is always an advantage. To enter into the Conservatory is a big advantage also...but this is all dependent on the individual. Because it's a very individualised career, that requires talent, ultimately this isn't medicine, there's no life or death danger in what you do. It's completely up to you.
Someone who hasn't graduated from the Conservatory (or Arts) can still be incredibly successful.But you can always graduate from the Conservatory, get an academic understanding of the industry...these are all to your advantage,But there are still many people(actors) , whom aren't Conservatory graduates that are still very successful.

Q4) Tell us about your motivation when acting characters? how you prepare for them?

ENGIN: Acting is a very emotional thing, therefore you approach it from the perspective of the character... What is it that I'm playing? Or what is it that I'm trying to represent here? What's his motivation? I place alot of attention to that regarding the roles I play, Who are they? What is their motivation? What are their weakenesses? What's their passion? Of course as well as this, Who's filming it? Who's producing it? The strength of the script, and what it's trying to tell...
Foremostly, what story is it trying to tell? These are all general aspects you look at. But they'll be one core thing and that can change. It could be the Director for example while Sometimes the role changes . Sometimes the job itself, the production itself...I don't know.

Q5) Tell us about short films?

ENGIN: Regarding short film, I can say this that Short film is not something that exists too much in my life but...I can say this to our friends who film 'Short Flim',One of the fundamental aspects of this job is Directing actors based on my own career experience, that's all I can say.
To be a good director, to film a good story on a base level relies on the relationship you form with your actors Or the direction given to actors. Its for that reason by watching good actors' performances they can secure something.Because this is a basic fact. No matter how good the script, or how accurately you portray the story, if your actors don't give good performances, you're film will be limited in its successIt's for that reason, they need to solve the situation.

Q6) How can the Directors solve this problem in your opinion, also those who work with amatuer actors?

ENGIN: How can they do this...? Whether it's within the training that they provide...maybe the education and the development of the actors maybe assistance could be asked for, from established actors from their acting coaches. For me personally, the one thing I can say to our friends who work in short film is regarding the direction for actors.
Daily we see the acting profession changing...even in short film. Because in short film you generally work with amateur actors and when you're working with this many amateur actors you need a different direction (or approach). This can take you to an entirely different place. For example if we were to watch an established Directors first films, you'll still see good direction given to actors...Personally, that's all I can say.

Edited by SaraFatma - 8 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks SaraF for this transcript.
I did watch the video...just seeing him...talk...talk endlessly.

Are there any videos of FG era?
SaraFatma thumbnail
There were some for arab TV called orbit. I havent seen any turkish tv interview ones from that time. Except for some papparazi vids. Il post if I find any !
MercuryVenus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Sara...felt sorry to know Turkish media is so irresponsible and immature. We too have such media persons but by and large people associated with big and renowned media houses do responsible reporting and moreover our celebrities too are dependent on media for their promotion so they usually make peace with media.
tvluvr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@sarafatma thanks for posting the translated interview. engin is a sweetheart.
DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yellow journalism exists everywhere.
I guess each celebrity have their own ways to fight it.
Am sure Engin is shrewd to tackle them.*smiles*
SaraFatma thumbnail
ENGIN AKYUREK INTERVIEW~ with Omur Gedik~ 2014

[Translated by Engin Akyurek Universal Fans Club]
Engin Akyurek, who hasn't given an interview in years spoke with Omur Gedik.It was translated by EAUFC page.
All credit for the translation goes to Universal fans Page. Thanks EAUFC :)

'When I announced the young actor's interview through social media channels, I saw what a large and devoted fan group the young actor has. Engin Akyurek will be on the large screen again on February 14, as the lead character in "Bi Kucuk Eylul Meselesi (A Small September Affair)".
- Omur Gedik
Interviewer: Engin Akyurek hardly ever discusses himself, and so little is known about him, that his fans are curious about everything starting from his childhood. Let's start our discussion from there
Engin: I was born in 1981, and I can say I grew up playing in the streets pretty much. I spent my childhood in Ankara.

Interviewer: What did you play the most?
Engin: Football.

Interviewer: Which team do you like?
Engin:Besiktas. We used to say Metin, Ali, Feyyaz and nothing else!

Interviewer: Were you naughty?
Engin: Very much!
Interviewer:Do you have any bruises or scars anywhere?
Engin:I have a scar on my lip from falling as child.

Interviewer:Do you remember what you wanted to be when you were young?
Engin: It used to change every year. I wanted to be a football player, then a lawyer.

Interviewer:Were you a good student?
Engin: No, I was never very committed to my classes.

Interviewer:Are you the kind of person that falls in and of out love quickly? Did you used to fall in love quickly?
Engin:Like every kid.. that is, like everyone else. Let's not say fall in out of love, because we lived in a more innocent time, and everything was more innocent. There was no way to find anyone on Facebook or Twitter. If you saw someone you saw them, if you said something, you said it; we didn't have any second chances.

Interviewer:Do you remember your first love?
Engin: Yes, I remember it. I was in middle school, either first or second year. Her name was Nazan. I even made a joke about it. I said to her, "Look, your name is Nazan. If you read it 'left to right' it is Nazan, if you read it 'right to left', it is Nazan."

Interviewer: So, right then, the girl took off and never looked back, right?
Engin: I think so, yeah, it ended there... (Laughing)
Interviewer: Your life changed direction immediately after "Turkiye'nin Yildizlari" (Turkey's Stars), right?
Engin:Young boys have a difficult time at 14-15, their minds are all messed up. Later, you begin to mature, know yourself better, and start to figure out what you want to do with your life. Regarding that, I think the show was the place where I found all my answers.

Interviewer:What made you decide to enter the show?
Engin: The contest was something that had grown inside me, something that seemed to represent the things I wanted. But, I believe this, even if I had not entered that contest, I still would have taken up acting.

Interviewer:So, the contest ended, and then...?
Engin:"Yabanci Damat (Foreign Groom) entered my life..

Interviewer:Did you get lost in Istanbul during that time?
Engin:No, I came to Istanbul by myself, but didn't find being here hard. I took on things to make me grow..
(Fans were delighted to learn about Engin from his own mouth.)
Interviewer: You studied history in the university. Do you have any plans in the future to use your history degree?
Engin: I am a good history reader, I follow all the newly released books. But, an academic career is a very different concentration. I think my degree added a great deal to my intellectual growth.

Interviewer: What do you think it added, then?
Engin: It doesn't always have to be a historical piece to benefit from history. History can be used to better understand a character, too. I don't think you can really play a character in 2014 very well, if you don't know the troubled periods this country went through.

Interviewer:In Bir Bulut Olsam (I wish I were a Cloud), the epileptic, psychotic, obsessed character, Mustafa Bulut, was talked about a lot, and he became a legend. How did this character come about?
Engin: He was a fantastic character written by Meral Abla (Okay), may she rest in peace. Think about a leading man; he is epileptic, he is psychotic, and he beats women. You have to show your attractive and charming and interesting side to your audience, so they can believe in your love.

Interviewer: Mustafa Bulut also a very passionate man. Are you like that also?
Engin: I am passionate, but I don't show it like that.

Interviewer: How do you show your passion?
Engin: I don't think passion has to do with just love, in my opinion. I am passionate about life, about Besiktas.

Interviewer: Is your passion for Besiktas stronger than your love for a woman?
Engin: No, it would be wrong to say that!
(Engin does not mix private life and work life, being an actor he keeps away from celebrity culture, because he has values in life.)
Interviewer:Okay, what about your job or career? Is that more important? Do you say, first my job, then my love life?
Engin:No, I don't say things like that. I don't like to put my life into categories like that. I don't prioritize in my head like that.

Interviewer: Your movie is going to be in theaters on February 14. Will you say a few things about Valentine's Day? What are you going to do?
Engin: I don't have a lover, but I am wondering what else is there to do!?

Interviewer: There are many things you can do, if only you wish to! Do you like surprising people?
Engin: Yes, I love to surprise people, but I soon forget about it, and the surprises fly away like balloons.

Interviewer:What do you mean?
Engin: I forget about it.
Interviewer:But, you think about doing something, right?
Engin:Oh, unbelievable things...

Interviewer:Then, you have to do it right away, don't let any time get in the way!
Engin:Yes, I think so, too. But, you have to capture that moment. But, when I think about it, and then remember, two and half years have gone by!

Interviewer:Oh, my God! I don't know what to say to you!
Engin: But, I am being honest! At least, I say it!

Interviewer:The director of "Bir Kucuk Eylul Meselesi" has said "There are many beautiful things that we miss when we are living our lives." Do you think there are some things you have missed or haven't done?
Engin: I am sure there are. The movie is exactly about this, actually. Life is full of amazing miracles that we miss, love is one of these.

Interviewer: What kind of character do you play in that movie?
Engin:A caricaturist. Living in Bozca by himself, but he is not originally from there, he has moved there later, and he lives by himself in a quiet and protective life that he has created. And, he is actually happy. But, because of a woman, he realizes that there are more beautiful things in life.

Interviewer:What does being alone mean for you? Have you ever wanted to be alone?
Engin:No, I have never wanted to be alone.

Interviewer: Haven't you ever wanted to run away from a life of running around and being in the center of all this competition?
Engin: No, I have never thought to. Maybe 50 years or so later. I count the days when I work hard as sleeping and those days when I sleep a lot as part of working.

Interviewer:You play a caricaturist in the movie. Can you draw also?
Engin: Yes, since I always had magazines and use to draw, I do have some talent for drawing and for creating caricatures.
Fans were hungry for his interview for years, his interview was translated by fans globally into 6 different languages.
Interviewer: Do you have other hobbies?
Engin: I like watching movies, swimming. I do scuba-diving in summers, diving excites me differently.

Interviewer: what kind of lover are you? I heard that you said "I won't chase after someone who doesn't want me."
Engin:It's different, depending on the feelings of the person I am with. I don't know where I supposedly said that, but it's not like me.

Interviewer:Your fans all over the world are curious about your private life!
Engin:Maybe.

Interviewer: Okay, so, if you were in a relationship, would you conceal it?
Engin:No, I wouldn't hide it.

Interviewer:Are you a congenial person, easy to get along.
Engin:Pretty much.

Interviewer: You don't have any flaws, vices, demands? I don't mean just on the set, but in your general life.
Engin: Maybe towards those I love, those that are close to me.

Interviewer: How about on the set?
Engin:On the set, I constantly ask for tea! That is my biggest demand.
(Engin's favorite drink is Tea)
Interviewer: They always make you play flawed men. Sad, isn't it?
Engin:Maybe, those characters are more realistic, and I actually like flawed characters.

Interviewer: That is what actually makes a character special and different.
Engin: In the end, we all have flaws and issues.

Interviewer:You played in Zeki Demirkubuz' movie, "Kader." How did you meet each other?
Engin: Zeki Abi saw me in "Yabanci Damat" (Foreign Groom)..I learned a lot from him.

Interviewer: Such as?
Engin:That acting has a lot to do with concentration, how to show realism in a show, in a character, I learned all that from him.

Interviewer: What do you think of the leading men in the movies? How do you compare with them?
Engin: You should ask the audience that. But, I think leading men have become more real, more like us. But, if you are talking about television, Yes, based on the projects I have been involved in, I have been a leading man.
Tekin received positive response from critics and fans alike, a character that made audiences cry and feel his love for Eylul.
Interviewer: How would you summarize "Bi Kucuk Eylul Meselesi?"
Engin:A 2014 love story.That is, it is not like innocent, friendly love stories of our youth. It is about a man who has run away from his past in the city, and a relationship.But, later on, they live naive, innocent lives, thoughts, they change. This film makes us think a little about what we actually need.

Interviewer: Did anything interesting happen during filming?
Engin: Farah Zeynep Abdullah and I have an underwater scene. But, we were filming in the middle of September, in Bozca. The water was 16 degrees. I saw us turning blue.
---------------------------- THE END --------------------------
Note: critics loved the movue "bi kucuk eylul meselesi" and gave Engin roaring positive comments praising his talent, acting and mimicry :)
movie 'Bi kucuk eylul meselesi'.
it released on 14th February 2014 in Turkey and received positve response from audiences and critics alike. It won crystal mouse award for best film of 2014.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Guys do chdck out this songmade for promotion of Kara Para ask in Pakistan.
Its sung by Ali Khan the famous singer of Sathiya song.

The thene of show was unconditional love so I love how they made the song 'me chaho tumhe beinteha'

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zvr69